The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Pokémon Gaming Central
Help Thread General Questions & Answers Thread

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

View Poll Results: Have you ever found a shiny?
Yes 19 73.08%
No 5 19.23%
Yes, but I lost it! 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old July 19th, 2013 (10:08 PM).
Professional Rom Hacker

Nature: Naughty
    Can I get anyone to help me decide a great pokemon team for my second time playing this game?
    I'm just not sure which pokemon to use:)
    I hope to get a bunch of replies regarding what anyone thinks:)

Relevant Advertising!

Old July 19th, 2013 (10:48 PM).
    Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
    Espeon
    Wailrein (Spheal from Blue brother)
    Ampharos (Mareep from Yellow brother)
    Flygon (Trapinch from PokéSpot)
    Ninetales/Arcanine
    And something like Aggron if you need full party.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
    Old July 21st, 2013 (5:52 PM).

At what number of ev's are you forbidden from using a vitamin? is your last chance at 90, or can you use them up until 99?
      Old July 21st, 2013 (6:03 PM).
      Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
      You can't use vitamins on a certain stat anymore if that stat has 100 or more EVs. If your Pokemon has 100 or more EVs in Attack for instance, you can't use any more Proteins on it.

Old July 21st, 2013 (6:04 PM).

ok so you're good even at 99? that was my intended question
        Old July 21st, 2013 (8:53 PM).
        so much fail...

Nature: Modest
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Fawster View Post
          ok so you're good even at 99? that was my intended question
          Yes, but that would be a waste, money-wise.

Vitamins only push the stat to 100, no more, no less.

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
          Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
          Old July 22nd, 2013 (2:37 AM).

A little question : Eating items like protein use 10 Evs and only raise 1 stat , but beat pokemon and get 4 Evs will have 1 stat .

So eat boosters are waste of Evs right ?

Happiness is useless and those boosters are so expensive .

And I tried it , level up A pokemon with rare candy gets 3 atk

Then I reset , feeding A pokemon 1 protein , then I use rare candy to level it up , it gets 2 atk ONLY !?

Booster sucks or what ? I wan perfect stats EVER ! ( Rayquaza > 456 sp.atk is my highest record without a suck boosters )
            Old July 22nd, 2013 (5:17 AM). Edited July 22nd, 2013 by molivious.
            so much fail...

Quote:
              Originally Posted by GOGBLITZ View Post
              A little question : Eating items like protein use 10 Evs and only raise 1 stat , but beat pokemon and get 4 Evs will have 1 stat .
              Nope, eat 1 Protein get 10 EVs for attack. Eat 10 Proteins, get 100 EVs for attack. There's a limit to using vitamins though. You will know this once you read an article or two about EV boosts.
              Quote:
              And I tried it , level up A pokemon with rare candy gets 3 atk

Then I reset , feeding A pokemon 1 protein , then I use rare candy to level it up , it gets 2 atk ONLY !?
              I don't really know what happened in the situation above. Especially when there is little being said. But anyway, chill. You don't get to see the effects in a flick of a finger.

1) the "4EV = 1 stat" rule only applies IF your pokemon is Lv100. So basically, EV boosts "scale with your level".
              Now, let's say you want a badass Rattata on your team. Even if you fed it some proteins and EV-trained it all the way, you will never get a Lv10 or 20 rattata that has 100 attack.

2) [here's a link] if you wanna do the math. I'd suggest you read the whole article about EV training as well. It will rid you of these misconceptions.
              Quote:
              Booster sucks or what ? I wan perfect stats EVER ! ( Rayquaza > 456 sp.atk is my highest record without a suck boosters )
              You simply just misunderstood EVs and EV training. In fact, your Rayquaza is actually already "boosted" with that number. Every time you defeat a pokemon, you're already EV-training.

Again, I'd highly suggest reading the whole article in the link I've given above. It will give you a deeper explanation for everything I've mentioned here.

Old July 22nd, 2013 (5:29 PM).

