• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
Hi there. Thanks a lot for this hack, it's amazing. I only want to know one thing: Is possible to change pokemon sprites to original fire red? I really don't like how, for example, charmander and charizard looks like retards...
Anyway still the best hack! Thanks

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I hope you can add these moves into the resource, i wish the resource will more colorful and popular.
Spoiler:
This base is no longer in development, it's been dead for a long time now and MrDollSteak himself recommends to avoid it.
EdBlYu0.png

Hi there. Thanks a lot for this hack, it's amazing. I only want to know one thing: Is possible to change pokemon sprites to original fire red? I really don't like how, for example, charmander and charizard looks like retards...
Anyway still the best hack! Thanks
First time I read "In HG/SS, Charmander and Charizard looks like retards".
In any case, Export all the sprites from the Vanilla FireRed with Advanced Series and Import them in your patched ROM.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2020
If you go to the Move Resource thread you'll see my Growth effect. Basically it uses the Effect Byte 13 but changes the battle script to branch to various other boosting moves. There's a mistake with Growth in the current build where it does +2 without sun, when its supposed to be +1, but I've since fixed that.

Anyone have the fix for Growth in this?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 13, 2018
I found an oversight in your rom base for the remake of my unfinished Rom-Hack (Pokemon Chromatic)
It's just Awakening capped while viewing the blackboard of Viridian School.
If you want to know more about the rom hack ,wait for September 1st.

Last edited:

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
Years
Where, exactly?
EDIT: I Think that my ini is fine, just MRDS, I Changed into [0000].
Yes, the INI is what causes this issue, replace it with the one provided along with the patch.

OK, I am at a loss

one says the Ini is fine, the other says its what causes the issue

at any rate, I patched the game, placed the Ini that comes with the patch into the tools folder (removed the original ini into a different folder outside the tools)
regardless, I have never ever been able to use G3HS and PGE with this patch
(currently having the same issue as wurmple)

what the Dusk Stone is the problem, cause I cannot do anything this way...

Last edited:

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
Years
have this idea that no one is even looking into this anymore

if so, I figured out something while looking at the ini's of the tools and and all
the reason its seems not to work is cause the data of the number of moves/ abilities are not repointed

fun fact however, I cant find anyway to figure out how to find the new pointers in order to set this data up correctly
could be very simple but without a proper guide, I cannot do hex editing so...

FOUND THE SOLUTION
someone please pin this for future events somehow
the OP said the ID is MrDS
BUT
in the hex its still the original BPRE
which in a way is fine but it does not work with the changes

SO!!!
use a hex editor to change the FIREBPRE into FIREMrDS

reopen G3HS
at the notice click NO so that it will make a new ini set for this rombase

DONE
all abilities and attacks are now working

off course for other tools in mind you either have to reset the ID into BPRE or check those ini's to set up the same data somehow (like change the BPRE in those ini's into MrDS)
but hey, if you want it to work, then this is the best bet I think

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 10, 2023
I am using this base for my hack, I can not edit POKEDEX in the PGE program, how can I solve this?

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Oct 28, 2018
Hello, anyone got life orb and rockey helmet implementation for this rombase?

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2018
Hey everyone I patched a clean rom but the patch made it so that all pokemon caught have a 00000 id and secret id, how can I fix this?

Last edited:

YoY-X

bootycable
Years

bluhacks263

"My first hack I'm making, a remake of Yellow on F
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 19, 2021
When I open up my rom in PGE it shows a error message even though the hex tells me that it's BRPE. I replaced the ini but it still shows the error.

Edit: Nevermind I used another version of PGE and it worked, but why does every Pokemon I catch get boosted exp with the ID No. of all 0s.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
When I open the patched rom on G3T there aren´t the gen 4, 5 or 6 pokemon, there are buged pokemon like "Á" (there are random letters,numbers and simbols) (gen 1-3 are okay) and if I open the rom in PGE (2016 version, the version that have the .ini gived by Gamer2020) I can only use the options that are not related with the pokemon, like MT/MO, attack editor or ability editor. if I try to open the "pokemon editor" there says something like "exception not controlled by the application" (I have spanish windows 7, I used google translate for that), and the app is frozen, the only thing I can do is close PGE.
I think the problem is with the new pokemon(s), if someone has the offsets of the new pokemon, can you give it to me? to erase any data in thoose offsets and try to open PGE...
Thanks
T

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 9, 2022
The hastebin links to the offsets have been erased. Perhaps someone could share their contents or repost a new link? Thanks.

Kartik12345

Kartik
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 3, 2022
I am using this patch as well as ikarus lost property graphics patch ......... if I use only your patch it work in PGE with replaced ini but not in advance map if I use both patches then it works in advance map but not in PGE plz help

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 9, 2022
Here's a small little fix for those who use this rombase.

This fixes the Elemental Hyper Beams move tutor's dialogue when it recognizes a Pokémon that can learn them as the move name is said based on what is put into [buffer2]. special2 LASTRESULT 0x1A3 is called to do this, but its routine tries to read the vanilla FireRed's move name table.

This makes it so it reads from the repointed move name table and properly says the move's name instead of being blank.

Code:
.thumb
.align

.equ move_names, 0x8901800 

.org 0x0CCC28, 0xFF       @comment out if using vanilla move table
.long move_names+0x112A   @comment out if using vanilla move table

.org 0x0CCC50, 0xFF		  @comment out if using vanilla move table
.long move_names+0xF97	  @comment out if using vanilla move table

.org 0x0CCC84, 0xFF		  @comment out if using vanilla move table
.long move_names+0xFA4	  @comment out if using vanilla move table

Compiled:
Code:
Insert at 0x0CCC28: 2A 29 90 08
Insert at 0x0CCC50: 97 27 90 08
Insert at 0x0CCC84: A4 27 90 08

If you want more functionality to add compatibility for all final starter evolutions and/or make this tutor infinitely useable along with this fix, check out: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9895144&postcount=1390

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 30, 2022
Can someone send me a patch that is already set to BPRE
G3HS does not work on my computer and the same goes with every hex editor it seems :/

Back