• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Pokemon Analysis Series: Eevee

bobandbill

one more time
Years
don feels a TCG article on Eevee cards is worthwhile!

So, anyone have an interest in writing an article on TCG cards featuring Eevee? I found the Card-dex on Serebii for Eevee which has scans for all of its cards: http://www.serebii.net/card/dex/133.shtml

Last call to state your interest in writing an article on Caring for your Eevee or the Nickname articles for Eevee.
Quoting this - any takers? Still needs completing.

Meanwhile, will appreciate any people helping locate any Eevee visual art on PC. We already have 3 fics submitted, but no visual art! =(

I'm roughly halfway done with the 'Caring for your Eevee' article (in a wordpress draft post), sans stuff like a cover image. (Maybe Jess' illustration for Eevee could be used for that...?)

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
I don't know the TCG, maybe you should ping user ddrox. For memory he's pretty big on the TCG.
While I think this is an overstatement, I did play for a few years and it seems like the rest of you aren't interested, sooo...

don feels a TCG article on Eevee cards is worthwhile!

So, anyone have an interest in writing an article on TCG cards featuring Eevee? I found the Card-dex on Serebii for Eevee which has scans for all of its cards: http://www.serebii.net/card/dex/133.shtml

I got this one! Lemme finish up drafting this silly Hax article that life has been getting in the way of and I'll throw something up on le Wordpress. And I suppose I should make a thread as well for thoughts and the like (actually someone else do that kthx). Some Eevee cards are certainly better than others (PF 90 and FuF 80 come to mind from recent memory, while I always used UD 48)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Bump. Going to try and get stuff wrapped up given I started the planning thread for Solosis + friends articles!

To be done:
- Caring for your Eevee article. I have half a draft done and aim to finish that soon.
- TCG article. ddrox has offered to take that on, and his other article is nigh done now (last stage of editing, basically).
- Artwork feature article (on pc only!) Free for someone to take on, but nobody has put up examples of visual art in the thread in A&D. Will very much appreciate help with this! (Fics meanwhile had at least three submissions last I checked). Jess' drawing for the WTP article counts, but that's still just the one.

If people want a separate 'external-to-PC-fanworks on Eevee' article that needs to be started on now as well.

If anyone wants to write another article on Eevee, best get to pitching it here asap!

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
- TCG article. ddrox has offered to take that on, and his other article is nigh done now (last stage of editing, basically).
On that note, how much detail should I go into on each card? right now I have about 2/3rds of them sorted by usefulness with the useless ones just having a small blurb about what makes that card unique amongst Eevees (i.e. first Gen 5 Eevee, can attack for 0 energy, etc.) and intend to do that and a small bit more for the more relevant ones. Do we need images of each card as well?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
On that note, how much detail should I go into on each card? right now I have about 2/3rds of them sorted by usefulness with the useless ones just having a small blurb about what makes that card unique amongst Eevees (i.e. first Gen 5 Eevee, can attack for 0 energy, etc.) and intend to do that and a small bit more for the more relevant ones. Do we need images of each card as well?
I'm fine with short pieces of information for less interesting cards, and going into more indepth ones about rare/special ones, or those which are particularly useful for battling.

I think it'd be good to include images, which at least is doable given the online resources on TCG (e.g. serebii). Just indicate which site the images come from at the bottom of the article.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
I'm fine with short pieces of information for less interesting cards, and going into more indepth ones about rare/special ones, or those which are particularly useful for battling.

I think it'd be good to include images, which at least is doable given the online resources on TCG (e.g. serebii). Just indicate which site the images come from at the bottom of the article.

Mmmm. I'll play with Wordpress for a bit and see what I can do

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Am I last? Perfect. Anyway, draft is ready for review, put it up whenever you are ready.
Nope, the fanworks article will be the last one, haha. Cheers for the heads up, will get to proofreading/editing over the next couple days!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
ddrox13 said:
A couple others looked into it, so we've done some rearranging. The text is the same, but the gallery is now at the end with a couple extra sentences to reflect it/end the article, and the cards you mentioned being particularly useful in decks have also been added outside the gallery.

http://daily.pokecommunity.com/?p=1870 If you're alright with those proposed changes, we'll hit publish. =)

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
A couple others looked into it, so we've done some rearranging. The text is the same, but the gallery is now at the end with a couple extra sentences to reflect it/end the article, and the cards you mentioned being particularly useful in decks have also been added outside the gallery.

http://daily.pokecommunity.com/?p=1870 If you're alright with those proposed changes, we'll hit publish. =)

All clear on my end, go ahead and push Publish! I'll get to work on the Solosis edition later

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
If you really need it, go on Deviant Art and search up eevee or eeveelution. You have now idea how much will show up. Ask the artist if you could borrow their art or not. Only if you really need it.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
If you really need it, go on Deviant Art and search up eevee or eeveelution. You have now idea how much will show up. Ask the artist if you could borrow their art or not. Only if you really need it.

We really want this to be a spotlight on the artists of the PokéCommunity, but I'm nearly certain overlord BobandBill looked into that option.

Back