ROM Hacking Help Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #23326    
Old January 13th, 2013 (5:52 PM).
YogiBerra YogiBerra is offline
     
    Join Date: Oct 2010
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
    Code:
    callasm 0x800000
    That will restart the game.
    Thank you very much, Darthatron.
      #23327    
    Old January 14th, 2013 (5:46 AM).
    Omega Zero's Avatar
    Omega Zero Omega Zero is offline
    Is back...
     
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: I'm always living aren't I?
    Age: 20
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 445
    Ok i know this questions already been answered quite a few times but whenever i open up my XSE 1.1.1 it crashes when i try to batch my compiler, i've already set the Autoupdatecheck to =0.
    __________________
      #23328    
    Old January 14th, 2013 (9:49 AM).
    CrystalRose's Avatar
    CrystalRose CrystalRose is offline
    Maiden
       
      Join Date: Jan 2013
      Location: Brazil
      Age: 28
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Docile
      Posts: 17
      I know this might sound like a noob question since I'm new to the community and all..... and I've tried to search already before asking, especially on some mapping tutorials, but still no luck.

      I'd like to know where can I get "custom graphics resources" to input on my own hack. I mean:





      Like on those hacks. Stuff like the snow graphics, the "swamp like trees", the spider thing..... etc.

      I'd be glad if someone could link me to a place so I can get them.
        #23329    
      Old January 14th, 2013 (10:21 AM).
      klemniops klemniops is offline
         
        Join Date: Apr 2011
        Posts: 6
        I have some questions about person events:
        1. If I use a script to move a person event from one place to another, how can I have that event stay in the place when I warp away from and back to that map?
        2. How can I have an event start hidden? I have a map with many rock smash person events, but I don't want them to be visible until a level script is run.
        Thanks.
          #23330    
        Old January 14th, 2013 (12:09 PM).
        karatekid552's Avatar
        karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
        What happens if I push it?....
           
          Join Date: Nov 2012
          Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Bold
          Posts: 1,766
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by CrystalRose View Post
          I know this might sound like a noob question since I'm new to the community and all..... and I've tried to search already before asking, especially on some mapping tutorials, but still no luck.

          I'd like to know where can I get "custom graphics resources" to input on my own hack. I mean:





          Like on those hacks. Stuff like the snow graphics, the "swamp like trees", the spider thing..... etc.

          I'd be glad if someone could link me to a place so I can get them.
          If there is anything, it will be in the rom hack resouces thread stickied just below this one. Most of those tilesets you see in hacks are drawn by the creater of the hack, specifically for their hack. So, if you're not an artist, and you can't find a rom base, you'll need to enlist an artist. Its a very sought after thing.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by klemniops View Post
          I have some questions about person events:
          1. If I use a script to move a person event from one place to another, how can I have that event stay in the place when I warp away from and back to that map?
          2. How can I have an event start hidden? I have a map with many rock smash person events, but I don't want them to be visible until a level script is run.
          Thanks.
          For the first one, use the comand movesprite2 after the movement. It is set up like this:

          movesprite2 0x(person ID) 0x(x-coordinate) 0x(y-coordinate)



          The second one is a little bit tougher. Different people have different opinions and I've done it more than one way. One option is to set their person ID as a flag number you are going to use. Then have that flag be set before the player enters the map. This will make them dissapear. Then, in the level script, clear the flag and the use the showsprite command inbetween two fadescreens to show them.

          -If the player is not in view of the rocks when the level script is called, you may not need the fadescreens.


