• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Be like without Ash?

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
What do you think the series would be like if they removed Ash? Better? Worse? Get creative, because im sure some can give some good stories with this.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Well, at the very least, replacing Ash would make the series a bit more accurate to the games. However, we shouldn't replace him until AFTER he wins a league (and the Elite 4/Champion as well), because he's already been denied that chance multiple times.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
I'd get pretty pissed if the ship I believe in doesn't sale. If we're switching the protagonist, I wanna know he's gonna have a good ending.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Funny reading these when most people hate Ash, just funny.

Hey, I don't hate Ash, I just think he's been given too much of a short end of a stick for far too long. All I ask is that he actually develop and that he actually WIN a league. I could tolerate Johto, Sinnoh, and even Kalos due to his at least advancing in rank, which is at least an implicit depiction of growth as a trainer, but him losing the leagues especially when he really shouldn't have lost at all has just soured me on this, and not helping matters is SM which basically forced him out of his goal and took a REALLY long time for him to even begin to focus on it again. If he must leave, he must make sure he actually goes out with a bang, actually SUCCEED in his goal, heck, at the very least actually DEFINE his goal.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Are we talking about what the show would be like if Ash had been written off years ago like after OS, or if he were to get written off after SuMo? Because while I doubt either instance would change the show's formula by much, I think it'd be pointless to replace him now when he's been around for twenty years. If Ash needed to leave, it should've happened over a decade ago when he first began playing the endless game of merry-go-round. Simply having him leave now would feel like a case of "too little, too late" in the sense that most fans have invested too much time in him at this point.

To be fair, what's different this time around compared to the previous times is that, due to getting Runner Up back in Kalos, he can no longer afford to just lose the league now, whereas before, he could still afford to lose a league as long as he at least advanced in rank.

FlameChrome

Years
To be fair, what's different this time around compared to the previous times is that, due to getting Runner Up back in Kalos, he can no longer afford to just lose the league now, whereas before, he could still afford to lose a league as long as he at least advanced in rank.

I thought Ash got second place in Unova?

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
You're thinking Kalos. Ash lost in the top 8 in Unova.

Yeah, which if anything was an utter decrease in rank from Sinnoh (and a shameful one at that). He got Top 4 in Sinnoh, got demoted to Top 8 in Unova, and Runner Up in Kalos.

FlameChrome

Years
1. sorry for late reply
2. honestly knowing the company, it might just have a rewind button and the cycle of childish ash but as a different person probably would happen

Back