• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: ???? Let's Grow Together ????- DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
🌱 Let's Grow Together 🌱- DCC

◦ Art & Design Daily Chit Chat ◦

Welcome to the Daily Chit Chat!

The other was was a bit dated, so here's a new one!
In this area we can talk about.

Discuss other artist and their work! Your inspirations, your work ethic, how are you feeling about your art right now?

In-progress work. Art school is where you need to go for in-depth critique, but if you just want some quick thoughts about something.

Small requests can be made here! If you want something specific, just make an individual thread for it.​

Have fun!

Years
D'aw, I like the new name!

Oh, I guess for a discussion thing; is there anyone (on pc or outside) that has become a new inspo for your work recently?
Spoiler:

I'm really linking the artist Flaptraps/Richard Anderson just for the cool strokes, textures, and shapes. I wanna practice that more, aha. But yeah, anyone or an art style really sparked your interest?​

Years
D'aw, I like the new name!

Oh, I guess for a discussion thing; is there anyone (on pc or outside) that has become a new inspo for your work recently?
Spoiler:

I'm really linking the artist Flaptraps/Richard Anderson just for the cool strokes, textures, and shapes. I wanna practice that more, aha. But yeah, anyone or an art style really sparked your interest?​

Haha, I mean it's probably obvious to tell because it's the artist of my signature, but Louie Zong was a recentish find. I really like his work because it's very different than the normal "style" I see I guess. I first saw his game grumps animated work, but it's more recent that I've kept up with him as an artist. He does lots of really cute mini gifs that I love. It's sort of a cross-roads of animation with an illustrative style and I really enjoy them.

[hd]TqN0cB-bAJ4[/hd]

tumblr_ob48xfyiqJ1r85hlio1_540.gif

tumblr_oacev4SSO91r85hlio2_540.gif

tumblr_o8wkfxFZbF1r85hlio1_r1_540.gif

tumblr_o89p4oNcJs1r85hlio1_540.gif

Small Announcement!

The Weekly Pixel Art Challenge is back! I started it a little early, so you'll have until the Monday after next to get it finished. : >

Years
I don't know if i can draw birds? is this whole thing supposed to be pokemon related? anyway, ima' draw meh some chickens, mmkay?

anyone know how to upload stuff from paint.net? heheh?

I moved this thread over to the DCC as it's not really enough group discussion for a thread and you haven't made art for a gallery.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I'm lacking motivation to do any tags or try anything lately. Time has become something I don't know how to use :(

How do you guys muster up some long-needed motivation to really get back into the swing of things after a long down period?

Years
I'm lacking motivation to do any tags or try anything lately. Time has become something I don't know how to use :(

How do you guys muster up some long-needed motivation to really get back into the swing of things after a long down period?

I know it sucks, but if you just sit down and start, usually I can get to it. Like I'll have all the things ready, have the program open, and just sit there for hours waiting for myself to start. But as soon as I force myself to start moving things around, even if it looks bad or I work on something different to get started, I start going and going.

Make sure if you keep old thumbnails or written ideas, to go through all of those again. If you don't keep those, you should! There's nothing like coming back to an idea you've already got some traction on.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Bless this new DCC <33

Lately I've been attempting to reconcile my love of monster hunter and drawing hot babes and questioning whether or not that makes me furry trash. It's very disconcerning imo.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Bless this new DCC <33

Lately I've been attempting to reconcile my love of monster hunter and drawing hot babes and questioning whether or not that makes me furry trash. It's very disconcerning imo.

Well it only makes you furry trash if these hot babes aren't human and are humanoid animals instead XD

In other news hai Jo :3

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
It's less "humanoid animals" and more "dragons with boobs".
god it's true then isn't it im a furry wHAT HAPPENED

Why did none of you tell me beforehand?

& hey babe 8)

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
Years
Found and touched up a couple of old sprites, along with my new-ish Mega Rayquaza. Tail on MRay looks a bit shit, so I might fix that.

