• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 15, 2018
Version 3.3.00512
I just started playing the game and I have a few bugs to report. Firstly, when I'm at the PC box and check the summary of my pok?mon, their dex number keeps changing between Johto and National dex (e.g. sometimes quilava is #5 and sometimes it's #156). In Violet city, I traded a bellsprout for an NPC's Onix, but Onix is not appearing in my dex. Also, there is something wrong with unown H's sprite (both in battle and in the summary, but I haven't used him in battle to see his back sprite yet)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 26, 2021
I've tried installing this hack on my 3DS with the new super VC injector, and it works fine... However, the RTC doesn't handle am and pm properly. For example, when it's 12:30 pm it says it's 00:30 am in game. Could you consider adding a fix for this?

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2022
Is it impossible to edit savefiles for this game? It's the only romhack where the savefile gets corrupted whenever I edit it in pokehex and similar editing tools. Could this maybe be fixed by somehow turning off the clock or something like that. I'd love to be able to decide the nature of my pokemon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 13, 2019
Hey guys, got this ROM Hack recommended to me and I was wondering what is the newest version of Liquid Crystal, and whether the link on the first page is up to date ?
I´d like to make to sure to start a new game of this with the last updated version if possible.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 13, 2019
Anyone know where to get another Rock Smash ?
I got the one from the guy next to Sudowoodo, but used it on a wrong pokemon.

Headbutt and Whirpool are sold at Goldenrod dept. store, but what about Rock Smash ? Any other place where you can get it ?

blitz_2k

Kabe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
Is this hack finished?
Does it have P/S split?
Does it have a battle tower or similar?

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
Is this hack finished?
Does it have P/S split?
Does it have a battle tower or similar?

It's been many years since I last played this hack, but I know this is one that has never been completed (pretty much abandoned tbh). I believe it ends somewhere in the Orange Islands.

I honestly can't remember but I don't believe there's an P/S split in this game... Someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong!!!

I don't believe there is a battle tower of anything of the like in this game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Nov 2, 2018
I really like this game. In the beginning where professor Elm hears the stalker and says what hell made me laugh, you definitely don't see that in other pokemon games but I have a few suggestions, "the ruins of alph" In the original pokemon crystal the first chamber( where you solve the puzzle and the floor opens up dropping you into the second chamber) When the scientist tells you to read the wall, If you read the wall beside him it says escape in unknown pokemon letters and if you use an escape rope upon re entry of the chamber a secret doorway opens up into another room beside the scientist where you get some items( Heal Powder, Energy Powder, Psncureberry, and a Berry) laying on the floor in pokeballs. I also don't understand why Mew and Deoxys won't obey. They're in the game coding been's this game is based off a fire red rom. Should just revamp one of their event islands into one of the orange islands and make mew and deoxys catchable there. Mew does appear in the orange islands in the manga so it's not out of place there. There are many many orange islands to choose from. Here is a list of them.
Valencia Island
Tangelo Island
Mikan Island
Mandarin Island No.
Sunburst Island
Pinkan Island
a unnamed island (Dome Fossil Island)
Kinnow Island
a unnamed island (Sanctuary Island)
Navel Island
The 7 Grapefruit Islands
Moro Island
Golden Island
Murcott Island
a unnamed island (Farfetch'd Island)
Mandarin Island South
Trovita Island
Fairchild Island
Shamouti Islands
Cleopatra Island
Fire Island
Lightning Island
Ice Island
Ascorbia Island
Butwal Island
Kumquat Island
Rind Island
a unnamed island (Salveyo Weed Island)
Pummelo Island
Tarroco Island
Hamlin Island

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 10, 2023
Okay so I didn't take a bike in Goldenrod city at the start of the game and now I'm stuck in Kanto not being able to go to Fuschia. The boat is also refusing to go back. What can I do?

