• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Character(s)?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
latest

If there was a character you could safely call a "favourite", or one you would say is the best character in the anime, who would it be, and why? What do they add to the show to make it more enjoyable for you? Feel free to discuss!​

Years
Probably Lillie for me. She's shy but also strong-willed and eager to do her best. Her design is cute (bonus!) and she's got an interesting family as well as a good backstory. not to mention...

fWZqBcs.gif

that ice cold gaze (poor mamane)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Man... this is a toughie. Yet I'll have to go with Serena on this one. Owns Sylveon, had crush on main protagonist(wherein she kissed said protagonist), had memorable Episodes with Miette(also Shauna in XY89) and has tons of room to grow seeing as she still has three spots open on her team.

May and Dawn deserve some recognition though.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Probably Lillie for me. She's shy but also strong-willed and eager to do her best. Her design is cute (bonus!) and she's got an interesting family as well as a good backstory. not to mention...

fWZqBcs.gif

that ice cold gaze (poor mamane)

I think Acerola has her beat on the gaze.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
Paul, from way back in Gen 4. He's a really cool rival that was very well written.
In fact, I'd say he's the best rival so far-- and I don't think that's an unpopular opinion.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Ha, I am completely biased and choose Serena. I could explain, but i'll just leave it with that.

Last edited:
Years
Paul for sure,he brought a dark and serious tone to the anime in the DP series,power obsessed trainer who would do anything to win in battles and expect his pokemon to be top notch.Majority of his pokemon are powerhouses/tanks that have status moves/abilities.

His attitude and methods forced Ash to become a better trainer/battler especially since he kept losing to Paul before the league.He's the greatest rival ever in the pokemon anime and the best battler in the entire pokemon anime.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Dawn is my favourite, because her development was the best out of any character and she was very determined and never gave up, even when times were tough, and she was always willing to try something new. Dawn is my girlfriend's favourite character as well.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
When it comes to main characters, I guess Dawn. Dawn was really neat. :3 If it counts towards this thread, too, though, Korrina is my absolute MOST favorite and her arc was soooo cool to me! :3 x3; and i have a crush on her...o///o;

Last edited:
Years
Misty. She served an important purpose of calling Ash's stupidity out which was a key part in the show actually being somewhat enjoyable. Honorable mention to Iris for the same reason.

Also Cilan was much better than Brock. That being in love with every female 'character of the day' shtick got old very fast and I appreciated Cilan's upbeat enthusiastic and friendly attitude. The Best Wishes trio had good chemistry together.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Bonnie is my favorite. She's so cute! It's actually her strength and determination that really make me adore her though!

Spoiler:

This is what really made me adore so much. Her strength and determination, even while her best friend is tearing apart her world... and she is still determined to save it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
For me it has always been James ever since I started watching Pokemon way back when. I don't know what it is that drew me to him. I think its because he tries to be a bad guy but doesn't really work. He has to much of a heart to be evil.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Casually reviving this because I was going to make the same thread then decided to look first lmao.

Mine is Ash (as if that wasn't obvious). I could go on as to why I love the kid that many people seem to dislike (and yet still watch the anime??) but his courage, spirit, and his bonds with both pokemon and humans alike are just a few things as to why haha.

Other than Ash it's mm... hard to say. Cilan probably if I had to be honest. Though Kiawe might actually beat out Cilan for me as I've been reaaally enjoying his character in Sun/Moon.

Years
within usum, i think my favorite characters are sophocles and kiawe. since they're one of the most hilarious characters in the anime.

Last edited:

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
Years
For companions, I'd have to think it over.

For mons, I'd say the following by series.
Gen 1: Bulbasaur
Gen 2: Heracross
Gen 3: Sceptile
Gen 4: Torterra, Buizel, or Gliscore
Gen 5: TEPIG!!!!
Gen 6: Hawlucha
Gen 7: Litten so far

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Oh absolutely Shinji/Paul. He's such a dark character and I love the Chimchar arc he brought about. Such a powerful and intense arc. No other character has ever matched Shinji's intensity and he's an unexplored gold mine of character development. We never find out exactly why he dislikes his brother, why he's so harsh and cold. But MAN is his ever savage. Especially in the English version. Paul is way more savage than Shinji. Shinji is more aloof and opinionated. Paul is straight a jerkass. But I love it.

And then my second favorite character is, paradoxically, Jun/Barry. He's so adorkable in both the games and the anime. High-strung and reckless and funny as hecc. I cannot get enough of his voice and antics in the anime, specifically the Japanese version. Jun's voice is lovely. Barry's voice makes me want to gouge out my cochlear with rusty nails. :D

Back