• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Light

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 20, 2021
This game is in early development, and the reason for it to be posted as a thread is to get fedback one it
International_Pokemon_logo1.png

Introduction

Long ago in the dark ages...
the world was covered with darkness, terror and horror that only existed in peoples nightmare.
But those were real. creatures not like any other pokemon roaming the land, causing fear and chaos to everything they come across.
people were scared to step outside, even though they knew they can't hide forever
Everyone was hopeless.
and all this was cause by one powerfull monster, that no one dared to face
But one day,
A brave man apeared out of nowhere, he fought his way against those things along side his partner pokemon to stop the monster that was causing all this.
unfortunatly that monster was too strong for them, they did not stand a chance
but that hero didn't give up, he and his partner used some sort of magic on the monster to seal his powers away, makeing it hopeless and weak
the monster fled and all those creatures disapeared and with it bringing light to this world once again
the hero was never seen after that. disapearing like the same way he apeared
Arceus succeeded and sealed Darkeus away in a stone, deep in the heart of the mountain where you can still feel his dark aura.
The stone got put away very deep into the Heart of the Nodorro region. And Arceus created an group of elite monks who would guard the prissoner.
After that was settled Arceus made the region gone from the radar. Covered in the mists of what is believed from the legendary pokemon Volcanion.
After this, Arceus was no longer seen above the Nodorro region and mostlikely returned to his own place.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Features

- new region to explore!
- new fakemon
- new regional variants!
- new typings ???
- an intriguing story!
- optional league
- choices effecting the story(even your starter choice but a minor effect)
- items instead of HMs
- a new type of forms
- a new type of mega evolution
and more planned​

Team:​

If you would like to join the team, please contact me with examples of your work, doesn't matter what you are good at, music,sprites,scripting,Ect...
TheLightSword : Lead developer
CubShnoo : Story/Events
TheNameLucaIsTaken : stats and movesets for fakemons
Ammy_shiota: fakemon designs
FeralGator: fakemon designs

Credits:

Sprites
Atomic Reactor , iametrine , JoshR691

tiles:
Aki , Atomic Reactor , WesleyFG , Alucus , tilergirl , Magiscarf , PinkFl , Kyle-Dove , Speedialga , AceRidley406 , ChaoticCherryCake , princess-phoenix

SoundTrack:
GlitchXCity , abelayst

Scripts:
Luka SJ ,Kleinstudio , Deo

EBS:
GameFreak , Luka S.J , Pokecheck.org , dragonnite , Tebited15 , Eli , lilatraube , Maruno , PokémonEssentials , BadSamaritan

Pokémon Essentials:
Maruno​

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2023
I saw this on Relic Castle!
Anyway, it's looking pretty great so far. I like the Fakemon designs a ton.
A few people already commented on this on the other forum, but the Dark Arceus thing is a bit cliche (namewise at least). This might have been already mentioned as well, but there's a bit of a tile issue in the first screenshot on the mountains, which is probably because of the corners on the original tileset anyway.
I'm excited to see what comes from this!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 20, 2021
here are 2 gifs of what i've done latly:
-eventing the frirst scene and testing the hiker's sprite and stuff
GIF.gif

GIF1.gif

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 6, 2019
This game looks good but the sprites for the characters and players are a little strange because the sprites look like the characters are taller than the rocks in caves meaning they shouldn't really be blocked off by rocks at the height of their kneecap but other than that this looks like its going to be a good fan game.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 20, 2021
it has been almost a year since i updated this place jeez ._.
so i finaly remembered about this place and updated the thread with changing the introduction (which is not the plot)
here are some screenshots from the game and what was happening( it ain't really that much mostly UI stuff)
Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Back