          The other way I know only works for small objects, so it should work for rocks. Set their behavior in Amap as te second (or is it third?) hidden option. Yes, there is a differnce between them. This should make them appear invisible and unfeelable. Then, you can call a showsprite inbetween two fadescreen commands to show them, please note that with this methood, the rocks will dissappear if the player leaves the view of the rocks. I think there may be a permant showsprite command, but I'm not sure. Look into the command database built into XSE and see.
          __________________

          Paired with Simba
            #23331    
          Old January 14th, 2013 (12:29 PM).
          CrystalRose's Avatar
          CrystalRose CrystalRose is offline
          Maiden
             
            Join Date: Jan 2013
            Location: Brazil
            Age: 28
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Docile
            Posts: 17
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
            If there is anything, it will be in the rom hack resouces thread stickied just below this one. Most of those tilesets you see in hacks are drawn by the creater of the hack, specifically for their hack. So, if you're not an artist, and you can't find a rom base, you'll need to enlist an artist. Its a very sought after thing.
            Aaaah, I see now. Thanks a lot for the answer. But since I'm still a noob, I don't really know exactly what are rom bases for. So, could you make things more clear to me, especially on how to use them?
              #23332    
            Old January 14th, 2013 (12:35 PM).
            karatekid552's Avatar
            karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
            What happens if I push it?....
               
              Join Date: Nov 2012
              Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Bold
              Posts: 1,766
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by CrystalRose View Post
              Aaaah, I see now. Thanks a lot for the answer. But since I'm still a noob, I don't really know exactly what are rom bases for. So, could you make things more clear to me, especially on how to use them?
              Rom bases are just .ips or .ups patches containing things like tilesets, 649 pokemon, lowercase everything, etc. You can apply them, just like you would a hack that you downloaded. I don't know if you have ever downloaded a hack, but .ips patches can be done with Luner IPS.

              In general, a rom base is anything you use to build a hack on top of. Sometimes it's a clean rom, other times it's like JPAN's hacked engine. What you are looking for is a tileset rombase, and remember, they are specific to each game.

              edit: Here is the thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=193327

              There are several Firered rom bases right in the first post.
              __________________

              Paired with Simba
                #23333    
              Old January 14th, 2013 (4:43 PM).
              YogiBerra YogiBerra is offline
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2010
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 48
                Does anyone know where the code for Professor Oak's intro is located in FireRed?
                  #23334    
                Old January 15th, 2013 (12:31 PM).
                wierddude22's Avatar
                wierddude22 wierddude22 is offline
                New hacker
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2011
                  Location: My house
                  Age: 22
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Jolly
                  Posts: 24
                  Well, i changed rom. Used a new rombase anc checked with an actual rom.
                  But guess what

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufkm1OOH46c
                  This happens and I'm starting to think that, maybe it's me.

                  Spoiler:
                  Picture of how i have it all set

                  Spoiler:

                  //---------------
                  #org 0x800F8A
                  lock
                  trainerbattle 0x0 0x4 0x0 0x8800FA4 0x8800FAB
                  msgbox 0x8800FBA MSG_NORMAL //"stage 2 pass. Trainers are okay"
                  release
                  end


                  //---------
                  // Strings
                  //---------
                  #org 0x800FA4
                  = test

                  #org 0x800FAB
                  = stage 1 pass

                  #org 0x800FBA
                  = stage 2 pass. Trainers are okay
                  And the script


                  Is it me, or is it something else. Thanks in advance.

                  Edit; It was done with no pokemon in my party and the trainer is 004 on A-Trainer (Dunno if this helps or not)
                    #23335    
                  Old January 15th, 2013 (1:06 PM).
                  Noossab Blue's Avatar
                  Noossab Blue Noossab Blue is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2012
                    Location: USA
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Quirky
                    Posts: 240
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                    Rom bases are just .ips or .ups patches containing things like tilesets, 649 pokemon, lowercase everything, etc. You can apply them, just like you would a hack that you downloaded. I don't know if you have ever downloaded a hack, but .ips patches can be done with Luner IPS.

                    In general, a rom base is anything you use to build a hack on top of. Sometimes it's a clean rom, other times it's like JPAN's hacked engine. What you are looking for is a tileset rombase, and remember, they are specific to each game.

                    edit: Here is the thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=193327

                    There are several Firered rom bases right in the first post.
                    Are the rom bases, specifically the new tile sets, compatible with hacks that are already in progress?
                    __________________
                    IGN: Anna/Noossab Blue
                    3DS FC: 3196 3609 8450

                    Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner! Click to see!
                    Current as of 1/31/14: I updated again!

