• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Z: A Kalos Journey [M] [OOC]

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Sigh, I was too late to claim missions. ANyway, if it is not possible to do a JP with the old rod mission, can I claim number 1 :sighs":

Years
I'll take Mission 5. Clearly, Joey and Timmy need a little outside perspective on the situation. Newt's got this.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
And ah, Rai will do some form of custom mission.

jombii

Years
dungeon maker said we're fine to do JP on the old rod mission! :)

I'll be dropping my reservation for mission 1 :)

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024

75q44xt.png

Da Weekly Zhak-date

So you're wondering...The ****?

Well the Weekly Shak-date is a post I'll make once a week to update you guys on the most important and crucial bits of information that will more than likely affect you guys. The majority of the stuff I say in these will have been said in the Discord chat prior. So unfortunately, despite the title, no date with me.

Stage Length
So first order of funiness business is the length of the arcs. These will happen every monday from this monday onward, barring any delays for whatever reason. Since I'm burnt out of creative/quirky juices I'll let the other GM's explain that one.

Each stage will last for roughly one week IRL time. This period of time will be set, give or take a few days based on the majority progress.

If you're ready to move onto the next stage it is very important that you post it in the OOC. As if everyone is ready to progress we will do so immediately.

If the game progresses and you were not finished in the current stage you will not be removed, however you may have to retcon your characters activities with a quick and snappy summary ending at the beginning of the next Stage.

End of Act Stages will more than likely be considerably longer than the regular time limit.

In short, obviously...

Progress Tracker

https://etherpad.net/p/Z_Pokémon_Tracker

This is a thing. While it's primarily there to keep track of the pokemon you've collected and the moves they know throughout their journey, you may also want to list things like particular allies or NPCs you may want to return to later or how long you have before an egg hatches for example. This will get more and more useful the longer we go.

$tacking paper

So this is an RP...that doesn't give you the right to be unlimited OP hacks. Money should be tracked so that you can buy items and stuff, but of course, it is an RP, so the rules on that are lenient. Items cost what they do in game, so you're counted on to do the research there. For those that havent started yet or havent tracked it yet, your starting money is anything between 500-2500 poke. Dont just go for the higher end either. Consider your characters background and source of the money when listing how much your character well have.

Arent you guys lucky. You're getting a Shak-date edit so early. These changes should answer adventure's questions

> Players can earn money through: Winning battles, Completing Missions, Lucky Drops and Selling Items.

> The money earned through a trainer battle is an increasing amount based on the Act the RP is in. For Act 1 this amount is 100-600 Poké and so long as the amount is thematically appropriate for the opponent then it won't be an issue. For beating a gym leader, a layer will receive the maximum payment for the act, but doubled. (For Act 1, winning a gym battle nets 1200 poké).

> Each mission has a set reward the player will obtain during the mission, this may be money.

> The GM's starting in Stage 2 will have a chart with various items and money amounts. Everytime you make a post while on a mission, there is a chance you will get an item from this chart which you may include as being found by your character during their next post. This lucky drop may be varying amounts of money. You have a higher chance of obtaining Lucky Drops on Special or Custom missions.

> You may sell any item available for purchase in the X/Y games to a pokémart for half the buying price. If the items is not a buyable items but is still commonly sold (in the case of the nugget, stardust, etc.) then it sells for its selling price in the X/Y games.

So thats it for the first weekly Shak-date. In future, these will probably come on the following Tuesday after the new stage post is made. They will always contain important information if there is any that week, but if these get more frequent than important info comes, I'm slow them down accordingly. until next time, enjoy posting ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I love the shak date, but how do we gain more money, what is a typical sum to win in battles etc?

Last edited:
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
That's actually a good question, and something I hadn't really thought of. I'll conspire with my Co-GM when he's available, but as of now I'd say it's one of three things.
1 - Players can choose how much, within reason.
2 - GMs assign the cash after reading the post depends on what was achieved (I'd say this mostly applies to gym battles)
3 - We have a chart that shows what type of sums you'll get from certain missions, battles, interactions or maybe just lucky drops that you can just find randomly in posts when the GMs are feeling generous.

