• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Stars of Destiny [T] [OOC]

Anemone

break through the sky
Years
Ccu8eB5.png
- LORE EXPANSION
While the Alola Region is home to the Zodiac Signers, other regions have different patterns of Signers entirely to their own. Hoenn, where Lyra is from, is home to the Signers of the Summer Triangle, formed by the constellations Aquila, Cygnus and Lyra.

As she has only recently moved to the Alola region, Lyra is not eligible to receive a starter Pokémon there. Still, at her age, her parents encourage her to leave on her own journey by now... and what better (and safer) way to go than with the latest group of new explorers?

VSBattle_Girl.png
b1UaAbG.png

Lyra Tesar
Constellation: Lyra
Hometown: Dewford Town, Hoenn

Appearance:
Looking on the frail side even for a 15-year-old girl, Lyra has an appearance that she's not quite satisfied with. Dreaming of becoming a powerful fighter, her current petite stature isn't exactly what she has in mind. Though she trains quite a lot, she can't seem to gain any muscle, presumably because she's still growing. Furthermore her skin is rather pale by nature, and her light blonde hair is awkwardly tied up atop her head to keep it out of her eyes. The distinctive pattern of birthmarks is located on the front of her right shoulder. Her bright blue eyes brim with energy however, the one trait that makes her a vibrant appearance.
Her clothing usually consist of blue judo gear, with the white belt she received when she first began her training, and a white T-shirt underneath. She is known to go barefoot more than often, but if the situation calls for it she has a pair of brown sandals as well. Lyra doesn't wear any make-up, nail polish or anything of the sort - she simply has no interest for that sort of thing.​

History:
Lyra's family consists of five members, including her: her father Henry, her mother Ophelia, and her two older brothers named Adam and Thomas. They lived in a relatively small house on the island of Dewford. Her two brothers were a strong influence on Lyra, both being heavily invested in martial arts, but each in their own way. Adam, the oldest, was the defensive type, preferring being steadfast to powerful, and trained his Pokémon to become Hitmonchan as his partner. He aspires to achieve greatness in martial arts alongside his Pokémon, and aimed to support Brawly in his taking care of the Gym, even taking on challengers as a Gym Trainer in his stead from time to time. Thomas, the second child, rejected his older brother's philosophy and strived for sheer force. He left on a journey to defeat the Pokémon League and become the strongest man on the planet, and raised a Hitmonlee, in turn. Now, in true tradition of the Tesar family, Lyra has also been entrusted with a Tyrogue to assist in her training...​

Strengths:
+ Enthusiasm
If there's anything Lyra has no shortage of, it's her boundless enthusiasm. She is very easily excitable, and this seems to work contagiously on anyone surrounding her, making her a good motivator for her travel companions, as well.

+ Carefree
An islander at heart, Lyra is a very laid-back person, and won't let anything bother her - which comes in handy as a novice Contest participant, who's surely going to endure many losses yet. She is used to a simple life, and knows to find joy in little things and experiences rather than anything material.

+ Courageous
Lyra isn't one to back down from a challenge, and is near-fearless as a result. This is also because she tends to underestimate any danger she may be in however, or fail to take note of it at all. Still, her courage aids her in being able to aim high and protect herself and others, even when they feel unable to stand up for themselves.

+ Physically fit
Because of her rigorous daily training, Lyra has developed a good physical fitness, strength, and endurance. In fact, being so full of energy makes it difficult for Lyra to sit still for long periods of time at all. She is decent at swimming, running and climbing, even when doing it barefoot.

Weaknesses:
- Short Fuse
As easily fired up as she is, Lyra has a rather short fuse as well. There aren't many things that would make her do so, to be fair - but if you manage to mention one of the things that piss her off, be afraid, very afraid of her fury raining down on you.

- Careless
Lyra is known to be rather forgetful and careless in her daily life as well. Still a bit of a child in that regard, she doesn't pay much attention to time constraints, can be scatterbrained and lose track of her belongings, and generally mess up quite a bit if she doesn't pay attention properly.

- Naive
Third, Lyra is rather naive, and easily deceivable. Always assuming the best in people, she may not realise any evil intent others may harbor towards her or in general. Tying into this, she can be rather oblivious as well, being unable to pick up on any 'hints' people may drop for her, as well.

