The PokéCommunity Forums General Pokémon Discussions Pokémon Anime
Will the identity of Ash's father ever be revealed?

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:44 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by _Dog View Post
    They sure won't do anything about that now, since the anime doesn't care for past characters (and many present characters too since they will be removed from the anime shortly).
    I know, I was just responding to Quiji's question.
    Old 4 Weeks Ago (3:21 PM).
    Wayfarer

Nature: Brave
      I can imagine him being an important character in a movie who encounters a legendary Pokémon that needs him to leave the planet in order to solve a conflict some time after his initial departure from his family. Ash and company could find their way to his location through a portal of some kind. A second scenario is that he gives up becoming a Pokémon master and fades into obscurity for years before emerging as some sort of villain who is wearing a fancy, over the top disguise to conceal his identity. After being defeated he reveals his true identity, has a moment with his son and wife as the world crumbles, and sacrifices himself to save everyone from the disaster he caused.
      Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:44 AM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Kai Ai View Post
        I can imagine him being an important character in a movie who encounters a legendary Pokémon that needs him to leave the planet in order to solve a conflict some time after his initial departure from his family. Ash and company could find their way to his location through a portal of some kind. A second scenario is that he gives up becoming a Pokémon master and fades into obscurity for years before emerging as some sort of villain who is wearing a fancy, over the top disguise to conceal his identity. After being defeated he reveals his true identity, has a moment with his son and wife as the world crumbles, and sacrifices himself to save everyone from the disaster he caused.
        Yeah... no. I don't see this happening. Might be for the better too. Sorry.

The anime writers don't care about Ash's father.
        Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:06 AM).
        Wayfarer

Nature: Brave
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by _Dog View Post
          Yeah... no. I don't see this happening. Might be for the better too. Sorry.

The anime writers don't care about Ash's father.
          If that were the case they could've said that he died or disappeared. Instead they revealed that he is alive and left his family to try becoming a Pokémon master.
          Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:32 AM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Quiji.
          All I Want For Xmas

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Kai Ai View Post
            If that were the case they could've said that he died or disappeared. Instead they revealed that he is alive and left his family to try becoming a Pokémon master.
            Well seeing as he was only mentioned in one episode over 20 years ago, I'd say he's as good as "disappeared" at this point. The odds of him popping up anytime soon are slim, much less in the scenario that you came up with, which sounds like the script of a Hollywood movie.
            Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:57 PM).

Nature: Gentle
            Hiya guys; I just wanna give a quick reminder: giving opinions is fine, but please do not derail threads; it becomes spam and kinda useless to the main discussion at hand, so let's all avoid that, okay?

Quick Reply