Either way, I'll get back to you on that one.

jombii

Years
Do new Pokemon also get an egg move upon capture or is it always the first four ones?

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
For those who haven't been keeping up in the Discord chat: Basically, I somehow convinced my sister to be a part of the RP. My posts are probably gonna be in a JP style or a dual post thing, I don't know right now. (Also, BONUS: Click here for pictures of Fondue!)
EDIT: For the sake of convenience, just call my sister SkittyEevee or just Skitty/Skitt for short.

Name: Dahlia D. Adoraci?n, at your service. Some people may call me ?The Graceful Dahlia? instead. (Oh, and my middle name is Demetrio.)

Gender: Did you confused me for a female? Don?t worry, many people seem to always confuse me as one. No, I?m just a cute and gentle flower that identifies as male.

Hometown: Believe it or not, but I?m from the Almia region! I lived in the simple town of Vientown, or as most of my family seems to like calling it, Vent?polis...Er, it?s a Spanish thing, it seems.

Physical Appearance: (Drawing done by my sister) (Click me for Eevee's original drawing)
Spoiler:

Strengths: Mmm, let me think for a moment?

Stylist and designer: I have been known to be quite the master when it comes to styling hair and designing certain types of clothes...Well, okay, ?choosing which clothes match each other? is a better way of saying that, but still.

Never loses his composure (Usually): Keeping your ?cool? and being in a relaxed state of mind is usually a must in certain situations. Not only does it make you look more like an adult, it also allows you to plan out things more precisely. Although, I might lose my composure at certain times...

Knows a lot about (And REALLY LOVES) flowers, especially roses: Well, not a lot per-say, but at least enough to know what I?m talking about. I would never harm any sort of plant whatsoever unless they somehow get on my bad side in some way. I love all flora equally, but I can safely say that roses are definitely the queen of the crop.

I love my sister: She is but a delicate little flower, and unless it?s a battle, no one shall dare try to lay even a finger on her. Those who do will have to deal with me first. Siccing my Pok?mon is too good enough of a fate for the ones who try to bully the weak. No, I would rather let my fists do the talking...

Weaknesses: ((Due to Dahlia outright lying in this section, we?re temporarily switching to the usual 3rd-person writing style for this part.))

Kindness is a vice: While Dahlia is very kind, he is not as kind as his sister and seems to love using his kindness as a way of manipulating or persuading others to do his usually naughty deeds. When this happens, he always seems to have a kind but devilish grin across his face. He also uses his kind demeanor as a way to increase the blow in some of his speeches, where he uses brutal honesty and a dark tone of voice in order to drive his point across.

I said I?m fine with ugly Pok?mon, but I?m absolutely not fine with dirtying my hands with mud!: Anything that can stain his clothes or make his hands all sticky is not something Dahlia would not want to bother touching. He?s a bit of a neat freak when it comes to his clothing, and is always cleaning or tidying them up. One stain is enough to make him scream in terror, while much more can make him even faint. He also has this attitude towards his Pok?mon, making sure they are all neat and clean, with not even a spot of dust on them. This also means he doesn?t like seeing other people having very dirty clothes as well, and might kindly ask them if he can clean them up.

No matter what you say, I?m forever perfect in my eyes.: Dahlia doesn?t like admitting to his weaknesses nor fears. Even if you flat-out admit a flaw in anything he has done, he?ll just handwave it off like it?s nothing. It?s possible for this aspect of him may lead him to his downfall.

Aspirations: I dream of becoming a Pok?mon Coordinator~! I have always believed that the best aspect of a Pok?mon is their inner beauty. Like a rose, no matter what name they have, it would smell just as sweet. In other words, no matter how ugly a Pok?mon may look, they still have a chance at showing how charming and beautiful they can really be~ However, I would also like to accel at Pok?mon battling, and hey, who couldn?t say a Coordinator doesn?t have a chance to be the champion? Besides, if I can?t properly battle, then I can?t really compete at a contest! Also, I want to prove to Fondue that I am absolutely not a pansy.