Spoiler:

Kind of sad people were calling them bad on imgur, but reddit was a lot more kind to me. Oh well!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I don't see why people would be talking bad about those sprites, they look pretty good to me. Yes, there's stuff you can do to clean them up and improve them, but I think they're pretty successful attempts! You've got a few transition colors you don't need in those sprites and the colors are a little under-saturated, but that's really not the end of the world. They're pretty cool!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 26, 2019
My recent drawing. I am not good at coloring :P
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
gorgeous artwork as always, dude! only thing is the background's a bit too... soft? just looks a bit too blurry. otherwise, fantastic.

Gonna post a couple of my imgur album links, mainly because the images are way too big for this site.

http://imgur.com/gallery/kPOt5

http://imgur.com/gallery/Y7ILp

they're some revamps/devamps I did a few weeks back.
Ohhh, loving the revamps. I'd say the devamps are pretty good too, but I love the colors and shading of revamps. I'm a bit bias aha but lemme hop to a bit of critiquing!
I think most of your revamps were actually well done! I think you were able to really give an extra "oomf" with the shading you've done. The only few I'm iffy on is Houndoom. Where the neck is connecting to the body; the shading makes it look very flat compared to the rest of the body. Also, beyond the shading, I think the snout was edited? It's a little too sharp and skinny to be a canine's snout. Otherwise, I like most of them!

Now to the devamps. Off the bat; Jirachi I think could've been done differently to be more successful like your Groudon. Groudon for sure is the strongest piece out of the bunch! With the palette and the amount of dithering shading with the black you did, it's readable and well made. Jirachi is readable! Don't get me wrong, but I think the amount of black is a bit harsh especially with the dithering shading on the arm and a bit of the head piece. I think with more white lighting on the head piece, you could play around with shading and building form with the yellow color. The blue I think would be awesome for shading the body because the body is alright a light value. The blue would be less harsh and give the blue more purpose!

Rayquaza is pretty well done! I'd say the only thing is the tail that's more behind Rayquaza should probably be shaded more in black to show depth. Also I think you would be able to read the arm more clearly. Other than that, I gotta say Kyogre, Deoxys, and Groudon look really awesome!

I hope it helps - I think you're doing fantastic work, yo! I liked your previous post with the Mega Rayquaza and Primal Groundon and Kyogre! Keep at it! c:​

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
Years

Ohhh, loving the revamps. I'd say the devamps are pretty good too, but I love the colors and shading of revamps. I'm a bit bias aha but lemme hop to a bit of critiquing!
I think most of your revamps were actually well done! I think you were able to really give an extra "oomf" with the shading you've done. The only few I'm iffy on is Houndoom. Where the neck is connecting to the body; the shading makes it look very flat compared to the rest of the body. Also, beyond the shading, I think the snout was edited? It's a little too sharp and skinny to be a canine's snout. Otherwise, I like most of them!

Now to the devamps. Off the bat; Jirachi I think could've been done differently to be more successful like your Groudon. Groudon for sure is the strongest piece out of the bunch! With the palette and the amount of dithering shading with the black you did, it's readable and well made. Jirachi is readable! Don't get me wrong, but I think the amount of black is a bit harsh especially with the dithering shading on the arm and a bit of the head piece. I think with more white lighting on the head piece, you could play around with shading and building form with the yellow color. The blue I think would be awesome for shading the body because the body is alright a light value. The blue would be less harsh and give the blue more purpose!

Rayquaza is pretty well done! I'd say the only thing is the tail that's more behind Rayquaza should probably be shaded more in black to show depth. Also I think you would be able to read the arm more clearly. Other than that, I gotta say Kyogre, Deoxys, and Groudon look really awesome!

I hope it helps - I think you're doing fantastic work, yo! I liked your previous post with the Mega Rayquaza and Primal Groundon and Kyogre! Keep at it! c:​
Cheers for the critique! Yeah, Houndoom's snout looks more like a duck's bill, but the proper sprite's one looked like a blob. Gonna mess around with that a fair bit.

Yeah, bit too much black on the Jirachi, it's just that without it it feels really flat. Gonna try and find a better balance with it.

But once again, thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back