• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Hi guys, new member just recently got back into pokemon.

Hoping I can learn some stuff on here and contribute.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021

Hey there guy! Nice to meet you, hope you enjoy your stay here in PC, VM me if you need someone to talk to.

Years

Hi Scotash, and welcome to PC!

Why not make an introduction thread right here in this very Welcome Lounge so you can get a proper welcome from fellow members here. We may be big and intimidating at first but we have several people who can help you if you have any questions. I do hope you enjoy your time here and if you ever need something feel free to message me or a staff member like Cirno.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Hello!
I'm a bit despondent right now, anyone else? :c

Why is that? I hope it's not because you're not making friends here. You can talk to me if you like. :)

Anyway welcome. Getting to know people is one way to make friends here so please tell me about yourself! You brought you? And what got you into Pokemon? What else beside Pokemon do you like? Just curious.

Hope you enjoy it here and be happy.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
Hello!
I'm a bit despondent right now, anyone else? :c

Yes, a bit. I'm worried this place mainly caters towards Pokemon modding (hacking). My questions in this thread are still left unanswered, so that also was a downer. :( I suppose I may just not fit in here since I only play vanilla Pokemon games. >_<

Last edited:
Years
Yes, a bit. I'm worried this place mainly caters towards Pokemon modding (hacking). My questions in this thread are still left unanswered, so that also was a downer. :( I suppose I may just not fit in here since I only play vanilla Pokemon games. >_<

That actually isn't true at all. While a chunk of new members come here for hacking, most of our active memberbase doesn't have interest in it. PC is a lot more of a Pokemon community than a hacking community - I can promise you that. :3 Emulation just happens to be one of the bigger sections here, but our other boards are also very active and get tons of posts a day. I don't have interest in hacks much anymore either and haven't for probably four years now. Really, don't worry about it! As for threads not getting responded to, it might just be that no one has an answer. :( Unfortunately that happens from time to time.. not just here, but on every forum!

What questions do you have? Since PC is big people might miss 'em. I'd love to chat with you and answer anything you might be confused about. :D

pLaster

musketeer
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2016
@Tetrakeet: Don't worry, I'm a vanilla type too. I never got into hacks. I guess I just like playing on my actual DS too much... *stubborn*

Why is that? I hope it's not because you're not making friends here. You can talk to me if you like. :)

Anyway welcome. Getting to know people is one way to make friends here so please tell me about yourself! You brought you? And what got you into Pokemon? What else beside Pokemon do you like? Just curious.

Hope you enjoy it here and be happy.

Ah, no, it was irl stuff, haha.
Hello!

I stumbled here somehow via Google. (´・ω・`)

I think my brother introduced me to Pokemon games when I was little; I botched a Crystal file about as bad as a second grader can mess up. And of course back in those days they had the Pokemon movies in theaters and all the merchandise (I still have a Pokemon apron floating around -- a Pokemon apron!!) so I guess it was pretty easy to get exposed to it...

Aside from Pokemon I really like a bunch of stuff... I'm into indie games and horror and literature, mostly... and I write music! So that's what keeps me busy.

How about you?
*secretly follows your tumblr*

Last edited:

Treecko

Years
@Tetrakeet: Don't worry, I'm a vanilla type too. I never got into hacks. I guess I just like playing on my actual DS too much... *stubborn*

Ah, no, it was irl stuff, haha.
Hello!

I stumbled here somehow via Google. (´・ω・`)

I think my brother introduced me to Pokemon games when I was little; I botched a Crystal file about as bad as a second grader can mess up. And of course back in those days they had the Pokemon movies in theaters and all the merchandise (I still have a Pokemon apron floating around -- a Pokemon apron!!) so I guess it was pretty easy to get exposed to it...

Aside from Pokemon I really like a bunch of stuff... I'm into indie games and horror and literature, mostly... and I write music! So that's what keeps me busy.

How about you?
*secretly follows your tumblr*

Ah ok, that's good to hear. :)

As for me, I got into Pokemon at an early age too. If I remember right, I was 6 when I first watched the anime back in 1998/99 and that's what got me started into the world of Pokemon. I would watch new episodes every Saturday and reruns every weekday after school. Then a few years later in 2000 I got my first Pokemon game, Pokemon Red. I love the games so much and have been playing them ever since. You botching a file on Cyrstal reminds me of what happened when borrowed a copy of my friends Crystal. I basically somehow cause a glitch were the day was always Wednesday and the time was 12:37am. XD As for non-Pokemon stuff, I'm into anime, art and music, specifically a lot of alternative and indie rock music.

You're into writing music I see. Well in the section General Entertainment , there a thread called The Creative Media Showcase and there you can show off and music you wrote. I happen to notice you're into video games too so you should check out the Video Game section. And you like literature as well, we have a place for that to it's Fan Fiction and Writing. A good place for literature fans as yourself , you can showoff your own stories and discuss about other people's stories there too. You should definitely explore those places if you haven't already and even more if you want.