Rivals: Should I even call them rivals? There more like...friends of a sort, to me. Well, okay, one of them is my friend (sorta?), who seems to like the idea of being my (mostly) mean rival who will step on my dreams in anyway she can. The other is my sibling, who I would only ever have a friendly rivalry with.

For starters, there?s Fondre Tonnerre, or as I like to call her, Fondue. Where do I begin with her...She?s 18 and has been in Aquacorde for all her life. She?s usually a pushy and mean-spirited person, what you might usually call a Tsundere. Seems to like messing with people and looking down upon them. Of course, I wasn?t afraid of a scoundrel like her, and after some?.well, arrangements, both of us decided to become the best of friends~! Even if both of us question that fact sometimes?

And then there?s my lovable little sister, Caroline C. Adoraci?n (The C stands for Che~), who always seems to love following me in my footsteps. She would even copy my movements, or do things that I would usually do. She?s 14, and yet she looks and acts almost like an 11-year-old. At first, her dream was the same as mine: To become an experienced Pok?mon Coordinator. But after watching certain live shows, she wants to be a Pok?mon Performer instead. She?s a very sweet little girl, with a love for baking sweets and dressing up in many pretty dresses. She likes helping others, and always seems to have one or two Pok?mon following her for some reason, even if they?re not owned by her. It?s probably due to her cute charms. It?s too bad she?s a very easy person to manipulate into doing certain deeds?.

scatterbug.gif

Starter Pok?mon: A cute little Scatterbug~!

Nickname: Dolores was the name I bestowed upon the fragile budding flower.

Gender: A female, who shall grow up to become a beautiful rose~

Moveset: A Rose must protect itself, even as a bud.

• Tackle
  • String Shot
  • Stun Spore
  • Bug Bite
Ability: Shield Dust, which blocks any additional effects from an opponent?s attack, if it has any. It?s also unaffected by contact moves enhanced by Poison Touch. How unfortunate that certain status moves, like Thunder Wave, is unaffected by this ability...

Roleplay Sample: Oh! Do you want to see an example of my amazing writing skills? Teehee, okay then?
((Dahlia requested that Caroline?s information was written on a form instead of doing an interview, due to her not being the best at lengthy ?adult talks?. Although, Dahlia had to add some information in some areas.))

Name: Caroline C. (Che) Adoraci?n

Hometown: Vientown, Almia region

Physical Appearance:
Spoiler:

Strengths:
Kindness is a virtue: Caroline is kind to any Pok?mon she meets, immediately trying to become friends with them. She is also very nice to anyone she meets unless they immediately give a bad impression to her. She will always make sure to help people in need, no matter how hard the task is.

She?s very adorable: And it seems like she knows it since she doesn?t hesitate to dress up in cute dresses or do cute things that will make people gush over her. She also loves doing cute things in general.

Very good at baking: She has a knack for baking sweets and desserts. Anything else will be a terrible mess.

Weaknesses:
Please treat me like an adult!: While Caroline is a 14-year-old, she looks and has the mannerisms of an 11-year-old. Due to this, she is always in situations where she will act childish in order to get what she wants, which never works out. This may lead to some people getting annoyed at her childish behavior.

You?re not the boss of me!: Due to being very kind and innocent, Caroline is easily manipulated and tricked by adults and certain other individuals, which includes her brother. Of course, he only usually does it as tricks, but sometimes he does it for his little naughty deeds.

Do we really have to fight?: When it comes to Pok?mon battling, Caroline is...not someone who is keen on battling everyone she meets. This is due to the fact that she was born in a region that doesn?t really deal with Pok?mon battles. She always makes sure her brother does the battling instead. She usually is only keen on fighting when it involves either a double battle alongside her brother or when her brother is in need of being protected. Although she?s fine with battling certain people?.

Aspirations: Since she has a thing for doing anything her brother likes to do or liking anything her brother likes, it made way too much sense for Caroline to share the same dream that her brother is trying to pursuit: becoming a professional Pok?mon Coordinator. However, after moving to Kalos, and watching certain live shows, she has become much more interested in becoming a Pok?mon Performer. This is not only a way to show her love of Pok?mon, but it?s also a way to stay true to her original wishes of being a coordinator, by showing how charming Pok?mon can be while not in battle.