- Insecure
Because both of her brothers, in her eyes at least, have set such a strong name for themselves, and a goal to strive for, Lyra can sometimes become rather insecure about her own future. She's unsure about who she is, and what she wants - or needs - to become in life. Knowing she's always been boyish, she kind of admires very feminine girls, viewing them as having shed off their childishness.​

Starter Pokémon:
240px-236Tyrogue.png
Tyrogue

Starter Nickname:
Jet​

Starter Ability:
Vital Spirit​

Starter Moveset:
Bullet Punch / Tackle / Fake Out / Endure / Foresight

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Lyra Tesar

Well, I said your character is okay, I'll just adjust the story a bit! Accepted!

Naivety seems to be a running theme here. xD

Anywho, In this week's episode of: Xander takes a whole new level of crazy...

"Oho, you flatter me too often dear," Lusamine replied, bushing her hair aside. "But perhaps it's common for humans to treasure their goddesses? In this space, at least. Yes, no matter the Pokemon, I will cherish it within my heart. And cherish it... forever."

Lusamine crept closer to Haru, as she slowly crept her hand and placed it upon Haru's right cheek. "Haru... was your name, correct? she said. "Never forget the display of beauty that you've shown me here today. Of course, you won't remember what transpired here, it doesn't hurt to be hopeful, right?"

"Ah, but I do have one more question for you before you go back to your reality. If you can characterize your beauty, would it be comparable to the Sun, or the Moon? Choose wisely..."

"My, my, that's cute. You remind me of a spry Vigoroth, ready for action! Take that as you will, you'll learn about true strength from a Slaking in time. This, I promise you..." Lusamine crossed her arms, giving Jordan a calm look. "Just tell me one more thing. Why do you want to be strong? What's really in it for you?"

"To 'bond' with...?" Lusamine repeated, seemingly disgusted with his answer. "Bah, but bonds can not create true beauty! Suit yourself, however. Just one more question before we part ways..."

"Would you betray the world, just to protect a friend?"

"Haha... you're a very modest young lad, are you not?" Lusamine pointed out. "Very well then. Allow me just one more question before I send you back to reality then. "

"In front of you, there are two pokemon: one representing freedom, and one representing order. Which would you choose?"

"My, my, you are great with women, are you not? I almost found you quite beautiful there... Lusamine said, giving a light chuckle. "Showing the world just how strong female pokemon are? Well, my own pokemon are all female themselves, so, I look forward to that sort of progress on your end. Very well then."

"One more question. If you were a pokemon yourself, what sort of pokemon would you be?"

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
picture.php
Prudence Flowers​
---/---/---

----

"Very well," Lusamine replied. "In my own answer, I would harness all Pokémon to my arms, even those from places and regions far away from this one... Is not what a true goddess of beauty does? Now, see? That wasn't so hard. If you keep answering questions like a good obedient child, I will accept your beauty. Now then..."

"Second Question: What sort of Pokemon Trainer will you be?"

"That sounds so lovely," Prudence began, enjoying the thought of every single Pokémon attempting to initiate a cuddle party with her. "O-oh, but that's so... many. How would you even fit them all in your arms?" she questioned, the thought of being squished among the weight of the adorable critters making her cringe. "Unless you like, pile them up and you simply spread out and hug them all from above? That doesn't sound like a bad idea actually, although... some would be squished in the middle."

Prudence halted her train of thought and glanced at the direction of the goddess' voice, or where she perceived it to be, and grinned. "But um yeah, anyway, to your question... what Pokémon Trainer I would like to be? That was the question, right? Yeah, it was, sorry haha. Um." Again, she gave herself a moment to think of a thorough answer.

The images of well-renowned trainers began to pop inside Prudence. Their sleek, jet black hair, golden eyes, tan skin, fiery red passions, icy cold stares, snow white hair, you name it, they looked so... mesmerizing. Whether it was striving for the medal or saving the lives of the less fortunate, any trainer was greeted with adoration. And it was during Prudence's memory dump involving every trainer she's seen on television that she began to form an answer.

"Again, I never really thought about this... kinda like the last question, I'm kind of lost. But I think I might have the answer." She blinks and rids of her mental pictures, now focused on the potential Pokémon she will befriend. What if it's a Starmie? A Bisharp? A Gallade? How about an adorable Torchic? Maybe even... owning a cute team of Pokémon? Oh, the memories she will make, how exciting!

"I know!" she blurts out without thinking, not wanting to lose the answer before it floats away. "While it might not be the best answer," she adds in quickly, doubting herself before continuing, "At least I do know that I want my team to consider me somebody they trust, not just an 'owner' or 'master.' I mean, I know it feels kinda cool to be considered that, but that's besiiiiides the point." Her mind allows for imaginary Pokémon to pop into view, dancing around her. Prudence's eyes follow their movements, a small smile forming without her knowing. "I think the best feeling is to feel utter, complete happiness. Is that a thing? Well, not to some, but I've felt it before. Free of stress, free of commitment, surrounded by the ones you love... yeah, it's good. I love it. And that's the kind of trainer I want to be, or at least try. To bring my Pokémon the happiness they deserve. If they like brawling it out with style, then well, I guess that will do. If doing some cool stunts while sending bubbles towards the opponent is their thing, then that's amazing too, you get what I mean? Yeah? I mean... I hope you do, haha."

