• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favourite Gen 4 Pokemon

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I'm going to rank the Gen 4 Pokemon based on my favoritism.

S Rank (Absolute favourite):
Spoiler:

A Rank (Love):
Spoiler:

B Rank (Really like):
Spoiler:

C Rank (Like):
Spoiler:

D Rank (Meh):
Spoiler:

E Rank (Dislike):
Spoiler:

F Rank (Hate):
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Just going with my favourite Gen 4 Pokemon, it's probably Shaymin. I like the smaller legendary Pokemon too (like Manaphy) and I really love Shaymin's design and its sky forme, that was a really cool idea.

blue

gucci
Years
Collectively, fourth gen has the best Pok?mon for me and a lot of my favourites are from that gen. I guess if I had to pick just one it would be Roserade. Apart from the design, I really like how Roselia went from being a single stage Pok?mon to having a really good pre-evo and evolution. I think the introduction of a lot of the cross-generation evolutions is the reason why I love fourth gen so much!

Years
Mine is Chimchar. I just have a thing for Monkeys.

I'm also a pretty big fan of the new evolutions added. Honchkrow is up there with Magmortar.

Svartulv

the black wind howls.
Years
My Fourth Gen favorite Pokémon is definitely Luxray. <3
I think Roserade is also really awesome. And well, Lucario too. Those three would be my top 3, with a special mention going to Infernape and Empoleon.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
Luxray - most epic electric-type. Period.
Riolu/Lucario - Has been in my team every time. When possible.
Dialga - always found it an epic Legendary.
Shaymin - very adorable.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I'm not quite into the 4th Gen Pokemon very much, but some of them are really cool indeedy~

Some of my top favourites though:

448.png
468.png
429.png
478.png
407-m.png
470.png
471.png
428.png
432.png
488.png
490.png

pkmin3033

Honestly, I love all of them; I don't think there is a single Gen IV Pokemon I really dislike...well, asides Lucario, but let's pretend that thing isn't spoiling the moment.

My absolute favourite is Bastiodon. It's a freakin' dinosaur bulldozer, and the little kid in me who grew up wanting to be a paeleontologist squealed in delight when I first saw it. Maybe it's not the most useful of Pokemon, but it's still a fantastic design <3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I couldn't really pick a favourite, but it'd be between these:

Spr_4p_490.png
Spr_4p_395.png
Spr_4d_478.png
Spr_4d_418_m.png
Spr_4p_475.png
Spr_4p_470.png
Spr_4d_468.png

I've only played 3 generations (III-V) but the only time I've been dead-set on a starter before the games came out is Piplup because I thought it was about damn time they gave me a penguin pokémon. The others all won me over though (although any evolution of Ralts was always going to be a winner as well).

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 14, 2017
My Fourth Gen favorite Pokémon is definitely Luxray. <3
I think Roserade is also really awesome. And well, Lucario too. Those three would be my top 3, with a special mention going to Infernape and Empoleon.

YES, another luxray fan too!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 1, 2017
ALL HAIL ARCEUS, OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!

Well, him and the Creation Trio. Gotta love those Gen IV Legends.

Besides legends, the Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon line and Electivire are pretty cool as well.

pkmin3033

Is it because of Lucario's popularity? xD
No, actually! I can't stand furry bait, its movie was absolutely terrible, I think Aura is a stupid (or at least unexplored) concept designed with the sole intent of making it look special, and...yeah, I can't stand that it's arguably one of the best Pokemon in the game competitively. It didn't even need the damn Mega evolution to be good; that it got one was just insane.

...I could go on, but I won't. Its popularity was never a factor for me; I've hated it since I first saw it. xD

Years
Ambipom is one of my favourites. The design is just a little bit awkward if I'm honest, I don't know what it is, but I feel like its body is maybe too long or something. But it is seriously cool. If I could have a team in real life, I feel like ambipom would be super useful. Its an agile monkey with two powerful and fast arms for tails.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Ambipom is one of my favourites. The design is just a little bit awkward if I'm honest, I don't know what it is, but I feel like its body is maybe too long or something. But it is seriously cool. If I could have a team in real life, I feel like ambipom would be super useful. Its an agile monkey with two powerful and fast arms for tails.

I love using Ambipom in the games with Technician! I always start to miss being able to use those weaker moves later in the game, with him I don't have to. Plus I like the design. Can't believe I forgot about him to be honest.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oooh, let me think. I'd say my favorites are Togekiss, Rotom, Glaceon, Luxray, Bibarel (fight me), Porygon-Z...I think that covers it. There are probably a few more, but I cba to remember aha.

Back