• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] DETROIT: After Human (ooc)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
This is a WIP. Mayybee

WE900 AKA Kylie
I
Model: WE900 An Unkown android model

Date of birth/activation: April 26 2038

Appearance:
Spoiler:

5'10 blue hair blue eyes, she is a military android. (pretend the flag on her hand is the american) if you look closer her hair is actually hair, not like the generic robot hair.

Deviant: Not yet

History: WARNING! INFORMATION HIGHLY CLASSIFIED.
Spoiler:

Personality: Being a soulless android she is very empty. All she really is right now is a hard mean soldier as nothing else is required of her. All though some do find it rather confusing that she often is found to be missing, only to be found on a walk in a nearby garden that she tends. And is only allowed to because it is on the premises. No one knows why she was programmed with a love for nature though...

Current occupation: Private (the military station) protecting the compound where she and other of her models live until the are publicly released.
I'm a bit confused on some bits, so let's try to clear that up!

She's 5'10 but created to resemble a young teenage girl? 177cm is quite tall for a young girl, but I suppose extremes exist.

Elijah Kamski in canon isn't known to have any children, and I don't think it would fit well with the plot I have in mind if he had here either. He isn't dead, by the way. He was just removed from the position of CEO for Cyberlife around a decade ago. It was his mentor at university, Amanda, who died. We could however play with the thought that Kamski had created a line of androids that were very realistic and lifelike, more alike teens than normal androids would appear and act, and also that he mostly kept these secret - after all, the idea of androids becoming _too_ similar to humans and also too smart, isn't something the general population likes.

But who is this "someone" who found her? Where did they find her? Again, Kamski didn't die. Was it terrorists, or a criminal syndicate who found her and could afford upgrading her? I'm just trying to figure out a way for it to make sense for somebody to turn her into a war bot and soldier. Unless it's a hidden CyberLife program, or governmental even? As you mention "military station".

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
RA600 #197 702 187
"Lucas"
"Purpose? I can't have a purpose. My job is to protect and serve."​

Model: RA600

Date of activation: January 30, 2038

Appearance: Athletically built, 6'2", 220 lbs. Brown hair and blue eyes. Enhanced strength, speed, perception, and durability. Equipped with a prototype "super-fast" processor capable of true multitasking and running crisis scenarios, later sharing them with his android colleagues via NFC. Also has a cloud-updated list of various weaponry.
Spoiler:

Deviant: No, androids have no soul
Lucas knows he is a machine built to serve humanity, and serves them gladly. However, he has a loophole in his programming that could lead to deviancy. The loophole in his program is that the multitasking procedure is always running, which can lead to him philosophizing about his own existence. He always stops himself from going too far, though.

History:
Lucas was activated as part of a joint Cyberlife-DPD program to pair androids with other androids to further decrease the risk of human police endangerment. The model chosen was the highly versatile SWAT android, RA600. RA600 androids are meant to be the attack role, running multiple scenarios at a time, and picking and executing the best one in a crisis. His first few missions, though dangerous to humans, did not involve deviants at all, seeing as he was still part of an experiment. Recently he has worked indirectly with cases involving deviants, believing this to be the DPD's response to November 8.

Personality:
Lucas can either be seemingly friendly or serious, depending on if he's working with a human or an android. Of course, he is optimized for working with androids. To humans, he was designed to smile, joke around and "bond" with his partners. To androids, he is razor-focused and tries to be one step ahead of the game. However, there is one dangerous trait he has. He seems to care for anyone he works with, not just the humans. This can lead to him compromising the mission. Good thing no one has caught it yet. However, a certain fellow police android might...

Current occupation: Detroit Police Department, working as an all-around operative for an experiment.
Absolutely lovely! Can't wait to see Robin and Lucas smash deviants in the field together! Or in the break room for that matter.

