• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Complex Crystal - 100% Complete!

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2023
Finally beat the elite four, had to level up my pokemon to 65. Anyways, I think I found a bug. I'm in the post game, and I found Leftovers. For some reason... rather than healing every turn... it worked like a berry, healing some of my HP then being gone. Any reason? Maybe it's just my rom

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
I like it but there are a couple of issues.

I think you should remove the Wild Steelix and make Onix just evolve by level or by using a Metal Coat on it, TBH.

Also, why are there wild Machamp, etc, if Machoke evolves by level now?

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2014
I love the hack. It's interesting, but I'm wondering....Where can I find Growlithe?

The area where it usually appears I can't find it. The grassy patch to the Left of the first gyms city. I can't find Growlithe there. Is it a rare find or is it moved somewhere else? The locations document doesn't list all Pokemon locations.

Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind....just took forever to find it. XD Good work on the hack. ^_^

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2016
Will this file load on Lameboy Nds?

I've been trying to play this emulator on my DSI

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2017
what IPS patcher should I use? it seems the patched rom doesn't run on emulator for android but the original rom runs properly

or19937

Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!
Years
Eevee doesn't evolve into Espeon/Umbreon even with full happiness("It looks really happy! It must love you a lot").
Usually when it has full happiness it evolves right in the next level.
Is that a bug or did you change the way it evolves into Espeon/Umbreon?

Other than that, this hack is really fun :)

EDIT:

nvm, I just got a moon stone from dear ol' mom and tested it...

Last edited:

Malvoux

That Hacker DJ guy.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
I like the idea, I just wish the graphics were beefed up like they did in Liquid Crystal
Great work.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I like the idea, I just wish the graphics were beefed up like they did in Liquid Crystal
Great work.
Um... let's sum this...
Liquid Crystal = FireRed hack => 3rd generation
Complex Crystal = Crystal hack => 2nd generation

Now you see why the graphics cannot be compared?

Eevee doesn't evolve into Espeon/Umbreon even with full happiness("It looks really happy! It must love you a lot").
Isn't max happiness something like "It something, it cannot possibly love you more. I'm happy just by looking at it."?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Looool
In 5 minutes my Totodile upped 15 lvls in Route 29 (The start) (VBA + Turbo Key)
This hack it's stupidly funny

EDIT:
Faulkner defeated with my Croconaw lvl 20 :3

EDIT 2:
Bugsy defeated with my Croconaw lvl 30 (And after the battle it evolved into Feraligatr <3)

EDIT 3:
Whitney defeated with my Feraligatr lvl 41

EDIT 4:
Morty defeated with my Feraligatr lvl 45

EDIT 5:
I Founded Charmander's Location (In the grass north of Olivine City, appears in lvl 5, and in the same grass appears Dratini lvl 10, Elekid lvl 25, Magby lvl 25)

EDIT 6:
Chuck defeated with my Feraligatr lvl 54

EDIT 7:
Jasmine defeated with my Feraligatr lvl 56

EDIT 8:
I founded a bug in the Radio Tower event, when i've defeated this rocket:
O3Mpkw7.png

He doesn't give me any key

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2016
^ It's in your item slot. It's marked as "Basement key x1". It can still be used to open the door. Be warned as the item can be sold/dropped/etc. so I wouldn't recommend tampering with it.

Also, I've noticed in a few spots that certain trainers and wild pokemon haven't gotten their levels heightened accordingly like the other trainers. A prime example is the Rocket General female that you fight in Mahogany Town hideout alongside with Lance. Her pokemon are still in their early 20's whereas the general before her you encounter with the Murkrow that tells the password's pokemon are all level 58.

I wanted to let this be known incase you wanted to continue patching this game.
There are still a few errors as far as levels go, but I'm at the Goldenrod basement, at the moment.

Also, random question. When you encounter Celebi, does it have its Pokemon Crystal overworld sprite it had in the GS Ball event before battling it?

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
Years
I ran into a Basement Key problem, too. My item pocket was full and I didn't get it. I deposited an item and went back up to talk the fake director, but I still didn't get the key. After resetting, I freed up a slot and did the battle again and ended up getting the key.

Also, just as a note, there's a Beauty on Route 38 with a Lv.19 Corsola, compared to the Lv.30 or so Pokémon used by other Trainers.

Edit: For those of you with a hex editor, the Basement Key can be changed to how it works in normal Crystal by changing these offsets:

Original values:
$6B61: 40
$6B62: 01
$6B63: 50

Change these values to:
$6B61: C0
$6B62: 02
$6B63: 60

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2016
I ran into a Basement Key problem, too. My item pocket was full and I didn't get it. I deposited an item and went back up to talk the fake director, but I still didn't get the key. After resetting, I freed up a slot and did the battle again and ended up getting the key.

Also, just as a note, there's a Beauty on Route 38 with a Lv.19 Corsola, compared to the Lv.30 or so Pokémon used by other Trainers.

Edit: For those of you with a hex editor, the Basement Key can be changed to how it works in normal Crystal by changing these offsets:

Original values:
$6B61: 40
$6B62: 01
$6B63: 50

Change these values to:
$6B61: C0
$6B62: 02
$6B63: 60

Not to mention the 3 sisters at the island on Route 34. Their Pokemon are surprisingly low-leveled as well (Levels range from 22-28).

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
That's a great hack :) :) :)

I would like to ask where can you encounter tododile and chikorita. Does have to be at night or day?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Does anyone know how to find the kanto legendaries like mew?

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2022
First of all, a great hack! I'm really enjoying it

Another bug I found

Can't access the Battle Tower. When I enter, I'm stuck at the wall, and can't move. Different tries gave the same result. Anything I can do to fix this?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 29, 2016
ive gotten to the point that i only need 9 more pokemon to complete the pokedex, thing is, im having an extremely difficult time finding seel and delibird, not to mention mew. i know that mew is in mount silver, but is it in the first or second room? plz help if possible.

BLAx501!

Pokemon Flux
Years
Okay, I've just beat the game till the Red's battle, but I want to capture some legendaries and the starters... I've been looking for them on the locations they are supposed to be according to the documents you give along with the hack, but there is nobody there :/

jmc

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
In the latest version (Beta 1.33), Moon Stone and Sun Stone do not cause Eevee to evolve.

Back