• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Ambient

Should Ambient Include A Third Type To Each Pokémon?

• Yes, because Beedrill or Dustox would be Bug / Poison / Flying

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • No, because Pokémon only need two Types / other reasoning.

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Error.exe

Turtwig Lover
Years
Hmm sounds like a interesting idea
I love it so I would like to take part in this project as a supporter
First suggestion I would make is....
Since the map is based of of tiny islands, maybe you can make it like a tropical theme/ Hawaii
since Pokemon X and Y is based off of France.

I think a resort ship like the one in fire red and leaf green might be cool. You can like travel across many regions and battle trainers on board the ship

Last edited:

ZealithSeribii

The Zealith
Years
Hmm sounds like a interesting idea
I love it so I would like to take part in this project as a supporter
First suggestion I would make is....
Since the map is based of of tiny islands, maybe you can make it like a tropical theme/ Hawaii
since Pokemon X and Y is based off of France.

I think a resort ship like the one in fire red and leaf green might be cool. You can like travel across many regions and battle trainers on board the ship

That would be cool... Hawaii would be the perfect theme. Also, I like the idea of traveling to multiple regions. I wouldn't care which ones but that's a good idea to implement.

Error.exe

Turtwig Lover
Years
That would be cool... Hawaii would be the perfect theme. Also, I like the idea of traveling to multiple regions. I wouldn't care which ones but that's a good idea to implement.

yeah maybe have some palm trees near the beach.
Also would be great if there are places on say route 4 with vending machines

I'm sure this will turn out great when it's finished! Also, I'd like to join this project. I could help with the storyline or with designing teams for important trainers to use, just describe the kind of personality they have and I can design a team that fits them (Gym Leaders, important characters, Elite Four, etc). If there's anything I can do to help please let me know!

Try going to the wiki for Pokemon Ambient. They have a list of possible Gym leaders

Link to wiki:
https://sites.google.com/site/pokemonambient/home/pokemon/move

Link to wiki:
https://sites.google.com/site/pokemonambient/home/pokemon/move

Last edited:

SereneAmbience

Founder of Pokémon Ambient
Years
yeah maybe have some palm trees near the beach.
Also would be great if there are places on say route 4 with vending machines
Funny you should mention this.. =) I have planned to tile some vending machines on the routes with bridges. Route 4 and Warren Truss is one of those. haha

Error.exe

Turtwig Lover
Years
Some quick ideas I thought up of today
I spent some time to think about cool stuff. Here it is
-The ability to use the move dig in special walls in caves to find goodies.
-A black market maybe near the Dynamic Squad's headquarter
-a snow area?( since all Pokemon are coming out)
-Safari zone?(We can't forget that)

Last edited:

SereneAmbience

Years
Some quick ideas I thought up of today
I spent some time to think about cool stuff. Here it is
-The ability to use the move dig in special walls in caves to find goodies.
-A black market maybe near the Dynamic Squad's headquarter
-a snow area?( since all Pokemon are coming out)
-Safari zone?(We can't forget that)
Okay so I guess it's time to share some information with the public to add some interest! ;)

Error, I'm glad we think alike because this you made this easier to share.
-SPOT-ON! I plan to use Dig in this way of finding special locations, as well as finding underground secret bases, and event locations that I will release in time. Don't forget about the other "HM" moves that will have unique abilities, like Waterfall that will ACTUALLY create waterfalls for the player to climb up to reach certain areas!
-I have a various of this, kiosks in every mall that are discounted. BUT, I will definitely add this along the Dynamic base camp to add some flair!
-Hmm..... never thought about how to get Ice-type Pokémon... I guess I am gonna have to.
-I want to hear what you everyone thinks... Is a Safari Zone required? Or something variant like Great Marsh? I use the Safari-time base contest in a Fishing Competition in Flannel Village and in Sisal City's Carnival Extravaganza (where you run around through buildings, fun-houses, and mirror rooms: collecting items, battling Trainers, and winning points per step) which will be an extremely cool mini-game for Ambient!

