• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I've never heard of refill kits...maybe it's more common over there? Or maybe I just don't know enough about printers, haha.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I haven't seen many of them in stores, although you can find them in most secondary outlet magazines, and with a quick Google search.

Also, I don't live in the UK, if thats what your thinking.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Oh well if they're not in stores then that's why. I don't care enough about printers to bother with finding alternative filling methods online or in magazines.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Also, I don't live in the UK, if thats what your thinking.

20120623-gq7xj8ypt14ay9ic7fgher2ad1.png

wait what. Why is your location "London"?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Maybe he's one of those weird people that update it whenever they visit a new place, so he's in vacation in London. That was my guess :(

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I figured getting a job for the summer was as easy as pulling up to your closest Safeway or Target and filling out that form on the machine. But yeah.

Bad economy is bad.

They're having open interviews at KFC today

Wish me luck!

Years
I never understood this whole 'I can't get a job' thing. If you expect to walk into a shop/business and expect to get a job, then you are doing it wrong.

The reason I worked hard in my academic life, is so I can have a great CV and qualifications, so I can get a job easier. There are so many jobs out there, but if you have no qualifications, then you have to look at yourself to blame. Maybe I am just weird like that...​

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

You are so kind and considerate Toujours! n___n

I TRY MY HARDEST

It's weird to change your location to somewhere you're vacationing/visiting because chances are you won't be there for long so you might as well leave the location with where you live.

Bad economy is bad.

They have open interviews at KFC today

Wish me luck!

Good luck!

droomph

weeb
Years
They're having open interviews at KFC today

Wish me luck!
Oh goodness KFC. Soooo good in China. Dammit.

Well get a job soon...you'll need the money ^^ and you'll love working.

@Captain Hey, at my school they have a form that tells you all the great places you can work at (Gamestop, Gap, Abercrombie and Fitch) and what age they want you to be, and what you have to do to get an interview - it's pretty low-maintenance stuff (like bring in a form and dress nicely) so I thought it wouldn't be that bad to get a retail or service job...

Too bad everything requires you to be 16 or older because by golly I wanna work at Gamestop.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Sometimes currently-in-college students or high school students want minimum wage summer jobs, which are mostly "walk into stores and get a job" kind of things haha. If you're looking for a career yeah obviously get a college degree, but if you want to work over the summer at a water park, college doesn't have much to do with it XD;

Years
Yeh, the age limit you can do nothing about! Which is fair enough. Gamestop is a good type of retail shop, in my opinion. My friend works in a game shop called Gamestation and he loves it. Sure, you get the boring retail side of selling, but you talk to customers who enjoy games, you can recommend and chat and so on, so on, so on; much better than recommending clothes. XD​

Sometimes currently-in-college students or high school students want minimum wage summer jobs, which are mostly "walk into stores and get a job" kind of things haha. If you're looking for a career yeah obviously get a college degree, but if you want to work over the summer at a water park, college doesn't have much to do with it XD;

Yeh, part time jobs, you can walk in, but if you want a stable job where you won't be easily disposed, they look for more. Don't know why I am saying this, I am sure you all know this. XD /didn't mean to patronize.​

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Even in high school/college though, connections count for SO MUCH >_o I had a friend that worked at a library and then quit and managed to get the job passed off to someone else in school because they knew each other so she got the job before it even went out on the market.

It's always about who you know...

Years
"It's not what you know, it's who you know."

Which is very true, Toujours. I built up lots of contacts in University, keep in contact with friends in business, who keep me up to date on any events and such. People say "you are using them", but you aren't, I love my friends to bits.​

droomph

weeb
Years
Connections ehhhhhhh hook me up brah

That's just unfair.

Also, did you know about the "youth minimum wage"? $4.25/hr for 90 days. Why only 90 days? What is the point of just having 90 days of low wages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back