• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon CAWPS. COMPLETED!

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD, PLEASE READ THIS POST(or at least read the bugs section)

Happy 2016, people!

Hello great people of Pokecommunity. I am Crizzle aka Chris Rose, the creator of the sort of successful hack Pokemon Outlaw(thousands have played, thousands more have watched it get played by Poketubers). And I've got another one for you guys.

A couple of months ago, I said that I had discontinued Pokemon CAWPS. That was a lie. I managed to finish it, though it totally sucks.

Introduction

Pokemon CAWPS is different than my previous hack, Pokemon Outlaw(appropriately called FireRed for adults). If you haven't played Pokemon Outlaw, you should check it out(not for small children though).
This the story of a young man or young woman who becomes a Police Officer in the Hoenn region.
Like in Outlaw with Kanto, this isn't the same Hoenn you experienced in Pokemon R/S/E. People of this Hoenn are a bit more realistic(by that I mean insane). I'll try not to be as awful as I was at times in Outlaw(I REALLY crossed some lines that I shouldn't have to make the game a bit darker) but it'll sort of be the same style, though really toned down. If you didn't like Outlaw, you probably will not like this game. I'd also like to apologize in advance

WARNING: Like Outlaw, this game would probably get at least a T(if not an M or worse) in the ESRB rating system. Also, there's a lot of violence, death and stuff described/depicted in this game. If you're uncomfortable with it that, than this game probably isn't for you.

Features-
Nothing fancy really...
- You kind of get two starter Pokemon. (one of them you choose, the other just given to you.)
- "Funny" dialogue(or really offensive, you know the drill if you've played Outlaw). Though honestly it isn't the same as Outlaw. I've chilled out a bit.
- Grinding Cave(a cave created for grinding levels, really important at the end of game)
- No Gym Challenge or Pokemon League( tired of the same ol formula, I'm mixing it up).
- You get to be a freaking cop, that's awesome! (I think I got the idea from the horribly hilarious movie 'Let's be cops' or maybe from Rush Hour, i dunno). It means you to do all kinds of cop stuff.
- Option for female main character- not really a feature but it's a accomplishment for me. I'm usually too lazy to include a female option. I realized that a decent amount of girls go on these boards(some of you are hot, call me I'm single), so I should stop being a woman-hating pig. just patting myself on the back. As a result, the "story" tries to be gender neutral.
-Trade evos are by moon stones. And Eevee evolves into Umbreon with Moon Stone and Espeon in Sun stone. Also you can buy stones at lilycove dept store, which you couldn't do in pokemon emerald. Not really a feature but whatever.
-Also not really a feature, but I made the move Rock smash stronger. It's always bothered me why rock smash has always been so weak. So, I made it a decent move in this game.

What's NOT gonna be the game
-Anything after Gen III. You KNOW how I roll, I kick it old school. Blast from the friggin past. Besides 386(?) pokemon is A LOT. No need to spend time putting 700, when most of the best ones are in the 1st 386(my opinion)
- Fishing. Fishing is hate. Fishing is death.
-A postgame. It's just my personality. Once I finish the main "story", I'm just not motivated to make postgame content. If I ever hack again, I'll do the postgame first.

Screenshotz

screenshot5_zpsbudobxyh.png
screenshot1_zps4hphrt22.png
screenshot2_zpsjhlty6iq.png
screenshot8_zps7nqag9nm.png

screensht12_zpsktwbljlp.png
screenshot4_zpsqop0ys5n.png
screensht8_zpslrddovv0.png
screenshot3_zpsgzkyt2os.png

screensht6_zpstgkv8etc.png
screensht9_zpsl3id8rdq.png
screenshot10_zpssh1runwt.png
screensht11_zpslauajl2w.png

(I know there's a very minor tile error in one the screenshots. I don't care. I won't fix it. It would take 2 seconds to fix, but I still won't fix it. UPDATE: Still haven't fixed it.)

Bugs
If you spot any bugs, please let me know. There are a few bugs that I know that are in the game but all them are fairly minor. If you spot any major bugs, again, let me know.
Also, there are probably some typos. This was a one man job. I'm bound to make some mistakes typing so many words.

