• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Basically, you need to add a clean offset. Instead of just editing an old script, make a script from scratch. For example:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000 //Before, you were using offsets already used in the game. Try starting with this, and then retrieving the actual offset from XSE when you compile..
#org @start
msgbox @1 0x3
release
end

#org @1
= //Text here. Type it in without the equals sign, then copy and paste it into the Text Adjuster to get it right. To access the Text Adjuster in XSE, do the shortcut CTRL + T.

When you compile the script, copy the first offset you see in the box that appears, then allocate that offset to the person event you want in AMap. <:

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
Basically, you need to add a clean offset. Instead of just editing an old script, make a script from scratch. For example:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000 //Before, you were using offsets already used in the game. Try starting with this, and then retrieving the actual offset from XSE when you compile..
#org @start
msgbox @1 0x3
release
end

#org @1
= //Text here. Type it in without the equals sign, then copy and paste it into the Text Adjuster to get it right. To access the Text Adjuster in XSE, do the shortcut CTRL + T.

When you compile the script, copy the first offset you see in the box that appears, then allocate that offset to the person event you want in AMap. <:

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. If you weren't there to answer my questions, I wouldn't be able to hack.. o.o

It helps that I have to start from scratch. But yet I have another question about that - Can I somehow delete the 'used' offsets (for scripts that are already in the game) to have more space for new scripts? Or how does that work?

Also, I somehow changed some pallettes, because the Bug Catcher / Picnickers / etc. are now red colored.. I don't mind that though, maybe you know a solution for (?) that.

Years
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. If you weren't there to answer my questions, I wouldn't be able to hack.. o.o

It helps that I have to start from scratch. But yet I have another question about that - Can I somehow delete the 'used' offsets (for scripts that are already in the game) to have more space for new scripts? Or how does that work?

Also, I somehow changed some pallettes, because the Bug Catcher / Picnickers / etc. are now red colored.. I don't mind that though, maybe you know a solution for (?) that.
Hehe, no problem. You could use the clear directive in XSE to remove older scripts (to find out how to use it, press F2 on XSE, then go to the "What makes a script" folder, and open up "Preprocessing directives"), though, to be honest, there's more than enough free space for you to use, I can assure you.

As for the palettes, open up Overworld Editor RE, open your ROM and go to the glitched OW. At the palette section, change them (you can try out 0, 3, 4, 5, 6, 16, 19, 20 and 21) until you find the one that's right.

...assuming you mean the overworld sprites.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2011
need help with change battle and intro of oak background there are not tutorials can you help me please? somebody

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
need help with change battle and intro of oak background there are not tutorials can you help me please? somebody

For changing battles there's a program called Advance Trainer or A-Trainer for short. and to change the background of the intro I think it's in unLZ or if you want to change the palette then use APE.

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
@ Spherical Ice, I wish I could help you, but sadly I (of course) can't.

I do have another question though.
But I get a error which says: no #define; it says I need something between

#org @movement

and

#raw 0x61 = Show Sprite

Thanks in advance.

I figured that I must not add = Show Sprite... stupid. @ Spherical Ice, thanks a lot anyway!!

I think my script is complete now, I as well made 'Unknown: 0300' and 'Var Number: 4050' according to the XSE scripting tutorial..

But now, when I walk over the script, it doesn't seem to work / start at all. Also, how do I make a sprite start as invisible? And then be visible by a script?

Last edited:
Years
Try removing the notes ( = Show Sprite, etc.), and then trying again. Either way, for notes, use // or ', not =. Because XSE will read it as one commad, #raw 0x61 = Show Sprite, which doesn't exist.

Also, does the rest of the script perhaps have another pointer called @movement ?

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Which badge do you need to use rock smash outside of battle?

Edit: Never mind I hacked it >:D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 6, 2011
Can somebody give me link of tutorial on PC for edit pokemon fire red hero on trainer card I was looking yesterday today cant find :S please

Years
Can you make notes in your XSE scripts without corrupting them. You know, like <!--->this in html</--!>
I think it was something with apostrophes ''...

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Can you make notes in your XSE scripts without corrupting them. You know, like <!--->this in html</--!>
I think it was something with apostrophes ''...

You can use apostraphes like this:
Code:
#org @start
lock 'Let's keep him there >:)
faceplayer 'Now look at him!
[code]

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
Is the sand at the bottom of the basic tileset in emerald an animation or can I change it just by inserting the tileset into A-Map with different tiles there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back