• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters

Ayshyman

Training Mastermind
Years
I am sorry Azure, I played your game till beating Max (with bellosom ? really);
I had a team of Combusken(41), Magnium(40+), Eevee(37), Pikachu(32)and Aerodactyl(35).
There are few bugs, that caused me to delete my game and save file:-
1. Events Error (Like I caught Aerodactyle, went PC to store it, came back and poof - another amber for me; i have 2 Airodactyles now(extinct though)).
2. Trainers like Wally saying they are working hard with Ralts, however in battle they use Kirlia (not a bug, i guess but still).
3. I really don't like the concept of 386 pokemons, One can form a more strategical team perhaps but its not cool to keep cyndaquil in PC STORAGE BOX 1 when you have such a strong team.
4. Trading Bugs.
5. With Ditto my eevee gave 3 eggs within 15 minutes (a major bug).
6. No Shiny Pokemons. (they are cute :))
Good Points :
1. I loved the way you gave documentation, hard work bro (y).
2. I loved the concept of harder game, Roxanne beat me 3 times, Ho-oH lol
3. May is looking cuter than ever, lol
4. Now one can form a dream team.

Please keep working on hack, I am cheering YOU !!!
:) :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 27, 2022
@OminousFlare: I agree with most of your opinion, but not to one thing. Best Blissey's nature is Natural Cure, not Serene Grace. Ok, maybe Serene Grace lets you get a 20% chance instead of 10% to Burn, Paralyze, Freeze etc. your opponent with your attacks, get a boost each time with Charge Beam or stuff like that, but Natural Cure shrugs off Toxic, Twave, Spore for your team acting as a Status Absorber and also makes it better for stalling purposes as it doesn't get affected by Status, simply getting rid of it switching (maybe to a physical wall in case you need to, like Skarmory) and not having to use Aromatherapy/Heal Bell. That's just my opinion, of course, based on my competitive battling experiences. But if we are gonna talk about that, after Gen V Blissey is just useless, Eviolite Chansey is just so much better as long as you don't stay in random Knock Offs.

@lavarider12: There's the attachment in the first post, at the end of it. Just click on it and the download will start. In case you mean the GBA file by "game", we can't do that. Read the rules.

BTW, yeah. This hack ROM is pretty good I think, even though there are some things that take out from it's overall value. I didn't really mind the fact that the graphics it's completely the same as normal Emerald, but I liked the fact that you were original with some things but still tried to keep a flavor-wise sensation to the ROM, like Charizard being Fire/Dragon or Kabutops Water/Steel, even though that's not really as correct as it should be. Another thing I didn't like was the fact that there was no Physical/Special/Status Split (I think so, there's no mention of it in the OP) so, before starting the game, I made a copy of it with the PSS patch in. Unfortunately, it has no Icons like Tlachtli's. (Did I write that correctly?) Anyways, here it is for who can't play without the Split like me:

Doomilicious

This did not work for me at all. When I patched this over it was just the regular emerald game.

Years
I found a problem with the documentation. It states that in the first battle against Wally, he uses the team of Exeggcute, Porygon, and Kirlia. I was just attempting to record the next episode of my Let's Play, and he sent out a Parasect.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
I'm a little torn on this hack. I like the idea of a difficulty change and new trainer teams, but I've always been a poke-purist when it comes to hacks and tend not to like base stat changes (no matter how tempting it is to try to make Shedinja viable, curse that loveable ghostbug).

The ability to individually rematch E4 members without running the whole gauntlet does sound like a great idea. Sad I didn't think of it :P

A little question:
Since this hack doesn't have the Physical/Special split, I've been wanting to apply the patch myself for personal use.
The thing is, will the game be affected someway if I do that?
The PSS patch should be compatible with any Emerald rom, hacked or no. The problem is that by default, the patch will treat every move as physical (because of the way it's written) after it's been applied. You'd need to go through and manually designate Physical or Special for all the moves with a tool like PGE after applying it.