                      #23336    
                    Old January 15th, 2013 (1:08 PM). Edited January 15th, 2013 by karatekid552.
                    karatekid552's Avatar
                    karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                    What happens if I push it?....
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2012
                      Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Bold
                      Posts: 1,766
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by wierddude22 View Post
                      Well, i changed rom. Used a new rombase anc checked with an actual rom.
                      But guess what

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufkm1OOH46c
                      This happens and I'm starting to think that, maybe it's me.

                      Spoiler:
                      Picture of how i have it all set

                      Spoiler:

                      //---------------
                      #org 0x800F8A
                      lock
                      trainerbattle 0x0 0x4 0x0 0x8800FA4 0x8800FAB
                      msgbox 0x8800FBA MSG_NORMAL //"stage 2 pass. Trainers are okay"
                      release
                      end


                      //---------
                      // Strings
                      //---------
                      #org 0x800FA4
                      = test

                      #org 0x800FAB
                      = stage 1 pass

                      #org 0x800FBA
                      = stage 2 pass. Trainers are okay
                      And the script


                      Is it me, or is it something else. Thanks in advance.

                      Edit; It was done with no pokemon in my party and the trainer is 004 on A-Trainer (Dunno if this helps or not)
                      For the script, don't use the lock and release comands for a trainerbattle. Also, on your msgbox, get rid of MSG_NORMAL and instead use "callstd 0x6" on the next line. It works much better.

                      The kids trainer class is what is making gary pop up before the battle. So, if you don't want him their, change it. Also, try it with pokemon on both sides. If you don't have pokemon, it doesn't matter what you do, you won't see stage 1 or 2.

                      Give all of these things a test and let me know how you fair.



                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Noossab Blue View Post
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                      Rom bases are just .ips or .ups patches containing things like tilesets, 649 pokemon, lowercase everything, etc. You can apply them, just like you would a hack that you downloaded. I don't know if you have ever downloaded a hack, but .ips patches can be done with Luner IPS.

                      In general, a rom base is anything you use to build a hack on top of. Sometimes it's a clean rom, other times it's like JPAN's hacked engine. What you are looking for is a tileset rombase, and remember, they are specific to each game.

                      edit: Here is the thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=193327

                      There are several Firered rom bases right in the first post.
                      Are the rom bases, specifically the new tile sets, compatible with hacks that are already in progress?
                      Sorry, you posted while I was posting.
                      Depends on what you've done to your hack. If you haven't changed any tileset data, you might be okay, but the rom bases might also have extra tilesets or expanded ones that take up more space than the origional ones. What I would do is just make a copy of your hack and apply the patch to the hack and then go through every single one of your tilesets and see how things were affected.

                      Also, placement of tiles most likely will be changed so you would have to redraw many of your maps.

                      All in all, it's not a good idea. Unless you know for sure that the person who made them only redrew exsisting tiles and didn't change the order or expand anything. You can still give it a try but it most likely will not work out well.
                      __________________

                      Paired with Simba
                        #23337    
                      Old January 15th, 2013 (1:26 PM).
                      wierddude22's Avatar
                      wierddude22 wierddude22 is offline
                      New hacker
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2011
                        Location: My house
                        Age: 22
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Jolly
                        Posts: 24
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                        For the script, don't use the lock and release comands for a trainerbattle. Also, on your msgbox, get rid of MSG_NORMAL and instead use "callstd 0x6" on the next line. It works much better.

                        The kids trainer class is what is making gary pop up before the battle. So, if you don't want him their, change it. Also, try it with pokemon on both sides. If you don't have pokemon, it doesn't matter what you do, you won't see stage 1 or 2.

                        Give all of these things a test and let me know how you fair.
                        Well, i tried but nothing happened. So i decided to use a different rom. And nothing messed up. I guess something i did may have messed something up.
                        Although it was useful knowing that you didn't need to use lock/release.
                        Thanks
                        __________________
                        I envy many of you
                          #23338    
                        Old January 15th, 2013 (6:46 PM).
                        Psychokick Psychokick is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2013
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 1
                          Hi there people. I hope I'm not being a bother by asking, because I seriously just made a profile here specifically for asking this one question.

