• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Virion

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
Virion_Heading.png

widget_introduction.png

This game acts as a third act in the Pokémon Colosseum/XD sub-series of games. This project idea is a complete reimagining of an old project of mine that kinda died a little while back using RPG Maker VX Ace. I've now decided I want to bring it back using Pokémon Essentials 16 using Luka's Elite Battle. Credit for the idea goes to PhantomBima.

widget_plot.png

A stranger plot is afoot in the Fodna Region. The criminal syndicate Cipher has re-emerged after 9 years of inactivity. This time, they've got a new trick up their sleeve, a weaponized version of Pokérus, which transforms any infected Pokémon into Shadow Pokémon. In addition, Cipher is seeking out the mysterious Order Fragments, shards of a strange cube connected to the Pokémon Zygarde.
You're job as the player is to set out and explore the Fodna Region capturing Shadow Pokémon from Cipher members as well as helping find the 8 Order Fragments.

widget_screenshot.png

Protaganists:
Spoiler:

Cipher Admins:
Spoiler:

widget_game_mechanics.png

Shadow Pokémon: Shadow Pokémon are Pokémon that have had the door to their hearts closed by artificial means. This once used to be only possible in Cipher's sinister labs, but now can happen anywhere due to Cipher's new little virus. To purify a Shadow Pokémon, the player must battle with and carry a Pokémon on hand intil it is ready to purified. Once that point is ready, a Shadow Pokémon can either be purified via the Purify Chamber or at the Lake of Purity.
Poké Pager: The Poké Pager acts as the replacement for HMs in the Fodna Region. It allows the player to page Special Help Pokémon to help clear obtacles in his/her way.
Birthsigns: Pokémon now have special Birthsigned based on which month is was born in. Each birthsign grants special benefits to the Pokémon.
Pokémon Following: Pokémon can now follow the player around like they did in Heart Gold and Soul Silver. The following Pokémon can find items for the player as they travel around the Fodna Region.

widget_screenshot.png

Note: Some screenshots may be outdated.
Spoiler:

widget_recruitment.png

I need the following:
  • Spriter to make UI Elements for the Game
  • Person capable of creating Gen 5 Overworld and Trainer Sprites
  • Someone able to compile overworld sprites of all the Generation 6 and 7 Pokémon
  • Eventers to help me create NPCs
  • Possibly a scripter who is more familiar with the Essentials Engine than I am

widget_download.png

Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Crystal Noel

Years
Update:
I've put a fair bit of work into this project. Not enough to where I can get some screenshots yet, but enough to say that this project is likely going to happen. As of right now, I've added all of the Gen VII items, moves, abilities and Pokémon to the game, although not all effects are working. I will continue to work on the game and will post screenshots when they are ready. To really move forward, I could use your help. You can help by filling out the survey at the top of the main post.

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
I do happen to have this Gen V tileset that I put together not that long ago. It doesn't contain all seasons, but you can find those on your own and/or mess around with the colors and add some snow/leaves/other seasonal decoration.

Credits go to UltimoSpriter of DeviantArt. Credits to me would be nice, since I did spend a lot of time working on it, but that's not required.

As for Gen VI Pokemon sprites in Gen V style, I think that the Smogon XY Sprite Project did a pretty good job of making them. You should give that a shot.

Crystal Noel

Years
I do happen to have this Gen V tileset that I put together not that long ago. It doesn't contain all seasons, but you can find those on your own and/or mess around with the colors and add some snow/leaves/other seasonal decoration.

Credits go to UltimoSpriter of DeviantArt. Credits to me would be nice, since I did spend a lot of time working on it, but that's not required.

As for Gen VI Pokemon sprites in Gen V style, I think that the Smogon XY Sprite Project did a pretty good job of making them. You should give that a shot.

Thanks. I already have a basic seasonal tileset from Klien's kit. I really just needed more buildings than just the ones in Nuvema and Accumula Town. This'll do nicely. I'll see about everything else. I think I have sufficient inside tiles, my only hesitation is can I make a good looking base for Cipher, although their base in Colosseum wasn't all that menacing.

Crystal Noel

Years
I've got a fair amount of new stuff. The project is still fairly early, but I now have some screenshots to share, so her you go. Also if you still haven't filled out my little survey, please do so. It'll greatly help this project in its progress. You can find it here.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Crystal Noel

Years
We've got a major update here. One of my survey respondents by the name of PhatomBima reached out to me and laid out his suggestion. Due to how well detailed it was, I decided to go with it. I'm not going to put all the details here as they are now in the main post, but we have finalized more or less everything. I will take the survey responses about the legendaries to determine some details, but some legendaries will be fixed to their new positions as laid out in the idea. I hope to have new updates coming soon. I just finished Final Fantasy XV yesterday, so I really haven't put too much effort into this project.

