• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✿ Petals in the Wind - The Grass-type Fan Club ✿

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I think it's time for a topic.

What is the scariest grass type?

Grass types are often regarded as the beautiful and elegant type, but there's a couple pokemon that don't quite fit these descriptions. What grass type most fits along the "nightmare monster" group for you?

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Username: Pokemount
Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: Mount or Brendan
Two grass-type Pokemon: Victreebel and Vileplume
Partner Pokemon: Roserade!

What is you favorite grass-type Pokemon and why? As of now it is Roserade (prior to gen 4 it was Victreebel).
Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why? I'd have to go with Erika. I love her design and character, and the pokemon she uses.
What made you love grass-type Pokemon? I love how great they can be in battle, from healing your pokemon with aromatherapy, putting a target to sleep, and just knocking out opponents with a deadly solarbeam!
What is your favorite grass-type starter?
Very close call between Chikorita and Treecko.

Question: Would you like me to design userbars so members can put them on their signatures?
I think it would be a nice addition.

Poki

Banned
Years

What is you favorite grass-type Pokemon and why? As of now it is Roserade (prior to gen 4 it was Victreebel).
Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why? I'd have to go with Erika. I love her design and character, and the pokemon she uses.
What made you love grass-type Pokemon? I love how great they can be in battle, from healing your pokemon with aromatherapy, putting a target to sleep, and just knocking out opponents with a deadly solarbeam!

Question: Would you like me to design userbars so members can put them on their signatures?

I made the userbars for her, she gotta put them on here. :3

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years

I was meant to add the userbars today but the Internet was slow so I didn't have a chance, but I will choose a few and do that now. c:

I think it's time for a topic.

Grass types are often regarded as the beautiful and elegant type, but there's a couple pokemon that don't quite fit these descriptions. What grass type most fits along the "nightmare monster" group for you?

I was just about to make a topic actually, but this one sounds fun!

If we are talking about the Pokemon's design then I would have to go with Carnivine. There was always something about this guy that scared me. Maybe because it's a large carnivorous plant that latches itself onto tree branches and waits to ambush prey. I wouldn't want to be patrolling around the Great Marsh with these guys hanging around!

Here is something I heard on the Internet that makes Paras the winner in this topic.

While Paras' symbiotic relationship with the mushrooms on its back isn't exactly normal, it is beneficial for both; Paras feeds the mushrooms with its body, and the fungus provides additional means of defense. Exactly how much control the mushrooms can exert over the Pokemon isn't clear, but odd goes to disturbing when Paras evolves into Parasect.

It's hard to say exactly what change takes place at Level 24, but for some reason, the mushrooms take their chance and merge into a single organism, taking over the Paras in the process. With heightened aggression and a pair of zombified milky eyes, anything cute or endearing about Paras is replaced by a demonic drone known as Parasect.

By the way everyone, instead of making 10 or more posts in this club to win partner slots I am changing it to five.

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
I think Cacturne is one of the scariest since it is a walking, living scarecrow.

Poki

Banned
Years
Parasect. It's a friggin zombie! D: The mushroom took over its body and it's now lifeless, hence the lack of pupils.

Sirfetch’d

To me the scariest Grass type Pokemon is definitely Ferrothorn. It would be absolutely a pain to touch because of all of his barbs and not to mention he could swing his barbed extensions at you. Also he is an incredibly ugly Pokemon to look at and just overall one that scares me in battle.

Years

Ferrothorn, for same reasons as Jelli stated above. The spikes literally creep me out not to mention how annoying it is in battle, and spikes sure do hurt a lot if you damage it with contact moves.

Hyzenthlay

Years

Hello Brendan! Welcome to the Grass-type fan club! Hope you enjoy it here. <3

I have added you to the list with your two Pokemon being Victreebel and Vileplume but if you want me to change it then just ask!

Remember to keep active everybody! :D

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023

Honestly its a tie between Exeggcute and Ferrothorn. While I do like using Exeggcute itself, the concept of it is kinda scary. How do multiple eggs lay an egg which then hatches into more eggs? I mean, the concept of reproduction can be applied to the Pokemon world but it just doesn't make any sense at all. Plus its original sprite in the first games was horrifying. There was this one huge egg with an arrogant expression and then its cronies around it. The thought of what would happen if they hit the ground with such impact that one of the eggs broke in half, is also an unpleasant thought that I don't want to linger on. And how do they stick together all the time? Are they like pulled by a magnetic force? What happens to three eggs when it evolves? Is it like the there were ten sausages on a wall song or what? On a side note, it just slightly creeps me out. Sorry Exeggcute. :(

Second place goes to Ferrothorn. A spiky alien-like creature that just glares at you grumpily. Terrifying. Imagine what it would feel like. Imagine pricking your finger on a cactus except a thousand times worse. It just looks so unwelcoming, reckless and a criminal-like Pokemon. I hate its design and I don't understand how it has anything to do with the nature-loving grass types. Plus imagine being lashed by one of those three whip-like arms. Painful. Overall its a tie between Exeggcute and Ferrothorn though.