I finally ordered today 3DS XL , after some years I didn't touched Pokemon games (since 2005) I can finally play again now, the problem is, I saw that there is A tons of Unique Pokemons, that only obtainable through events, but most of them if not all of them already over, my question is, it's "Legit" to use Action Replay Just for the Events and Events Pokemons that i Missed?

I won't get ban from the online by using AR for EVENTS?
                Old July 22nd, 2013 (5:49 PM).
                detective prince.

Nature: Timid
                I don't know if they'll be allowed online, but you're honestly better off checking trade shops here on PC for the event Pokemon you missed. Hopefully some nice people will trade them to you, and since PC's Trade Corner doesn't allow hacks (ie. Pokemon from action replay), then you're pretty much guaranteed a legit Pokemon.
                Old July 22nd, 2013 (5:54 PM).

I can get banned for using Action Replay only to get access to Events and Event Pokemons?
                  Old July 22nd, 2013 (6:17 PM). Edited July 22nd, 2013 by molivious.
                  so much fail...

I'm fairly sure that if you didn't directly hack in the pokemon itself, then you could definitely use them online. For example, using AR to make all your pokemon encounters shiny still creates "legit" pokemon that you could use for battling.

The same should apply for events. If you've only used AR to trigger events, then you should be safe... For example, using AR to get the event item Azure Flute. Azure Flute then triggers the event to allow you to acquire a non-hacked Arceus.

Old July 22nd, 2013 (6:37 PM).
                    detective prince.

You can do what molivious suggested, but remember that if you do and you decide to trade with people, do not offer hacks. You'll get infracted for trading them. That's here on PC, anyway. If you do it over GTS, then that sucks for them. Though it's a bit distasteful anyway, and I'd advise you not trade them at all.

I know how you feel though. I had to hack in the 4th gen events cause I didn't have wifi back then.
                    Old July 22nd, 2013 (6:38 PM). Edited July 22nd, 2013 by Sydian.

So I think that im fine lol, sorry for all this crappy questions, but there is even A chance to get ban from the online/tradings thing?

someone here ever got ban or know someone who got ban for using Action Replay for "Legit" things only like adding TMs/Money or by getting "Events Pokemons"

Not that I will ever want to ruin my game by adding max stats pokemons or some crazy **** -__-

I will use it only for Events, and maybe to add some TMs (need some Earthquakes )

Edit : for the one above, yea it's sucks that only because I didn't had DS I missed basicly all of the events...

I want all those unique Pokemons like the Surfing and the Flying Pikachu, the Spiked ear Pichu, Shiny beasts, shiny Milotic, Mewtwo, Mew, all of those uniques (there's freaking tons of them...
                      Old July 22nd, 2013 (6:49 PM).
                      detective prince.

No one gets banned for hacking in extra TMs and Rare Candy and such. Even cloning with an AR is acceptable. It's just the Pokemon obtained with it that aren't going to fly.

Also, for future reference, if you're going to swear, don't try to filter it by adding characters like ! in place of an i. Just type the word like you normally would and let the censors pick it up. You can get in trouble for bypassing it.
                      Old July 22nd, 2013 (7:28 PM). Edited July 22nd, 2013 by molivious.
                      so much fail...

It's important to note that: using AR to acquire distributed event pokemon, such as the Shiny beasts from Gamestop (specific movesets), the exclusive VGC Shiny Milotic, etc, automatically flags your pokemon as hacked.

The reason behind this is that these pokemon are, as mentioned, given away through specific means. Yes, they are event pokemon. But there are no "in-game events" that allow you to capture these pokemon legitimately. You will only be able to legally acquire these exclusive pokemon during the events.

So yeah, AR can never simulate a "giveaway". Be careful of using AR through these means or even trading with others that have such. Thankfully, PokeCom's trade corner is a safehouse.

These are prime examples of pokemon you shouldn't use online, if you "cheated" for them via AR, that is.