                          I've been looking all over the internet for overworld/environment/building tilesets for Black and White. I've tried looking for some on here, but I can't find any, though I didn't look very hard, and this forum is an enormous place.

                          It's not for a game hack or anything. Just something I want for an amateur project thing that I'm doing in MS Paint. So if you could help me it would be so appreciated. :)
                            #23339    
                          Old January 15th, 2013 (7:50 PM).
                          Lucho K's Avatar
                          Lucho K Lucho K is offline
                          Powered Charizard
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2012
                            Location: Mexico
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Gentle
                            Posts: 8
                            Hi !
                            I was searching but found nothing... So...
                            I have a problem with Dive/Emerge on a map in Emerald Version
                            I selected the appropriate option on Connection (Dive on water, Emerge in underwater) and I already made the Dive option work but when underwater, I can't emerge
                            What can I do? Can you please help me?!
                            Thanx


                            Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
                            __________________
                            The worst foe lies within the self
                              #23340    
                            Old January 15th, 2013 (10:51 PM).
                            tajaros's Avatar
                            tajaros tajaros is offline
                            Hi I'm dawg
                               
                              Join Date: Apr 2012
                              Location: Philippines
                              Age: 19
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Timid
                              Posts: 857
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
                              It looks like you've only partially set which palette your background should use, rather than all of it. If you open your tileset/ tilemap combo in NTME, scroll down and switch to the palette view there should be a large section of the tilemap which has a different palette to the one you want. Reassign the palette used by these tiles, reinsert the tilemap and everything should look okay in-game.


                              It also looks like the white tiles are repeating over and over again, so I'm assuming that you haven't edited the lower half of the tilemap at all. You're going to have to do this as well if you want a seamless transition in the opening battlescreen.
                              Ok, so I followed you but it didn't worked out I edited the lower half but it keeps on repeating the very first tile on my tilemap.

                              And I used pallete #2 for all of the tiles but those just won't work right... :/
                              __________________
                                #23341    
                              Old January 15th, 2013 (11:54 PM).
                              DrFuji's Avatar
                              DrFuji DrFuji is offline
                              Heiki Hecchara‌‌
                               
                              Join Date: Sep 2009
                              Location: Aussie
                              Age: 25
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Jolly
                              Posts: 1,489
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
                              Ok, so I followed you but it didn't worked out I edited the lower half but it keeps on repeating the very first tile on my tilemap.

                              And I used pallete #2 for all of the tiles but those just won't work right... :/
                              Hmm, I can't really offer any more advice without seeing what you've done so far for myself. Could you PM me your tileset, tilemap and palette data?
                              __________________
                                #23342    
                              Old January 16th, 2013 (12:02 AM).
                              Manganum's Avatar
                              Manganum Manganum is offline
                              Your local sine wave
                                 
                                Join Date: Feb 2010
                                Location: Brutal Techno Rage Aquarium
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Calm
                                Posts: 145
                                A couple of things using XSE in conjunction with Advance Map - all I want to be able to do is edit existing game dialogue, but A-text is far too buggy. Anyway:
                                Why can't I save existing scripts that I've changed one or two words in? I can only click Save As; I can't save the actual ROM.
                                I'm fairly new to this, despite having an interest in ROM hacking for a few years, but it's only recently that I've actually had the incentive...
                                __________________
                                It's all in the Music.

                                The Music


                                Pendulum - The Terminal
                                Danny Byrd - Ill Behavior
                                Netsky - Love Has Gone

                                The Projects


                                Unnamed DnB project
                                Composition for rehearsals

                                The Inspiration


                                Pendulum
                                Blackmill
                                Enter Shikari

                                  #23343    
                                Old January 16th, 2013 (12:04 AM).
                                Jambo51's Avatar
                                Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
                                Glory To Arstotzka
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2009
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Quiet
                                  Posts: 732
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                                  For the script, don't use the lock and release comands for a trainerbattle. Also, on your msgbox, get rid of MSG_NORMAL and instead use "callstd 0x6" on the next line. It works much better.
                                  Actually, XSE compiles msgbox to several less obvious commands that, when chained together, produce the desired message on screen, so it makes no difference whatsoever whether s/he uses MSG_NORMAL as an inline parameter, or if s/he follows it with a callstd 0x6.

