• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
I'm sure your pokedex is a combination of existing pokemon and created pokemon, but will the national dex be in the game? I know spriting is a pain so if the national dex is in the game will you hold off on the release until all the sprites are done or release them separately in a pack or separately a few at a time?

Also will Smogon's Create-A-Pokemon Pokemon be in here? if so which ones(if possible)?

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Hmm, let me take the challenge.
Is it those flowers in the ground?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I'm sure your pokedex is a combination of existing pokemon and created pokemon, but will the national dex be in the game? I know spriting is a pain so if the national dex is in the game will you hold off on the release until all the sprites are done or release them separately in a pack or separately a few at a time?
The National Pokédex will be obtainable after completing the Shika Pokédex. I always thought there wasn't enough incentive to complete it, so the prize is a bit better this time.
Also will Smogon's Create-A-Pokemon Pokemon be in here? if so which ones(if possible)?
All of them.
Hmm, let me take the challenge.
Is it those flowers in the ground?
The challenge has finished; it's just the water tiles.

I might have an update later today; I'm working on the Pokédex at the moment.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2022
This game just keeps increasing in Total Awesomeness!

EDIT
Hey Wichu, just one question.

How did you learn to become sooo good at those tilesets?

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
Remember the moves that Psyduck007 posted? The type of the move Mummify is already decided now:
CORRECTION(Type:Normal)- Eliminates the user and his ally's stat changes.(Other)
COSMIC ATTACK(Type: Psychic)- Hits the foe with a power from space.(Physical)
MUMMIFY(Type: DARK)-A one-hit knockout move that hits the foe by mummifying.(Maybe Physical)

EDIT: I like to help and I can make some sketches of some 4th gen Pokémon. I can't sprite, but I'll send it to you for you to sprite. Just a suggestion. =)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I know I said I'd update 2 days ago, but unfortunately, there were a few setbacks. Also, I didn't want the update to get lost at the bottom of the previous page... But anyway, here it is!

As I said, I've been working on the Pokédex. Does anyone remember when I did an update on it? That was a few months ago.

So, what's changed? First off, the animation is a bit better, and the frame rate now stays consistently high. Instead of the entries being arranged in two diagonal lines, as previously, they're now in a smooth curve.
More importantly, though, I've done some of the graphics for the actual Pokédex entries. Those being the Info and Area pages.

Anyone familiar with Essentials will know that the area is bought up by pressing C on the Info page, like in FR/LG. I've recoded that part to be more like R/S/E/D/P; the different functions of the Pokédex are now on different pages which can be changed using the arrow keys.

The first page is the standard Info page. For this update, I've replaced all 386 GBA Pokémon entries with their Emerald entries.* The D/P entries are too short, so will be rewritten. I'll probably eventually rewrite the Emerald entries, too. Secondly, I've added the Pokémon's type, which is missing from the Pokédex in Essentials. And finally, I've resized* and added each Pokémon's footprint, thanks to legendarypokemon.net.

The Area function has been upgraded too, in both looks and functionality. The area highlights now fade in and out, and "Area Unknown" is displayed in the centre of the screen. The town map has been revamped, and a border added. Function-wise, I've modified it to display locations correctly on large routes spanning multiple tiles on the town map; this was rather tricky for routes with turns in them, such as Route 50 (north-east of Hazelet Town).

Finally, I've implemented a regional dex which is independent of the national dex. The screenshots and animations don't contain any new Pokémon; however, they reveal some of the old Pokémon returning in Amethyst.

A few things are still missing; notably the words "Shika Pokédex" which are at the top of the old animation, and the "Z: Search" text at the bottom. The current dex isn't final; those will be added eventually. There is a small glitch where the "é" character doesn't display; I'm hoping to have this fixed soon.

And, what you've all been waiting for: screenshots!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Beautiful! Wow, very nice updates, Wichu! It looks wonderful, everything is smoother and a lot lighter to the eye. I love the Pokédex animation, as well, and the Region Map looks a lot better. Very nice job, Wichu!

Also, have you already implemented that NPC I sprited for you? And were there any errors or oddities?

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
@____@

-sits on ground and blinks-

Beautifully done! You could easily put numerous people out of business with an update like that XD The animations are a nice touch, and the PokeDex set up is just gorgeous~!

Well done Wichu <33

Reactions:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Thanks for the encouragement. Esmas, the NPC is good, but a bit too short; he's an adult man, yet the same height as the player. Maybe make him a pixel or two taller? Also, is there any chance of you spriting him in his original clothes, rather than your ones?

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Excellent overall style to it Wichu. I loved the animation of the dex "flowing" (yes- I just used that word to describe it lol).
Also, new version of the region map? Looks much better.
Love everything you do in this game. Huge supporter.
Good job.

Atomic Reactor

keep up the marvelous work :)

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Whoa... exceptional. Simply exceptional. Incredible work on that Dex, I can't think of another game developer who's achieved what you've achieved.

GuyNamedSean

Cobalt Scizor
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 12, 2019
I will help with spriting!
Do you have a list of Pokemon that are sprite-less?
If not I'll just start with the Bug-types.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Thanks for the encouragement. Esmas, the NPC is good, but a bit too short; he's an adult man, yet the same height as the player. Maybe make him a pixel or two taller? Also, is there any chance of you spriting him in his original clothes, rather than your ones?
Ah, yes. I forgot that the template you gave me was for the hero. I'll change it when I can. Good luck, Wichu.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
GuyNamedSean, if you'd like to help, PM me some examples of sprites you've done before, so I can see whether you're good enough.

Anyway, I've been working on the Pokédex script again. I've slightly revised the appearance, and added the Cry and Size pages. They're not finished yet; however, I'll show some screens of the Size page anyway.

Screenshot248.png

New appearance; better or worse? I'm going to re-add the Seen and Owned text, as well as the other missing text, later.
Screenshot247.png
Screenshot246.png

The Size screen compares the size of a Pokémon's sprite with the trainer sprite, as well as the Pokémon's and trainer's actual heights, to display the silhouettes correctly. It works for both large and small Pokémon. The Pokémon and trainer's height will be displayed at the bottom.
Screenshot245.png

However, the script is inaccurate when dealing with snake-like Pokémon with long bodies, as their 'height' is actually the length of the extended body. Since the body is usually curled up or otherwise posed to fit the 64x64 limit, the script calculates the wrong size. There's nothing I can really do about it; for now, just avoid giant Gyarados.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back