I'd check the thread on it in the RnD section, someone may have an ips with those move changes already made. If there is one it should be safe to use, but I make no promises.

Unfortunately, it has no Icons like Tlachtli's. (Did I write that correctly?)
Sadly I can't make a hack-compatible ips for the icons, because it requires inserting images and ASM into free space (and there's no way to know if the creator would have used said space or not). However if you want to add them in manually, RaileysXerilyasRX wrote a pretty good mini-guide on it that should only take a few minutes to do. The process is just to insert an image, insert the provided ASM (or follow the alternate, hex-only instructions), and make a handful of hex edits.

(And you did get my name right ^^)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 26, 2014
Is it possible to randomize a patched emerald Rom? If yes, could someone explain, cause it doesn't work for me.

blue

gucci
Years
Updated the Patch from 1.41 to 1.42, this doesn't really include many major changes but rather focuses on fixing the mistakes in-game and documentation. The following changes have been made:

• Snorunt can now be found at Route 110
  • Dratini can now be found at Route 110
  • Bagon can now be found at Route 111
  • Taillow can now be found at Route 116
  • Several movepool changes have been made which can be found in the documents
  • Aerodactyl is now obtained through trading in Fortree City
  • Forretress loses its Bug-type and gains the Levitate ability
  • Changed a couple of abilities to specific Pokémon which can be found in the documentation
  • Changed some of the documents that previously had incorrect information
  • Bug Fixes
Where's Suicune? The document says it's in Shoal Cave, but it's not there.

Suicune can now be found outside Shoal Cave with the newest patch.

blue

gucci
Years
Got the new patch, he's still not inside or outside of Shoal Cave.

Should be in this location unless the event has already been activated:

PokemonEmerald_01-7.png

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 24, 2021
the best hack ever thanks man.

deserves more than 5 stars.

keep updating please.

good luck

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
Awesome hack, man. Seriously. Massive props to you. I've yet to see anybody on your level of difficulty expertise, aside from perhaps Drayano. This is exactly what I've been looking for in an Emerald hack.

I love what you've done with a lot of stat changes, and especially movepool edits. Water/Steel Blastoise is great, and a boosted Sceptile that can run Sunny Day/Chlorophyll/ Solarbeam is always appreciated. From Pidgeot to Delibird to Delcatty, you really know how to improve on most every Pokemon.

But I do have some critiques. Why take away the Bug typing of Forretress, then give it Levitate? The ability's great, but kinda unbalanced. (Though I do love that you added Levitate to the Magnemite line.) And there are some weird stat changes, like taking away the Sp. Attk of Grumpig while adding 20 points to its Attk. Why? And then you have, while a boosted Sp. Attk to Crawdaunt, you add in Dragon Dance and still boost its Attk. Why not give it Calm Mind? (Or a P/S split, but that could hurt some mons, namely Sceptile. Besides, I like the Gen 3 mechanics, even though Mighteyena is crap.)

Another small question is: Why did you remove the BW sprites? I loved them, though not the back sprites. I can understand wanting a nostalgiac feel to the game, but there's enough changes and crap Kanto/Johto sprites to warrant a shift to them(Ratatta, Pidgey, and Sneasel, anyone?).

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 22, 2014
whenever I leave the moving truck at the start the screen just goes black and nothing loads, plz help

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 1, 2017
Three words really describe this game: grind grind grind. The level curve means you have to grind after each gym leader. I swear, you spend more time grinding in this game then the actual story. If that bothers you, this this really isn't the game for you. I must say, I do have mixed feelings on this game. If you're looking for difficulty, this game is for you. Gym battles in particular are very difficult. Although, it gets annoying when you realize some stats and typings have been changed. You have no idea what could possibly be coming at you next. It's a good game, although I wish you didn't have to grind so much. It gets tedious and boring after a while.

Back