                                  Although, I believe that XSE doesn't like the older style of message followed by callstd, correct me if I'm wrong.

                                  For the record, I think it's loadpointer, followed by callstd (Message Type).
                                  __________________
                                  Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
                                    #23344    
                                  Old January 16th, 2013 (2:59 AM).
                                  Omega Zero's Avatar
                                  Omega Zero Omega Zero is offline
                                  Is back...
                                   
                                  Join Date: Dec 2009
                                  Location: I'm always living aren't I?
                                  Age: 20
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Relaxed
                                  Posts: 445
                                  I need help with this:
                                  Ok, so i created my own midi for my hack it loops and everything it's perfect!
                                  When i play it in sappy it's got the right speed that i like
                                  But when i play the game with the song in it the game speeds up the song and makes
                                  it sound bad, does anyone know what's wrong with it?
                                  __________________
                                    #23345    
                                  Old January 16th, 2013 (7:01 AM).
                                  dalekcaan1963 dalekcaan1963 is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Sep 2011
                                    Posts: 19
                                    I'm trying to make some custom moves, I won't need to make any new animations but I do need to change their sprites (for example, making signal beam blue instead of pink). How do I do this?

                                    Also, would it be possible for me to duplicate a move? I want there to be more than one signal beam move, one normal and one blue.
                                      #23346    
                                    Old January 16th, 2013 (8:01 AM). Edited January 16th, 2013 by karatekid552.
                                    karatekid552's Avatar
                                    karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                    What happens if I push it?....
                                       
                                      Join Date: Nov 2012
                                      Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Bold
                                      Posts: 1,766
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
                                      Actually, XSE compiles msgbox to several less obvious commands that, when chained together, produce the desired message on screen, so it makes no difference whatsoever whether s/he uses MSG_NORMAL as an inline parameter, or if s/he follows it with a callstd 0x6.

                                      Although, I believe that XSE doesn't like the older style of message followed by callstd, correct me if I'm wrong.

                                      For the record, I think it's loadpointer, followed by callstd (Message Type).
                                      I'm not going to say your wrong because I have read that same thing in many places, but my copy of XSE, which I am pretty sure is the newest one, refuses to use the MSG_NORMAL or simple 0x6 at the end of msgboc @msg.

                                      For the loadpointer, if it is needed, I've never had to do it. Through experimenting with all the different ways, I have found this set up to work flawlessly:

                                      msgbox @msg
                                      callstd 0x(msgtype)

                                      Maybe some of .rbk files are missing some lines that prevents that. Hmm, maybe I should look a little deeper.

                                      Anyway, in my own experience, I have downloaded scripts off the internet that wouldn't work, but as soon as I just modified all if the msgbox's to callstd afterwards, they did work. So, that's just where I figured XSE couldn't do it the other way. Maybe it's just mine.


                                      Edit: Jambo, I would like to apoligize. I was using 1.0.0, not 1.1.1. I confirmed that inline msg comands do not work in 1.0.0. However, once I learned that I had an old version, I downloaded the new one and the inline commands worked just fine. Thanks for making me think about this one or I never would have updated.



                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by dalekcaan1963 View Post
                                      I'm trying to make some custom moves, I won't need to make any new animations but I do need to change their sprites (for example, making signal beam blue instead of pink). How do I do this?

                                      Also, would it be possible for me to duplicate a move? I want there to be more than one signal beam move, one normal and one blue.

                                      Here is what Jambo51 has documented on adding new moves: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=263479
                                      Here is what Chaos Rush has documented on move animations: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=281520


                                      Now, if you wanted to edit the color, you could just open up Un-lz, find the image that corresponds to the animation and alter it's palette. I would make a new palette because there is no guarantee that something else is not using that palette.