Rivals: Her rivalry with her brother, Dahlia, is more of a friendly rivalry than anything else. Her rivalry with his friend, Fondre, is anything but. Both always seem to butt heads with each other, both always gets involved in some sort of argument or conflict, and Caroline believes that she?s the only one who can have a long-time relationship with her brother.

litwick.gif

Starter Pok?mon: Litwick

Nickname: Candle

Moveset: Acid, Ember, Astonish, Minimize

Ability: Flash Fire (Powers up the Pok?mon's Fire-type moves if it's hit by one.)

Roleplay Sample: ((Due to this being my sister?s character, I don?t think she really can show some sort of example...?))

Last edited:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
Stage 2
Santalune Forest​

Pok?mon Available:​
caterpie.gif
weedle.gif
scatterbug.gif
pidgey.gif
fletchling.gif
hoothoot.gif
zigzagoon.gif
volbeat.gif
illumise.gif
metapod.gif
kakuna.gif
pansage.gif
pansear.gif
panpour.gif
aipom.gif
pikachu.gif
pachirisu.gif
foongus.gif
nincada.gif
cottonee.gif
rattata.gif
burmy.gif
combee.gif
sewaddle.gif
pineco.gif
slakoth.gif
shroomish.gif
petilil.gif

Pok?mon Available to those undertaking Missions in the burning section of the forest:
houndour.gif
growlithe.gif

Pok?mon available to those in possession of a fishing rod or to those undertaking Mission 7:
tympole.gif
wooper.gif
barboach.gif
basculin.gif
basculin.gif

Missions:​
This Stage introduces ? missions. ? missions are special missions that often times will provide a player character with some unique rewards that may open up more unique mission opportunities down the line, as well as create the hooks needed for some unique personal plot developments for the writers savvy enough to use them creatively.

It is imperative to note that ? missions are designed to create and set up interesting developments for all characters down the line. Every mission and post is worthwhile and equally important to every character's personal plotline (all of which I am immensely enjoying thus far). ? Missions are only here to help push the main plot forward, as well as to allow players to have a more active role in said plot, thus allowing inidividual player stories and an overall narrative to exist side by side harmoniously.

Certain ? missions will have a player limit, allowing or forbidding multiple players from signing up for one as a JP.

There will usually be an average of 0-2 ? missions per stage, as such many players may desire to undertake them. So, for 24 hours after a new stage is posted, anyone (or any group) may claim a ? mission and of those who do a dice will be rolled to determine who receives it. We hope this will also allow those trainers not interested in the current ? missions to have a better chance at getting the regular missions they want!

---

This stage will also introduce repeatable and open missions. Repeatable missions cannot be claimed and can be undertaken by anyone, at any time during the stage, multiple times if desired. If a single player does a mission multiple times, they will only be able to claim the reward twice, however. Open missions are much the same, but any one player may only complete and open mission once.

---

Finally the amount of regular missions per stage has increased from 9 to 12.

Now then! Onto the missions.

? Mission:​
The source of the fire is hidden behind a wall of raging flame at the North-East section of the forest, you've seen Jackson Crane sprinting through the woods in this direction, for your own reasons you decide to head there as well.

Reward: Team Cinder Identification Card

Restrictions: 1 player only. Player will be JPing with GM Jay playing as Jackson Crane and ???.

REPEATABLE Mission 1:​
Strange men and women with black suits and menacing auras have released a hoard of wild Houndour and Growlithe into the forest... thus starting a raging fire! Someone needs to calm these pok?mon down and quick!

Reward: 300 Pok? + 1 Burn Heal

Mission 2:​
A lone Pineco has been badly burned and injured by the roaring flames, the tree it once resided in has fallen and not only trapped it into a secluded grove, but blocked off the most convenient route through the forest. Pok?mon Ranger Francis is doing his best to clear the way and carry the Pineco to safety, but his only pok?mon, a pansage, is ill suited to putting out the flames.

