• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Leon's DPE + CFRU Base and Ultimate Rom Base

Septentrion

Evilutionary biologist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 13, 2023
I followed the instruction for opponents mega evolving and it doesn't happen.

I haven't been successful for making my pokemon mega-evolve either with the MEga Ring, Mega Stones, and variables set to 0x161. You don't have any instructions for how to do it in game.

Years
I followed the instruction for opponents mega evolving and it doesn't happen.

I haven't been successful for making my pokemon mega-evolve either with the MEga Ring, Mega Stones, and variables set to 0x161. You don't have any instructions for how to do it in game.

Did you also define the evolutions?
I.e. open a Pokemon Editor and add a Mega Evolution condition to every mega potential Pokemon?

(Gen3Tools; Pidgeot pictured here)
http://prntscr.com/k2sha0

I saw it wasn't done yet in the base so maybe you forgot it?
You also need to define the exact same evolution to the mega Pokemon itself so it reverts back after the battle. Also the Mega has to be the same dex number as the base pokemon and you can not change the hp stat.
I think it said this in Touched's thread.

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
The game restarts at the warning screen during the first battle if the Remove DNS and/or Remove Mega Evo patches are applied.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I just checked in mGBA, and the Remove DNS patch doesn't seem to be actually removing all the code.
It is not visible with VBA-M, but with mGBA the DNS still seems to be there.
Clean ROM with only Leons Ultimate Rom Base.ips and Remove Day and Night.ips applied.

Sadly, I wasn't able to confirm the crash that Trev's getting. Battles work fine on my end, even if I apply the Remove Mega Evolution.ips patch.

Years
I just checked in mGBA, and the Remove DNS patch doesn't seem to be actually removing all the code.
It is not visible with VBA-M, but with mGBA the DNS still seems to be there.

Sadly, I wasn't able to confirm the crash that Trev's getting. Battles work fine on my end, even if I apply the Remove Mega Evolution.ips patch.

@Lunos did you apply just the mega evolution patch or also the DNS patch at the same time? I also do not get the error by applying just one of the two patches.
However, I tried it with a clean base with both these removal patches applied and I can confirm that I got the same return-to-warning-screen problem in the first rival battle that Trev got.

Actually, the problem wasn't really consistent lol. I tried it with different starters and the returning to the warning screen happened with Bulbasaur, but when I picked Squirtle the battle and game just froze instead.

Another thing on the side related to this, in the base im currently messing around with I have only the DNS removal applied but I also had a return to the warning screen happen.
However, this happened while I was trying some multichoicebox stuff in a script with JPAN's engine even though Leon said it's not compatible (can't stop me from trying).
So I just figured it was because of that, since when I removed that from the script and made it simpler the script just worked like expected.

Ironically, that script was for a rival battle with trainerbattle 0x9.
I read in the XSE Scripting in 2017 tutorial from Avara that trainerbattle 0x9 is supposed to display Oak's tutorial by default, but that didn't happen. It was just a 'regular' battle while I never manually hex editted the tutorial away
(thanks for saving me work Leon).
Maybe the base or the patches do something weird to trainerbattle 0x9? Just guessing purely by experiences.

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
@Lunos did you apply just the mega evolution patch or also the DNS patch at the same time? I also do not get the error by applying just one of the two patches.
However, I tried it with a clean base with both these removal patches applied and I can confirm that I got the same return-to-warning-screen problem in the first rival battle that Trev got.

As I said, Leons Ultimate Rom Base.ips and Remove Day and Night.ips were the only 2 patches I was using at first. Then I ran the ROM to see if I was able to confirm the freezing-in-battle issue, but I wasn't able to.
Then I applied Remove Mega Evolution.ips, checked again but nothing, the game is still working perfectly fine in both, VBA-M and mGBA.

The video which I recorded to show the issue with the DNS Removal Patch only has Leons Ultimate Rom Base.ips and Remove Day and Night.ips though.

Now, what I personally checked was wild battles, not the first rival battle.
I'm gonna do some tests again and will edit this post with the results.

