• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokémon X & Y Music!

Favorite battle song?

• Total voters

Mumzy

Pokemon Raiser
Years
I often take my time in the gates, I just love hearing that music!!
Looking really forward to the new cries, I never liked that some pokémon had the same cry, but I guess it couldn't be helped then.
I don't think it's fair that Pikachu gets a new cry and the others haven't yet. Pikachu even says it's name just like in the anime! Which I like.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
I often take my time in the gates, I just love hearing that music!!

I don't think it's fair that Pikachu gets a new cry and the others haven't yet. Pikachu even says it's name just like in the anime! Which I like.

I believe this is the first time in any pokemon game that some form of language was spoken? (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
i really like the musics in this game especially the Team Flare battle theme.

Cebreus

Anime Figure Collector~♪
Years
The music for Pokemon X & Y is simply brilliant, my personal favourites are the Legendary Battle theme, the theme for Mewtwo & the Legendary Birds (love the remix!) and the Gym + the Elite Four theme :)

They have outdone themselves once again in the music department!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
The Pokemon X and Y soundtrack was released worldwide today on iTunes, in case anyone browsing this thread was unaware of the news.. :) I'm ecstatic that the album has finally been released; I hope to purchase it and the other Pokemon game music albums someday. :) It's interesting to see what the English titles for the songs are now, since this is the first time that we get English titles for Pokemon main series music (excluding the remixed stuff that made it into Super Smash Bros. Brawl). I'm glad that a lot of the battle themes use the "Battle! _____" format rather than the "______ Battle!" format that SSB Brawl used (then again, I'm guessing that different localizers than the Brawl ones might've worked on the XY album).

Minor thoughts:
* The strange capitalization conventions just bugs me so much. >_> I mean, "Gts"? "Pr video"? Really? It's like the translator didn't even bother to capitalize abbreviations properly; it's jarring because it seems like almost everything else that doesn't use an abbreviation is capitalized correctly. It's really glaring with the "Pr video" tracks; there's like 30+ songs related to that feature alone!

* I think some of the titles overuse the parantheses a bit (as in, you could have easily used "Battle! Trainer" rather than "Battle! (Trainer Battle)", not even speaking of the Department of Redundancy Department issue that that specific English phrasing brings up), particularly with the Origins remixes of RBY remixes, where they have to use square brackets ("[]") alongside parentheses ("()"), such as in "Battle! (Trainer Battle) [Pokémon Origins Version]"...

* The parentheses could have been used to better effect...from a glance, multiple sets of two tracks share the same name, such as "Battle! (Trainer Battle)" (there's the Kalos version, and then there's the Kanto version from RBY)... It seems that they are only differentiated by track number (#21 and #207, respectively), which could get confusing when you're looking through the album, and that's not mentioning the Origins remix of RBY's Trainer battle theme (which at least have brackets to help distinguish it).
** I can only wonder what will happen with the English name of songs of the 2014 album releases (concentrating on pre-XY albums except RBY and GSC), each of which have their own "Trainer battle themes":
(the FRLG Kanto one, the HGSS Johto one, the HGSS Kanto one, the Hoenn one, the Sinnoh one, the BW Unova one, the B2W2 Unova one, all of which need to be distinguished with the Kalos one and "the Origins remix of the RBY 'Trainer battle theme' that is featured on the Kalos-based CD". That's nine tracks!)

**Something inspired from the B2W2 album naming scheme (which used regions to differentiate music tracks, since the PWT of B2W2 caused music tracks from 5 different regions to be within one game), such as:
"Battle! Trainer (Kanto; Pokémon Red/Blue Version)"
"Battle! Trainer (Kanto;
Pokémon Origins Version)"
"Battle! Trainer (Kalos)"

...could at least help to distinguish everything properly, in my opinion. :/

Also, just realized that the "RBY Gym Leader battle theme" track isn't a bonus track on the XY CD, and it's the only RBY battle theme that's left out. Dudes and dudettes, you can't just exclude the best (one of the best?) battle theme that RBY has to offer from the XY CD's bonus tracks like that. I mean, really? XD I can't tell if it had an Origins remix (but why wouldn't it?; it's awesome, memorable, and Red fights Brock at one point!), but if it didn't that *might* be a reason why, since all the other RBY bonus tracks have their own corresponding Origins remixes...

Last edited:

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
Years
The music in X and Y sounds pretty cool to me. It's pretty hard to get used to it because I've played White 2 for a long while and I'm just used to the music there. But I'll get used to it.

My favorite has to be the Gym Leader Theme. It just sounds nice. :D

Years
$9.99 for over 200 tracks is a steal. I'm definitely nabbing the soundtrack as soon as I can! Very happy camper right now!

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
I'd rate the music in this generation as good. There were some stand-out tracks (Laverre City and Route 16 omgggg), but there were other parts where I felt like the music was underwhelming. I'd rate the music as being the second best in the series overall, after the music from DPPt.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
The music this gen was very good to me, I also enjoyed last Gens music, you can tell that they put in the effort on X and Y music and I really have enjoyed it. Route 16 is good

austin00081

young money
Years
Favorite battle songs?

So, we all know that the wi-fi battles are awesome, and they make the game. But what I find the most exciting is the selections of battle songs you can choose from. This makes the game seem more fun. Maybe they will add different stages to the next game's wifi battles, but who knows?
The question and topic is, "what is your favorite song to battle to?"

My personal favorite is the Kanto battle theme! I just love good remixes of classic battle songs.

James

Make it double!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
If the Mewtwo battle song had been on there i would have choose that one.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Honestly they're stranding away from the originals. It's more like repetitive and more towards noise, away from what we originally went for. It's more like.. party/dubstep now in certain songs. The wild battle and the trainer battle ARE like the originals, so no problem there.

Somma

The PokéGambler
Years
Omg! I love them all! Mostly Team Flare Grunt music, it's too darn catchy and rave-able. Champion + Elite 4 music was amazing too, and the Legendary ones~ <3

大輔

Adventurer
Years
Don't you mean Kalos Champion Theme btw? The Elite Four and Champion themes were SO PERFECT. The composition and sequencing fit the mood so well. When I battled Diantha I felt like I was on air in heaven or something, and the elite four music got me pumped up. :P

Years
Loved Professor Sycamore's Theme, Bicycle theme and Rival Encounter theme.. Sadly they're all not listed on the poll.

Back