Error.exe

Turtwig Lover
Years
Okay so I guess it's time to share some information with the public to add some interest! ;)

Error, I'm glad we think alike because this you made this easier to share.
-SPOT-ON! I plan to use Dig in this way of finding special locations, as well as finding underground secret bases, and event locations that I will release in time. Don't forget about the other "HM" moves that will have unique abilities, like Waterfall that will ACTUALLY create waterfalls for the player to climb up to reach certain areas!
-I have a various of this, kiosks in every mall that are discounted. BUT, I will definitely add this along the Dynamic base camp to add some flair!
-Hmm..... never thought about how to get Ice-type Pokémon... I guess I am gonna have to.
-I want to hear what you everyone thinks... Is a Safari Zone required? Or something variant like Great Marsh? I use the Safari-time base contest in a Fishing Competition in Flannel Village and in Sisal City's Carnival Extravaganza (where you run around through buildings, fun-houses, and mirror rooms: collecting items, battling Trainers, and winning points per step) which will be an extremely cool mini-game for Ambient!

I like the waterfall idea

Error.exe

Turtwig Lover
Years
I'm back again with some few ideas
-A library containing ancient texts about legendary Pokemon
-Department store
-Tricott Honey(Can be bought in Tricott town later in-game)

SereneAmbience

Years
I'm back again with some few ideas
-A library containing ancient texts about legendary Pokemon
-Department store
-Tricott Honey(Can be bought in Tricott town later in-game)
-A library would be pretty awesome. It would contain existing legends and stories, but also more info to explain the links that Nintendo didn't explain. The legendaries in Ambient will also be fully explained, like how Arcanine is a legendary.
-No department stores, just malls filled with items! The malls will be located in Satin City, Silk City, Coir City, Velour City, Material City, Sisal City.
-Look at THIS LINK of Tricott Town. It has information about the wonderful Greenhill Honey that is popular during the town's Honey-Maker's Festival. It is a dedication to the sweet taste of delicious Honey.

ZealithSeribii

The Zealith
Years
I think it's been way too long since I last checked in here... So... Regarding the Ice type issue, you could have several ice caves throughout the region that can only be accessed using Dig. Or a distant snow-covered island. Something like that.

SereneAmbience

Years
I think it's been way too long since I last checked in here... So... Regarding the Ice type issue, you could have several ice caves throughout the region that can only be accessed using Dig. Or a distant snow-covered island. Something like that.
It is obvious I need to apply this Ice-type location to obtain these Pokemon, mainly because I heard many members asking for it. So I decided that I am going to add it, but I have to take time to decided what exactly would fit best in Serene. I will consider the caves and island idea. A far off island covered in snow does sound more fitting.

ZealithSeribii

The Zealith
Years
Cool! I think that there should be several islands similar to the snowy one, for example; a desert island with Pokemon such as Trapinch, Cacnea, Rhyhorn, Sandile, and Pawniard. Basically optional islands with different climates, each one with a theme! The snowy one with Pokemon like Piplup, Delibird, Sneasel, Munchlax, Snorunt, and Lapras. Or a volcanic island with Pokemon like Numel, Charmander, Magby, Gible, and Larvesta. You get the idea right?

SereneAmbience

Years
After some deep consideration of fans messaging me, I decided to introduce some new types. However I haven't yet figured out the weakness and advantage chart for these new types. So bear with me....
  • Air
  • Cosmic
  • Magic
  • Cyber
  • Light
  • Sound
And of course the new Fairy-type! The main reasoning behind adding all these types, which many are popular among fandoms, is that Pokémon are unique creatures with amazing abilities, but some of their types don't detail their potential as a monster. For example, Gyarados: he is consider a Flying-type but has no moves of that type and found moving through the air constantly. Therefore I split the Flying-type group into those who can actually fly (Flying-type) and those who manipulate air (Air-type). I also believed that many Pokémon come from outer space and have similar abilities to those on Earth which isn't typically alien nature.. thus the Cosmic-type. The Psychic types are creatures that use magical powers, telepathy abilities, levitation, matter bending strengths, and among other things. I had to split this broad type into categories so I decided a Magic-type and Light-type would suffice. I really just loved the idea of Porygon, Porygon2, and Porygon-Z having their own Cyber-type, making them rares! And lastly the Sound-type, which defines a few Pokémon and many moves. Nintendo should have implemented the Sound-type in Generation 3 with Whismer's evolutionary line a while back.

More information found HERE [link].

ZealithSeribii

The Zealith
Years
Can't wait to see how the new types will effect the old ones!

I uploaded a video to my Youtube channel, ZealithJolteon, advertising the project! Since the site won't let me post a link, just go to my channel. It's the newest video.

Last edited:

SereneAmbience

Years
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back