• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Rumor to sink your teeth into.

Spoiler:

Actually sounds believable. Love the Pokemon's typing, will definitely use it if it's real. Though the Pokemon sounds a lot like the Steel/Dark Power Ranger from Unova.

Oh wait Scraggy etc. I used it though, shows I like the typing haha

But I'm iffy about the protagonists thing because I'm still holding out for player customization meaning that there won't be protagonists art this generation.

Spoiler:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I like that rumour a lot. I also really like the name of said Pokemon in Japanese, tbh. I want it to be real (and idk it just -seems- likely?) Also even with customisation, protagonists still should have main artwork though imo. They can probably just change their clothing in regards to customisation. :x

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Everyone seems convinced that there is an Eeveelution being hinted at. I want to point out something to help discourage possible disappointment: nothing is confirmed yet. Rather than speculate about this Eeveelution that some are absolutely certain is coming from this Japanese series I can't watch (nor would I understand it if I did), wait for them to at least ANNOUNCE that there is an Eeveelution coming. When they do that, THEN is the time to speculate about what it could be. At this point, many of you are setting yourselves up for absolute disappointment when the Eeveelution doesn't materialize.

Wait for news, THEN speculate.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nothing wrong with speculation in the X and Y chat and speculation thread imo. ;)

Plus if we want things hard enough they happen, or at least GF might see our pleas!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I agree with Nica, the whole point of this thread is to speculate anything that may happen. If we were to limit it to what we already have confirmed, we would have very little to talk about. Also, in more agreeance (okay, so that isn't a word but...), GameFreak might take more notice if heaps of people want something.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
I am really disappointed with the lack of news. Now, i don't want a massive reveal yet but it's starting to dull out a little.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
But I'm iffy about the protagonists thing because I'm still holding out for player customization meaning that there won't be protagonists art this generation.

They could always have art for the default looks. It could be what is considered canon (so they'll show up in the anime or be referenced in later games) but you can still customize them.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Rumor to sink your teeth into.

Spoiler:

Actually sounds believable. Love the Pokemon's typing, will definitely use it if it's real. Though the Pokemon sounds a lot like the Steel/Dark Power Ranger from Unova.

Oh wait Scraggy etc. I used it though, shows I like the typing haha

Hm... the rumor does actually sound more believable, but even if this does confirm that it's true, it won't be an Eeveelution. It'll be something more like how Lucario and Zoroark was like.

It would be nice for something like that to happen, but unfortunately anything that comes from 4chan is usually false. I remember the day when they revealed a screenshot of the English Pokémon names in the Pokédex with names like "Boarbecue" and stuff in Black/White.

There are some people on 4chan that do indeed love to spread rumors that they're imagining inside their head, they probably can't stop themselves and just love to speak out their imagination... which is nice, but I would appreciate it if those people said that they were speculating rather than claiming that they know about it.

And there will indeed be some rumors that the people would have worked really hard to make it seem like the real deal.

And wait, Charizard?! I have never seen Charizard in a movie since during the original series.

But anyways, if this does confirm to be true, then by the time the next CoroCoro is released, it'll appear on the official English Pokémon X and Pokémon Y website.

blue

gucci
Years
That rumor sounds interesting but I'm finding it hard to believe, especially with all those other rumors we had prior to the announcement.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
That rumor is interesting, to say the least. I do like the sound of the Pokemon, its kinda like what they did with the Pawniard line, giving us a Human-esque design coupled with a very strong Kamen Rider reference. I do believe the juiciest bit of that rumor is the bottom screen, as the HP going down there sounds quite exciting, and I wonder what the P-Link is. Maybe its that bonding feature Masuda referenced? Like your Pokemon bonds allow for a stronger attack or something, like gang up...

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
What would be the type of the new eeveelution if their is one? Dragon? Fighting? Bug? Steel? Rock? They all sound weird for eevee. Only good ones would either be flying or ghost...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It's from 4chan. I take information from there with a grain of sugar.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well despite it being from 4chan, this one does sound a little more likely than previous ones. :x

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
You know, if that rumour is real, it might be the knight thing seen in that statue outside that castle-type building? You know, the one with the Eevee and stuff.

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2014
has anyone wondered what the new battle mechanic Nintendo mention about the bond between your Pokemon will make it stronger will actually do

Guy

just a guy
Years
That rumor is interesting, to say the least. I do like the sound of the Pokemon, its kinda like what they did with the Pawniard line, giving us a Human-esque design coupled with a very strong Kamen Rider reference. I do believe the juiciest bit of that rumor is the bottom screen, as the HP going down there sounds quite exciting, and I wonder what the P-Link is. Maybe its that bonding feature Masuda referenced? Like your Pokemon bonds allow for a stronger attack or something, like gang up...
Even if this rumor does turn out false, I still believe the HP Bar being moved to the lower screen is a likely possibility.

Well despite it being from 4chan, this one does sound a little more likely than previous ones. :x
Perhaps one could say it sounds a little too likely?

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Yup, not trusting it. Has any 4chan rumor EVER proven true ? They've had some likely ones in the past too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back