• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Emerald 650

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
This is great. Well done.
Dark Sneasel made recently a perfectly working BW2 repel system for emerald, you could implement it, it would be even better.
Good luck

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2015
Wow. This is just, great!

Would really love to start rom hacking with this base but
you could ask for help regarding the move tutors and egg moves since they require lots of work, then this shall be the mother of emerald rom bases.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2018
I'm new to the forums and new to rom hacking and I have a question. Can you use the new mons you added with an trainer editor?
EDIT: can I use unamed trainer editor on it?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
I'm new to the forums and new to rom hacking and I have a question. Can you use the new mons you added with an trainer editor?
EDIT: can I use unamed trainer editor on it?
The ini for UTE is in the OP.

Last edited:

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Wow. This is just, great!

Would really love to start rom hacking with this base but
you could ask for help regarding the move tutors and egg moves since they require lots of work, then this shall be the mother of emerald rom bases.

I'm pretty sure move tutor compatibility is stored in a bitfield that isn't natively going to be able to accommodate the expanded Pokemon. If you don't know how to expand it (like moi), you could script a convincing replacement very easily that would look VERY clunky on the back-end, but work perfectly for the end user (your players).

However, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think egg moves are just a table that could be repointed. No idea where the limiters are, or even if there are any. It's worth just repointing the darn thing and seeing if it works with no other finagling.

I can't believe I haven't commented on this yet, but good work! I'm seriously considering using this as a base and cutting a huge amount of work off of my hacking. Thank you for doing the tedious busywork so the rest of us don't have to. You've probably already saved people hundreds of hours collectively.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Hey guys, sorry if there has been no real update, since I've been busy with school and work, and something else but I can't post it since it would be considered "advertisement." Anyways, with the progress of Pokémon Theta Emerald, progress is going very small. In all honesty, the game may be finished in a matter of a couple of days. A friend of mine is doing the Trainers, god bless him, and once he's done, which is really close, he'll send me the patch and I'll add in legendary events, and a few more little tidbits (B/W Repel System, Title Screen, etc.), a playthrough of the game, and then I'll release it to the public.

Question, once Theta Emerald is done, who wants to beta test the game and take notes as to any glitches are in? The more people beta test it, the more I can improve the game.

Last edited:
Years
Hey guys, sorry if there has been no real update, since I've been busy with school and work, and something else but I can't post it since it would be considered "advertisement." Anyways, with the progress of Pokémon Theta Emerald, progress is going very small. In all honesty, the game may be finished in a matter of a few days. A friend of mine is doing the Trainers, god bless him, and once he's done, which is really close, he'll send me the patch and I'll add in legendary events, and a few more little tidbits (B/W Repel System, Title Screen, etc.), a playthrough of the game, and then I'll release it to the public.

Question, once Theta Emerald is done, who wants to beta test the game and take notes as to any glitches are in? The more people beta test it, the more I can improve the game.

If I could do it that could be great. I might progress slowly though, if I'm busy. The game has so much potiental, and looks great!

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
Years

i'll beta test it if you want, besides, i kinda did that with this rombase anyway, just pm/vm me if needed :)
i have encountered another bug with this rombase and its pokedex however, Percy had a similar bug HERE

Years
i'll beta test it if you want, besides, i kinda did that with this rombase anyway, just pm/vm me if needed :)
i have encountered another bug with this rombase and its pokedex however, Percy had a similar bug HERE

I fixed that bug. LC, please change the Caught flags to 60 D8 03 02. And then change all this:

Put a pointer to whichever set of flags comes first at x843BC.
Put 20 1C 00 00 at x8439A.
[S-HIGHLIGHT]Put XX 22 at x843A0, where XX is the number of bytes taken by your dex flags.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
Put 20 1C at x843A6.
[S-HIGHLIGHT]Put YY 30 at x843A8, where YY is the number of bytes between the sets of flags. YY is probably the same as XX, but it doesn't have to be.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
[S-HIGHLIGHT]Put XX 22 at x843AC, where XX is the number of bytes taken by your dex flags.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

(highlighted sentences) to 60.

