• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proof that the "Ash's coma" theory is false

Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Jun 21, 2018
In case you don't know what the Ash's coma theory is, it is a fan theory that when Ash gets struck by Pikachu's thunderbolt in Episode 2 of the Pokemon Anime, he falls into a coma. He gets taken to a hospital and placed on meds, and as a result, his terrifying coma dreams become more pleasant dreams about his fantasies... travelling around the Pokemon world... making new friends... achieving his dreams...

Hold on, this theory doesn't make sense. You know why, before Ash gets electrocuted, he is constantly bragging about his dreams to win the Pokemon league, catching all 151 Pokemon. After he gets electrocuted, look at him. He only has 71 out of 802 Pokemon. He has never won any of the main Pokemon leagues. If these fantasies come true in his coma dreams, why doesn't Ash win the Pokemon League? Why doesn't he catch 'em all?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
It's not true, but I think it makes the whole series actually pretty fascinating and it explains why everything is so static, from structure, characters, etc, and why it's basically on an infinite loop.

I'd prefer it if it was, but, nah, it's just a simple eternal anime for babies. Simple as that.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
People still talk about this coma theory thing? Man, that's such old news, it was never true to begin with.

The Pokemon anime is just timeless honestly...

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
I have a better theory: Ash is an alien. I mean he probably doesn't age or have a dad because he comes from a different planet and has a different life cycle. Also explains why he is dumb and weird looking.

Back