• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: [EM] Items, TMs, Tutor Moves Expansion

Trainer 781

yNbDnkM.png

It's me again guise guys.

As the title says, an easy way to expand Items, TMs and Tutor Moves. If you're familiar with how I do stuff, you'll probably know that I use python scripts and C/asm code. This time is no different. You set the parameters you want and run a python script that does everything.

Link -> https://github.com/DizzyEggg/ItemTmTutorExpansion

How to use it?
Spoiler:

Screen of expanded items in the Kurapika's Gen 3 Item Editor:
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
So after I apply this how would I be able to change the names of the TMs for 51 and downward?

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2023
I didn't understand that "One thing about the EXPANDED_BAG_OFFSET label" part. I used your pokemon expansion to insert 801 dex entries. So what i have to change in this script?

Years
I didn't understand that "One thing about the EXPANDED_BAG_OFFSET label" part. I used your pokemon expansion to insert 801 dex entries. So what i have to change in this script?

Take the offset in pokemon expansion. Divide your dex entries by 8 and add 1 to it. Add the result to the offset you took. Make sure it ends with 0, 4, 8 or C(if it doesn't just add 1 till it does). This is your expanded_bag_offset. :)

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 28, 2022
Take the offset in pokemon expansion. Divide your dex entries by 8 and add 1 to it. Add the result to the offset you took. Make sure it ends with 0, 4, 8 or C(if it doesn't just add 1 till it does). This is your expanded_bag_offset.

Please can you tell me which offset you are talking about... Is it the dex table on or another one? Please answer me...

Years
For some reason when i type "python scripts//items.py" into CMD, it says:
python: can't open file 'python scripts//items.py': [Errno 2] No such file or dictionary

What do i do about this? also right when i open python, it immediately closes, what do i do?

Years
So, Uh, i got this added in along with the battle engine upgrade, however when i look at the TM list, there's all these random letters instead of empty spots, is it supposed to be like this, or did i do something wrong.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 20, 2022
It's been quite a while since I've been active around here (life just doesn't give me the same amount of time for things anymore), just want to say thank you for your amazing tools. I would love to see all these things come together in an editor.

This is probably a very stupid question, it's been a while and I have so much to relearn, I don't even know where to start. If I remember correctly, items of particular usage are in indexes, for example to create a new evolution stone you would need to rearrange things and repoint items in the index. Am I dreaming that this was a thing? In your tool you can specify how many TMs and HMs you want but I see no options for any other items. Are there new methods for adding items that I'm unaware of? Or is it still up to the individual user to expand all the other item types? And if so, where could I come across the information necessary to do this successfully?

Years
This is probably a very stupid question, it's been a while and I have so much to relearn, I don't even know where to start. If I remember correctly, items of particular usage are in indexes, for example to create a new evolution stone you would need to rearrange things and repoint items in the index. Am I dreaming that this was a thing? In your tool you can specify how many TMs and HMs you want but I see no options for any other items. Are there new methods for adding items that I'm unaware of? Or is it still up to the individual user to expand all the other item types? And if so, where could I come across the information necessary to do this successfully?

This script expands items by creating new slots and adding them at the end of the table. It means that the items themselves have to be added by the user in an item editor. TMs are different, because they require changes to the game code, particularly bag.
I'm also not sure what you mean by 'expanding all the other item types'. Things like Berries or new poke balls would take some work, because they're not ordinary items. But all other items is just a matter of putting values in an item editor.

Back