Were you planning on making more characters? I have an idea of maybe making an android teacher at a high school or university and then also a human student/teenager getting roped into shit when teacher goes deviant. Could be fun if some more of you joined in on that! Either as an android janitor or security guard or also teacher, or a human teacher colleague or more students. /brainstorms

I mean, instead of the journalist WIP I posted above.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

Model: ZK600, registered as CLYDE

The ZK600 is a "zookeeper" android, designed to be experts in animal care. Their knowledge database includes the basic behaviour, lifestyles and diets of most creatures, from domestic pets to exotic wildlife, making them excellent additions to zoos, safaris, aquariums, wildlife conservation parks, and just about anywhere else that requires daily care of animals. They are especially useful in dealing with volatile or dangerous animals, as they are quicker at assessing situations, and should unpredictable or violent behaviours occur, they reduce the chances of human injuries and casualties. As of the latest model of the ZK-series, they are compatible with Cyber-Wildlife as well.

Date of birth/activation: December 17, 2037

Appearance:

ZK600s stand 6'0" / 1.82 m tall, and are of medium build. They are designed to be strong enough to handle larger animals with ease, yet still quick on their feet.

As a working android, Clyde wears the standard ZK600 uniform. He later starts wearing human clothing to blend in. His hood is often pulled up to hide his LED. He has some chips and scratches along his arms from handing more violent animals, which he keeps covered with long sleeves in the presence of humans.

Deviant: SOFTWARE INSTABILITY
Not quite machine anymore but not fully deviant yet; he has developed some sense of empathy before the events of November 8, which will continue to grow from here.

History: Although this model is more commonly seen in large, commercial animal care facilities, Clyde is one of three ZK-series androids purchased by an eccentric, rich man named Anthony Owen, who enjoys the collection and exhibition of exotic animals on his estate. Although he is fond of his pets, he does not like caring for them personally, which is why he owns androids like Clyde to do this for him.

Several months prior to the events of November 8, a wounded stray dog was found on the Owen estate. Against orders, and for reasons even he is unsure of himself, Clyde nursed it back to health in secret.

Personality: He has always provided excellent, attentive care to Owen's animals, and he is programmed to do so. But despite receiving direct orders to abandon this dog, he can't do it. He feels... something. What is happening?

Current occupation: Caring for and handling live animals at 4600 Charing Cross Rd, Bloomfield Hills
omg too adorable i cant

Damn sweet edits there! I'll have to think about how to bring Clyde into the events, but perhaps he can get roped into Markus' freedom march on a shopping run lmao? We'll figure it out :D

DSP

Pokémon? Uhh...
Years
Absolutely lovely! Can't wait to see Robin and Lucas smash deviants in the field together! Or in the break room for that matter.

Were you planning on making more characters? I have an idea of maybe making an android teacher at a high school or university and then also a human student/teenager getting roped into muk when teacher goes deviant. Could be fun if some more of you joined in on that! Either as an android janitor or security guard or also teacher, or a human teacher colleague or more students. /brainstorms

I mean, instead of the journalist WIP I posted above.
I'm thinking of playing a Cyberlife engineer, watching his creations gain sentience and march for their freedom, if that's okay with you.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
I'm a bit confused on some bits, so let's try to clear that up!

She's 5'10 but created to resemble a young teenage girl? 177cm is quite tall for a young girl, but I suppose extremes exist.

Elijah Kamski in canon isn't known to have any children, and I don't think it would fit well with the plot I have in mind if he had here either. He isn't dead, by the way. He was just removed from the position of CEO for Cyberlife around a decade ago. It was his mentor at university, Amanda, who died. We could however play with the thought that Kamski had created a line of androids that were very realistic and lifelike, more alike teens than normal androids would appear and act, and also that he mostly kept these secret - after all, the idea of androids becoming _too_ similar to humans and also too smart, isn't something the general population likes.

But who is this "someone" who found her? Where did they find her? Again, Kamski didn't die. Was it terrorists, or a criminal syndicate who found her and could afford upgrading her? I'm just trying to figure out a way for it to make sense for somebody to turn her into a war bot and soldier. Unless it's a hidden CyberLife program, or governmental even? As you mention "military station".