Not really fixed:
1)Dewford island boat not appearing(at all!) glitch. This glitch seems to occur with those who patch with Pokemon Emerald(U) ROMS(or not). If this glitch occurs to you, please let me know and give me details, because I've never ran into this glitch when testing the game myself.
2) Lannette gives out heart scales forever. FREE HEART SCALES YALLZ!
3) In very beginning of game, if you don't step forward when initially entering the first building but step back to leave. You are free to roam the world without a Pokemon. I don't intend on fixing it, as the vast majority of players will take that step forward instinctively.
4) At some point, someone will tell you May is in Fallarbor but she's actually in Verdanturf. It's not worth the effort of fixing because most players won't encounter this person.
5)
Spoiler:

Fixed(just make sure your patch is up to date):
1)Lady that gives sooth bell in fan club. After she gives soothe bell, she'll walk off the screen. It's not that big of a deal(has no real effect on anything) but I'm updating the patch to fix this issue on 1/7/2016 at 12:06 PM ET.
2)Glitch relating to losing to final boss. I've updated the patch to fix this one on 1/7/2016 at 5:16 PM ET.
3)Dewford island boat disapearing after you white out glitch. I've fixed it, so that the boat won't disappear while you don't have surf/fly. So I pretty much fixed that issue. If you white out in Dewford(losing to Brawly or Brendan or their goons), the boat will not disappear. This fix was made on 1/9/2016 at 12:51 PM ET.

Banners:
Banner:
For those of you who care, Here's a banner that you can use to show support made by Corazon(previously known as Caramel-O):
3279728350_1_2_sSRKHhRp.png

Here's another one by PankajBlitz:
K5J8vtU.jpg

Awards:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What a joke!

Why should you play
1) Pokemon Outlaw was the best hack of all time. This more or less fact. (Suck it Pokemon Gaia!)
2) (Ignore this if you're a girl). This morning your mother/sister/girlfriend(which ever is least offensive) was making me pancakes in bed after a wild night and she noticed that I was working on this ROM hack on my laptop and she instantly declared the greatest thing in all of existence. If you do not take interest in it, she'll stab you in your sleep. Let's not invoke her wrath, amirite?
3) Because Crizzle completes his hacks. He cares. Other hackers don't.(not a serious attack on anyone, just a joke). It doesn't matter how good or bad Crizzle is at hacking. Crizzle cares, play his hacks.

Downloads
This time, I'll make two downloads. You can use the mediafire one or you can one in the attachments. They're both the same thing. It's an IPS patch. Just use Lunar IPS and a clean Pokemon Emerald(UE) ROM( gosh golly where to find that?). Should be simple(but it won't be)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lukk5hnnu9zjr1h/Pokemon+CAWPS.zip IPS patch.
IMPORTANT: Try to patch with a Pokemon Emerald(UE) ROM and not a Pokemon Emerald(U) ROM. There have been a couple of reports of glitches with the (U) ROM.(But also a guy who said the (U) ROM worked fine, so hey. I have no clue)

UPDATE: I've updated the patch as of 12:51 PM ET on 1/9/2016 to fix some glitches. None of them were game-breaking glitches. But you can still use the new updated patches and still keep your game-progress as long you still have the .sav file(which would have the same name as the .gba file)

Final note:
Thanks to everyone who bothers to care to read this thread and even more thanks to anyone who bothers to play this hack! You guys are great! That said, it's okay if you want to get brutally honest. If you feel like I warrant some personal insults or vile verbal abuse, go for it.

Shout out to joycewu33, she's awesome! Check out her fanfiction writing.

Attachments

• Pokemon CAWPS.ips
    263.3 KB · Views: 3,914
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 12, 2023
I will play your hack anytime man

I think i will enjoy this just like i do with outlaw

Seriously i wont mind if its even funnier or crazier than outlaw :))

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 5, 2017
wow this hack is actually completed now...AWESOME!!!

Can't wait to give it a playthrough later!!! keep up the Great Work :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 15, 2016
Great hack so far, but I found a game-breaking bug that won't let me get off Dewford Island. I've beaten Brawly without taking the bribe, and beat the escaping criminals. The boat that takes you to Slateport City is completely invisible, besides the clicking noise when you press on the spot it normally is. I've tried talking to all the NPCS on the island, but they won't help. I'm playing this on a DS emulator.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 23, 2016
Could someone pm me or just post the game patched?because I am a noob,I tried to patch it but I failed every damn time....
Pretty please guys

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 6, 2016
Can someone give me an already patched rom with the game? I can't patch on my android phone.. I really want to play this game..

