• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Ethereal Gates

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Fernling, The Hatchling Pokemon (Grass/Flying)

Votes: 829 41.2%
  • Kittorch, The Kitten Pokemon (Fire)

Votes: 814 40.4%
  • Bubull, The Hippo Pokemon (Water)

Votes: 370 18.4%

• Total voters

PerihelionProductions

Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years

JUNE 22nd Update!
pp_logo_by_siraquakip-d8tc7kd.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GAMEPLAY TRAILER!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you!!

PerihelionProductions

Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years

JUNE 23rd Update!

So yesterday was the release of our trailer! And in that trailer you may have spotted some fakemon that you haven't seen before! Here are some close-ups of those fakemon and some more information about each one!

SOME MORE FAKEMON!!

030___hunber_by_siraquakip-d8yggw4.png

#030 Hunber
The Honey Bear Pokemon
Normal Type

Height: 2'0"
Weight: 20.8 lbs

Guts - Boosts Attack if there is a status problem.
Honey Gather - The Pokemon may gather Honey from somewhere.
(Hidden) Pickup - The Pokemon may pick up items.

121___barcush_by_siraquakip-d8ygi24.png

#121 Barcush
The Hermit Crab Pokemon
Water Type

Height: 0′09"
Weight: 5.5 lbs

Shell Armor - The Pokemon is protected against critical hits.
Water Veil - Prevents Pokemon from getting a burn.
(Hidden) Pressure - The Pokemon raises the foe's PP usage.

07___zuzumi_by_siraquakip-d8ygijs.png

#86 Zuzumi
The Static Pokemon
Electric Type

Height: 1′03"
Weight: 12.9 lbs

Cheek Pouch - Restores HP as well when the Pokémon eats a Berry.
Static - Contact with the Pokémon may cause paralysis.
(Hidden) Lightningrod - The Pokémon draws in all Electric-type moves.

Thank you!!

Last edited:
Years
Possibly the best looking Pokemon fangame I've seen yet. I really like how it keeps the same feel as legitimate Pokemon games - none of the edginess of some other games.

If there's one critique, I really don't like the long grass tiles. They look more like little bushes. I know there are similar tiles in BW, but these ones are just particularly bushy. I'd like to see something a little more... cohesive, I suppose? I dunno. Maybe a little more square than round.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Everything looks promising, the screenshot, the battle system, the music. :) I personally suggest to add at 100 more new Pokémon to ensure the diversity of the available Pokémon. The flaw of the regional dexes from the main games is the lack of diversity, think RSE's lack of Ice type and the original Sinnoh games' lack of Fire-types!

B2W2 and XY don't face this problem with their respective dexes as they have a lot of Pokémon, old and new ones altogether. The only 'flaw' that I personally found is that they included old Pokémon in order to diversify the Pokédex. To sum up, introduce at least a total of 300 new different species!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2016
This game looks really nice ^^ Can't wait to actually play it. ^^
You did a great job, well for what I can see :D

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Man, this has really took off when i had seen this before, the soundtracks and fakemons are amazing and the concept of them looks pretty much cool for a fakemon. The Graphics are the best i have seen yet, looking forward to the 3D-Cutscene!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 12, 2015
Okay, I'm new to the ROM thing. Does this run on your computer or on an emulator? If so, which one?

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
^ you may be disappointed--we won't be revealing the starters' evolutions until a bit after we release the demo! People will get to find out real-time what the evolutions of their starters look like!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 22, 2016
^ you may be disappointed--we won't be revealing the starters until a bit after we release the demo! People will get to find out real-time what the evolutions of their starters look like!

Ahh fair enough I am leaning towards bubull. At first I really didn't like its design but it grew on me like oshawott and goomy did. Once again great job on the game cant wait.

PerihelionProductions

Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years

A NEW POKéMON!
Introducing Moston, the Stone Golem Pokémon!
CJbjYh3WwAEDgSW.png:large

Also, here are the shiny Pokémon starters! Which is your favorite?
CJbvxn5WIAAjXQP.png:large

Also, check out this interview with @SacredFireNegro!

THANK YOU!

Back