• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

konman719

Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
does anyone know where i can find a leaf green INI? I looked for one and can't find it and i tried making one myself but that was a big FAIL

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Thanks!
but,I can't find the right pallete now :/
I think (if I can remember correctly), you can import the palette. You can import it from a palette file, I think.
Or just edit the palettes. :\

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
Is there a tutorial on how to insert OW sprites?
I knew do it, but now I'm trying and I can't get it.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Is there a tutorial on how to insert OW sprites?
I knew do it, but now I'm trying and I can't get it.

There are many tutorials on how to insert overworlds

Here's one for FireRed by metapod23.

And here's one for Pokémon Platinum by Septfox.

And here's one for inserting overworlds the easy way by ~Teh Panda~.

Hope these would help you out with inserting your overworld sprites, good luck. ;)

Loaf

Just loafing around...
Years
Did you give them entirely new scripts or did you attempt to add the commands directly into their preexisting scripts? Because doing the latter without repointing will most likely cause some errors because you'll be increasing the length of the script and overwriting part of another script.

Ah, I see. So bare with me, I'm very much ignorant on how to do much with ROM hacking. How would I repoint?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Ah, I see. So bare with me, I'm very much ignorant on how to do much with ROM hacking. How would I repoint?

You're going to have to look for everything that points to the offset of what you're repointing.
You'd have to find every pointer, and change it to the new offset of the text you'd be re-writing.

A HEX Editor will come in handy here my friend, you first find the offset the text is at, for example only, lets say it's 0x800000, this is the text you want to change.
But you make it too long, so you have to repoint, to say, 0x800500, so now what you must do, is run a search, in the rom for 0x80000080 (Correct me if I'm wrong here active users, I've been away for a long time...)
You'd find all of the pointers one by one, testing after each change, changing them to 0x80005080 (Once again, just going from my old memories of when I was good at this crap...)
Once that is done, you just go to 0x800500, and write as much text as you want, until you run out of free space, though I don't know how well that would work...

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2010
Get rid of the battle messages FR/LG

After reading JPAN post about the battle_script_commands link: ww.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=215644 I wanted to get rid of the messages that pop out in everybattle.

It is possible to get rid of the battle messages like XXXX has appeared (starting of the battle), XXXX used XXXX attack and the last XXXX has fainted, these are the three most important messages that bugs me. It just plain annoying when you are playing the game for the 99th time and spent half the time seeing these battle messages even with FAST text on.

Did it need to be edited in assembler or hex or other code (I guess is assembler though)

By the way which program did you use to edit and insert assembler code into the ROM? I looked forever into the toolforums and didnt found anything.

Thanks any help is appreciated.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 5, 2010
I've been working on trying to find this out for days and have been scouring the entire forum to no avail @__@.

What I want to do is change Oak's opening speech in LF. Can someone please point out a tutorial / something that'll tell me how to do it...?! I'm going a little mad here xD

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years

I could spend upwards of an hour explaining it to you along with all of the tricks that you can use to do it but in a nutshell, you need to change the number in the "Script offset" box in AdvanceMap and compile your new script (with the added commands) to that new address.

I've been working on trying to find this out for days and have been scouring the entire forum to no avail @__@.

What I want to do is change Oak's opening speech in LF. Can someone please point out a tutorial / something that'll tell me how to do it...?! I'm going a little mad here xD

I don't know what LF is but this post (and the tutorial that it's from) might help you.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 5, 2010
*faceplant* Derp on my behalf, I meant LG (as in Leaf Green) @__@

And thank you so much, that does look helpful indeed!

Hmn, I downloaded Hex Workshop, opened up Leaf Green and the table you provided, but when I search either of them (they're seperate) it can find nothing for 'In the world'!

Am I doing something wrong here too?

Hmn, I downloaded Hex Workshop, opened up Leaf Green and the table you provided, but when I search either of them (they're seperate) it can find nothing for 'In the world'!

Am I doing something wrong here too?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2010
For the research I did on topics about this on the forum I found that the intro can be hacked only with asm routines that deals with ARM code, so I am stuck here because my assemblers programs dont open the gba roms. I want to change the intro not the text by the way, something like jumping straight were you choose your gender, and name your rival, then starting the game.

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Help With Removing Oak's Intro

I've been trying to figure this one out on my own for a while now, but I can't seem to get it right. I don't know how, but I severely screwed up the intro into my Fire Red hack and would like to remove the whole thing.

Of course, I'd also need to add in a place to choose gender, name, and rival's name, and I don't know how to do any of these. I just want to get this glitch out of the way since I've already mapped and scripted quite a few things.

If it happens to have no solution, I will accept restarting, but I'd rather find an answer. I've already searched the simple questions forum, but I feel that this is a little more than a simple question. If anyone has any clue on how to remove the intro and add in the gender selection and naming parts, please reply. I'm very much desperate at this point.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Fire Red, but i'm looking for something more like NSL except for trainer sprites...

Just letting you guys in on some good info here... *cough*
Nameless Sprite Editor can edit ANY graphic in the game, and is easy to use, and make bookmarks for.
All you need is the offset of the graphic, which is easy to get...
Besides, the Fire Red INI has a crap ton of stuff to edit, who knows, maybe there is a plugin for what you need, if not, I'll make one if you request.
What is it you need, able to edit the graphics of every trainer in the game. Like the battle sprites, or, maybe, the regular OW sprites, it can do anything.

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
Okay this has been bugging me and I'm sure alot of others aswell. Is it possible to import a map file into A-map without it naming itself to littleroot and instead I basically want to replace an existing map with its existing name. I DO NOT want to add in a new map and name but just replace one of the maps with another map of the exact same size and keep the name it originally had on the ROM (for me it is Path 4). Is this possible? Is this possible?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Okay this has been bugging me and I'm sure alot of others aswell. Is it possible to import a map file into A-map without it naming itself to littleroot and instead I basically want to replace an existing map with its existing name. I DO NOT want to add in a new map and name but just replace one of the maps with another map of the exact same size and keep the name it originally had on the ROM (for me it is Path 4). Is this possible? Is this possible?

I doubt it even is possible to insert new names for maps in AdvanceMap, the best thing to do is change them. But maybe it could be possible with a hex editor if you know how to use it. But so far... I haven't found any way of adding in a new name, I've only been able to change the names, that's about it, I'm sorry if I couldn't help you very much.

EDIT: Wait... after double checking your post... I see that you want to change the name of the map and the map itself, I see. Well... in AdvanceMap to change a map, click Tools then click Open map, then choose the map that you've saved and open it up. As for names... you can just change them on the Header tab. It should have an area where you can simply re-name it, after you've typed in the name, click change name button.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back