• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Litharreon

Years
I'm up to Aridger town which has the awesome Pyrite town music, good choice there :). Unless I'm mistaken, I need to see Looker for that museum thing and I guess it's at the house at the north but I can't cross the bridge to go there, is that normal ?

Also I don't see the point of the old lady and drowsee thing. What are we supposed to do in our subconscious ?

Sorry if these sound like stupid questions.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I'm up to Aridger town which has the awesome Pyrite town music, good choice there :). Unless I'm mistaken, I need to see Looker for that museum thing and I guess it's at the house at the north but I can't cross the bridge to go there, is that normal ?

Also I don't see the point of the old lady and drowsee thing. What are we supposed to do in our subconscious ?

Sorry if these sound like stupid questions.

yay wasnt expecting this much progress to be done so soon
I noticed the bridge thing happening last night
and I havent done much with her be its supposed to be something, sorry for that

try hanging around that town for now, I'm planning on 4.2 with some added trainers and fixed bugs x.x

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Really liking the look of this game, the pacing looks great. Is this a throwback to Zelda by any chance? It's somewhat reminiscent of the older games. Anyway, I'm looking forward to giving this one a whirl some time soon. Best of luck!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Really liking the look of this game, the pacing looks great. Is this a throwback to Zelda by any chance? It's somewhat reminiscent of the older games. Anyway, I'm looking forward to giving this one a whirl some time soon. Best of luck!

Thanks! I actually have some new ideas that can help flesh out the game and really tie the whole thing together, and yes, it is a throwback, even borderline plagiarism, as he gives you the sword pokemon honedge hahaha - in addition to my countless outfits I'm planning on adding, Link is one of them :P

I hope you enjoy it when you have the time! and thanks for the kind words, I'll be doing some polishing this week, and should finish of V4 with 4.2 with some bug fixes, added trainers, and some little stuff

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
well i was using win 8 i think i figured problem. the problem is i was running windows 8 and had to set game to xp mode. should fix compatibility issues.

windows 7-8 users
Check boxes in the properties are set to Compatability Mode Windows XP (service pack 2)
Even if already on the Admin User account just in case check the box to 'Run as Administrator'.

(i was idiot and didnt think to check xp compatibility sorry bout that hope that helps if others dont think to do it either)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
well i was using win 8 i think i figured problem. the problem is i was running windows 8 and had to set game to xp mode. should fix compatibility issues.

windows 7-8 users
Check boxes in the properties are set to Compatability Mode Windows XP (service pack 2)
Even if already on the Admin User account just in case check the box to 'Run as Administrator'.

(i was idiot and didnt think to check xp compatibility sorry bout that hope that helps if others dont think to do it either)

it looked like some kind of admin problem, glad you got it working, I hope you enjoy it!

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
i know it stretch but you can have 16 badges in other ways or even 32. imagine this you said you have time travel in game mind you you can have post game or after first 8 badges he end up back time and he can get 8 badges in past. post war or such. this way you can have him travel between past future and collect 16 badges past and present. new gym leaders and such due to past/present.

i dont know how your game will progress within future betas and i not saying use my idea but it just an idea to thow out there.

also in cyan town guy says dont go in my house i added pic i made adding house and tree with cut. this way you can have cut to get to tm and maybe have guy say something else later with item or such.
seen as guy says dont enter my house but there no house. and of course it just idea and such so pic isnt to code.

---------
if you to prof. place talk to her then leave building you get 5 pokeballs but if you walk back inside talk to her again or just go near her then leave building the aid will give you another 5 pokeballs.
repeat by going out then back in then out to get unlimited pokeballs.

but another part to glitch if u go to the mat get 5 pokeballs and walk of mat instead leaving building once you get back on the mat game will freeze when guy is bout to give 5 more pokeballs.

dunno how else to explain it unless you try yourself. (Due to this is not on gba emulator dunno how to take video for you forgive me if i didnt explain glitch part well)

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
i know it stretch but you can have 16 badges in other ways or even 32. imagine this you said you have time travel in game mind you you can have post game or after first 8 badges he end up back time and he can get 8 badges in past. post war or such. this way you can have him travel between past future and collect 16 badges past and present. new gym leaders and such due to past/present.

i dont know how your game will progress within future betas and i not saying use my idea but it just an idea to thow out there.

also in cyan town guy says dont go in my house i added pic i made adding house and tree with cut. this way you can have cut to get to tm and maybe have guy say something else later with item or such.
seen as guy says dont enter my house but there no house. and of course it just idea and such so pic isnt to code.

