Pokémon Strategies and Movesets Post your team lineups, get your team rated or rate other teams, talk about lineups, talk about moves/movesets, strategies, etc. For general talk about the games, go to the respective Pokémon game forums.

Draconius GO
View Poll Results: S+M staff are great
Yes 2,147,483,647 100.00%
Yes 999 100.00%
No 0 0%
Maybe 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 22nd, 2009 (7:15 PM).
Oh geez, look what I made.....

Nature: Bashful
    OK, so I imported a Teddiursa that knows Dynamicpunch from my Emerald, as well as a Smeargle that I caught that sketched Dynamicpunch. Any way that I can breed to get another Teddiursa to have that move?

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 22nd, 2009 (7:40 PM).
    Retired

Nature: Relaxed
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Ikitsumi View Post
      OK, so I imported a Teddiursa that knows Dynamicpunch from my Emerald, as well as a Smeargle that I caught that sketched Dynamicpunch. Any way that I can breed to get another Teddiursa to have that move?
      I don't think so, DynamicPunch is a move tutor move from Emerald and I don't think it can be bred down. Sorry =(
      Old September 23rd, 2009 (2:15 PM).

• Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
      Anyone have any good pokemon for an OU sunnyday team?
      Old September 23rd, 2009 (2:23 PM).
      Probably hates you.
      • Gold Tier

Nature: Impish
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Psychometric. View Post
      Anyone have any good pokemon for an OU sunnyday team?
      Heatran, Eggy, Victreebel, Tangrowth etc.

Basically fire pokes and pokes with chlorophyll .

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
      Old September 23rd, 2009 (3:27 PM).
      We're A-Comin', Princess!

VIIIIIIIIIIIIILPLUUUUUUUME.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
        Old September 23rd, 2009 (3:50 PM).

• Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by sims796 View Post
        VIIIIIIIIIIIIILPLUUUUUUUME.
        I have already chosen him! One of the integral members of the team. :D
        Old September 23rd, 2009 (3:58 PM).
        I > U for all real values of U

Nature: Quiet
          After spraining my ankle I haven't been able to move around my dorms that much, so I decided to start applying my skill Computer Science to Pokemon. With the lack of anything better to do with my spare time I decided to start making a piece of software to make Pokemon Move/EV sets. Anyways I need help on two fronts, neither requires knowledge about computers.

I haven't played a Pokemon since about November. And I haven't been Shoddybattle for a while longer. So my knowledge of the current Meta-game is well... umm non-existent. So what I am asking for is this.

-A basic list of the most common OU sweepers and walls/bulky, no more then 30(?).
          -A basic list of common moves that will be used competitively, by either the Pokemon in question and the test Pokemon.

Thank you to the moderator that approves this, and Thank your to who ever actually helps me. In the mean time, I'll start making a AI that can battle worth crap...

"Let him not vow to walk in the dark, who has not seen the nightfall."
          Old September 24th, 2009 (6:20 AM).
          provider of cake
          • Crystal Tier

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Valarauca View Post
          After spraining my ankle I haven't been able to move around my dorms that much, so I decided to start applying my skill Computer Science to Pokemon. With the lack of anything better to do with my spare time I decided to start making a piece of software to make Pokemon Move/EV sets. Anyways I need help on two fronts, neither requires knowledge about computers.

I haven't played a Pokemon since about November. And I haven't been Shoddybattle for a while longer. So my knowledge of the current Meta-game is well... umm non-existent. So what I am asking for is this.

-A basic list of the most common OU sweepers and walls/bulky, no more then 30(?).
          -A basic list of common moves that will be used competitively, by either the Pokemon in question and the test Pokemon.

Thank you to the moderator that approves this, and Thank your to who ever actually helps me. In the mean time, I'll start making a AI that can battle worth crap...
          http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=168147

Threats in the OU Metagame, this thread will show you what you're most likely to see in competitive battles in terms of both common pokemon and movesets :D

Old September 24th, 2009 (8:08 AM).
          I > U for all real values of U

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Aurafire View Post
            http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=168147

Threats in the OU Metagame, this thread will show you what you're most likely to see in competitive battles in terms of both common pokemon and movesets :D
            Thanks, I guess I'll just adhoc some defensive sets from what smogon has in there pokedex

"Let him not vow to walk in the dark, who has not seen the nightfall."
            Old September 24th, 2009 (11:52 AM).
            Space Lion

Nature: Jolly
              Here's a question. For my OU Baton Pass team, which would you recommend: Togekiss with BP and the normal Serene Grace stuff, or Drifblim with Unburden and a Leichi berry with Sub, Calm Mind/Stockpile, BP and Shadow Ball/TB? My idea for this is to provide a late game boost to my sweeper, most likely Electivire or Porygon-Z.

As always, thank you, PC'ers, for tolerating the crap that comes out of my mouth.
              Old September 24th, 2009 (12:00 PM).
              Conservative Patriot
              • Platinum Tier

Hi, I'm doing a Psyhic mono team (If you know me then you would know I've being working on perfecting this team for awhile but that's besides the point)
              Right now I'm going over team synergy mostlty how each Pokemon's movesets cover Ghost, Dark, and Bug types, which are Psychic's there weaknesses.