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
Years
"Ah, but I do have one more question for you before you go back to your reality. If you can characterize your beauty, would it be comparable to the Sun, or the Moon? Choose wisely..."

"M-My beauty?!" Haru's face flushed, embarrassed, but also delighted. 'Lusamine-san complimented me! She's so close too!' Zoey, who woke up as saw the scene, jumped up on her shoulder.
"Yip!" She nudged her master's cheek, breaking her thoughts. Haru glanced at Zoey and smiled.
"Thanks Zoey." Haru petted the Zorua's head and turned to her idol. "Wait... Me? To the Sun or Moon? The sun gets a lot of attention and brightens up the day....but the moon gets less attention and watches over all....Well..." Haru glanced at Zoey then at her bracelets, and back to her idol. "To be honest, I don't think I would be anything like the Sun or Moon. I'm like the combination of both more like it. One minute in cheerful, then shy the next. It's kind of like a switch."

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
"M-My beauty?!" Haru's face flushed, embarrassed, but also delighted. 'Lusamine-san complimented me! She's so close too!' Zoey, who woke up as saw the scene, jumped up on her shoulder.
"Yip!" She nudged her master's cheek, breaking her thoughts. Haru glanced at Zoey and smiled.
"Thanks Zoey." Haru petted the Zorua's head and turned to her idol. "Wait... Me? To the Sun or Moon? The sun gets a lot of attention and brightens up the day....but the moon gets less attention and watches over all....Well..." Haru glanced at Zoey then at her bracelets, and back to her idol. "To be honest, I don't think I would be anything like the Sun or Moon. I'm like the combination of both more like it. One minute in cheerful, then shy the next. It's kind of like a switch."

Not bad, but just be careful to space your lines accordingly! I'd would of prefer it if you made your RP post like this, for more readability sake:

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
raKSdPt.png
Name: Jordan Wray
Team: ???

Jordan didn't feel the need to lean forward for this answer, and actually sank back into the comforts of the chair. Somehow, she had been expecting this question, and the response came back to her so naturally it almost felt practiced. She felt a thin smile run across her face, no way this dream is making her feel self conscious.

"When given the choice between strong and weak it is only basic human, no living, nature to want to be strong. In a certain pessimistic way, you can say that the strong get what they want, and the weak get what's left. You see it in nature all the time, just look at Alola's little Rattata problem. In their society, the weak gather the food deemed "good" for the boss, while the others eat what the boss doesn't.

"And it's not restricted to Pokemon either. It's harder to see in our wondrous post-scarcity economies we run, but it is still there. The strong own the businesses that the weak buy from; just look at the monopoly Silph Co. has on Pokeballs despite the fact that you can make Pokeballs from simple apricorns. The strong also make the laws the weak follow. Even material items, the best are created and sold to the strong, how many normal people do you see with luxury cars?

"Fortunately," she added on after pausing a moment, "I'm not that pessimistic. I don't want to lord my power over the so called common people, that only breeds resentment. Just look at our own disgruntled Team Skull, a bunch of people deemed weak and learning there is strength in numbers.

"No, what I really want are options. I have my life, and I want complete control over it. If I want to become a Trial Captain somewhere down the line, I have that option. Maybe I just want to settle down and become an accountant, turns out being a strong trainer isn't all that great; well that is another one of many options. Surely you feel it, being so powerful yourself. Being that strong has unparalleled levels of freedom. You can up and leave the Aether Foundation and have nearly any job you want, people will fall over themselves to have you in their employ.

"That freedom, the fact that everyone wants you and you set the terms. That is why I want to be strong."

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
BENNY

007MS.png
190MS.png

"To 'bond' with...?" Lusamine had a look on her face of pure disgust. Benny did not care for this woman, but shifted around as she said, "Bah, but bonds can not create true beauty! Suit yourself, however. Just one more question before we part ways..."

The beauty of the world and bonding with my friends is enough for me...

Would you betray the world, just to protect a friend?

"I'm not comfortable answering that question," Benny said, feeling his face burn from the audacity of the question. "At the end of the day, only the people you care about and the experiences with them live on with you. I hope to never be put into a place to betray the world or my friends."