CupcakeEdgeworth

DR. Ivo "Julian" "Eggman" Robotnik Mach II
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 30, 2023
I'm sorry, but it appears I can't load the patched emerald rom with unnamed trainer editor, even with the ini tekst. It just says it can't load the rom.

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
Years
Hey guys, sorry if there has been no real update, since I've been busy with school and work, and something else but I can't post it since it would be considered "advertisement." Anyways, with the progress of Pokémon Theta Emerald, progress is going very small. In all honesty, the game may be finished in a matter of a few days. A friend of mine is doing the Trainers, God bless him, and once he's done, which is really close, he'll send me the patch and I'll add in legendary events, and a few more little tidbits (B/W Repel System, Title Screen, etc.), a playthrough of the game, and then I'll release it to the public.

No worries man. DO NOT RUSH. I know life will get in the way like that. lol NP. But I would like to beta test it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 24, 2015
Hey guys, sorry if there has been no real update, since I've been busy with school and work, and something else but I can't post it since it would be considered "advertisement." Anyways, with the progress of Pokémon Theta Emerald, progress is going very small. In all honesty, the game may be finished in a matter of a few days. A friend of mine is doing the Trainers, god bless him, and once he's done, which is really close, he'll send me the patch and I'll add in legendary events, and a few more little tidbits (B/W Repel System, Title Screen, etc.), a playthrough of the game, and then I'll release it to the public.

I'd like to test the beta too. I'm playing the patch but all the bugs found playing it until now have already been communicated. I'll check out Pkmn Emerald 650 complete game in Sideshow Showcase section in the days ahead. Well done man!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 9, 2019

I am available until the 25 so if it comes out before then i can help beta test.If it is after i can't help cause i will be busy well into the next month,then all i can do is wish you good luck.:)

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Thank you for all the responses. I'll definitely send you a link to the patch. Also, a small update. My friend who is doing the Trainers just sent me a list of the Gym Leader teams, Elite Four, Champion, Rival data, and Wally data. All I can say is...everyone is going to enjoy those fights ;)

ChrisTheWhiteWolf

White Lighting
Years
Thank you for all the responses. I'll definitely send you a link to the patch. Also, a small update. My friend who is doing the Trainers just sent me a list of the Gym Leader teams, Elite Four, Champion, Rival data, and Wally data. All I can say is...everyone is going to enjoy those fights ;)

If you are in charge of Theta Emerald will you add more rivals like Light Platinum did?Like Lucas, Red, Gold etc but not as super bosses as most game usually do but instead as friendy competetion throughout the game.
Cause let's be honest, Emerald's rivals were literally carbage.May was infrequent and weak and the only rival who didnt evolve her starter - LAME - and Wally although kinda strong at the end, you fought him like 2 times.
The only hacks that have done that(at least that I've seen) are Light Platinum and Glazed.

Just a thought from a big fan of Emerald.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2018
How can I use the ini for the UTE?

EDIT: it still says it's unable to open the rom

Last edited:

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
I fixed that bug. LC, please change the Caught flags to 60 D8 03 02. And then change all this:

Put a pointer to whichever set of flags comes first at x843BC.
Put 20 1C 00 00 at x8439A.
Put XX 22 at x843A0, where XX is the number of bytes taken by your dex flags.
Put 20 1C at x843A6.
Put YY 30 at x843A8, where YY is the number of bytes between the sets of flags. YY is probably the same as XX, but it doesn't have to be.
Put XX 22 at x843AC, where XX is the number of bytes taken by your dex flags.

(highlighted sentences) to 60.
So I wasn't the only person who had that odd problem where there were slots past the number of Pokemon inserted lol. I'll fix it when I get home from my class, and I'll definitely add this to Theta Emerald. Also, just to let everyone know. The highest level Pokemon you will encounter on a Trainer doing the main storyline is Lv. 67, owned by the Champion.

Back