• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
8219-Mega-Magcargo.png

idk how to feel

Magcargo becoming useful?

I'd say excited!

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Lame. Magcargo's design is ruined. Hotter than sun Magcargo should just get better stats

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Hi all!

Started looking at a old hack and interested to share for alpha testing. It's a remake of kanto and features new maps and storylines. Currently will only take you till Rock tunnel and may feature other new regions as well. Do let me know if interested. Thanks!

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
>Daily Chit Chat

Thanks to all those who spent countless hours in the dark figuring out the inner workings of each Pokemon ROM and creating tools to make life for others easier. I wouldn't have had the chance to even attempt to work on a ROM had it not been for the tool creators and those who spent many hours assisting new members overcome bugs and find new knowledge.

Thanks to gogojjtech, karatekid, shinyquagsire, daniils, bela, tcoppy, danny, meowth, dhogan, Mr. Mako, and Nex for all having personal relations with me that helped keep me going throughout the years. 2014 was a great year here.

It's time gang. Thanks for a wonderful five years! Time to dedicate all the free time to my wife and two children. :]

Years
@Le pug even as someone who hardly ventures into the fangame forum, I will miss you. <3 Good luck and may the time spent with your family be full of bliss!

I'm thinking of replaying the classic ROM hacks which got me into PC to relive my nostalgia days lol. So another journey through Shiny Gold, Liquid Crystal, Brown, and Prism. And maybe even Flora Sky because I spent soso much time on that haha.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
>Daily Chit Chat

Thanks to all those who spent countless hours in the dark figuring out the inner workings of each Pokemon ROM and creating tools to make life for others easier. I wouldn't have had the chance to even attempt to work on a ROM had it not been for the tool creators and those who spent many hours assisting new members overcome bugs and find new knowledge.

Thanks to gogojjtech, karatekid, shinyquagsire, daniils, bela, tcoppy, danny, meowth, dhogan, Mr. Mako, and Nex for all having personal relations with me that helped keep me going throughout the years. 2014 was a great year here.

It's time gang. Thanks for a wonderful five years! Time to dedicate all the free time to my wife and two children. :]
Sad to see you go. Your humor is top-notch

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Not entirely sure if this is the right place for it but; Recently it's come out that Nintendo are suing a Husband and Wife $12 million for running a ROM site, Going forward, with the risk of Nintendo law suits, how will this affect rom hacking?

Years
I've got this idea for a hack: it's a new adventure at Kanto, 4 years before the events of R/B/Y/FR/LG. The maps feature differences, and the story is completely new. The protagonists are Misty and Brock, who are still kids now. You start at a different city rather than Pallet, and the way you move through Kanto is different. I'm not sure yet if Team Rocket will be the main enemies, but the encounters with them will be different. For example, you don't kick them from Game Corner basement nor Silph Co. building, cause Red will do it four years later, but you may kick them from some secret base somewhere else.

This are the general ideas. But I have a problem. Well, two: I don't have much free time, and I'll have to learn basically everything about rom hacking. This is what's keeping me from going on with this. If somebody offer help, or even gets excited and wants to work together, maybe I can launch this project. I'd also appreciate criticism on the ideas.

Back