• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon Monorpale/Hitotsuki/Honedge!

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
i'm surprised that so many people like this pokemon. i'm sitting here thinking: "what the actual ****". I just absolutely hate the design. i thought vanillish and garbodor were bad, but this is just completely retarded. And YES i am TRYING to like it but i just can't.

As for it's typing, it's kinda cool. but the design just ruined it.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Here's some footage from Junichi Masuda's message:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tUYEfV4Q6xg
The part with the sword Pokemon starts at ~3:50.
Also, he mentions the idea behind this Pokemon's design but my French is unfortunately not that good so I can't understand everything. What I understood was that this sword Pokemon contains an ancient soul.
Does anyone have an idea what that move it uses could be?

Oh God!It reminded me of Yu gi oh 5Ds!
This monster used a move like that:
300px-ChevalierdeFleur-TF05-EN-UR-UE.jpg

I like it more now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6TRC9U7dvw

The move can be named Blossom Slash!

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
At this point, the only way it can be more awesome is two become 2 swords.

I want to see fan art of Golurk with a giant Bronzor in one hand and Monorpale in the other with Metagross on his chest as some sort of armor.

Emfg

Ohlong
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 8, 2023
Next we'll be getting kettle pokemon, tea cup pokemon, screen pokemon, telephone pokemon.

Needless to say I don't like it :/

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I actually hate it... but I hate most Steel type Pokemon anyway...

Years
Yeah I don't like this one. I know 'it doesn't look like a pokémon' is a pathetic reason, but seriously it's a sword. It doesn't even look living unlike the Vanillite line.

As long as it doesn't get any evos and isn't particularly strong I guess I can just forget about it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'll admit it looks strange...I actually like it better when it's sheathed as it reminds me of Bronzong.
Also the eye on it seems familiar...

Last edited:

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I think it's friggin' awesome! Another audacious Pokemon for Gen VI! Man I'm so psyched for this Gen with every new Pokemon reveal! I'm gonna have to have it in my team, simply because I have a habit of permanently boxing every steel-type I catch until postgame. But this is a ghost-type too...and man-o-man it's a sword Pokemon! Another Poke-dream has come true~

I definitely agree that it looks like something out of Windwaker. But hey, Pokemon has been incorporating designs from various Nintendo franchises since Gen 1, and I really love the nods to those things. Look at all the Kirby-esque Pokemon we have already!

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
This is a very cute Pokémon! It doesn't seem fully-evolved to me, but I think when it evolves it has a chance to become even more awesome! I really love its sheath, I hope that design gets utilized more if/when it evolves.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I have mixed feelings about his design tbh.
On one hand, it looks very...simple? But on the other, a Ghost Sword is awesome!! :D
I really love his typing already, Ghost/Steel, it's going to do pretty good defence-wise

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Those who are saying "it's just a sword" need to realize that Ghost Pokemon are capable of possessing inanimate objects, and the fact that Ghost Pokemon in general aren't natural-looking/organic like animals and plants.

I want to see fan art of Golurk with a giant Bronzor in one hand and Monorpale in the other with Metagross on his chest as some sort of armor.

Funny you should say that, because I already saw one at 4chan, except it had a Escaliver's helmet for Golurk rather than Metagross being on his chest.

Years
At first I hated it immensely ... until I saw the footage and it unsheathing, then I'm like "Cool!".

If it has Levitate then it'll have 4 immunities (Ground, Fighting, Normal, and Poison) which, if it has good stats, would make it overpowered; if it has an awesome evolution, it'll be OU. So idk, how they're planning to manage Levitate and balancing it out. Nevertheless, Ghost/Steel is awesome typing!

Now if they create these types:

Ghost/Normal (Only weakness is Dark, immune to Ghost, Fighting and Normal).
Dark/Psychic (Only weakness is Bug X4, immune to Psychic).
Ghost/Rock (Weak to Ghost, Dark, Water, Grass, Steel and Ground [unless with Levitate], immune to Fighting and Normal).
Fighting/Flying (Weak to Ice, Electric, Psychic, and Flying, immune to Ground).

I'd assume it'll be learning Fury cutter, Sacred Sword, Swords Dance, Night Slash, Slash, X-Scissor (if its evolution is two swords), Sharpen, etc.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I love this new pokemon, it's awesome and i think i just cracked the case on it. What if this guy

WyODS.jpg

was a legendary knight searching for this powerful sword pokemon, which could be a legendary?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Monorpale is a STEEL type pokemon. A sword was inevitable. I love the sword.

Most steel-types are slow, so be prepared for that let down. However, considering its small size it might be more like Exedrill.

Most likely, this will the the exedrill of this Gen. A powerful OU steel type.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
This is probably the first time I'm more excited about a Ghost type than my brother is. This sword is freakin awesome. If it has Levitate then I hope it doesn't evolve. Its going to be a pretty hardcore powerhouse on its own already. To me it doesn't look as if it'll evolve either. Sorta like Zangoose and other one stagers.

I'm hopin it has some insane attack stat similar to Slaking just maybe not as high and pushes close to 560 BST. So much potential ♥w♥

At first I hated it immensely ... until I saw the footage and it unsheathing, then I'm like "Cool!".

If it has Levitate then it'll have 4 immunities (Ground, Fighting, Normal, and Poison) which, if it has good stats, would make it overpowered; if it has an awesome evolution, it'll be OU. So idk, how they're planning to manage Levitate and balancing it out. Nevertheless, Ghost/Steel is awesome typing!

I'd assume it'll be learning Fury cutter, Sacred Sword, Swords Dance, Night Slash, Slash, X-Scissor (if its evolution is two swords), Sharpen, etc.

Sacred Sword is a legendary exclusive so I don't see it getting it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2013
Yeah I don't like this one. I know 'it doesn't look like a pokémon' is a pathetic reason, but seriously it's a sword. It doesn't even look living unlike the Vanillite line.

As long as it doesn't get any evos and isn't particularly strong I guess I can just forget about it.
Bare in mind it is a Ghost type.

I like the Sword with its sheathed form. I can't tell about the unsheathed as I haven't got a close picture yet. I am sure we will get Official Art soon since Coro Coro is just around the corner or at least they leaks are. As for the concept of the Poke I like it, I am not really one to complain especially when it is an inanimate object they are just bond to happen in every generation.

Back