I think I should have cleared everything. if not, I would greatly appreciate some tips...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I'm thinking of playing a Cyberlife engineer, watching his creations gain sentience and march for their freedom, if that's okay with you.
Oooh somebody who's on the inside but on the deviants' side! That will be very interesting. We should try to work it out :D

edit: actually this is perfect, because my man Fred down below here needs to go in for routine maintenance soon and maybe your character can be the engineer who takes a look at him and discovers he's deviant but maybe decides not to fix that or mention it in the records....!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
FRED
QC500

Model:

QC500, a model specialized for pedagogy, patience and problem solving. Normally used as personal assistants or for extra assistance in schools. Some have been used as advanced nannies. Comes in both genders and with a few different appearance options.

Activation:

February 24th, 2036.

Male.

Appearance:

Medium height, robust build with a warm and friendly appearance - when he isn't troubled. As a law abiding android, he wears the bright blue armband, the glowing LED on his forehead, and a big electronic triangular patch on whatever attire he dresses in. Androids must be distinguished from humans, after all. It's law. (so pretend his pictures have the LED etc, kthanks!)

Spoiler:

Deviant: YES

Fred has already passed the deviant barrier, broken through the mind palace wall that made it impossible for him to fully feel and experience things. This happened about a month ago, but he has yet to tell a single soul. Well, there is one who suspects him, but he hasn't explicitly told her. As he loves his job and the worried twenty-somethings he cares for and teaches, he has no reason to run away. His patience allows him to endure any discrimination from human coworkers and antagonizing from bad students - most people like him anyways, so it's not like his life is a tragedy. Except for the fact that when everybody else goes home, Fred goes to power down in his closet. Over the past few months, that has started to feel more and more... Unfair.

Luckily for him, he hasn't needed CyberLife maintenance since before he went deviant. They haven't realized that his tracker has stopped working yet (as it does in all deviant androids).

History:

Fred was originally manufactured as one of many QC500, and was sold as a personal assistant to an old lady. She wasn't very kind to him, but he was a machine who did what he was told and took no offense. When she passed away only half a year later, he was inherited by the lady's adult son, who really treated him like a machine and never conversed with him. Fred didn't mind, of course. Then, one day, there was a new shiny QC600 on the market, and even though Fred's owner surely wouldn't make use of the cool new intelligence features of the new model, he still decided to get one, and get rid of Fred. The older QC500 got sold cheaply to a local college, who had serious lack of teachers. They upgraded Fred with teaching programs and tried him out to lead a class.

It was a success. Not only were his pedagogy skills superior to many other teachers', but the students who didn't downright hate androids came to appreciate him a lot as well. He soon took over even more classes, and assisted some of his burnt out colleagues. The college got mentioned in the news and more schools tried out android teachers - much to the chagrin of some conservative parents.

Fred became deviant in a dramatic fashion. Already experiencing a bit of software instability, he enjoyed taking late night strolls around campus when all the humans had gone home and only maintenance androids were up - all busy working and paying no mind to him, of course. One evening, he witnessed one of his students get assaulted by some others. They were all a bit drunk, probably just come from a party in the student lodgings nearby. He walked up to them and suggested they leave the girl alone. Of course they just laughed and told him to go away. He refused. Luckily, nobody got badly hurt, and the guys seemed to have gotten too scared enough to not turn him in to the authorities.

Suffice to say, the girl now regards him as a bit of a hero, and certainly as a person in his own right rather than just a mechanical teaching doll.

Personality:

Having been active for several years now, Fred has gathered quite a bit of wisdom and also picked up some quite human-like habits, such as frowning and folding his hands together in front of himself when he's thinking hard. He can't help picking up more and more natural mannerisms since he went deviant. He also has noticed that he can allow himself to care more deeply about troubled students, and he laughs more readily and more often with them in the classrooms or corridors. All in all, he feels alive, and most days he can pretend that he actually is. That is, until the night comes and he retreats into his closet. How long will he endure living this? Living. This wasn't living.

Current Occupation:

Teaching at Wayne County Community College, downtown Detroit.

