The PokéCommunity Forums General Pokémon Discussions Pokémon Anime
Will the identity of Ash's father ever be revealed?

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:44 PM).
weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Posts: 2,582
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by _Dog View Post
    They sure won't do anything about that now, since the anime doesn't care for past characters (and many present characters too since they will be removed from the anime shortly).
    I know, I was just responding to Quiji's question.
    Reply With Quote
      #52    
    Old 4 Weeks Ago (3:21 PM).
    Kai's Avatar
    Kai Kai is offline
    Wayfarer
       
      Join Date: Jul 2017
      Location: Scotland
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 265
      I can imagine him being an important character in a movie who encounters a legendary Pokémon that needs him to leave the planet in order to solve a conflict some time after his initial departure from his family. Ash and company could find their way to his location through a portal of some kind. A second scenario is that he gives up becoming a Pokémon master and fades into obscurity for years before emerging as some sort of villain who is wearing a fancy, over the top disguise to conceal his identity. After being defeated he reveals his true identity, has a moment with his son and wife as the world crumbles, and sacrifices himself to save everyone from the disaster he caused.
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #53    
      Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:44 AM).
      _Dog _Dog is offline
         
        Join Date: Jan 2017
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 19
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Kai Ai View Post
        I can imagine him being an important character in a movie who encounters a legendary Pokémon that needs him to leave the planet in order to solve a conflict some time after his initial departure from his family. Ash and company could find their way to his location through a portal of some kind. A second scenario is that he gives up becoming a Pokémon master and fades into obscurity for years before emerging as some sort of villain who is wearing a fancy, over the top disguise to conceal his identity. After being defeated he reveals his true identity, has a moment with his son and wife as the world crumbles, and sacrifices himself to save everyone from the disaster he caused.
        Yeah... no. I don't see this happening. Might be for the better too. Sorry.

        The anime writers don't care about Ash's father.
        Reply With Quote
          #54    
        Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:06 AM).
        Kai's Avatar
        Kai Kai is offline
        Wayfarer
           
          Join Date: Jul 2017
          Location: Scotland
          Nature: Brave
          Posts: 265
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by _Dog View Post
          Yeah... no. I don't see this happening. Might be for the better too. Sorry.

          The anime writers don't care about Ash's father.
          If that were the case they could've said that he died or disappeared. Instead they revealed that he is alive and left his family to try becoming a Pokémon master.
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #55    
          Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:32 AM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Quiji.
          Quiji's Avatar
          Quiji Quiji is online now
          All I Want For Xmas
             
            Join Date: Aug 2009
            Gender: Female
            Posts: 130
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Kai Ai View Post
            If that were the case they could've said that he died or disappeared. Instead they revealed that he is alive and left his family to try becoming a Pokémon master.
            Well seeing as he was only mentioned in one episode over 20 years ago, I'd say he's as good as "disappeared" at this point. The odds of him popping up anytime soon are slim, much less in the scenario that you came up with, which sounds like the script of a Hollywood movie.
            Reply With Quote
              #56    
            Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:57 PM).
            Dragon's Avatar
            Dragon Dragon is online now
             
            Join Date: Sep 2013
            Location: Viridian City
            Age: 25
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Gentle
            Posts: 10,047
            Hiya guys; I just wanna give a quick reminder: giving opinions is fine, but please do not derail threads; it becomes spam and kinda useless to the main discussion at hand, so let's all avoid that, okay?
            __________________
            Reply With Quote
            Reply

            Quick Reply

            Join the conversation!

            Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

            Create a PokéCommunity Account
            Thread Tools

            Posting Rules
            You may not post new threads
            You may not post replies
            You may not post attachments
            You may not edit your posts

            BB code is On
            Smilies are On
            [IMG] code is On
            HTML code is Off

            Forum Jump


            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:41 PM.