• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Smash 4/7/2013 + April CoroCoro: Mewtwo's New Form!

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Is it really that hard to accept those assumptions though? And why would they be building Mewtwo's story 17 years after it was introduced, after it has appeared in 2 separate movies about it? Is Team Rocket returning in X & Y? Also, will this lead to even more older Pokemon randomly getting forms/formes and changing their backstories suddenly?

Mewtwo had a backstory, but due to the limits in technology, it was presented in the only way they had: text. I don't really see anything suggesting Mewtwo didn't have a good enough story as it was considering Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres had absolutely no story at all.

The thing is, not everyone is going to just accept "it's this way in the anime and manga, so it must be the same in the games." If you do, that's fine, that's only to be expected when you're given something so vague. But that doesn't mean Game Freak can't go back and refine their original idea that was most likely interpreted differently for the movie.

As for building up his story 17 years after it was released: it's still one of their properties. Maybe they decided it would be a good idea to have something to appeal to older fans as opposed to something that is completely new (and I have met people who only played gen 1 and think the new forme is cool, so it can happen, if anyone wants to question that).

Team Rocket doesn't have to return because, again, there is no connection between those two in the games.

Pokémon may not need to "randomly" get forme changes and "change" their backstories, because this could act just as a solidification of it already-established story. All we know that is established of its in-game is what is told by the PokéDex and the Cinnabar Mansion journals. It's very vague, so by just having Game Freak potentially fill in those gaps doesn't mean they are changing it. And if it doesn't equate to what you or anyone else filled those gaps in with doesn't mean it is being changed; it means your interpretation wasn't exact with what Game Freak had in mind.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
Meanwhile... Mew fades into oblivion...

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Meanwhile... Mew fades into oblivion...

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
No! Not my Mew! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

(Yeah, I know you're kidding. :P)

Mew hasn't had an in-game role since Emerald, which was on the GBA - the last game before the DS. It must show up sometime now that we're moving to the 3DS. At least, I hope so.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
No! Not my Mew! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

(Yeah, I know you're kidding. :P)

Mew hasn't had an in-game role since Emerald, which was on the GBA - the last game before the DS. It must show up sometime now that we're moving to the 3DS. At least, I hope so.

Cyclone

Mew didn't have an In game role in Emerald either. You can't get Mew without the Old Sea Chart which was Event only so its area doesn't exist in game until you get that item. All of the event only's are gunna stay event only if the trend continues.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Mew didn't have an In game role in Emerald either. You can't get Mew without the Old Sea Chart which was Event only so its area doesn't exist in game until you get that item. All of the event only's are gunna stay event only if the trend continues.
You realize that's exactly the in-game "role" I speak of, yes?

Given how closely the pair is tied to genetics, it HAS to get a role. Think about it; maybe Mew comes from this region and got captured in Kanto!

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
You realize that's exactly the in-game "role" I speak of, yes?

Given how closely the pair is tied to genetics, it HAS to get a role. Think about it; maybe Mew comes from this region and got captured in Kanto!

Cyclone

It doesn't have to be in the game. Mew wasn't part of the original Pokedex design wise and wasn't meant to exist. It plays no major role in any game story and has always been event exclusive. Legends never have had any important roles outside of their generational games during the main story and only need to be present to activate other events in other games.

Mewtwo getting a new form is most likely going to run the exact same way that Keldeo's form change ran or even Shaymin's. If its by an item, then like with shaymin you have to have one in your party to collect the item. Which means we'll have to transfer Mewtwo from B/W/B2/W2 to X/Y in order to get the item since they are specifically giving out Mewtwo in B2W2. If we didn't have that download event then maybe he'd have had a chance to appear in my eyes, but since they are providing Mewtwo for us, there isn't much chance that either he or Mew will appear in the new games outside of events.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Given it's a new forme I do wonder if it'll be more physically based than the other one. It looks like it could be a big psystrike abuser really. Anyone else wondering this?

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Given it's a new forme I do wonder if it'll be more physically based than the other one. It looks like it could be a big psystrike abuser really. Anyone else wondering this?

Yeah, I do think so too... :3

Mewtwo has great stats and moveset and I think Mewtwo's New form will have awesome movesets that would really make players want it badly.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
As far as stats go, I don't really expect for them to really change much. At least, here's my vision of what the stat spread should be for this form:

Mewtwo's Spread:

HP: 106
Attack: 110
Defense: 90
Special Attack: 154
Special Defense: 90
Speed: 130.

Going into this form, the new changes would be as such:

HP: 106
Attack: 154
Defense:: 90
Special Attack: 110
Special Defense: 90
Speed: 110 (?)

It might get slower. Thundurus got slower (iirc? Or was it Landorus?) when it had it's Therian form, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened to this new form here.

Lanorus takes 10 from speed and 10 from Sp.Atk and gives 20 to its attack. Your Mewtwo spread loses 20 points. I don't see a point to making a form that supposed to be stonger but loses total points. Thogh thats basically what i see happening.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I actually expect it to gain a larger BST, however they can still change up it's stats... this Mewtwo strikes me as the fast kind. Maybe take 20 from attack and give them to speed?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I actually expect it to gain a larger BST, however they can still change up it's stats... this Mewtwo strikes me as the fast kind. Maybe take 20 from attack and give them to speed?

The only two Pokemon that change BST are Rotom and Kyurem mostly due to the outside influence. All the others remain the same. With Mewtwo being 680 BST I don't see them adding more to him. If they don't go to the attack format I see them shifting Attack and Defense and Special Attack and Special Defense. Its either a shift stat change or a no stat change like Keldeo.

Considering all the moves they shown in the video were all Special attacks that Mewtwo could already learn, I'm leaning towards no stat change at all if not a shift to giving him more Sp. Attack from another stat like Attack.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years

Psystrike is a stronger Psyshock. It hits Defense but it's powered by Special Attack.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I was thinking about it like, as Zen Headbutt ;_; Okay, great Zen Headbutt user (or another physical Psychic-type attack) then definitely :3

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
No more forms omg! Please?! I can't take it. Why did they have to ruin an old school legendary?! -.-

Guy

just a guy
Years
No more forms omg! Please?! I can't take it. Why did they have to ruin an old school legendary?! -.-
Considering it's a form, meaning it's completely optional, I wouldn't go as far as saying it ruined one of Pokémon's most iconic legendaries.

Maybe it could be a cross between mew and mewtwo?
I'm not saying it's not possible, because we know very little at the moment, but I'm doubting Mew will have any factor into Mewtwo's new form.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Nonononononono! Mewtwo getting a new form is more than enough. Mew doesn't need one too. Mew can already transform into any Pokémon it wants, that's fair enough.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Might as well post my thoughts.

I'm a mixed bag with this. I like the new form's design, but at the same time, the fact that it's Mewtwo's alternate form and not a new Pokemon entirely is kind of disappointing. I would figure that Mewtwo would have known/found out about an alternate form relatively soon after he was created... not a decade later. If they can make it seem logical, then alright, I can deal with it.

What really bothers me is the fact that the new form looks like it would be better of as an original form. The original Mewtwo looks more BA and would suite a second form much better than this. The only way this new form would make sense is if 1)the new form is supposed to represent a speed form of sorts, like Deoxys (cause the new form looks more slick and faster imo) or 2)Mewtwo got abducted by aliens and they gave him his powers.

Still remains to be seen about how I really feel about this new form, considering a lot revolving it is speculation. But I'm optimistic.

Back