• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Super Mario Bros. 3 Fanclub!

Which version of SMB 3 you like best?

• NES

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Super NES (Super Mario All-Stars)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Game Boy Advance (Super Mario Advance 4)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamato-san

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 15, 2012
Shenlong said:
Speaking of Koopa kids, did you've know that in the DIC version of the Super Mario Bros. 3 animated series, the Koopalings were given different names due to the fact that DIC had some licensing issues with Nintendo.

So licensing issues was the reason? You sure it was with Nintendo, or with the artists they were named after? Though, if it were the latter, I don't see how guys like Ludwig Von would be a problem, since they've been dead for a long time (then again, consistency counts).

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
Years
Yamato-san said:
So licensing issues was the reason? You sure it was with Nintendo, or with the artists they were named after? Though, if it were the latter, I don't see how guys like Ludwig Von would be a problem, since they've been dead for a long time (then again, consistency counts).
Answers.com said:
In the Mario cartoons, the original seven Koopa Kids were given different names, either to reduce the amount of money the show's producers, DIC, had to spend to reserve the rights to copyrighted character names, or because the characters were not officially named before the show started production. In a similar fashion, the Koopa Kids' father, Bowser, is almost always referred to as "King Koopa."

You can read more about that article here:
http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=Koopa+Kids&gwp=13

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
Years
So that's what was up with the irregular change of names XD I'll see to that article later :33

I have a question..if Bowser is the father..who is the mother? =0

Barboach

As we know it.
Years
in one episode of super mario super show, it shows bowsers mom in it, so there could be a possibility that bowsers mom and dad made the koopalings after bowser

edit: here is the banner rate it from 1 to 10 i kindave sucked at it lol
supermariobrosfanclub8yc.png

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
Years
You call that a banner? Pleeaassee. You should make something better than that because its too plain. Make it more professional by using the logo of the game or a sprite.

Now on to a new subject. Have you guys heard about this cool Japanese soundtrack called Super Mario Bros. 3 ~ Akihabara Electric Circus? If you haven't than you've guys have been missing out on the most greatest music that has ever been made!

cd_smb3aec.jpg

Here is the link below to download the whole Super Mario Bros. 3 Akihabara Electric Circus soundtrack in a bunch of mutiple Mp3 files.

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/1467

MAR Heaven

No Comment
Years
  • Age 34
  • Huh?
  • Seen Jun 26, 2007
Can I join? Super Mario Bros. 3 is the Best video game of all time.

I have actually seen all three episodes of the mario movie! Its so cool!

And can I become the Super Mario FAQ guy? XD

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
Years
Yeah sure welcome aboard dude! ^_^

We were discussing about this cool Japanese soundtrack that is composed by Koji Kondo and this band called Akihabara Electric Circus.

Oh and btw, did you've actually seen that Japanese SMB 3 anime ova? O_O

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
Years
I think it's lacking a nice pic in the backgroung =3 and maybe the text could be a wee bit fancier =)

That soundtrack sounds interesting..where do ya think they sell it at? =D

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
Years
I don't where they sell them exactly, but I've heard that they're very rare since Nintendo doesn't have that much quantites of them since the past 17 years in Japan.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
Years
There's eBay XD But than again,being so rare in the actual country it was produced at,it's pretty rare to see it on Ebay as well,I guess =/

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
Years
Well I did found some more information about the Super Mario Bros. 3 Akihabara Electric Circus CD soundtrack at The Mushroom Kingdom website.

The Mushroom Kingdom said:
This is a very unique album. It's basically ten Super Mario Bros. 3 remixes, with a few sound effects from the game mixed in here and there. I can't begin to describe the style of music used, but it's probably best explained as "late 80's" music, I guess. The remixes are well-done, using only the best songs from SMB3. A few tracks contain words, but the "lyrics" are basically a few words repeated over and over. For example, the only words in track 10 ("Super... Mario... Brothers!") repeat every once in a while during the last five minutes of the song.

Source: http://http://www.themushroomkingdom.net/mania/smb3aec.shtml

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
Years
Hmm..that's enough info to tell me about it I suppose.Late 80's music..that makes it an even better soundtrack :3

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
Years
Shampoo said:
Hmm..that's enough info to tell me about it I suppose.Late 80's music..that makes it an even better soundtrack :3
It is such a great soundtrack I tell you what. The music tunes are just awesome!

Here is the link below to download the whole Super Mario Bros. 3 Akihabara Electric Circus soundtrack in a bunch of mutiple Mp3 files.

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/1467

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
Years
I'll listen to em later ^^~~

Anyways,i just restarted my file on Super Mario 3 on my GBA..I'm currently half way in world 3.. :33

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
Years
So far I'm in Big Island on World 4 my most favorite level ever! I mean everything is so huge. From goombas to giant block everything is all whoah! I freaking hate that giant Hammer Brother because each time he lands on his jumps, it'll make mario temporarily freeze because of the impact of his jumps.

Btw, just in case if you guys noticed, here are some images of the original 8-bit version of Super Mario Bros. 3 game and some other stuff might as well that has been released in Japan and America since almost 17 years ago! =D

The Famicom version of Super Mario Bros. 3, with box and manual:

A comparison of the American and Japanese SMB3 carts:

A small Japanese "Technique Book" released in 1988. It covers Worlds 5-8:

A set of SMB3 Valentine's Day cards from 1990:

Last edited:

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
Years
I'm in World 4 now. <3 I got past Wendy yesterday :3 (she killed me about 5 times XD)

Neat stuff :3 Especially the Valentines =D

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
Years
Speaking of neat, has anyone ever went to Mc. Donald's recently? Cuz if you had went since the past 16 years, you've might of remember these awesome Happy Meals that they've offered in your childhood memory! =D

mcmario.jpg

Yep these are all the SMB3 McDonald's toys released in 1990. I've wanted either the Mario or Luigi one, but I got the Goomba that flips! ^_^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back