• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
ime willing to help for some cms and cbs stuff.

Edit I have more experiance making dbz legends cbs's than I do at pokemon style should be a peice of cake but its not so ime gonna join and see what I learn and what I teach to other members. I am no noob to this program also my map design went up by ALOT.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
Years
You forgot to put my name in the CBS credits, DM!

Sorry this is taking so long, adding over 2000 variables is a time consuming but necessary process, once it's done I can move on to the more important things.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
Krazy_Meerkat said:
I am leaving today, sorry that I couldn't finish the battle system but I will still upload it.. Here is what I have.. I will be able to email various people when I am nice and stable. I will continue working on it whenever I get the chance but here is what I have done.. Don't expect anything from me in a while

>>>Download Battle Sys Version 2<<<
yea I rather put some effort into coding then having it completly done but thanks I realy needed this saved me one full day of coding.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
rm2kdude said:
yea I rather put some effort into coding then having it completly done but thanks I realy needed this saved me one full day of coding.
Err...It would would have taken a little bit longer than a full day to complete that much of the battle system.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
OH realy come on I have allready finished most of my systems anyway and the cbs is not all that hard to make.

Edit this is my opinion

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I can't believe I forgot you toothache :P

UPDATE:
Programming:
CBS: Meerkat, me, toothache, OPEN, OPEN
CMS: Me, OPEN, OPEN

Story:
Creation: omarfr, Barry OPEN
Implimentation: OPEN

Maps
Design: rm2k3kid, phoenix316, Avatar, awkwardsilencer, Pokereaper
GFX (chip/charset): Daegon, Phoenix316, Avatar, Zephadus

Events:
Common: Zephadus OPEN
Map: Happy Gilmore, Lt. Surge, jaz_jaz

RM2K3dude> Have you even looked at the coding? Never before has a project required so many variables. When the folks at GamingWorld saw this in Hidden Depths, they had never seen it done before. Of cousre, if you're willing to help, fell free to work on what KM did before he left and send it to me with your improvements.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
DarkMage31 said:
When the folks at GamingWorld saw this in Hidden Depths, they had never seen it done before.
And that says alot about the complexity of this system. It involves a lot more variables than other cbs's that people create for their games. DM you can add me to CBS, CMS and Common Events. I think Daegon was doing some work with Krazy on the CBS a short while ago as well. And some of the people on that list I haven't heard of (or don't remember) such as omarfr, Pokereaper, jaz_jaz and Zephadus. Are these people still willing to participate in the making of the game. Daegon made a lateralshift site for this where I posted some map screens and I think rm2k3kid uploaded some maps as well. Does anybody remember the site name and password?

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Just taking a quick break from work.
Just go into Lateralshift and
user: Daegon
password: pm me.

D_M: Did the VBA resolution thingy help for graphics?
Sorry about going off msn as well.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
When I maxed out the full-screen to my moniter size, the game wasn't full screen. It was stretchy and weird.

Anyway, I'm short of time tonight, so I'll edit the list tomorrow.

PokeReaper

Pokemon #500
Years
O . . . K . . .-- Sorry :-)

DarkMage31 said:
Okay, here's what I have so far. We can edit this as we go along (PS: I may have forgoten a few people)
Programming:
CBS: Meerkat, me, OPEN, OPEN, OPEN
CMS: Me, OPEN, OPEN

Story:
Creation: omarfr, Barry OPEN
Implimentation: OPEN

Maps
Design: rm2k3kid, phoenix316, Avatar, awkwardsilencer, Pokereaper
GFX (chip/charset): Daegon, Phoenix316, Avatar, Zephadus
Sorry, guys.
I have been kinda' busy with work, wrestling, & raising my 7 month old daughter.
I really haven't had enough time lately to spend 7 minutes waiting for my slow computer to boot-up.

My main problem though is that I asked what kind of file format to post my maps in, but no one ever answered me, & everytime I went to the LatteralShift site there were never any other files posted so that I could determine which format you wanted.
If could at least tell me THAT, then I MIGHT be able to help out.

In my personal experience, just uploading the map in my RM2k folder WILL NOT work, but if I post them as a bitmap, then you won't be able to see the animations that I have used in some of them.
So again, If could at least tell me what kind of file format to post them in, then I MIGHT be able to help out.

Thank you.

P.S.
I'm not being a jerk.
I really do want to help.

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Welcome back :) I don't see why directly adding map files shouldn't work, but I've never tried. The map designers should figure that out amonst themselves. If you'd like to start designing a new region be my guest.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
To upload your maps just upload them as I did... Just put the folder which game map's are located and make sure all of the rescorces that you used are inside and put them in a zip folder then just upload them it should work then!...

Years
heh... nobody has posted in here since 26th of November... sad... too d.amn bad that i'm so laaazy to even try to modify this BS...

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
MatiZ Master said:
heh... nobody has posted in here since 26th of November... sad... too d.amn bad that i'm so laaazy to even try to modify this BS...

Please don't post your spam. If you're too lazy, then be lazy and don't post. I'm not trying to fire at you but if your goal was to bring this topic alive, that wasn't THAT long ago. Toothache will post when he finishes his edits.

Anyway, yell at me when you need me.

Pidgeot500

Homeless
Years
Can I ask, what does the Battle System do, at the moment? Can it create Pokemon and stats based on stat exp and determine level based on experence and the other way around and deal with the outcome of battles with gained experience and stuff? Or is it past all that and now just working on the implementation of individual attacks....?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
The battle system is just like a shell right now. There are conditions established for pkmn and attacks, but the user would have to add them. The second release only came with 2 attacks hardcoded in for all pkmn: tackle and leer.

Toothache is now doing all the base stat stuff using the "genuine" formulae from the GB games. If you were to download the current release, however, all the HP, MP, Level, Attk, Def, EXP, etc formulae work, but are not "official"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back