---------
if you to prof. place talk to her then leave building you get 5 pokeballs but if you walk back inside talk to her again or just go near her then leave building the aid will give you another 5 pokeballs.
repeat by going out then back in then out to get unlimited pokeballs.

but another part to glitch if u go to the mat get 5 pokeballs and walk of mat instead leaving building once you get back on the mat game will freeze when guy is bout to give 5 more pokeballs.

dunno how else to explain it unless you try yourself. (Due to this is not on gba emulator dunno how to take video for you forgive me if i didnt explain glitch part well)
I like the way my gyms are set up, although currently they barely exist - but I already have a plan nonetheless, thank you

the idea is that he's just this hobo living right there near the little pond, and he has some treasure on the other side, but you cant get past him infront, so you have to go around him on the water once you get surf :P

and thanks for pointing that out, I never tested it, and no one mentioned it, so I figgered nothing was wrong with it haha

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
I like the way my gyms are set up, although currently they barely exist - but I already have a plan nonetheless, thank you

the idea is that he's just this hobo living right there near the little pond, and he has some treasure on the other side, but you cant get past him infront, so you have to go around him on the water once you get surf :P

and thanks for pointing that out, I never tested it, and no one mentioned it, so I figgered nothing was wrong with it haha

i see now i get it bout hobo thing lol
-------------------------------------------------------------
in my head at first when i read bout time travel.
i was thinkin bout them developing a machine that incomplete and main char ends up back in time with no way out. (in headorginization sayin:' it works but no way on where you be sent without celibi as powersource to bad for kid to be a test subject who knows where he ended up.')
main char finds out the gyms originally created to recuit solders. more badges in past higher chances of better ranks in military. and evil orginazation found out you time traveled and used your idea to think whole plot of time travel which unravels the whole game plot. which brought idea and devopment in future. maybe to get back celebi helped. who knows how you was planning but in my head that was what i thought at first.
sorry vivid imagination with u just sayin time travel in intro :P
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
great game so far.
but i look forward to your story and how progresses. maybe your story will blow my mind in future. ill continue playing if i find other glitches ill let u know.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Its still not working for me.

That is really weird, but that is a you-problem, no one else has reported problems with it
it may be a problem with your internet connection, or maybe a browser related problem, something like not having cookies enabled or something like that - other than that iunno what to tell you, I'm using google chrome
I'll keep the problem in mind, but as of right now that's all I can do for you, I'm sorry

great game so far.
but i look forward to your story and how progresses. maybe your story will blow my mind in future. ill continue playing if i find other glitches ill let u know.

yeah, hobos are funny, I suppose it might be a little politically incorrect though, but I like the idea of crazy old hikers just sitting in one spot yelling at trainers :P

the time travel thing is kind of a cool idea, I already have most of it planned out in my head, but that kind of thing with the soldiers and militia ranks could be an interesting post-game sidequest, since I'm planning on free range time travel to go back during the middle ages esq era

I'm glad you're enjoying it but theres more to come, especially within a week or 2 i'll be putting out my final V4 update, V4.2 with most of the bugs fixed, and a lot of new trainers
but theres also a lot of other cool games others are developing here you should check them out, a lot of them are planning releases this month, like Pokemon Balze red, or Pokemon chaos just to name a few

This Game is cool & Great

Thanks! V4 is just a demo to give people an idea of what the game is gunna be like, V5 is going to be much more drawn out and hopefully better than this one, but I hope you enjoy the game so far!

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
may i ask stupid question atm how far is the game progressed. curius on when i need to stop in game and how far i need to play before i hit dead end.

Back