• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Street Pass Idea (Too late)

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
Years
do you think it would have been great if when street passing you wonder traded with the person you street passed with.

Like you had a special wonder trade box and it took a random one from yours and a random one from there's and put into your normal pc (so that it doesn't trade what you received)

what do you guys think?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It could definitely work. Since this would be automatic, it'd be reducing a lot of hassle for us from Wonder Trading; we wouldn't have to do anything ourselves. Just street-pass, and you're good to go. If it were to actually exist, though, I think there should definitely be some indicator of sorts to notify us that the system's Wonder Traded and whatnot. :P

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
It sounds like an awesome idea, I love it. But like all StreetPass functions, it would really only work to its full potential in Japan, where everyone seems to have a 3DS.

(Seriously, when I was in Tokyo it was incredible how many StreetPasses I would get in a day. I'd sometimes get close to 100, although admittedly I spent a lot of time wandering around the streets and on the metro.)

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
Years
It could definitely work. Since this would be automatic, it'd be reducing a lot of hassle for us from Wonder Trading; we wouldn't have to do anything ourselves. Just street-pass, and you're good to go. If it were to actually exist, though, I think there should definitely be some indicator of sorts to notify us that the system's Wonder Traded and whatnot. :P

when you start up you get a message saying congrats you got this pokemon for this pokemon from this person. similar to the streetpass welcome gate in plaza

It sounds like an awesome idea, I love it. But like all StreetPass functions, it would really only work to its full potential in Japan, where everyone seems to have a 3DS.

(Seriously, when I was in Tokyo it was incredible how many StreetPasses I would get in a day. I'd sometimes get close to 100, although admittedly I spent a lot of time wandering around the streets and on the metro.)

I get like 20-40 a day on my train journeys to and from work because a lot of the train stations are nintendo zones

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
This sounds like an awesome idea :D
It would be a lot of fun to prepare a box with pokemon to trade away and get something nice in exchange without having to do anything.

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
Years
This sounds like an awesome idea :D
It would be a lot of fun to prepare a box with pokemon to trade away and get something nice in exchange without having to do anything.

maybe for gen 7/XY2/Z if we can get a message to nintendo :)

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I thought street pass was limited to a maximum of 10 at a time? Anyway, the inherent problem with that is if you do get a wonder trade in your box, what happens when you street pass multiple times, does the first or second pokemon you got in a wonder trade end up getting traded again so you never know you had them in the first place?

The thing I would have liked is if they had done it like the in game trainers so each person you street pass with gets saved and the next time you are both online at the same time you can battle each other just like if you had encountered the trainer in game. But really, ANYTHING other than pokemiles would have been great. I so rarely get a street pass with this game and when I do I get a whopping 1 pokemile. Whoop de ding!

Elements1

Meh
Years
I suppose this could work, but it's limited for a lot of people. Pokemon is aimed at kids, and I know most kids can't take their 3ds to school and such. I like the theory I don't see it happening though.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Yes, I definitely think that would be a good idea! :D I'd love to give away spitbacks to people and I think the fact that there's less anonimity means that less people would streetpass-wondertrade lv2 Pidgey.

I usually get 10+ street passes at college/university, so it'd be relevant for me. But then again, usually less than half of those streetpasses have Pokemon XY being played...

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
Years
I suppose this could work, but it's limited for a lot of people. Pokemon is aimed at kids, and I know most kids can't take their 3ds to school and such. I like the theory I don't see it happening though.

surely that's the same with a lot of in-game street pass functions though. but they'll still get used.

I thought street pass was limited to a maximum of 10 at a time? Anyway, the inherent problem with that is if you do get a wonder trade in your box, what happens when you street pass multiple times, does the first or second pokemon you got in a wonder trade end up getting traded again so you never know you had them in the first place?

street pass plaza is limited to 10 as well as some other games but x/y is 99 and animal crossing is 20 so the in-game street passes are different to the plaza.
also the box you have prepared for wonder trading the pokemon if you only had 2 in the box and met 3 people you'd just get the pokemiles and not the wonder trade as the first one is gone. The pokemon you obtained from wonder trade would go into a "streetpass box" similar to the transfer box in pokemon bank

Last edited:
Years
StreetPass would've been a nice idea to download opponent's teams, buy items, receive gifts, etc. (If you've played Fire Emblem Awakening, you'd have a general idea of what I'm talking about)

I was disappointed when I found out XY didn't utilize StreetPass at all.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
StreetPass would've been a nice idea to download opponent's teams, buy items, receive gifts, etc. (If you've played Fire Emblem Awakening, you'd have a general idea of what I'm talking about)

I was disappointed when I found out XY didn't utilize StreetPass at all.

well I wouldn't say AT ALL, just not very much. I would imagine if you travelled and street passed with people who's 3DS region settings were far away from where your 3DS region settings are you would get more pokemiles than just the 1 or 2 you get when street passing with people all in the same regional setting.

Back