• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Opal

Would you like to be a Pokemon Designer or Spriter for Pokemon Opal?

• Designer, yes! (Contact me)

Votes: 53 24.8%
  • Spriter, yes! (Contact me)

Votes: 31 14.5%
  • Both! (Contact me)

Votes: 14 6.5%
  • Nope!

Votes: 116 54.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Well commentators, I have begun to already get the game some new things in and so far I am in the process of designing and scripting up some new interfaces for the pokedex and pokegear. So, stay tuned.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
hey guys.
the map has been further improved by .:freshX:.

PokemonaOpalmap.png

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Tha map looks interesting...
I feel as though there aren't enough towns, yet I wanna see how this fares out.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
Okay I'm back from Bulgaria. ^_^
So during the holidays I did a lotta sketching, and was able to color in a few things when I got back:

Bunnice
Spoiler:

Ice Bunny Pokemon - Found in Ice Caves or snowy areas and mountains.

Rabbishard
Spoiler:

Ice Rabbit Pokemon - Found in Ice Caves and snowy areas and mountains.

Rabbifrost
Spoiler:

Ice Rabbit Pokemon - can't be found, gotta evolve it from Rabbishard

I also did some practise on spriting and I tried to sprite the bunnies. xD
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Anyways, here's some more:

Lydra
Spoiler:

Juvenile Hydra Pokemon - Found in Caves with low tides??? Or something of the sort. xD

Hydros
Spoiler:

Hydra Pokemon - Same as Lydra

Hyperdron
Spoiler:

Lake Tyrant Pokemon - Evolves from Hydros
PS. Sorry for the quality, the image got resized automatically during the upload. >.<

Anyways, hope they're okay! ^^

Oh and I was kinda bored so I did a lil'bit of this:
Spoiler:

Yup, a Pokedex template for the website I geuss. xD
Use it if you want to, ignore it if you want to, in any case, here's the template, hope this comes in use later on (I'll be surprised if it does! xD)
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Wow...that Ice bunny line actually looks REALLY good. It looks like your drawing improved a bit from earlier. Also, your spriting DEFINITELY got better. Been practicing some stuff, eh? haha. One thing though, the first and second stages look way too similar. Might wanna either change the 2nd one's pose, change its design a bit more, or just drop it altogether and make it a 2-evo line. Just my opinion though.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
Okay I'm back from Bulgaria. ^_^
So during the holidays I did a lotta sketching, and was able to color in a few things when I got back:

Bunnice
Spoiler:

Ice Bunny Pokemon - Found in Ice Caves or snowy areas and mountains.

Rabbishard
Spoiler:

Ice Rabbit Pokemon - Found in Ice Caves and snowy areas and mountains.

Rabbifrost
Spoiler:

Ice Rabbit Pokemon - can't be found, gotta evolve it from Rabbishard

I also did some practise on spriting and I tried to sprite the bunnies. xD
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Anyways, here's some more:

Lydra
Spoiler:

Juvenile Hydra Pokemon - Found in Caves with low tides??? Or something of the sort. xD

Hydros
Spoiler:

Hydra Pokemon - Same as Lydra

Hyperdron
Spoiler:

Lake Tyrant Pokemon - Evolves from Hydros
PS. Sorry for the quality, the image got resized automatically during the upload. >.<

Anyways, hope they're okay! ^^

Oh and I was kinda bored so I did a lil'bit of this:
Spoiler:

Yup, a Pokedex template for the website I geuss. xD
Use it if you want to, ignore it if you want to, in any case, here's the template, hope this comes in use later on (I'll be surprised if it does! xD)
Spoiler:

Fudge. You improved. Toooooooooo fast.
The bunnies look fine, different enough for me. I really don't think there's much you could do to make 'em look different, anyway.
i hope those sprites are smaller than 64 px by 64 px, if so, they're goin in the game. :/
errr, and the pokedex temp.. we don't really need |D Thanks, though.

does anyone wanna help get pkmn data in the games dex?

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
@tnguye

Did you meet Ken Sugimori in Bulgaria!!!????
Gosh those have really improved, I love them!
I thought the Hydras would end up being dragons tho

tnguye3

Years
i hope those sprites are smaller than 64 px by 64 px, if so, they're goin in the game. :/

Would be glad if those sprites would be in your game, however, they're 70 px by 70 px. xD

@tnguye

Did you meet Ken Sugimori in Bulgaria!!!????
Gosh those have really improved, I love them!
I thought the Hydras would end up being dragons tho

Haha, we actually met in a club, had a drink and he did the designs for me! xD
Just kidding. ;P

Anyways, glad ya like em. ^^

Wow...that Ice bunny line actually looks REALLY good. It looks like your drawing improved a bit from earlier. Also, your spriting DEFINITELY got better. Been practicing some stuff, eh? haha. One thing though, the first and second stages look way too similar. Might wanna either change the 2nd one's pose, change its design a bit more, or just drop it altogether and make it a 2-evo line. Just my opinion though.

