• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon RetroBlue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
Ohh its ok. And i ask you this are you any good with RM2K3? or RMXP... PM with your answer.Have a question to ask you.

I posted a new screen shot using newer graphics.

and here i have a picture. I just want to know what i did wrong.My character moves twoo instead of the event Please halp me, i can't program whatsoever.
Programming.png

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
Years
Ah thats simple :D right where you've put the move event, you didn't change the event you wanted to move from the Hero, as you can see it says Move event: Hero, Move right, Move right

when in the move event option thingy change the hero bit to this event !
and it'll work good luck :P

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
How did i not pick up on that. Also when i did it the guy always says taht i have a pokemon,when i don't. I have never tried stuff liek this. Like iahve a guys from shras-project.net helping with the CBS but i can't follow the dirctions. It is too **** hard. I cna't program wither.
I'll try and post the directions to get youir guys' help also.

Ok her are the directions he gave me to start
ok. Well for making a batle system like this, you'll need to know alot about witches, variables, and conditional branches ( as yo uguys can see from my ealier post i can't)
APokemon battle system is easy since its a 1 vs 1 ( I want to try and make it 2 vs 2 some times ),but there is a catch to it. In Pokemon games there are hundreads of characters you an have. For each charcat you can have 10 variables. AMking it alot of varaibles for your games. You will also need a PC system, which i will help you with also. (but as you guys can see it is hard for me to even begin this stuff)

First you are going to want graphics. (which i already have)

Make 17 variables, or 18 if you want your pokemon to haold an item in battle.
Name the Variables Like this
PKM ID, Set to 1
PKM LEVEL, Set to 1
PKM HP MAX, set to 20
PKM HP CURRENT, set to 20
PKM ATTACK, Set to 1
PKM DEFENSE, set to 1
PKM MAGIC ATTACK, set to 1
PKM MAGIC DEFENSE, set to 1
PKM MOVE 1, Don't worry about any of the following
PKM MOVE 2
PKM MOVE 3
PKM MOVE 4
PKM PP 1
PKM PP 2
PKM PP 3
PKM PP 4
PKM CONDITION
PKM ITEM
(i don't even know how to set variables, picture 1 is how i set the variables uptell me if it is right)

Before we can effectively battel, we need to displa your pokemon, This is going to be the really long but really easy part.
Make a parrallel process event. Make another two vairables name them PKM X and PKM Y. se t them bot to 100.(here is the second pictrue and where i stopped because i feared i was messing up)

Make a conditional branch, select PKM ID, and select the number 1

In that conditional branch, display a picture. Selest display by varibles instead of by numbers, for the x selct PKM X, and for the y select PKM Y. Display a picture of charmande (this was jsut an example). Set the picture number to 20.

Make another branch, this time set it so taht it forks if PKM ID is equal to 2. Display another picture, this time being that of Charmelion.

Continue this for all the poekmon. Use the default numbers ,ones in the Pokedex, to make it easier.

After all branches/forks turn them off using a switch.
Now since i gcna't program this was very hard. And i fear that i am screwing up. I put them in common event but was not sur if i should. Can you guys that have vreated a CBS with RM2K3 help?

The guy that wrote this said it would be easier in XP but since i am limited on my comp i can't install it. But i can recieve the program if it has already been installed on another comp. That is what i did for RM2K3. So if any of you are willing to do that it would be appreciated. :).
I ahve pictures but not onthis comp i have to switch and then i will upload them.

Last edited:

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
Years
Well i'm working on a CBS now, you can see a screen in my sig, but i wouldn't suggest trying to complete a CBS if you no next to nothing on programing cos it makes life really hard on yourself, maybe you should use a DBS for now? and try to learn more coding...

Just a suggestion :P

Good luck anywayz

Waudby

Yes instead of rushin into the cbs learn more, then go into trial and improvement at least it wudnt be a stab in the dark then u wud no wats goin on!

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
well i posted the instructions i got... so maybe yo guys can help me allittle. I also posted some of the pictures of how i put it in to see if i was right. So i just want you guys to look at it.

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
Years
BTW you double posted :P

But yeah them instructions are right so far its just how you put umm down, and "it's easier in RMXP" well i don't think so ! as rmxp can't handle as many events as rpg2k3 can ! but then again in rmxp you can script it all...

right so where exactly do u need help with these instructions?

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
hmm.. i thouht i did.My computer lagged so i geuss it was sent twoce.

I was just wondering if you look at the pictures.. which my comp lagged so they didn't get to load.. that i have an see if i put the stuff in right. If your read al the italics taht is me talking.

Ok here are the pictures that i was talking about. Can you see if i set it up right. Refer up a couple of posts to see what i am talking about. I am not sure if i shoudl have made a coommon event of this but hey here it goes.

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
Years
Well i wouldn't set all those varibles in a common event anyway ...
because they will vary for each po0kemon, there set when there caught, and ummmmmmmmm, when you start the game and choose your pokrmon you'd set um for that one pokemon.

as for the setting up of the varibles... they looked right he didn't say anything about a conditional branch from what i read through...

as for continuing on, on the pokemon display event after you set the pkmn x pkmn y put a condition branch if pkmn Id is equal to 1, in that branch add the picture of the pokemions back view....

"After all branches/forks turn them off using a switch."

Well i don't see why you need this .....
Plusd your guna need variables for the enn pokemon 2 ....

thats all i can be bothered to help you with, for now....

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
hmmm.... well he did say put it in a coditional branch. Do you mean that i will have to set up the the variables in an event like when i am choosing my pokemon? And do this for every time that i catch a pokemon? And this was only for the back sprite. After i do this he will get me with the enemy.

Last edited:

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
Years
yeah but not for all the attack and all that, that sets the hp and everything thats guna be used by the pokemon, seriouisly, i don't suggest you try to continue with a CBS, its a hefty task which will take knowledge of what your doing.....

Why don't you ask the guy thats helping you if your doing it right, as i set my CBS up differently, as there are so many ways of doing it .....

Well i wish you the besst of luck

EDIT: about the pokemon catching and the start yes all the attack varibles an that have to be done, they will be different obviously, and when you make a pokemon pc you need to store each pokemons attack, def , e.t.c....

Last edited:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
doea anyone want to help make this game with me? I can't do it all by myself. I don't have the skills and the time.. i can create maps it is just programming is my prblem.

I have an idea.. but i want you guys to check it out first and see if i should do this instead of a CBS. But it would include a CMS i guess making it a CBS.

For right now i am going to just make maps.

Ok here is my idea. I am just gonna make it so that you have overworld pokemon..like icons or somethind. You choose the attacks. and can switch/retreat and such.

It was based off of how you see the two kids fighitng in Gold/Silver.. when you have to go talk to the one guy to get the egg. I think his name was Mr.Pokemon. But anyway .. do you think that would be a cool idea.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
Avatar, are you talking about what i wrote or did domeone else write something? This is my game thread

Years
coreystranick said:
Avatar, are you talking about what i wrote or did domeone else write something? This is my game thread
Don't worry about it, wrong thread. Post has been deleted.

Also, don't count on many people offering to program for you. Maybe once you get more progress done on the game.

Last edited:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
yeah i figures that much. For now i am trying to map out my region. Which is definatley coeing out to be bad. Mapping is hardder than i thought.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
Can a mod close this i am not getting much help from people and i have scrapped this game. I will start a new thread on the new game i am making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back