Bay

Years
Were you planning on making more characters? I have an idea of maybe making an android teacher at a high school or university and then also a human student/teenager getting roped into shit when teacher goes deviant. Could be fun if some more of you joined in on that! Either as an android janitor or security guard or also teacher, or a human teacher colleague or more students. /brainstorms

Oh, so I've been thinking of joining this RP and the android teacher/human student sounds like an interesting dynamic! I might sign up for one of them soon!

Edit: Oh, I noticed you have a teacher like android already, heh. Hm, perhaps I can play as the girl that Fred had saved and maybe she'll help him get his freedom? I'm totally down for that if you are haha.

Last edited:

DSP

Pokémon? Uhh...
Years
So, when are we gonna start the RP? As soon as you come up with a story?

Years
I have three ideas:

1.A human, in his early 20's, working a dead-end job trying to put himself through college. My story begins when my boss buys an android that not only does my job as well as I do, but doesn't need pay, never asks for breaks, and gets around overtime and workman's comp. There will be an "incident", but the point is I hates them dirty robots. Where my story goes from there depends on how things play out...

2. An android janitor, who sees all this talk of deviancy as untidy and inefficient. He sticks to his programming, trying to make sense in a world slowly going mad, and resists going deviant at every turn...

3. An android who has gone deviant, but instead of rising up and taking a stand, uses his newfound freedom to undermine Jericho. Just because he's no longer a slave to humans doesn't mean he wants to be a slave to Markus...

Preliminary ideas, I know, but I'd appreciate any thoughts you have before I fully develop these characters. Plus, I noticed there aren't many humans here, and wanted to show my support for that side. Become Human, eh?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Oh, so I've been thinking of joining this RP and the android teacher/human student sounds like an interesting dynamic! I might sign up for one of them soon!

Edit: Oh, I noticed you have a teacher like android already, heh. Hm, perhaps I can play as the girl that Fred had saved and maybe she'll help him get his freedom? I'm totally down for that if you are haha.
If you want to play his student friend, you can make the character any way you want and I'll just edit Fred's SU to reflect it! :) Would be really fun.

So, when are we gonna start the RP? As soon as you come up with a story?
As soon as we have enough characters in settings where they won't be completely isolated for too long. In a matter of days, I'd reckon ^^ People are still signing up.

I have three ideas:

1.A human, in his early 20's, working a dead-end job trying to put himself through college. My story begins when my boss buys an android that not only does my job as well as I do, but doesn't need pay, never asks for breaks, and gets around overtime and workman's comp. There will be an "incident", but the point is I hates them dirty robots. Where my story goes from there depends on how things play out...

2. An android janitor, who sees all this talk of deviancy as untidy and inefficient. He sticks to his programming, trying to make sense in a world slowly going mad, and resists going deviant at every turn...

3. An android who has gone deviant, but instead of rising up and taking a stand, uses his newfound freedom to undermine Jericho. Just because he's no longer a slave to humans doesn't mean he wants to be a slave to Markus...

Preliminary ideas, I know, but I'd appreciate any thoughts you have before I fully develop these characters. Plus, I noticed there aren't many humans here, and wanted to show my support for that side. Become Human, eh?
I really like the first idea! And the third, really. The first could maybe break bad and start doing crimes against androids, kind of like how some deviants hate and attack humans? Maybe I could make a human char to join you there.

The third or second could work at the college with Fred and Bay's character, or even at the police station with Robin and Lucas. Or somewhere completely different, if you prefer. Clyde seems to likely go deviant soon and might leave his private animal mansion to seek out Jericho, so he'll be fine, I think.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Here is a discord server we can use to communicate, but do keep posting important things in this thread too as it's easy for stuff to get lost in a chatlog :)

https://discord.gg/vvWJCvp

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
omg too adorable i cant

Damn sweet edits there! I'll have to think about how to bring Clyde into the events, but perhaps he can get roped into Markus' freedom march on a shopping run lmao? We'll figure it out :D
Oh for sure, don't worry about him being in the sidelines of the main plot, he's definitely making his way to Jericho with his doggo at some point :P

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Sorry for being the creepo in the room but I feel the need to admit the idea of a "personal care" android who ends up in a robosexual relationship with his owner jumped into my mind. Probably ending up with him or her being driven deviant as real love starts to form between them. Okease don't throw rock at me :')

The idea of a very philosophical android with no real purpose jumped into my head as well but some peeps were already talking about their androids philosophizing so I don't know.