Years

Orpheus Ejemo

"Haha... you're a very modest young lad, are you not?" Lusamine pointed out. Orph shrugged, an apologetic smile on his face.

"Very well then. Allow me just one more question before I send you back to reality, then. In front of you, there are two pokemon: one representing freedom, and one representing order. Which would you choose?"

"Freedom or order? That's kinda vague... I guess freedom would be preferable, but order is essential to society. Without order, nothing would ever get done. But without freedom, life isn't really worth living... Me personally, I'd take the Pokemon that represents order. I feel like that one would have a good head on its shoulders, and we'd get along really well."

"It was fun talking to you, my lady. Not sure if you're a dream, or an astral projection, or just me going crazy, but it's been fun. Maybe I'll see you again some day?"

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 15, 2018
Seems much better to me!

Only concern is, do you promise to be active? Right now you only have 3 posts, so I'm just concerned about your activity on that front.
I promise I'll be active, your posting requirments should be easily kept :) I'm just more of a lurker then a poster.

Last edited:
Years
Man, sickness and finals is not a good combination. Progress has been slow, but thankfully tomorrow's another half day of school and I should be able to finish. :3

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018

?
Whereabouts
Temperament
Insight
Accolades
771.png
255.png

~ MAKOA HALLUCINATES!

Drunk from a surreal sensation identical to the experience of become dazing by some thunderous impact followed by a excruciatingly hot white flash, Makoa could barely grasp his own cognition to collect his thoughts within this wondrous sea that occupied the cavities of his mind. At least, he assumed this was some hazy dream he stumbled into after passing out from heatstroke after a long day working out in the sun as the usual drudge he was. This odd scenario was nothing disconcerting for Makoa, as his barren body developed a propensity to naturally collapse under an accumulation of heat waves seemingly without suffering from any long-term mortal conditions. At least, that's how it's always been for the former chucker; never did he ever consider his life to be in any real peril. Concluding that he had but a minor mishap and would shortly meet the living world once more, Makoa quickly relieved himself of any anxiety or doubt he may have had before and glued his expectations to the standard procedure when handling these trips.

But an unanticipated occurrence struck the chrome dome with a jolt and a chill, displacing certainty with a hint of fear. There was a peculiar voice spawned from the mouth of a woman's... or so Makoa surely thought to himself. Perhaps it could have been a very, very delicate male who was capable of being as handsome as any other male; obviously excluding the paradigm of burliness, which was Makoaor so he liked to believe.

Amidst his own stupefaction, a few uttered words scurried past his ears and Makoa nearly missed the opportunity to hear the rest of this rather alluring stranger's ornate oration. " Now don't fret, you're not dead. Or perhaps we are dead and we're just in limbo right now. I can never figure out which, " they assured Makoa of his well-being with a superfluous amount of dismay, " Whichever the case may be, I am a goddess here. Your goddess. Now, don't try and run away... I will catch you and pinch you by the ears, and it will hurt. Just stay calm, and listen to what I'm about to ask you. "

"First Question: what sorts of Pokémon do you love the most? "

" Pyukumuku, " was the first thing to come into the gofer's barren head. There was no hesitation and no further elaboration beyond awkward silence. Contextually, one could easily interpret that instantaneous answer as both facetious and snide; though oddly enough, Makoa was indeed being sincere despite how poorly crude his response was. Given his past experience working with the aforementioned Pyukumuku, this chucker has grown quite fond of species and even managed to tame one as his very first Pocket Monster.

" Very well, " Lusamine replied, " In my own answer, I would harness all Pokémon to my arms, even those from places and regions far away from this one... Is not what a true goddess of beauty does? " she rhetorically asked, though Makoa believed it to be a legitimate question given the circumstances, " Now, see? That wasn't so hard. If you keep answering questions like a good obedient child, I will accept your beauty. Now then... "

" Second Question: What sort of Pokemon Trainer will you be? "

Unlike before, Makoa actually took a moment to conjure up an answer, if only for the slightest second. Perking himself up with a newfound bravado, he called out his own confidence through a pose comparable to a superstar from a cheesy action flick. Locked in stance, he boldly exclaimed : " There's only one viable answer for that question, " he boldly exclaimed as if making a concrete statement, " and that is, to be the very best -- compassion, power, courage and even love; Makoa shall transcend all of them and more, to achieve divine allure across the globe and usher humanity into a new shining era! Why, anything less would be a fruitless gesture! "

(Special shoutout to Kiyo/Elwood, inspirational credit for the CSS style and almost everything else. I am one of his lovestruck fangirls ~ squeeee)

Last edited:

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
Years
  • Age 108
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
(( more or less, robin is more uncertain, irresolute. i'm going to develop into someone confident, more forward, firm. that's the plan. (: ))

Robin Layton

Ah...! He remembers now who she is and her words. Silly him, he was more focused on where he is and how it happened that he did not absorbed the introduction she put forth. The Aether Foundation, well-known for their nature to love all Pokemon and care for them.

