• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sims

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
It's something I get in and out of a lot over the years, my most recent Sims phase had me adopting a raccoon and treasure hunting Indiana Jones-style with one of the newer expansion packs.

Do you enjoy playing the Sims? Which ones have you played? What shenanigans do you get up to with your Sims? Do you lead your Sims to successful, happy lives or are you more of a sadistic ruler?

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I love the Sims. I play Sims 4 religiously. I like coming up with scandalous storylines and other scenarios that I have my sims act out. I tend to create Sims based on their personality. I love building although I'm not that great at it. I try and do recreations of real life buildings sometimes too.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I love the Sims. I play Sims 4 religiously. I like coming up with scandalous storylines and other scenarios that I have my sims act out. I tend to create Sims based on their personality. I love building although I'm not that great at it. I try and do recreations of real life buildings sometimes too.
I love building houses in general too! I think it might be my favourite part of the game, haha, sometimes I feel like everything I make my Sims do is for money to keep building and buying furniture, and when it's done I'm just like "well what do I need all this money for now"

Sims 4 is really growing on me. When it first came out it was a bit of a disappointment but after some of the patches and expansions it's a lot of fun now, imo. AI is still infuriating sometimes. :p

Have you guys tried some of the mods? MC Command Center is pretty neat.

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I love building houses in general too! I think it might be my favourite part of the game, haha, sometimes I feel like everything I make my Sims do is for money to keep building and buying furniture, and when it's done I'm just like "well what do I need all this money for now"

Sims 4 is really growing on me. When it first came out it was a bit of a disappointment but after some of the patches and expansions it's a lot of fun now, imo. AI is still infuriating sometimes. :p

Have you guys tried some of the mods? MC Command Center is pretty neat.

I didn't play when it first came out. Honestly after all those years, The Sims kind of slipped off my radar. I have heard that TS4 was awful and didn't even have pools on release! Now I think they're headed in the right direction. I still can't believe that we have sliding doors now and that it was in a free update :o

Years
MAN OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN

I fucking love me some Sims.

I played 1 on and off from like 2000 to....2009 or so? Which is super sad, but my PC at the time was unable to handle TS2. :( I've never really had the chance to ~*experience*~ it. I did bootcamp my MBP just to play it, but I miss the QOL features from TS4 [e.g. multitasking!!!]

I bought every single expansion/stuff pack for The Sims 3, and I illegally downloaded a lot of the store content (bc it was too expensive ok).
I played it a TON, but...god it ran like shit. A lot of that is due to the EPs being produced by different teams who didn't apparently communicate very well. And the sims are so ugly.

I bought TS4 shortly after it came out, and I love it now. I have every single EP, GP, and SP. I have a few different saves:
  • One where I'm trying to do a legacy. I keep getting bored because I started them with no money, and now by the 3rd generation...they have plenty.
  • One where I had one male sim impregnate an entire save file. No, seriously. He has over 50 children.
And...I guess that's all I mainly play right now.

I really miss the soul from previous games, but SEASONS was certainly a step in the right direction for TS4.

I love MC Command Center, and I refuse to use WickedWhims/Basemental drugs.

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
MAN OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN

I fucking love me some Sims.

I played 1 on and off from like 2000 to....2009 or so? Which is super sad, but my PC at the time was unable to handle TS2. :( I've never really had the chance to ~*experience*~ it. I did bootcamp my MBP just to play it, but I miss the QOL features from TS4 [e.g. multitasking!!!]

I bought every single expansion/stuff pack for The Sims 3, and I illegally downloaded a lot of the store content (bc it was too expensive ok).
I played it a TON, but...god it ran like shit. A lot of that is due to the EPs being produced by different teams who didn't apparently communicate very well. And the sims are so ugly.

I bought TS4 shortly after it came out, and I love it now. I have every single EP, GP, and SP. I have a few different saves:
  • One where I'm trying to do a legacy. I keep getting bored because I started them with no money, and now by the 3rd generation...they have plenty.
  • One where I had one male sim impregnate an entire save file. No, seriously. He has over 50 children.
And...I guess that's all I mainly play right now.