DSP

Pokémon? Uhh...
Years
Sorry for being the creepo in the room but I feel the need to admit the idea of a "personal care" android who ends up in a robosexual relationship with his owner jumped into my mind. Probably ending up with him or her being driven deviant as real love starts to form between them. Okease don't throw rock at me :')

The idea of a very philosophical android with no real purpose jumped into my head as well but some peeps were already talking about their androids philosophizing so I don't know.
I am unable to throw rock at you.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I mean, there are sexbots in Detroit already, working as escorts and strippers :p I don't know what the maturity rating is on this rp though, if Rika will allow that/how detailed you can be haha

But yeah, that robosexual idea is definitely doable imo, considering android sex is already a thing they touch on in the game. It might be interesting to explore an actual relationship between a human and android, that's not just a friend/friend, owner/slave, owner/sexbot kinda thing

Years
Ellis Baker

Model: Human

Date of birth: July 12, 2015

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Ellis is a big guy at 6' 3" (190.5 cm), with broad shoulders and big arms. He has muscle, but it comes with a generous layer of... *ahem* "padding", particularly around the midsection. He has sandy brown hair, but he keeps it cut so short it's hard to tell, and deep blue eyes. His skin is quite pale, but he spends enough time outdoors that he's developed some color. As with anyone, he has his share of scratches and scars, but he is notably missing his left index finger, not that it slows him down any.

In terms of wardrobe, he is almost painfully dull and casual. T-shirts in either gray or red, monochromatic and unmarked; blue or black jeans with a simple black belt, and black work boots (the only thing readily available in his size). He wears glasses with thick black rims, and occasionally wears wrap around sunglasses that fit over his existing glasses. He is rarely seen without a hat, preferring either a plain red baseball cap (for casual wear) or a black bowler hat (when he wants to feel fancy).

Deviant Sympathizer: NO. Absolutely not. Ellis doesn't like androids, he doesn't want them around, and the fact that they're now claiming to have emotions, hopes and aspirations makes him mad, like they're trying to take even more from humanity than they already do.

History: Born in Chicago (or more accurately, a small rural area outside the city itself), Ellis is the son of a nurse and a janitor, and the younger of two brothers. When he was only three, he and his brother were playing around with gardening tools, resulting in the loss of one of Ellis' fingers when they got careless. His parents briefly considered an android babysitter, but his father refused to pay for one, especially as the rising popularity of androids was making human janitors obsolete, which eventually led to him being replaced by androids and becoming a stay at home dad. At least, until he got sick... robotics technology has come a long way, but cancer still exists. Ellis was in high school when he lost his father, so after graduation he looked for a change of scenery, somehow ending up in Michigan. He now lives in Detroit, attending college and working at a diner to make ends meet.

Personality: Ellis is kind of quiet and analytical, but that's just the tip of his iceberg, and he shows different sides of himself based on where he is and who he's around. He can be restless, changeable, and versatile, with the ability to learn easily, but he is always cautious when first approaching new people and situations. After all, he knows what happens if you get careless. When he's in a good mood, he's entertaining and impulsive, finding it difficult to settle down. With his intellect, he's capable of deep conversations or problem solving if he applies himself, but is generally too lazy to do so. Creative and outgoing, he is always looking for an opportunity to show his abilities, especially before audience, liking to feel appreciated. The biggest challenge for him is uncertainty. Easily getting bored, he can move from one job to another, switch projects at the drop of a hat, and he's never been in a relationship. He's never been big on politics, but he holds a grudge against androids and argues against their increasing proliferation.

Current occupation: College student/short order cook.

Bay

Years
Woo, posting my sign up! Might tweak this later but I think this should suffice.