Nvm, just went to the league and walked to johto

Last edited:
Years
Elo I from Poland, for five or six years I've been doing Pokemon hack - Liquid Crystal and Yu-Gi-Oh! - Eternal Duelist Soul. I tried to copy the original. Among other things, I added an intro from Crystal!

link: [Link removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Elo I from Poland, for five or six years I've been doing Pokemon hack - Liquid Crystal and Yu-Gi-Oh! - Eternal Duelist Soul. I tried to copy the original. Among other things, I added an intro from Crystal!

link: [Link removed]

Hey dude can you give me a direct link please! Thanks!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Mediafire link: [Link removed]

I test your Rom and i like it, i play until passing he first gym, i recommend you make a thread for all here in the community know your rom and can explain the features of this one, and can report bugs. I notice a few things i found, but well i really recommend make a thread good work dude! :)

Years
I test your Rom and i like it, i play until passing he first gym, i recommend you make a thread for all here in the community know your rom and can explain the features of this one, and can report bugs. I notice a few things i found, but well i really recommend make a thread good work dude! :)
Thanks. But what bugs did you find? Hmm ... I removed some things like for example PokeGear which did not work in LC. And I can not fix an intro-related bug ... Besides, I'm sure that my hack does not contain any other bugs that could stop the game. I added many things, but I also removed a few. It's a matter of taste. I did not make this hack for fans, but for my tastes.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Thanks. But what bugs did you find? Hmm ... I removed some things like for example PokeGear which did not work in LC. And I can not fix an intro-related bug ... Besides, I'm sure that my hack does not contain any other bugs that could stop the game. I added many things, but I also removed a few. It's a matter of taste. I did not make this hack for fans, but for my tastes.

Yooo man! I suggest you make a separate thread for your unofficial mod of liquid Crystal and replace the your link as it has a direct link to the ROM with am IPS patch. Linking ROMs is against the rules.
Also, I did play a bit of what you've done and I have a few questions:

1) does this intend to be a more closer remake of the original crystal?

2) Have you added new attacks?

3) are there reusable TMS?

the main reason I'm asking this is because desoiyt using Google translate to convert the polish text into English, some of it doesn't seem legible. Also, the sprites of the starters seem smaller than usual, do they get bigger as they evolve? Thank you.

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
Years
Will Team rocket be added ? (jesse james meowth)

Long ago i played the game and i liked it, but i think i played it when it was not completed hmm. (I might replay some day again.)

Years
Yooo man! I suggest you make a separate thread for your unofficial mod of liquid Crystal and replace the your link as it has a direct link to the ROM with am IPS patch. Linking ROMs is against the rules.
Also, I did play a bit of what you've done and I have a few questions:

1) does this intend to be a more closer remake of the original crystal?

2) Have you added new attacks?

3) are there reusable TMS?

the main reason I'm asking this is because desoiyt using Google translate to convert the polish text into English, some of it doesn't seem legible. Also, the sprites of the starters seem smaller than usual, do they get bigger as they evolve? Thank you.

Yes, there are new attacks. Yes, TM's are reusable. I tried to make a hack according to my preferences, but also which would be more accurate to the original. I did not create an IPS file.

Sorry, my English is not very good.

Will Team rocket be added ? (jesse james meowth)

Long ago i played the game and i liked it, but i think i played it when it was not completed hmm. (I might replay some day again.)

No. There are not three of them in my hack. This is not Liquid Crystal from LaZ. This hack is completely changed by me to make it look more like the original Crystal.

If the moderator accepts it soon, there will be a new thread of my hack. If I want to, I can share all the programs I have used. For me this game is over, but I have to go through it from the beginning to be sure. Think of it as a curiosity, for me it's the best hack. I created this hack according to my preferences, that's why everything in it is the most appropriate.

Last edited:

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
this looks cool. I never checked this out before because i thought it was just a complete crystal remake but theirs more to it. Man i'm for sure going to play this. And i'm also glad to hear your back in production. Have a great day.

Years
this looks cool. I never checked this out before because i thought it was just a complete crystal remake but theirs more to it. Man i'm for sure going to play this. And i'm also glad to hear your back in production. Have a great day.
It was not me who created Liquid Crystal. I have edited / improved LaZ's hack! ;)

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Yes, there are new attacks. Yes, TM's are reusable. I tried to make a hack according to my preferences, but also which would be more accurate to the original. I did not create an IPS file.

Sorry, my English is not very good.

Hey, I noticed something in which the back sprite of my starter Pokemon is extremely small. Does the size of the sprite jbecome bigger as it evolves?

Back