Here are my two options and what I've figured are the pros and cons of each, involving the movesets between Cresselia and Gallade:

1) Run Signal Beam on Cresselia and Night Slash on Gallade
              Option 1 gives Gallade coverage against Ghost-types. However I really don't see how this will save him since his Speed is horribly slow. Shadow Sneak I've found
              the damage output to be too disappointing on my Jolly Gallade to use, and he needs to be Jolly to outspeed Adamant Luke. Most Ghost-types I've assumed will GG Gallade before he even gets the chance to Slash them due to his above mentioned disappointing speed.

2) Run T-Wave on Cresselia and X-Scissor on Gallade.
              The reason why I want X-Scissor is to have a way to get rid of Celebi. Other than X-Scissor on Gallade or Signal Beam on Cresselia, the only other Bug move I have is U-Turn on Jirachi. This gives my team T-Wave support to help Gallade manage with his bad Speed stat, but at the cost of the move Night Slash.

So in order to make my decision I need to know:
              1) Is Jolly Gallade (252 Speed EVs for reference) too slow to carry Night Slash because faster Darks will dispove of him first?
              2) How much damage will Jolly Gallade (252 Attack EVs, Life Orb) do to Celebi using Night Slash if I use that over X-Scissor.
              3) Signal Beam allows Cress to put a dent in enemy Darks, but if Night Slash will do respectable damage to Celebi even if X-Scissor is axed, I probably will use T-Wave.

Movesets for reference:

Cresselia @ Leftovers
              Modest nature
              EVs: 252 HP/152 Defense/32 Sp Attack/72 Sp Defense
              Moves:
              -Psychic
              -Ice Beam
              -Lunar Dance
              -Signal Beam / Thunder Wave

Gallade @ Life Orb
              Jolly nature
              EVs: 6 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
              Moves:
              -Psycho Cut
              -Close Combat
              -Stone Edge
              -Night Slash / X-Scissor
              Old September 24th, 2009 (12:17 PM).
              • Super Moderator
              • Battle Server Staff
              • Crystal Tier

@ ChronicEdge: I'm not experienced with Baton Pass teams so I can't suggest anything.

Quote:
              1) Is Jolly Gallade (252 Speed EVs for reference) too slow to carry Night Slash because faster Darks will dispove of him first?
              There is still Rotom-A (who is really common right now), Dusknoir, Spiritomb, Cresselia, Starmie, etc. CC + Night Slash hits everything for at least neutral except Heracross and Gallade, so it's really useful.

Quote:
              2) How much damage will Jolly Gallade (252 Attack EVs, Life Orb) do to Celebi using Night Slash if I use that over X-Scissor.
              Night Slash
              349 Atk vs 319 Def & 404 HP (70 Base Power): 144 - 170 (35.64% - 42.08%)

X-Scissor
              349 Atk vs 319 Def & 404 HP (80 Base Power): 328 - 388 (81.19% - 96.04%)

Quote:
              3) Signal Beam allows Cress to put a dent in enemy Darks, but if Night Slash will do respectable damage to Celebi even if X-Scissor is axed, I probably will use T-Wave.

Movesets for reference:

Cresselia @ Leftovers
              Modest nature
              EVs: 252 HP/152 Defense/32 Sp Attack/72 Sp Defense
              Moves:
              -Psychic
              -Ice Beam
              -Lunar Dance
              -Signal Beam / Thunder Wave

Gallade @ Life Orb
              Jolly nature
              EVs: 6 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
              Moves:
              -Psycho Cut
              -Close Combat
              -Stone Edge
              -Night Slash / X-Scissor
              Thunder Wave would be nice on Cresselia mainly because it would be set-up fodder without it for stuff like Gyarados. :[ And, even if you can hit Dark-types with Signal Beam, you wouldn't want to stay in on them regardless because you will be at risk of being OHKOed. So, Thunder Wave is a lot more useful in my opinion, and Gallade makes good use of it.
              Old September 24th, 2009 (12:25 PM).
              Conservative Patriot
              • Platinum Tier

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Wolf. View Post
              @ ChronicEdge: I'm not experienced with Baton Pass teams so I can't suggest anything.

There is still Rotom-A (who is really common right now), Dusknoir, Spiritomb, Cresselia, Starmie, etc. CC + Night Slash hits everything for at least neutral except Heracross and Gallade, so it's really useful.

Night Slash
              349 Atk vs 319 Def & 404 HP (70 Base Power): 144 - 170 (35.64% - 42.08%)

X-Scissor
              349 Atk vs 319 Def & 404 HP (80 Base Power): 328 - 388 (81.19% - 96.04%)

Thunder Wave would be nice on Cresselia mainly because it would be set-up fodder without it for stuff like Gyarados. :[ And, even if you can hit Dark-types with Signal Beam, you wouldn't want to stay in on them regardless because you will be at risk of being OHKOed. So, Thunder Wave is a lot more useful in my opinion, and Gallade makes good use of it.
              So I guess Option 1 is the verdict here. I'm only afraid that Celebi remains a threat. Without any bug moves besides U-Turn on my Jirachi. ]

Night Slash does hit Gallade neutral and Hera is killed by Psycho Cut. Can someone also run how much Timid Alakazam does to Celebi using Shadow Ball.