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Great hack so far, but I found a game-breaking bug that won't let me get off Dewford Island. I've beaten Brawly without taking the bribe, and beat the escaping criminals. The boat that takes you to Slateport City is completely invisible, besides the clicking noise when you press on the spot it normally is. I've tried talking to all the NPCS on the island, but they won't help. I'm playing this on a DS emulator.

Thanks for playing the hack. And thanks for reporting this bug.

As for your problem, I've checked through the hack and determined that this couldn't possibly have happened. So my guess is that the Emerald ROM that you patched wasn't completely clean(unused), which does lead to these kinds of glitches(such as a flag being set when it isn't supposed to be).

My other theory is that maybe my hack isn't compatible with a DS emulator.

Is anyone else gotten this far in the game and is experiencing the same problem?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 15, 2016
Thanks for playing the hack. And thanks for reporting this bug.

As for your problem, I've checked through the hack and determined that this couldn't possibly have happened. So my guess is that the Emerald ROM that you patched wasn't completely clean(unused), which does lead to these kinds of glitches(such as a flag being set when it isn't supposed to be).

My other theory is that maybe my hack isn't compatible with a DS emulator.

Is anyone else gotten this far in the game and is experiencing the same problem?

I tried putting the rom and save game into VBA-M, but the boat was still gone. I used a clean Pokémon Emerald (U) rom, and Lunar IPS to patch. No checksum error when patching was generated.

The DS emulator I used works well with other romhacks like Glazed, and Expert Emerald.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Hey Crizzle, great hack so far. I found one small bug though, titles don't appear when you enter a new area. Is this intentional?

I didn't notice have this error when I tested this. That said, it's not really a big deal. No point in worrying about it.

I tried putting the rom and save game into VBA-M, but the boat was still gone. I used a clean Pokémon Emerald (U) rom, and Lunar IPS to patch. No checksum error when patching was generated.

The DS emulator I used works well with other romhacks like Glazed, and Expert Emerald.

2 things.
1)If you use the save game file, then of course the error would persist. You'd have to start a new.
2)But more importantly the problem may be in the type of Emerald rom you used. You said that you used Pokémon Emerald (U) rom, I made the patch using a Pokemon Emerald(UE) ROM. That difference may be the issue, as I've just finished testing this myself and found no such issue.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 15, 2016
2 things.
1)If you use the save game file, then of course the error would persist. You'd have to start a new.
2)But more importantly the problem may be in the type of Emerald rom you used. You said that you used Pokémon Emerald (U) rom, I made the patch using a Pokemon Emerald(UE) ROM. That difference may be the issue, as I've just finished testing this myself and found no such issue.

I started a new save file on VBA-M, and the boat came. I took the bribe this time instead. Everything is working fine now. I think the DS emulator might of messed up a flag.

Hakon

Long Time Lurker
Years
You're one of my favourite hackers lol. You're up there with the creators of Red Chapters and Glazed. I'm so relieved there are people like you, that make these hacks so they aren't like an ordinary game, its something special. They're the thing I've been looking for over all these years, a game that actually feels much more realistic and relatable than any other real/hacked Pokemon game out there. Outlaw was amazing (though extremely hard to finish) and I'm only just starting to play this game now and I'm already loving it. Please don't stop making these games, they're amazing. I'm thinking of making a more realistic game myself, if you're interested in hearing the premise PM me bro. Never stop hacking. Real talk, your games are life lol.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Pokemon CAWPS is filmed on location with the men and women of law enforcement
all suspects are inno-HE'S SENDING OUT A POKEMON KILL HIM WITH FIRE!!!

Bad boyz bad boyz watcha gonna do? watcha gonna do when dey come for you?
nobody naw give ya no break police man give ya no break. no naw soldia man give ya
no break not even a growlithe naw give ya no break. hey hey.

:D

I love this hack

Hakon

Long Time Lurker
Years
I'm building a kickass team thats in need of a good Crobat/Arcanine/Alakazam/Gyarados/Salamence/Nidoking

Where do I get a Zubat, Bagon and Nidoran(male)?

Oh, and is there a closer place to get a fire stone than the dept store?

Last edited:
Back