I really miss the soul from previous games, but SEASONS was certainly a step in the right direction for TS4.

I love MC Command Center, and I refuse to use WickedWhims/Basemental drugs.

I use WickedWhims. Idk I just like realism in my games :P

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I mean...to each their own. I don't really use CC either. Some people use really creepy CC that makes their Sims look hyper-realistic and I am not a fan.

Then I don't think you'd want to see my mods folder lmao

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
POST SOME SCREENSHOTS SIS

Spoiler:

it was worse, i had like over 1k files maybe even more than that i'm not sure lmao. i'm in the process of organizing them tho.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I like coming up with scandalous storylines and other scenarios that I have my sims act out.
I use WickedWhims. Idk I just like realism in my games
dare I even ask what your Sims get up to :p
I mean...to each their own. I don't really use CC either. Some people use really creepy CC that makes their Sims look hyper-realistic and I am not a fan.
SAME
I personally really like the more cartoony look of the Sims in 4, so yeah, some of the CC just doesn't quite fit in with the style for me.
I recall using face-tweaking/modifying mods in Sims 3 because the vanilla models were kinda butt ugly there, but I never felt like my Sims weren't good looking or polished enough in 4, so I never bothered.

The minor gameplay/AI tweaks with MCCC are amazing though!

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Do you have any screenshots from your game though? And I don't see MCC! Do you not use it?!

most of it is cc i can screenshot it when i'm not lazy to open the game. i've never used mcc but i've heard only good things about it. i really haven't seen a need for it, at least for me anyway.

SAME
I personally really like the more cartoony look of the Sims in 4, so yeah, some of the CC just doesn't quite fit in with the style for me.
I recall using face-tweaking/modifying mods in Sims 3 because the vanilla models were kinda butt ugly there, but I never felt like my Sims weren't good looking or polished enough in 4, so I never bothered.

let's just say my sims are pretty naughty.

Years

SAME

I love the cartoon-ish style of Sims 4. It's like TS2 but better. I loved Create-a-Style/etc in TS3, but...man some of the Sims were so ugly.
My only wish at this point would be that they add more hair colors. The blonde shades are terrible haha.
most of it is cc i can screenshot it when i'm not lazy to open the game. i've never used mcc but i've heard only good things about it. i really haven't seen a need for it, at least for me anyway.
I wanna see! :D I'm working on uploading a bunch of photos from my ongoing legacy.

I also realized I'm doing a breed-out-the-ugly challenge. I'll have to upload screenshots from that, too!

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I love the cartoon-ish style of Sims 4. It's like TS2 but better. I loved Create-a-Style/etc in TS3, but...man some of the Sims were so ugly.
My only wish at this point would be that they add more hair colors. The blonde shades are terrible haha.

I wanna see! :D I'm working on uploading a bunch of photos from my ongoing legacy.

I also realized I'm doing a breed-out-the-ugly challenge. I'll have to upload screenshots from that, too!

Juno said:

Meet my newest Sim, Jordan. Not completely done with this outfits, but here are a couple of them <3

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I also like copy in some music that I have on my computer so it will play on the radio so my Sims can get down to some Ariana Grande tbh.

also found this hat and HAD TO HAVE IT

iKY8hVS.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
LOL that hat

I see he's created with some kpop influences? :p That's the vibe I'm getting, at least.

I'll share some of my characters soon, too! I'm usually not very creative with mine tbh, I usually just model them after real people but I must say, I am pretty spot on with the "me" Sim and she looks just like me, I was pretty proud of that. :D

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
LOL that hat

I see he's created with some kpop influences? :p That's the vibe I'm getting, at least.

I'll share some of my characters soon, too! I'm usually not very creative with mine tbh, I usually just model them after real people but I must say, I am pretty spot on with the "me" Sim and she looks just like me, I was pretty proud of that. :D

That wasn't the original plan, but now that you said that, I can totally see it!

Back