• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Dual-Type Legendary

Who is the best legendary duo pokemon of all?

• Total voters

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Hello PC! Anyway, I was wondering just about legendary pokemon the other day and I was like, which duo type is the best of them all, thus is how this thread began.

So now here we are. Now from all of the duo type legendary pokemon that exists, which pokemon will it be? Will it be Dialga with his Steel Dragon type? Will it be Zekrom, who's black color is deadlier of the rest? It's up to you, but go on anyway!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I... don't understand your poll and question really. Legendary duo? That usually means a couple of legendary pokémon, such as Dialka and Palkia or Ho-oh and Lugia. But you list three or four or one pokémon in your poll. Do you mean dual typed legendaries or O.o

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
I... don't understand your poll and question really. Legendary duo? That usually means a couple of legendary pokémon, such as Dialka and Palkia or Ho-oh and Lugia. But you list three or four or one pokémon in your poll. Do you mean dual typed legendaries or O.o

Yeah. I meant dual typed legendary pokemon, and sorry for the confusion.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Pretty much any bird legendary is an automatic dual fav. They usually are elegant yet strong looking and it gives them that legendary feel. I feel like you could pair flying with just about anything and it's going to be badass looking and interesting in story. Except for the Kami trio because that was a royal fail on all parts.

My favorite dual type legendary has to be Zygarde though. I really don't like legendaries, but this one caught my eye and I find that surprising since it's a recent one too. It's so bizarre looking that I'm drawn to it. Because of how bizarre it is I had to read up about it to fully understand what it was and I have to say I find what it's based upon and its back story to be very interesting. It definitely changed my view on not only itself but also Yveltal and Xerneas.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
You might wanna change the thread title to something like "Best dual-typed Legendaries".

But the Tao Dragons are best dual typed legendaries. Their typings are fairly unique and good. Dragon/Fire with Turboblaze is resisted by almost nothing, while Dragon/Electric gives Zekrom resistance to Flying (and birdspam is a popular thing these days) and can easily sweep aside Water types that commonly carry Ice attacks (and bulky Water types are often a pain in the ass, plus Zekrom is phyiscally based, unlike most Electric types). Dragon/Ice gives Kyurem unfortunate Rock and Fighting weaknesses, but not having to always resort to Dragon attacks against other Dragons is nice, and Ice is a really useful offensive type as well.

Years
You might wanna change the thread title to something like "Best dual-typed Legendaries".
Did that to help avoid any further confusion. Hope you don't mind, Logical Cabbage!

Anyway, I'm going to go with Rayquaza as my vote. It might not necessarily be the best, but it is my favorite of the group (and my favorite legendary overall, actually), so I couldn't go against it. An honorable mention goes to Articuno too, but since it got clumped together with the other two legendary birds, I didn't actually vote for it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
One of my personal favorites is Zapdos, and I suppose will always be. Considering that it's dual-type, it might have more weaknesses, but its general bulkiness makes up for it, as well as its heavy offenses. Not only that, but it's also got a variety of moves available in its arsenal which it could use to take advantage of its overall stats. Few that comes to mind are Thunderbolt, Roost, Heat Wave, and U-Turn.

As for second, I would say Celebi. It looks super adorable to me, which is one, major reason as to why I like it. It reminds me of fairies a lot, too, but too bad that it's not categorized as such; would have made decent sense if it were. Like above, it's also super helpful when it comes to competitive things.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Pretty awesome how even this poll is. Nothing with more than 1. I went with Rayquaza and very nearly went for Yveltal instead. Cool to see Keldeo has zero votes too :D

Years
Moltres for me :)

It's my favourite Legendary altogether though so perhaps this isn't surprising lol :) Fire and Flying are two of my favourite types as well which makes it a great bonus, not to mention Moltres also has access to two of my favourite moves in Sky Attack and Solarbeam (which when paired with Sunny Day makes it pretty good to defend against Water types) :)

Back