Glad ya like the bunnies and thanks for the critique. ;)
I think it would be really difficult for me to do much change to Rabbishard. xD
And I really want the line to have 3 evo's cause I like 3 evo lines more than 2 evo lines. xD
So it's all up to Nyu. ^__________^
There's enough change for her, so I'm happy, lol. xD

Last edited:

Jayje

The First Maker
Years
good to see you guys still workin on this. can't wait for more. Oh, those bunnies are epic. why not resize them for the game? they'd be great to catch!

Last edited:

carmaniac

Years
Well well everyone, today I'm working on the pokegear scripting and would like to ask you all what the final product should look like.
capture014-2.jpg

Yes there is indeed mouse functions for it and they have already been scripted but just asking all of you out there of how it should look like. (Ignore all the mess with the graphics)

tnguye3

Years
Hey there Carmaniac, it's looking good imo. I'm just wondering what the yellow squares are.
Also, it's kinda blank, but I think as you work on this more, you're gonna put something in since this is kinda in the beta stage, right? O_o
^_^

carmaniac

Years
Hey there Carmaniac, it's looking good imo. I'm just wondering what the yellow squares are.
Also, it's kinda blank, but I think as you work on this more, you're gonna put something in since this is kinda in the beta stage, right? O_o
^_^

Yeah it's still in beta stages but there was an old video of it, I've moved onto making the menu system now which I've made on my game due to a problem with the txt files which I still need Nyu to send over the fixed version. And I think it does seem cheep using arrows to move around on the scripts but it is a bit shorter to script in that every mouse area for each button imo. Oh and the yellow boxes were there already, I just didn't get around to removing them.

tnguye3

Years
Ok, so I colored in a few more. Here they are:

Gheist
Spoiler:

Poltergeist Pokemon - Found in haunted houses/ghost towers or places of the sort.

Illusios
Spoiler:

Illusion Pokemon - Found in high level ghost towers

Hardillo
Spoiler:

Armor Pokemon - Found in primary caves, so basically this is a low tier Pokemon like Geodude and Onix

Armosaur
Spoiler:

Armor Pokemon - Found in high lvl caves such as Victory Road

Well, hope ya like em. ^^

Yeah it's still in beta stages but there was an old video of it, I've moved onto making the menu system now which I've made on my game due to a problem with the txt files which I still need Nyu to send over the fixed version. And I think it does seem cheep using arrows to move around on the scripts but it is a bit shorter to script in that every mouse area for each button imo. Oh and the yellow boxes were there already, I just didn't get around to removing them.

I really like the mouse idea part. I'm assuming the A and B are buttons for the mouse too? :P
Anyways, keep us updated with your work! ^_^

Last edited:

carmaniac

Years
Ok, so I colored in a few more. Here they are:

Gheist
Spoiler:

Poltergeist Pokemon - Found in haunted houses/ghost towers or places of the sort.

Illusios
Spoiler:

Illusion Pokemon - Found in high level ghost towers

Hardillo
Spoiler:

Armor Pokemon - Found in primary caves, so basically this is a low tier Pokemon like Geodude and Onix

Armosaur
Spoiler:

Armor Pokemon - Found in high lvl caves such as Victory Road

Well, hope ya like em. ^^

I really like the mouse idea part. I'm assuming the A and B are buttons for the mouse too? :P
Anyways, keep us updated with your work! ^_^
Yeah you don't have to use keys at all for the pokegear, but I just shown Nyu what I did on with the menu and using the dualscreen and I think she quite likes it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ7BWIxuutM

Rise

「Rise Director」
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 24, 2010
Oh man does this bring me back!
I remember when I first saw this topic go up.
It's come a long way since then, gratz Nyu and company.
I love the fakes so far, especially Flareleo <3
Anyone who can make a good fire starter is ok in my book >>
Yay for blind favoritism~

xD

Anyway I'm gonna be checking up on this thread regularly to help give you constructive criticism in the hopes of making the game better, or even just to throw in ideas here and there. ^^
Good luck, I hope things continue as well as they are now.

(Note: When I talk, dont mind the join date lol Been here for quite a while. Long story short, forced to make a new account)

tnguye3

Years
Did some more work, and here're the fakemon:

Seedling
Spoiler:

Seed Pokemon - Found in forests/woods.

Floressa
Spoiler:

Bloom Pokemon - Found in forests/woods, rainy areas and tall grass.

Flobella
Spoiler:

Flower Pokemon - Evolves from Floressa

Hope ya like em! ^^

tnguye3

Years
Paint.NET
Nyu hasn't replied lately so I dunno if my earlier fakemon's got in... *.*

Anyway, glad ya like em.

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
man i love watching this game progress it just gets better and better! XD
awsome concepts tnguye, i love the bunnys and those ghost pokemon, the only thing i have to say about the flower pokemon is, you should try drawing them in different poses, most of your pokemon are all in one pose.

nyu... follow the white rabbit.. lol XD anyways i made a new sprite check it out i put it as my avatar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back