Crystal Noel

Years
I've done a lot of work on the project, which includes a roughly 45 minutes to an hour of gameplay as of right now. In addition, I've taken a lot of screenshots. As you might notice, I've switched some elements up and redone a ton of the menus and reduced the game to a single screen. Without futher ado, here you go:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 13, 2022
I've done a lot of work on the project, which includes a roughly 45 minutes to an hour of gameplay as of right now. In addition, I've taken a lot of screenshots. As you might notice, I've switched some elements up and redone a ton of the menus and reduced the game to a single screen. Without futher ado, here you go:
Spoiler:

This game looks cool! Can't wait for more progress to come out.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
This game looks great and I'll definitely be looking forward to play the DEMO.

Years
This game looks great and I'll definitely be looking forward to play the DEMO.

So do I, but it won't come soon though, at least from my side. Currently we are still working on tiles for the game. If you want the development to speed up and the game to be more polished, we are always open for any help~

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
So do I, but it won't come soon though, at least from my side. Currently we are still working on tiles for the game. If you want the development to speed up and the game to be more polished, we are always open for any help~
Only time I've actually did anything with programming and spriting is already 7-8 years ago.
Anyway, I'm very patient so I can keep waiting for the demo while occasionally checking this thread.

Crystal Noel

Years
So progress has been a lot slower than I anticipated, mostly due to the fact that we can't seem to find tiles that work well with the game so we're currently having to rip new tiles for the game. If anyone would like to help out feel free to either PM me on this forum or add me on Discord.

Crystal Noel

Years
Okay, it's been a little while and progress has slowed to a halt at the moment. As of right now, I am working on refining the game's aesthetics, namely the menus. As of right now, I am discontented with the pause menu I threw together and am looking for a new one to replace it with. I'm perfectly capable of coding it myself the issue is that I need assets for the game. If you are an artist who would like to contribute or you have assets that you can provide me, it'd be much appreciated.

Years
Okay, it's been a little while and progress has slowed to a halt at the moment. As of right now, I am working on refining the game's aesthetics, namely the menus. As of right now, I am discontented with the pause menu I threw together and am looking for a new one to replace it with. I'm perfectly capable of coding it myself the issue is that I need assets for the game. If you are an artist who would like to contribute or you have assets that you can provide me, it'd be much appreciated.

Working on the aesthetics is important. Hope you find an artist!

Crystal Noel

Years
I just wanted to give a quick progress update, nothing big, just some general comments to let you know what's been going on. As of right now, the game is doing better. I have someone working on maps and a tileset that I am fully satisfied with (the next update will have all the screenshots from that, I'm waiting for more maps at the moment). In addition, mechanic wise, I have decided to work on adding 2 new features, one of which is tentative at the moment. The one that is 100% confirmed working in the game now, are Z-Moves! The only issue that they have right now is that I don't have a graphic for the button to activate them. So if someone wants to modify the Mega Evolution button from the Elite Battle System that'd be fantastic, just PM if you're interested. The other major mechanic is I am currently entertaining the possibility of having Pokémon follow you around like they did in HGSS, the only issue with that at the moment is that the generation 6 and 7 Pokémon don't have sprites at the moment (they're out there, they're just not in a form where I can use them). So if someone is able to compile those sprites for me, I am all for putting this mechanic in the game.

Years
I just wanted to give a quick progress update, nothing big, just some general comments to let you know what's been going on. As of right now, the game is doing better. I have someone working on maps and a tileset that I am fully satisfied with (the next update will have all the screenshots from that, I'm waiting for more maps at the moment). In addition, mechanic wise, I have decided to work on adding 2 new features, one of which is tentative at the moment. The one that is 100% confirmed working in the game now, are Z-Moves! The only issue that they have right now is that I don't have a graphic for the button to activate them. So if someone wants to modify the Mega Evolution button from the Elite Battle System that'd be fantastic, just PM if you're interested. The other major mechanic is I am currently entertaining the possibility of having Pokémon follow you around like they did in HGSS, the only issue with that at the moment is that the generation 6 and 7 Pokémon don't have sprites at the moment (they're out there, they're just not in a form where I can use them). So if someone is able to compile those sprites for me, I am all for putting this mechanic in the game.

The addition of Z-Moves is great news. It'd be cool to have follower Pokemon, but it might be more trouble than it's worth due to the Gen 6-7 Pokemon.

Crystal Noel

Years
I've just released the first demo, it contains about an hour of gameplay. This took so long since I had to redo a lot of the elements of the game. I hope you enjoy it! If you catch any bugs and/or typos please mention it here so I can keep a list going.

Back