                                      However, having two moves with two different colors is tougher. You would need to take the image you found above, write down it's pointer, then take and edit it into a different color and insert it and it's new palette into some free space, making sure to write down it's new offset. Now, using both Jambo's and Chaos' tutorials/research, make a new move and copy all of the data from signal beam into the new slot. Now, change the graphic pointer to match the location of the new image and you should be all set.


                                      If I am wrong in any way about this, someone please correct me.
                                      __________________

                                      Paired with Simba
                                        #23347    
                                      Old January 16th, 2013 (12:05 PM).
                                      QuartierGenerale QuartierGenerale is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Oct 2012
                                        Posts: 53
                                        Hi everyone and thanks to Karatekid for reply in the script topic.

                                        I need to change the image of badges, those that appear in the trainer card.

                                        I'm hacking Ruby and i don't have found into unzl the correct numbers for these sprites.

                                        Can anyone help me?

                                        Thanks a lot :)
                                          #23348    
                                        Old January 16th, 2013 (1:16 PM).
                                        karatekid552's Avatar
                                        karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                        What happens if I push it?....
                                           
                                          Join Date: Nov 2012
                                          Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Bold
                                          Posts: 1,766
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by QuartierGenerale View Post
                                          Hi everyone and thanks to Karatekid for reply in the script topic.

                                          I need to change the image of badges, those that appear in the trainer card.

                                          I'm hacking Ruby and i don't have found into unzl the correct numbers for these sprites.

                                          Can anyone help me?

                                          Thanks a lot :)

                                          Took me a while, but I found them! They aren't conpressed graphics and therefore are not found in Un-lz. However, if you open up Tile Molester, they can be found at the offset 0x3B5AB8.
                                          __________________

                                          Paired with Simba
                                            #23349    
                                          Old January 16th, 2013 (2:29 PM). Edited January 16th, 2013 by L0tus64.
                                          L0tus64's Avatar
                                          L0tus64 L0tus64 is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jan 2013
                                            Gender: Female
                                            Posts: 2
                                            So in advanced map I'm trying to make some rooms for the houses in one of the towns. I'm just using the list of rooms that went with the original town map but i noticed three of the rooms i cant alter individuality. if i change one they all change the same way. Is there a way i can change that so that i can make them all individual? I'm still new to rom hacking so sorry if this is an easy fix and i just don't know how :p also is there a way i can look through all the tilesets or can i only look at them individuality through the header?
                                              #23350    
                                            Old January 16th, 2013 (2:40 PM).
                                            Brane's Avatar
                                            Brane Brane is offline
                                            -
                                               
                                              Join Date: May 2011
                                              Age: 25
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 372
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Manganum View Post
                                              A couple of things using XSE in conjunction with Advance Map - all I want to be able to do is edit existing game dialogue, but A-text is far too buggy. Anyway:
                                              Why can't I save existing scripts that I've changed one or two words in? I can only click Save As; I can't save the actual ROM.
                                              I'm fairly new to this, despite having an interest in ROM hacking for a few years, but it's only recently that I've actually had the incentive...
                                              What you have to do is click the 'Compile' button in XSE. If I remember correctly (I used it the other day but don't keep notice of these things) it's a little gear graphic. You can also do it from the menu I think.

                                              Just remember, if you're altering the existing dialogue, keep in mind that if you make a message that is larger then the original, chances are you will break the script or it will continue in another persons dialogue.

                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by L0tus64 View Post
                                              So in advanced map I'm trying to make some rooms for the houses in one of the towns. I'm just using the list of rooms that went with the original town map but i noticed three of the rooms i cant alter individuality. if i change one they all change the same way. Is there a way i can change that so that i can make them all individual? I'm still new to rom hacking so sorry if this is an easy fix and i just don't know how :p also is there a way i can look through all the pallets or can i only look at them individuality through the header?
                                              I've noticed this as well, however I haven't really looked into it. I can explain though (I think). All the maps ARE the same map, they've done this so that all they need to do is alter the person/script data of the maps when you enter into a different house instead of creating the same map again and wasting space. You should be able to just make yourself a new map in Advance Map.
                                              Closed Thread

                                              Quick Reply

                                              Join the conversation!

                                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                              Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:42 PM.