Old July 22nd, 2013 (7:33 PM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by molivious View Post
                          It's important to note that: using AR to acquire distributed event pokemon, such as the Shiny beasts from Gamestop (specific movesets), the exclusive Shiny Milotic from a certain championship, etc, automatically flags your pokemon as hacked.

The reason behind this is that these pokemon are, as mentioned, given away through specific means. Yes, they are event pokemon. But there are no "in-game events" that allow you to capture these pokemon legitimately. You will only be able to legally acquire these exclusive pokemon during the events.

So yeah, AR can never simulate a "giveaway". Be careful of using AR, and even trading with others.
                          So I should do only the "Quest Events"
                          Old July 22nd, 2013 (7:39 PM). Edited July 22nd, 2013 by molivious.
                          so much fail...

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by FalseKingAllant View Post
                            So I should do only the "Quest Events"
                            That's for you to decide. Would you take the risk? I was just reminding you about my first reply XD

Old July 22nd, 2013 (7:51 PM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by molivious View Post
                              Preferrably, just to be safe.

I mean, no one's stopping you from hacking in the rest of the event pokemon. Just be aware that you're putting yourself at risk if you do so.
                              I will only do the quest events, I don't want any risks... that's why all those question lol, I don't want to ruin my online/trading/whatever for Pokemons that not have any value other than make ur boxes looks nice lol,

but I will definitely do the Arceus event and the rest of the quest events,

btw how many "Quest Events" there in HG/SS?
                              Old July 22nd, 2013 (8:08 PM). Edited July 22nd, 2013 by molivious.
                              so much fail...

lol, was too slow... but I've edited my previous post XD

Anyway, good question. [This] is a list for HG/SS in-game events. All of which will require you to trade...

Platinum has pretty much "everything", though. See [this] link. As long as it doesn't have "giveaway" in the description, there's an event/another way to get it.

Using AR, you could only unlock 4 events for Platinum -- namely by obtaining Secret Key (gives Rotom), Member Card (Darkrai), Azure Flute (Arceus) and Oak's Letter (Shaymin).

edit: Oh right, add [this] to the HG/SS events. Good luck!

Old July 24th, 2013 (10:46 PM).

I'm playing explorers of sky and trying to recruit a pokemon whose IQ group is group B.
                                  Since I'll give it all the gummies I have to make it the new team leader, I have to choose what to recruit wisely.
                                  Celebi, Manaphy, Jirachi and Lapras seem useful among group B, but I have to choose only one of them because I don't have much time to raise all four of their IQ.
                                  Can you recommend a group B pokemon who can be a good leader?
                                  Old July 25th, 2013 (12:05 AM).
                                  Memento Mori

Have you completed the game?
                                  'cause there's no point in making new leader unless you have completed the game =)
                                  I would advise either Jirachi or Manaphy but it depends on the rest of the team.
                                  What other Pokemon you want to use?

Old July 25th, 2013 (12:57 AM).

I almost have completed the game story. I already went to Azurill's nightmare and now only Palkia and Darkrai are left.
                                    When I finish the story and get a new leader, I'm gonna evolve my starter Chimchar and partner Turtwig and still use them as team members. And I'm planning to get a Drifblim as a team member.
                                    Old July 25th, 2013 (11:14 PM).
                                    Memento Mori

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by apsol2 View Post
                                    I almost have completed the game story. I already went to Azurill's nightmare and now only Palkia and Darkrai are left.
                                    When I finish the story and get a new leader, I'm gonna evolve my starter Chimchar and partner Turtwig and still use them as team members. And I'm planning to get a Drifblim as a team member.
                                    Iron Head Jirachi can prove to be real toughie but...
                                    Water types are always useful in PMDs so... go for Mana ;)

Old July 27th, 2013 (5:23 PM).
                                    Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
                                      Is there a place in Gen 4 to catch Darkrai?
                                      Closed Thread

Quick Reply