Also thanks for following me on tumblr. :D See you around.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years

Ahh! I am exactly the same way! I tried ONE hack before myself, it was called Touhoumon. It just felt strange and I couldn't get into the game. Maybe I'm just too picky.. ^ ^;

That actually isn't true at all. While a chunk of new members come here for hacking, most of our active memberbase doesn't have interest in it. PC is a lot more of a Pokemon community than a hacking community - I can promise you that. :3 Emulation just happens to be one of the bigger sections here, but our other boards are also very active and get tons of posts a day. I don't have interest in hacks much anymore either and haven't for probably four years now. Really, don't worry about it! As for threads not getting responded to, it might just be that no one has an answer.
3.%20frown.gif
Unfortunately that happens from time to time.. not just here, but on every forum!

What questions do you have? Since PC is big people might miss 'em. I'd love to chat with you and answer anything you might be confused about. :D

Well, thank you for responding. I do try to respond to as many threads as I can if I am able. To be honest I have a lot of interest in the Online Game section but it seems to be really inactive. That's not the sole reason though. Like I put in my profile, I am on the shy/careful/quiet side so I want to make sure I do things correctly to fit in with the forum.

At my last forum I got along fine with people, but it was really inactive and most of them left so sadly I had to move on too. I was hoping to find a new start here because I miss the forum life. I've never been a part of a forum this large though, where new members are pouring in every minute. It's really amazing at how large this place is, but it's also very intimidating as to how to fit in correctly. ^ ^; I also am big on contributing to forums. I wonder, what is a good way to contribute here?

Thanks again for responding. ^_^

pLaster

musketeer
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2016
@AW I have visited the fanfiction section already but I'll be sure to put the others on my list! :3

@Tetra Same. I played at least two, Touhoumon being one of them. Couldn't get into either, and I love Touhou! @~@

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
hi, im relatively new. im just exploring the community and thought that this would be a good place to make my first post. so....hi!:)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Your avatar is so ADORABLE. I JUST WANNA HUG IT.

Welcome to the forums, mad4mareeps! Mareep must be your favorite Pokemon! Hope you enjoy it around here and don't hesitate to ask any questions, alrighty!

Treecko

Years
hi, im relatively new. im just exploring the community and thought that this would be a good place to make my first post. so....hi!:)

Hello there md4mareeps! Welcome to the forums.

Mareep is a cool Pokemon cause it evolves into one of my favorite Electric types. Ampharos! I remember training one for the first time in Gold version and remember how good I felt after it. It's a really good Pokemon overall and it's totally worth training imo. I've used Ampharos in both my HeartGold and Black 2 teams and I haven't been disappointed with it. What other Pokemon do you like? Personally my favorite Pokemon is Treecko. I just think it's a really cool Pokemon and it's really fast. The fastest of all the starter Pokemon so far. Plus it evolves into Sceptile which is also a really cool Pokemon and Leaf Blade is an awesome move. I'm sure you like more than Pokemon right? I love anime and drawing myself.

Well hope you enjoy it here and have fun posting. Stay around and get to know people and make good friends. Don't be shy to ask any questions to any moderator in bold blue. See ya!

Years
And a big welcome from me too, mad4mareeps!

I have to say, Mareep is one of my fave Electric-types cos it's so cute! I used one in my SoulSilver team and she managed to help me catch Suicune, and Mareep's evolution line remain fan favorites today. I do hope you enjoy everything PC has to offer and if you ever need help, feel free to ask me or a moderator and we'd be glad to point you in the right direction!

AvocadoChris22

An fresh Avocado!
Years
Hi my name is Kristoffer or call me Chris!
Im 22 year old and living in Sweden and been a Pokémon Fan since the first generation.
Pokémon is childhood game and still play it to this day.
I found this website at google because i searching for a community.
Im here to ev-train my pokemon but need to find some that have a weak pokemon with a pokerus.
That's why im here.

Years
Hi my name is Kristoffer or call me Chris!
Im 22 year old and living in Sweden and been a Pokémon Fan since the first generation.
Pokémon is childhood game and still play it to this day.
I found this website at google because i searching for a community.
Im here to ev-train my pokemon but need to find some that have a weak pokemon with a pokerus.
That's why im here.

Hello Chris, welcome to the world of Pokemon, uh I mean PokeCommunity.

You're from Sweden? It's a pretty beautiful country from what I heard, it produced a lot of well-known names in music, cars and even furniture we all know today. And yeah we all love Pokemon, I may not have played all the games but I was a general fan since the early days. I never played the first two generations, or even FireRed & LeafGreen, but I did play all other main series games so far. Have you heard about Pokemon X & Y? The games are gonna be pretty awesome from what we know.

Seeing as you mentioned EV training, I'm assuming you're a competitive battler? You might want to check out our Battle Center section where you can talk all about competitive battling and even post your teams to get rated by other members who have good knowledge in what movesets/items/abilities to use. We also have a Pokemon Showdown server that you can battle fellow PC members on, and such a shame you missed Community Day a few days ago, but I do hope you can take part in the next one when it's announced.

Remember to always read the rules, they are there for a reason. Also, if you have questions feel free to ask a moderator (like Cirno, who mods this very section) and they will be happy to give you a helping hand with any questions you have. Have fun and I'll be seeing ya around the forums!

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
This place has more animated gif in their signature area that I've ever seen. O_O I even made one myself just to try to fit in more. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back