Reward: 3 Rawst Berries + 1 Ranger's Red Jacket.

Mission 3:​
Flames have surrounded an innocent family of Weedle and Kakuna! A wild Beedrill has been driven into a rage due to this situation... Lenny the bug catcher hates to see his favourite types in such pain and he's willing to give a nice reward to anyone who can stop the Beedrill and put out the flames.

Reward: Bug Net

OPEN Mission 4:​
The Kalosian Pok?mon Rangers have arrived on the scene of the fire and are doing everything in their power to assist in the containment of, extuinguishing of and protection from the flames. As well as this they are attempting to rescue and calm various wild pok?mon on the scene. Assist the Rangers in their tasks for morals, reward or both.

Reward: Honorary Ranger Membership + 1 Berry of your Choice + 250 Pok?

Mission 5:​
The Gym leader of Santalune, Viola, loves photography... however a pesky Ninjask is just too fast to snap. Working with Viola's Masquerain, track down and get a shot of this pesky critter and hand it over to Viola for a nice reward.

Reward: TM Struggle Bug

Mission 6:​
Youngster Joey has finished his argument on the route before and he's raring to go with all of that anger. His rattata is in the top percentage of all rattata and he's betting his Dad's special pok?ball on his claim. Go prove this kid wrong.

Reward: 300 P + 1 Heavy Ball

Mission 7:​
The police have sealed off the Northern Entrance to stop people from getting too close to the fire... But a few dedicated bug catchers have snuck in and can't be found anywhere. Track them down and send them back, the police can handle them from there. These cops are probably paying too.

Reward: 800 Pok?

Mission 8:​
The Roselia Fountain in Santalune city has stopped flowing... and the natural water source fueling it, a lake in the forest, needs to be checked out. Lass Anna has volunteered to look into it, but the police say she's missing. Some investigation might be required, for the lake and for Anna herself. Officer Darius, on the scene, may have some scuba gear on hand...

Reward: TM Water Pulse

OPEN Mission 9​
They say that a man sitting atop a large hill deep in the forest knows the mystical secrets behind a pok?mons inner power. Aspiring trainers might find this local tale to be worth pursuing... though the hill is often frequented by wild pok?mon...

Reward: TM Hidden Power

Mission 10:​
A strange man in a black and orange suit is hiding in the bushes... desperate for someone to distract the police so that they can get away. They call out to nearby trainers for help. Turning them in, or just ignoring them, is the right thing to do... but he does seem to be offering a rather hefty reward of money.

Reward: 800 Pok?

Mission 11:​
They say that in the center of the wood, through a mysterious passageway surrounded by vines and stone, the mysterious forest heart maze can be found. A hedge based underground mess of routes and turns, old Kalosian legend states that a giant Rhyhorn, walks its halls as guardian. However, at the center? A way out... and an outstanding prize besides.

Reward: Mysterious Geode

Mission 12:​
There you are, minding your own business, when your belt feels suddenly lighter. Turning in surprise you see leaping through the trees... an Aipom has nagged one of your pok?balls (maybe empty, maybe full). Rush after this Ball Bandit and reclaim what's yours!

Reward: 1 Dive Ball, 1 Dusk Ball + 1 Net Ball

Rewards for Custom Missions:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • CET
  • Seen Oct 7, 2021
i was wondering if anyone would be willing to help out Odette out of the... situation i left her in in the last post?

even if not, i could have her break free of her own, but i'd like someone to do Mission 11 with, since she might stumble upon it after getting so far off the beaten track.

EDIT: OK SO
the GMs have sorta given me permission to catch the Rhyhorn in Mission 11... if i somehow get my hands on the Heavy Ball offered in Mission 6. i'd feel bad claiming two missions, but if someone wants to coordinate with me on this... i'll do my best to make it worth your while!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
edit: not keen on following Jackson into that. I'll do a custom mission.

Last edited:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
Since he can't seem to log in, I'll go ahead and post that Oddball_ is claiming Mission 2.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
So, since no one has yet. I'm gonna have Drew do mission 10. Thinking I could do some fun things with this one.

Back