• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Jirachi Trainer said:
The chances of having poke rus = small but instead of them having macho brace let them have a lucky egg and traded= lots of exp. points...is gardevoir the buiggest exp. giver at lvl 100 in the whole game then ???
I already have Pokérus and I do not have Lucky Egg. Gardevoir's the only poke I'm aware of that can learn Memento and award 3 Special Attack EVs per. Think about it:
SO-AND-SO wants to battle!
SO-AND-SO sent out GARDEVOIR! (L100)
Go! CATERPIE (L3)
Foe GARDEVOIR used MEMENTO!
CATERPIE's ATK harshly fell!
CATERPIE's SP.ATK harshly fell!
Foe GARDEVOIR fainted!
CATERPIE gained a boosted 4457 EXP. points!
CATERPIE grew to LV. 4!
CATERPIE grew to LV. 5!
CATERPIE grew to LV. 6!
CATERPIE grew to LV. 7!
CATERPIE grew to LV. 8!
CATERPIE grew to LV. 9!
CATERPIE grew to LV. 10!
CATERPIE grew to LV. 11!
CATERPIE grew to LV. 12!
CATERPIE grew to LV. 13!
CATERPIE grew to LV. 14!
CATERPIE grew to LV. 15!
CATERPIE grew to LV. 16!

...and repeat for the other 5 Gardies. That's why Memento.

Jirachi Trainer

Training for Skill
Years
Ive checked it out and now i understand :D, it lowers the atk and sp.atk but then faints.... thats fantastic :D, must try that out

SpydeySam

Shiny Charmander Hunter
Years
Jeez alot of u ppl must have like 300+ hours on there to have that many shinies. Right now im really busy breeding charmanders. I really want one so i can get a shiny charizard; it owns!

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
Nothing much to report,I Enjoyed my sats and i will miss doing them somehow i nornally hate tests but i Enjoyed this years Im not sure why anyway nothing new for me,just hatching Cyndaquil,Sudowoodo and Hoothoot now. Good luck everyone.

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
You put
at the end of the URL.

xPokerusx

3 shinys!
Years
Fmaster how did you get shiny legendary dogs did u reset for shinys in colo. Or does the shiny dog trick work in Fr/Lg

Years
i have pokerus but its because of my stupid friend he put in all these wild pokemon modifier codes on and when he caught the dang pokemon it was a bad egg with pokerus in the PC

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
Does anyone have any theory about whether there are any influences on how likely you are to find a shiny in your game? Like the pick up ability, I swear it works much better in some of my carts than it does in others. I know the chances of finding a shiny is one in 8000 something, but some people seem to have much better luck than others. Anyone else think there might be something responsible for that besides blind luck? Just a thought...

Jirachi Trainer

Training for Skill
Years
You might be right there Akidatheart. It took me 211 hours to get a shiny and then i see Aaryn MM and Missingno. Master with loads of shinies, maybe...we should have to find the shiny values in a game hex though :D...If somebody would like to help out with that as i cannot as of yet read hex. Thx and good thought Akidatheart

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
xPokerusx said:
Fmaster how did you get shiny legendary dogs did u reset for shinys in colo. Or does the shiny dog trick work in Fr/Lg

I reseted in Colo my Friend,Anyway No news as of late,I might start again on Emerald to reset in front of Groundon,Kyorge and Rayquaza though,but thats only after i Obtain a copy of pokemon Xd. Good luck to everyone and if you see a shiny hoothoot Run. (Joke,catch it its rare!)

Years
hey maybe its just different carts have different probabilities, solved by a simple algorithm, but i will get into that later
gimme a pokemon name and i shall hunt for shiny
in emerald

emerald star

Owns 11 shinies! Dang!
Years
uhh... i dont know, uh....hmm.....uhhhh......i got it! Zigzagoon! *snickers*
Have fun lookin for a shiny zigzagoon! *snickers*

Years
Akidatheart said:
Does anyone have any theory about whether there are any influences on how likely you are to find a shiny in your game? Like the pick up ability, I swear it works much better in some of my carts than it does in others. I know the chances of finding a shiny is one in 8000 something, but some people seem to have much better luck than others. Anyone else think there might be something responsible for that besides blind luck? Just a thought...
You're probably right, and I was thinking the same thing. You see, your hidden trainer ID is used in the shiny formula (meaning different personality values result in shinies for different players) so I think there might be a correlation between the odds of finding shinies and your "shiny ID". This is because no random number generator is perfect, since computers are deterministic machines. If certain personality values are drawn more frequently than others (which I'll refer to as non-uniformity), then the people for whom those values result in shinies will encounter shinies more frequently than those for whom they don't. If this is the case, then the rate of finding shinies is said to be correlated to the shiny ID. This is all speculation. The Personality Value (PV) distribution may just be uniform, or non-uniform in a way that doesn't favour any particular shiny ID.

(For those curious, we can consider the shiny ID to be the 13 highest order bits of the trainer ID XORed with the hidden ID: a number between 0 and 8191 which is different for each trainer but doesn't change unless you restart your game.)

One thing I'll be doing eventually (once I somehow raise six Gardevoirs to L100 @.@) is reset for a shiny Treecko on Emerald. I'll totally restart every bunch of tries to get a different shiny ID. The plan is that once I finally do get a shiny Treecko, it's more likely than not that my shiny ID is correlated, so I should have more luck finding shinies throughout the rest of the game. For this reason, I'll stop that Treecko hunt and get on with the game if I see a shiny Zigzagoon.

emerald star

Owns 11 shinies! Dang!
Years
MM has a very very good point. Although I didnt get a shiny starter, my luck with shinys is better than a lot of people. This might just be me convincing myself this, but one time I caught 2 shinys in one week (of course, all my time other than school was devoted to walking through grass).

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
MM, your theory sounds promising. Maybe you will figure something out that will help us all eventually. You are way beyond cool for posting those pictures though, Beautiful! Thanks.

Back