I know X-Scissor can OHKO Celebi after SR damage and Night Slash can probably 2KO.
              Old September 24th, 2009 (12:28 PM).
              Probably hates you.
              • Gold Tier

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ChronicEdge View Post
              Here's a question. For my OU Baton Pass team, which would you recommend: Togekiss with BP and the normal Serene Grace stuff, or Drifblim with Unburden and a Leichi berry with Sub, Calm Mind/Stockpile, BP and Shadow Ball/TB? My idea for this is to provide a late game boost to my sweeper, most likely Electivire or Porygon-Z.
              The idea is to use GOOD sweepers who arent walled by everything, on baton pass teams.

Metagross and Lucario are MUCH better recipitants.

Old September 24th, 2009 (12:39 PM).
              • Super Moderator
              • Battle Server Staff
              • Crystal Tier

Quote:
              Night Slash does hit Gallade neutral and Hera is killed by Psycho Cut.
              Oh wait, I meant Toxicroak and Heracross lol. :x

Quote:
              Can someone also run how much Timid Alakazam does to Celebi using Shadow Ball.
              With LO: 369 Atk vs 236 Def & 404 HP (80 Base Power): 236 - 278 (58.42% - 68.81%)

Quote:
              I know X-Scissor can OHKO Celebi after SR damage and Night Slash can probably 2KO.
              Yeah, two switches into SR and it probably 2HKOs (not including Leftovers though).
              Old September 24th, 2009 (12:46 PM).
              Conservative Patriot
              • Platinum Tier

Quote:
              Oh wait, I meant Toxicroak and Heracross lol. :x

With LO: 369 Atk vs 236 Def & 404 HP (80 Base Power): 236 - 278 (58.42% - 68.81%)

Yeah, two switches into SR and it probably 2HKOs (not including Leftovers though).
              Based on those calculations I should be using Zam to off Celebi not Gallade. Though Gallade may be able to manage after Celebi has been paralyzed by T-Wave so he can outspeed it but I'll be using Zam Shadow Ball against it since its a for sure 2KO, probably even after Leftovers.

Thanks.
              Old September 24th, 2009 (1:53 PM).
              Master of the Elements
              • Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
              Celebi has Natural Cure so it can switch out and get rid of its paralysis.
              Old September 24th, 2009 (2:16 PM).
              Probably hates you.
              • Gold Tier

Quote:
              Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
              Based on those calculations I should be using Zam to off Celebi not Gallade. Though Gallade may be able to manage after Celebi has been paralyzed by T-Wave so he can outspeed it but I'll be using Zam Shadow Ball against it since its a for sure 2KO, probably even after Leftovers.

Thanks.

Celebi commonly carries T-Wave + Reflect these days so it basically can cripple you worse than you can cripple it.

Old September 24th, 2009 (3:44 PM).
              • Super Moderator
              • Battle Server Staff
              • Crystal Tier

Is Magnezone + Magneton considered breaking the Species Clause?
              Old September 24th, 2009 (3:51 PM).
              Probably hates you.
              • Gold Tier

Quote:
              Nope, since technically they are different pokes. Its just the same pokes that break it.

Old September 24th, 2009 (3:53 PM).
              Retired

Nature: Relaxed
                Quote:
                Quote:
                Smogon Definition - Two or more of the same Pokémon may not be used on the same team.
                I'm pretty sure that doesn't break it, the clause only states the same Pokemon.

EDIT : Beaten
                Old September 24th, 2009 (3:57 PM).
                Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
                • Crystal Tier

The official rule on that is if the pokemon don't have the same pokedex number, then they are different species.
                Old September 24th, 2009 (5:18 PM).
                I'm back. I think.

Nature: Calm
                  How many Sp.Atk EVs does a Sceptile need to guarantee an OHKO on the standard Mixpert?

Check out my food blog if you're not busy.

Old September 24th, 2009 (6:53 PM).
                  provider of cake
                  • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Skip Shot View Post
                  How many Sp.Atk EVs does a Sceptile need to guarantee an OHKO on the standard Mixpert?
                  With which attack?

Leaf Storm is a clean OHKO without any Special Attack EVs, and I doubt you need any significant EV investment for Energy Ball to OHKO. Calc said it did like 99% minimum to Max HP Swampert.

Old September 24th, 2009 (6:55 PM).
                  I'm back. I think.

Nature: Calm
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Aurafire View Post
                    With which attack?

Leaf Storm is a clean OHKO without any Special Attack EVs, and I doubt you need any significant EV investment for Energy Ball to OHKO. Calc said it did like 99% minimum to Max HP Swampert.
                    Oh, oops. With Leaf Storm and a neutral nature. Thanks.

Check out my food blog if you're not busy.

Quick Reply