To think, he'd encounter their President. It felt humbling at the same time, made him a bit skittish. Lusamine had a presence that overwhelmed his. Brighter, beautiful, she shined and dazzled so much it was too blinding. Definitely a goddess, she is. (And yet–?)

He shifted in his feet, the way she said her answer made him… uncomfortable? You can say. "But…" he starts and the words he was about to say faded away, hesitant to counter with his reply. Then what of the trainers who loved theirs? It's impossible to have them all, it will never be simple. Robin wanted to say. It is unrealistic, a faraway dream that would never happen.

(No, you can't fulfil it into an exact T but does that mean you can't do all you can to make it true? That you can't have them all doesn't mean that you can't protect most? Small steps, even just a quarter, to make it come true and that is enough.)

Scrambling for something to say, he was relieved when a question had been asked. He brightens up at the second one, which he can answer with no doubt. "I'll be the trainer that would trust their potential to grow and for them to trust me in return." Robin smiled, tad happy, starting to getting carried away. "I won't let them down no matter what; I'd be with them till the end. I won't give up. A trainer that they'd be proud of! I'd love them with all my heart." here, his smile softened. "I'd be the trainer whose Pokemon will feel mutually; treasuring another and moving forward together, no matter the bumps we face."

Though it can't be possible, for not all would be moved and not all would change even through bonds that they may ignore. Robin won't give up, the world is black and white and he'll do his best.

That is, if he can.

He'd overcome the challenges… right?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
zJX1OUS.gif
Will Xander
Somewhere In Alola
Prologue | Interview With A Goddess

Current Party:
popplio.gif
rockruff.gif
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png

Will closed his eyes for a moment, thinking carefully on just how to respond to this question. He had never really expected to be asked about which sort of Pokémon he would be. In fact, it vaguely reminded him of some sort of personality quiz that one would see in those teen girl magazines.

"...Grass," Will eventually answered, returning his gaze onto Lusamine. "People always give it a hard time, but... I've always looked at grass types in a different light. They've got a vulnerable side to them, yeah. But at the same time, they have the potential to grow strong and beautiful at the same time. In a way, I think that as a new trainer, that would describe me in a sense. I know it probably sounds weird, but..."

He shook his head, before giving the woman a quick smile. He had given the self-proclaimed Goddess the answer to her question. Now, he just needed to wait and see if she approved.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Woo, well done friends! IC will pop up sometime today, so have a lookout for that! Lemme explain about the Roleplay IC: obviously your character would have no memory about what has happened within their 'dream' or whatever you want to call it, so they'd go on their day like normal.

When your character arrives in the Alolan Festival, they will get whatever starter pokemon they need to get, and they will be organized sorta randomly in one of two teams: Team Sun, or Team Moon, led by two captains. Your character will receive points for whatever missions or battles that will go on the RP, which will also count for points for their team. But just because they are in a team, doesn't mean that your character have to go along with a group. You can go along the journey as an individual, or you can work together with other characters, or maybe you'd like to meet rivals from the other team; it's up to what you want to do.

Being connected with each other is something that I'd recommend doing to get the most enjoyment out of this journey RP (or heck any RPs in general), so obviously feel free to interact with characters anytime they're ready to, but you're also free to create your own plotlines and such too. You'll see the main plot as we go along this RP, of course. So, stay strong, and stay diligent!

That being said, two questions - is there anything you want out of this RP? Like experiences, or any concerns, any suggestions, and whatnot?

Which character other than your own, interests you? o:

Last edited:

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
Oh haha, loved the mock-up interview! It did help me get a better feel of my character before I jump in, not to mention something to look back on if I have writer's block.

But that aside, quite ecstatic for the IC!
That being said, two questions - is there anything you want out of this RP? Like experiences, or any concerns, any suggestions, and whatnot?

Which character other than your own, interests you? o:

Experiences are what I'm aiming for. To make friends, both in the RP and out if possible, as well as a means to better my writing and keeping in character. It will be both a rewarding and growing experience for me (:

As for characters, they all interest me! I'm looking forward to getting to see everybody unravel and reveal their character's true colors, or Pokemon's if they place emphasis on them, as the RP progresses. Also just as curious as to what friendships (and possibly relationships?) will form, both obvious and surprising ones ^ ^

Back