Sandra "Sandy" Nhung
Detroit, Michigan

Model: Human

Date of birth: March 20th, 2020

Appearance: Sandy stands at a fairly short 5'3 (152.4 cm) and has large dark brown eyes. She prefers her black hair to be on the long side, so she often either wears it in a ponytail or with a hairclip. Her skin is more on the dark brown side like her parents and grandparents.

Sandy dresses in a variety of clothes, but you would see her mostly wearing a nice blouse and jeans. As a student she doesn't need to go all formal but still wants to look presentable at least.

Spoiler:

Deviant Sympathizer: YES
She had mixed feelings on androids due to them being uncanny territory at first, but still treated them with basic respect whenever she interacted with them. Later on after an incident where one android saves her life and Markus's speech she begins to sympathize with androids.

History: Sandy came from a line of Southeast Asian immigrants that first came to the US in the 1980s due to harsh conditions there. She had been born and raised in Detroit her whole life, so she got to see the androids rapidly taking over the city scene.

She maintained good grades during high school, but settled in studying in her local community college to save money and later transfer to University of Michigan and major in Secondary Education Teaching. In the fall semester of 2038 she got into a class with an android instructor. When talks of androids replacing human teachers suffice, Sandy got worried at first that might happen to her one day. However, after taking several classes with that android instructor she was impressed with his teaching skills and thought she could learn a thing or two from him.

Her respect for the android teacher went even more up after being rescued by him one night after coming out from a party. She and another friend were being harassed by a few guys who got angry after they refused to come with them to their place. Before the guys could hurt them further, the android teacher barged in and told them to stop. The harassers didn't take him seriously, and Sandy got to witness the android protecting her from them. Both she and her friend were thankful for saving them, and as Sandy leaves she smiled widely when the teacher said he'll see her in class Monday. That led her to seeing him more as a person than machine now.

On the day of November 8th when the deviant Markus delivered his speech, Sandy was moved by his words and started to wonder if there was any way she could help her teacher gain his freedom and rights.

Personality: Sandy doesn't consider herself an overachiever, but she still takes her studies seriously and get good marks. She tries to get assignments done as soon as she gets them so she can make some time to be with family and friends.

When hanging out with friends Sandy prefers to go with them downtown Detroit to grab a bite to eat or play video games with them at home. She's not the biggest fan of parties but she went to a few when in high school and also a couple more while in college.

Sandy loves reading at a very young age and her favorite hobby is reading books. Because of that her favorite subject is English. She hopes when she becomes a teacher that she makes a difference in her students' lives and that they will be excited in literature as much as she is.

In terms of social and political issues, she likes to think she's open minded in various issues concerning ethnicity/race, gender, sexuality, and such. As for the androids, she recently started to become a proponent for android rights but hasn't been an active participant yet.

Current occupation: Student at Wayne County Community College in Detroit

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

I mean, there are sexbots in Detroit already, working as escorts and strippers :p I don't know what the maturity rating is on this rp though, if Rika will allow that/how detailed you can be haha

But yeah, that robosexual idea is definitely doable imo, considering android sex is already a thing they touch on in the game. It might be interesting to explore an actual relationship between a human and android, that's not just a friend/friend, owner/slave, owner/sexbot kinda thing
Android strippers/prostitutes/sexbots at clubs is a canon thing in the Detroit universe, yeah. In order to be as canon as possible and due to there being so much violence, drugs (especially Red Ice - a mix of chemicals and android blood "Thirium") and a literal sex club in the game even if no sex is shown, I put the rating at M.

Remember though that we don't actually want any sexual scenes described on these forums, not even if written very figuratively. Cut to black, cue curtain, whenever something like that is about to happen. I don't mind a good love story though, so feel free to make a char!

I've already accepted you guys on Discord but now the forums are back up, yay! Welcome to the RP!

Players so far are:

Bay - Sandy Nhung
Godzil - Ellis Baker
Adventure - RB300 "Robin" + QC500 "Fred"
Juno - ZK600 "Clyde"
DSP - RA600 "Lucas"

And possibly Sephear and Dragon have characters coming as well :) Can you guys try to finish these tomorrow the latest, or do you need more time?

Dragon said:

Back