EDIT: Alright, I'm done. I really wasn't able to trigger this freeze you guys are talking about :/ ...
VBA-M SVN r877
Leons Ultimate Rom Base.ips: The first rival battle is working correctly.
Leons Ultimate Rom Base.ips+Remove Day and Night.ips: The first rival battle is working correctly.
Leons Ultimate Rom Base.ips+Remove Day and Night.ips+Remove Mega Evolution.ips: The first rival battle is working correctly.

mGBA v0.7-5171 (latest nightly)
Leons Ultimate Rom Base.ips: The first rival battle is working correctly.
Leons Ultimate Rom Base.ips+Remove Day and Night.ips: The first rival battle is working correctly.
Leons Ultimate Rom Base.ips+Remove Day and Night.ips+Remove Mega Evolution.ips: The first rival battle is working correctly.
m_GBA.png

EDIT2: Jfc, I never noticed how washed out the colors were in VBA-M compared to mGBA, just like at that textbox and the font o_o ...

Last edited:

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
Hey man, I took a sneak peek with PGE to see the changes to the Pokemons, and I noticed something weird: Hitmonchan seems to have turned into Bulbasaur somehow. Sprite and movepool are ok, but PGE (and G3T too) says it has the very same stats, ability, egg group and gender ratio as Bulbasaur :| Sorry for nitpicking.

It seems that the process of transferring over files through PGE created that mistake (its prone to bugs at times...). This will be fixed next release

Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen Oct 30, 2019
Thank you for that ROM Base! It's wonderful. I appreciate the work you've put into it. Currently i do a regular "modern" playthrough. However there are also some bugs to report.

1. Your starting map looks a bit destroyed. Dosnt matter, just is ugly.
2. All pokemon have the trainer id 00000. This makes them not obey after the first badge.

bluhacks263

"My first hack I'm making, a remake of Yellow on F
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 19, 2021
Thanks for the base and fixing the bugs in MrDS's base. Also thanks for some of the QoL things put in. :)

megahaosguy

Populi Dux
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
Any idea why I black screen when I view my pokemon's summary if I play this base on my o3DS via virtual console injection? I do not experience this issue when playing the exact same ROM used for injection on vba-m.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 18, 2019
@PSI
Hello, I was testing your great base but I had a problem of spaces so I wanted to eliminate the mega evolution to compile it again but when patching it with the patch "Remove mega evolution" and my pokemon uses a movement the game crashes thanks in advance if I read this message

megahaosguy

Populi Dux
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
I've discovered the source of my previous issue--the BW selection screen causes you to black screen whenever you try to leave it. Using the removal patch fixes the issue. Based on this, I'd assume that the BW selection screen is also broken on a regular GBA with a flashcart as the 3DS has the hardware to run GBA games, so I'd look into that issue.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
How would one go about editing megas on this patch? I want to make changes to the base stats/sprites/whatever of the existing megas, and I want to add my own as well.

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
I've discovered the source of my previous issue--the BW selection screen causes you to black screen whenever you try to leave it. Using the removal patch fixes the issue. Based on this, I'd assume that the BW selection screen is also broken on a regular GBA with a flashcart as the 3DS has the hardware to run GBA games, so I'd look into that issue.

Yes it appears the ASM used within that patch was made with Visual Boy Advance in mind, and as a result crashes on no$gba, mGBA, flashcarts and 3DS emulation. I will update the OP shortly with these warnings, but I do not feel the need to remove the feature as the removal patch already exists.

How would one go about editing megas on this patch? I want to make changes to the base stats/sprites/whatever of the existing megas, and I want to add my own as well.

Use PGE to expand the maximum amount of pokemon you want (ensure the megas do not have a dex entry expanded with them either), then manually insert them. I'd recommend using G3T for stats and such, as it is much faster in my opinion.

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
The OP has been updated to reflect updated removal patches, as it has come to my attention that some appear to undo each other as well.
Additionally, there is now a folder dedicated to offsets regarding ASM, and what bytes to change in order to undo my changes, enabling further customization.

In All Other Offsets Used.txt, there exists a new organization to better track where sprites, descriptions, etc. are. There is data present on the sheet that is not in the current release, those are for V3, and will not change, so do not occupy any space after 0xF00000.

Last edited:
Back