• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tile Insertion For AdvanceMap For Dummies

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Is the provided version of THA working for anyone else? Mine keeps outputting my palettes incorrectly and I'm unable to use the .dib files it provides, and I'm not really sure why or how to fix it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 29, 2017
Might be a stupid question but I don't know how i can add multiple buildings to my tileset. So i can add a building to my tileset in paint no problem but I don't have enough room to add another. Am I overlooking something here?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 29, 2017
Might be a stupid question but I don't know how i can add multiple buildings to my tileset. So i can add a building to my tileset in paint no problem but I don't have enough room to add another. Am I overlooking something here?

Can anyone help with this?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 29, 2017
As in there's no room left in the exported 128x192 sheet?

Yes, I can only add one bulding because they take a lot of space in the exported 128x192 sheet. Yet, i see people have multiple differentbuildings in their map. Thx for replying.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
Followed all the steps but I'm confused about the step where you talk about Show Palette Editor. Also when I finish I get a dialog box for tileset picture and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2019
Hi, I was just wondering. It this may sound dumb but, let's say I want to use a whole new tileset and color palette to the trees, grass, flowers. Pretty much everything outside. What do you suggest I do? I am a bit confused because tutorials always show what to do for 1 or 2 things. Not a whole tileset.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Hi, I was just wondering. It this may sound dumb but, let's say I want to use a whole new tileset and color palette to the trees, grass, flowers. Pretty much everything outside. What do you suggest I do? I am a bit confused because tutorials always show what to do for 1 or 2 things. Not a whole tileset.

So what I usually do is I like to find all the tiles I want to use for a tileset. Then I'll separate them into groups. So since you can use Palettes 6-12 for new Tileset 1 tilesets, that gives you 7 palettes to work with. So I'll separate them into similar colors (i.e. I'll group a tree I want in with a bush from a different image and maybe a green car or something). Then go into irfanView and reduce the color to 16 colors, including the transparency color. Then just insert it via the tutorial. If you used this palette and inserted it as Pal6, then you just change it to Pal7 and load the new palette for a different color (i.e. your red color group) and then save the Tileset image and then copy over your new graphics.

Does that help at all?

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Years
I got a question.
What if I wanna change each and every tile in the rom (replace the existing tiles).
So can i put new tiles in tileset 1?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 17, 2021
OK, so I'm having trouble importing my tileset. Every time I import it, It's always a solid color. what am I doing wrong?

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
I'm having trouble trying to load the tileset back into Advanced-Map. The water looks fine in paint, but when I load it into my tileset, it's just one single blue color. Could anyone explain what I'm doing wrong?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 17, 2020
I followed everything in the tutorial but when I load the tileset and apply the palette, the building just shows as a silhouette of the building. I am quite confused as I have followed this tutorial before and it has worked, I have also tried other tiles as well but I haven't managed to insert them either as they do the same thing as I just mentioned.

Back