• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 5, 2019
Umm,dude u said u will update it within summer,U gotta do it anyhow man,it's too long,U should more harder then after that u won't have any pressure,plz don't ignore this recommendation and do it ASAP

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Firstly, I'd like to say HOLY, this is amazing. Just great job.

I'm not sure how much you take fan feedback into consideration when updating, but there are a couple things I'd love to see in the next large update. (HUGE spoilers, stop reading now if you haven't played this yet.)

Firstly, I seriously think there should be a "good" option when...*ahem* Hyper Fang is used on a certain someone that one time. We've already formed what resembles a friendship with Blue and for us to just stand by when Ronnie does that? Maybe not be given the option to stop him, but at least alert someone, maybe tell Red's mom what happened and that she needs medical attention.

Also, while we're talking about Blue, maybe write him into the Silph Co. mission? Everything else gives such good, detailed reasons why what happens in FireRed happens, but we're not given an explanation for why Red battles Blue right outside the president's office.

And finally, I won't spend much time on this because you'll probably either scrap this scene or add what I'm suggesting in anyway, but I feel like we should be able to fight Red when he enters Silph Co. at the end. Again, this was at the end of Beta 3 so that's probably going to be expanded on anyway. If you read this far, thank you so much! Love this ROM Hack.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Firstly, I'd like to say HOLY, this is amazing. Just great job.

I'm not sure how much you take fan feedback into consideration when updating, but there are a couple things I'd love to see in the next large update. (HUGE spoilers, stop reading now if you haven't played this yet.)

Firstly, I seriously think there should be a "good" option when...*ahem* Hyper Fang is used on a certain someone that one time. We've already formed what resembles a friendship with Blue and for us to just stand by when Ronnie does that? Maybe not be given the option to stop him, but at least alert someone, maybe tell Red's mom what happened and that she needs medical attention.

Also, while we're talking about Blue, maybe write him into the Silph Co. mission? Everything else gives such good, detailed reasons why what happens in FireRed happens, but we're not given an explanation for why Red battles Blue right outside the president's office.

And finally, I won't spend much time on this because you'll probably either scrap this scene or add what I'm suggesting in anyway, but I feel like we should be able to fight Red when he enters Silph Co. at the end. Again, this was at the end of Beta 3 so that's probably going to be expanded on anyway. If you read this far, thank you so much! Love this ROM Hack.

With the Ronnie thing I think it plays out too fast for the MC to react quickly, it's part of screwing up the mission. And as for Blue, Ditto, it always baffled me why on earth he was there at Silph Co, apart from "I saw you in Saffron."

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 24, 2019
I have a bounty of 220k pokedollars but I can't enable the sidequest which consists in the robbing of the mart in viridian city. I heard that if you have a bounty of 120,000, then you can rob the Pokemart.
I keep talking to the rocket minion but he does not offer me the opportunity to rob the damn mart...
while I should since I am the boss

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
I must be tech-dumb. I don't know what I'm doing wrong! I'm trying to download it, but nothing is working. I downloaded the My Boy! Emulator from the app store, and downloaded the V1.0 Fire Red version elsewhere. It's legit, I can access it and play Fire Red on my emulator now. But when I try to download this ROM hack, it isn't working? Its says it's downloaded but doesn't show up anywhere. I tried using that patch thingy that was linked, (lunar ips, i think it was called.) and the only game that showed up while I was trying to use it was Fire Red. Nothing else showed up. What's going on? What am I doing wrong? I was able to download Apollo before using My Boy! so I dunno what's going on. I really wanna play :( Please help me

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
I must be tech-dumb. I don't know what I'm doing wrong! I'm trying to download it, but nothing is working. I downloaded the My Boy! Emulator from the app store, and downloaded the V1.0 Fire Red version elsewhere. It's legit, I can access it and play Fire Red on my emulator now. But when I try to download this ROM hack, it isn't working? Its says it's downloaded but doesn't show up anywhere. I tried using that patch thingy that was linked, (lunar ips, i think it was called.) and the only game that showed up while I was trying to use it was Fire Red. Nothing else showed up. What's going on? What am I doing wrong? I was able to download Apollo before using My Boy! so I dunno what's going on. I really wanna play :( Please help me

You have to apply the IPS patch to FireRed using LunarIPS. Then when FireRed's patched up, rename it and it's all good to go! Make sure to look for videos on YouTube, there must be many out there.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
OMG! It worked! I also had to extract the zip file thingy, but after i learned to do that, i patched it and it worked. thank you very much for the help, I had no idea what I was doing. ╮(╯▽╰)╭

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 3, 2018
This Hack is just AMAZING!!! I had so much fun playing it and can't wait until the next Beta or what erver comes out. The only really bad thing about this Hack is Ronnie! I hate him because of the thing that he did to Blue's sister.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
Please help, I'm at Celadon dept. Store and they won't let me buy evolution stones! I don't know why, earlier when I talked to clerks, they'd let me buy but now they won't? Is my bounty too high? I have a Pikachu, Vulpix, and Gloom I need to evolve. :( do I have to restart my game and buy the stones early? I really don't want to have to do that...

Years
Please help, I'm at Celadon dept. Store and they won't let me buy evolution stones! I don't know why, earlier when I talked to clerks, they'd let me buy but now they won't? Is my bounty too high? I have a Pikachu, Vulpix, and Gloom I need to evolve. :( do I have to restart my game and buy the stones early? I really don't want to have to do that...

Yeah, sadly just like in real life clerks don't sell to criminals, you don't have to take the criminal route though. You can just as well not steal from trainers. As for evolutionary stones, maybe there'll be a way to get them with a high bounty in the next release. If there's gonna be a next release anyway.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years

You can find some of the stones in the OW (there's a Leaf Stone in the Safari Zone), but as for the others you'll have to wait until the next release to see what's new.

OR...

Spoiler:

Back