And I'm gonna make a quick comment on TrainerMussadiq's post. Aren't all grass-types technically moving plants? Or at least the majority of them? You've got moving mushrooms, moving grass snakes, moving flowers, moving everything, that Venusaur doesn't really stand out. Do you mind explaining a bit more on why Venusaur is terrifying? I mean I personally find Victreebel scarier at the thought of a human-sized fly trap but that's just me. :p

Hyzenthlay

Years
Seems a lot of people reckon that Ferrothorn is the scariest grass-type of them all! Personally, I don't think his appearance is that scary at all so I went to the Pokemon Database and read his Pokédex descriptions.

By swinging around its three spiky feelers and shooting spikes, it can obliterate an opponent.

And

A hit from these steel spikes can reduce a boulder to rubble.

So you wouldn't want to mess with this guy!

Last edited:

LolPizzaLol

Just chillin'
Years
Yo, Pizza! ^-^ Like the name! Kind of rolls off the tongue. Leafeon is actually my second favorite Pokemon from the eeveelution chain! I plan on using it once I begin a new file on Pokemon White. Have you had any experience with using it competitively? If so, some advise would nice. ^^

By the way, Chikorita is definitely on my top ten favorite Pokemon list! It's adorable!
Spoiler:
I never used Leafeon competitively, so I don't really know about that, I just think it's cute <3
Parasect. It's a friggin zombie! D: The mushroom took over its body and it's now lifeless, hence the lack of pupils.
I agree, it reminds me of The Last of Us.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I was going to say Shiftry, but then I remembered the anime episode featuring a Shiftry that kidnapped Nurse Joy so that she could help a sick Nuzleaf. Ever since then, I see them more as misunderstood than evil. XD

Years
Username : RàinbowDàsh
Nickname : Rainbowdash
Two grass type pokemon : Cherrim and deerling
Partner pokemon : Cherrim (sun form since it's cuter and are on the list ^^)
Partners nickname : Zyra

What is you favorite grass-type Pokemon and why? Grovyle, ever since mystery dungeon explorers of time that has been my all time favorite, before that it was bellossom
Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why? I have to go with Erika, she is so nice in the anime that i still remember it and i like her pokemon in the games :)
What made you love grass-type Pokemon? uhm.. i dont really know i just do it :D
What is your favorite grass-type starter? (Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy and Chespin). Treecko and Turtwig is my favorite starters, but if i had to choose one of them, it would have been treecko

Hyzenthlay

Years
Username : RàinbowDàsh
Nickname : Rainbowdash
Two grass type pokemon : Cherrim and deerling
Partner pokemon : Cherrim (sun form since it's cuter and are on the list ^^)
Partners nickname : Zyra

What is you favorite grass-type Pokemon and why? Grovyle, ever since mystery dungeon explorers of time that has been my all time favorite, before that it was bellossom
Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why? I have to go with Erika, she is so nice in the anime that i still remember it and i like her pokemon in the games :)
What made you love grass-type Pokemon? uhm.. i dont really know i just do it :D
What is your favorite grass-type starter? (Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy and Chespin). Treecko and Turtwig is my favorite starters, but if i had to choose one of them, it would have been treecko

Happy to have you here, Rainbowdash! You have been added to the member list! Sunshine Cherrim sure is a cutie and Deerling has it's good qualities. ^-^

What do you think is the eeriest grass-type Pokemon out there?

Mintyy

Minty~
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 4, 2019
Username: Mintyy
Nickname: Minty ^^
Two grass-type Pokemon: Shaymin (Sky form) and Sunflora
Partner Pokemon: Shaymin (Sky form)
Partner's nickname: Rain

Fav Grass type and why?: I simply adore Leafeon and Chikorita! I was a gen 2 girl and I'm kinda bias when it comes to any gen 2 Pokémon! I love its design and just the pure cuteness! Leafeon is for the same reasons, they have a similar character design with the leaf on the head, and I love the green textures!
Fav Grass type Gym Leader: Has to be either Erika or Gardenia! I love both character's personalities, their design, and the Pokemon they use!
What made me love grass types?: I love how they can be both elegant, and ferocious! No two are ever the same, even if they use similar colour textures! Each have a very unique and unforgettable look, plus the majority of them are super adorable (or super cool and fierce)!
Fav starter Grass type?: Chikorita! Super cute, and Meganium is a tank!
Eeriest Grass Type?: If it's pure grass, it has to be Carnivine. I'm not a big fan of Venus Flytraps, and how it always like noms on James makes me think that it'd eat other people too! If it's the secondary type, it has to be Parasect. Like seriously? It's possessed by a fungus! It's like The Last of Us, only Parasect was like before it! Super creepy if you ask me, it's a zombie.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Welcome to the club Minty! I'm not the owner so I can't formally welcome you into the club, but I can at least greet you!

Parasect is a little creepy, with those eyes with no pupils and brainless wandering. It'll have you think twice before evolving it, forcing it to lose the struggle over its own body. I like Carnivine because I used to have a Venus Fly-trap. They aren't that big, contrary to popular belief, as the bigger ones only grow to be about a foot tall. Mine probably grew to ten inches, but I had to get rid of it when I moved to a less humid environment where it couldn't survive. Back on topic, Carnivine I could imagine eating a few people if one ever got the psychotic urge to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back