• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](IC)

Ihsaan

shinigami of the alfheim
Years
Samuel the Bidoof
399.png

Mission: "Appease Rina!"

Samuel's already wide grin, widened to it's breaking point as Varien nodded at him. Yes! I have made a friend! I'm so awesome, c: ,Samuel thought to himself. As the Keckleon completed his nod, Samuel decided to nod vigorously. Perhaps too vigorously, as his tie began to come loose without him realizing it. He began pondering on all the fun he and his new friend were going to have. He was so lost in thought that he was oblivious, to a ribbon-like figure looming over him. She soon put an end to his obliviousness with her shrill war cry.

"HEY! BIDOOF WITH THE TIE! GET BACK OVER HERE!"

Samuel was stunned, so stunned in fact, that he tripped on his slack tie and tumbled into her. He turned red, well as red as a Bidoof could get. He imagined his response to the situation and how he was going to make the best of it;

Samuel: "I do apologize my lady, it does appear that my tie has come untied. I shall do away with that in an instance, yup!"

Rina: "Oh Samuel, you sweetheart!"

This was going to go amazingly. At least Samuel thought it would. He took a breath, and the red slowly faded away. The color didn't go back to normal, however, all of it ebbed away when he looked at Rina's steely glare again. His confidence and limb control were snatched away by the Chimecho's intimidating glare.

"I-I-m.. S-S-So-Sor-Sorr-Sorry." he murmured loud enough for Rina to hear. He managed a weak smile to accompany his lackluster words.

Xtrashy

Shy - Like really shy, super shy, like, extra shy.
Years
The front door of Forget-Me-Not opened slowly to reveal a parasect. The mushroom laden girl slowly crept into the building and let the door shut behind her slowly, wanting to grab as little attention as possible from anyone. Looking around once inside she saw that her boss appeared to be sleeping. Good, keep quiet and she wouldn't be yelled at. Second was the two coworkers that seemed to be engaged in some type of argument, alright still good. She made her way around and began to work, or at least do what one would do since the store wasn't technically open, which was get ready for it to be open. With relatively little interest on what her coworkers seemed to be bickering on about, she went ahead and ignored them completely. Honestly it was great, aside from having to show up so early she didn't have to deal with customers, Amaryllis, or the other employees. If only work could be like this everyday.

Though she supposed there was a reason for coming in this early, Amaryllis wasn't the kind of person to pay someone to stand around, possibly had something to do with the current argument going on, while she was interested in being informed, she wasn't going to involve herself in an argument, especially not when Amaryllis seemed to be napping, she wouldn't be the one blamed for waking the boss up, nope. Just going about her own business, making things ready for when the store did open, or other orders.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018

The Boulevard
5:19 AM | Somewhere nearby

The source of the nearing sound made a turn out of an alley two stores up the road, and now was in clear view on the boulevard.

zQ6pRs9.png

Standing at a menacing height, a girthy body of solid muscle and fat, dark eyes covered by the shade cast from the rim of the easily-recognizable orange hat, there stood Goro, the Pangoro. He continued on down the street, taking his own sweet time, the scrape and heft to his step now more clearly audible. Though one could not see his eyes, he kept his head held firmly high, staring far down the street as he let a twig that sprouted the buds of Oran berries jut from out the side of his mouth.

Goro was well known in the community to be in the business of security. It only made sense that today, he now wore the orange hat with the blue and red circle-slash pin on its front--the hat of the volunteer Festival Guard. He took his work seriously, up this early to patrol his assigned zone for any suspicious activity, his vow that nothing would interfere with the progress of the Summer Festival, one of the most important days for Jubilee, its residents, and its visiting neighbors.

His lumbering stopped. He stood there for a moment in silence, a store away from both Spirited Away and Forget-Me-Not. His ear twitched. He heard the sound of a knock and scuttling from a westward direction. He caught the glimpse of what looked like a strip of thin blue quickly slip its way from the wall on Spirited Away and around the corner.

He was sharp enough to notice that out from under the shade of the store's canopy, there was a faint shadow on the wall as well, seeming to have been cast by no real thing on the street.

Or at least, nothing immediately visible. Deviating from his standard path, his walk began to drift in the direction of the ghostly store.​

WARNING:
GORO IS APPROACHING

Spirited Away
5:19 AM | Main Floor

EtbhL2l.png

The purple specter drifted through the dark, the light of his floating candle a soft glow that illuminated the way as its owner had willed it. Nearing the Check Out counter, he had the intention to enter the Manager's Office to retrieve a few supplies that would aid in sprucing up the store, when he heard a knock on his door. He stopped and turned his head to face it, silent.

... Was that a knock? What slog would be up at 5-something in the morning, knocking on my door?

He grumbled discontentedly under his breath. He had every mind to ignore it. For all he knew, it could have been some shady gangster meant to jump him as soon as he opened the door so that their criminal buddies could rush him and rob the store of his precious printer paper and tree bark charms--or worse, gangster charm-thieves employed by Amaryllis. She would do that too, he figured.

She looks like she would lead a mafia.

The levitating ghost approached the windowless door, his candle swinging itself to the side and out of the way as the both of them elevated themselves a height higher to reach the peephole. He peered through, leering outside to see if there were someone there. When he saw no one, he rolled his eyes in slight exasperation. He had no intention of opening the door in the first place, but now it only solidified his reservation.

He thought to glance through the blind of a window, just to be sure he wasn't dealing with a prankster or the especially vertically challenged, and so as a blind happened to nudge itself slightly out of the way to give Castiel a sliver of space to peer through, he saw it.

No.

Goro was walking this way.

Quickly, the blind pressed itself back up against the window. Castiel twisted himself right back around, a grave look in his eyes, the candle that floated beside him had its flame significantly diminish in an attempt to hide its light. The bottom of his cloak and the skirt-like fringe of his body began to billow and bluster as if a great spirit wind swept up from underneath him, and with a great rush, he blew himself right down the front of the store, headed straight down the aisles and toward the back in an urgent hurry, his voice ringing hushed yet clearly, "Everyone! Out of the back and keep quiet! Goro is coming! Look busy!"

Forget-Me-Not
5:19 AM | Main Floor

L3aLOsZ.png

"OH, GOODNESS!"

Someone's outburst startled Amaryllis right awake, and then she heard a commotion. Her ever-gazing eye mask seemed to look on with an especially strong intensity coupled with Amaryllis' exasperated tone. "I tell you all not to wake me up and then you wake me up! Shouting, and then this ruckus here! Look, you even had me shout myself awake just then! Don't you know we have to be quiet? We aren't exactly supposed to be up this early today!" Frazzled, and now sitting up straight in her bean chair, she patted at her giant bouquet boa, trying to make sure that she hadn't shaken any of her flowers out of place upon her head. Blinded by her sleep mask, she accused blanketly, "Where's your common sense!?

All present were dealt a Reprimand!
Where's your common sense?

All of her antennae twitching in annoyance and feedback, she began to stand, although her sense of orientation was a little off from being shocked awake, and her leafy lowers nearly knocked over her "EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO MY OPINION" tea mug. Just a little of her peppermint tea spilled onto the somewhat shaggy mat under her, but it would not be a colorful stain. When she had her bearings, she held her head up with her nose upturned and began to advance with a sharp bump in her hips in every step, while still strangely refusing to take off her mask. She had absentmindedly kicked Rina's missing thimble out of the way--the small object being unnoticeable to her anyway--and headed toward the Bidoof and Chimecho cohorting off under a shelf, out of the way. Standing directly before the two of them, she commanded in a vexed tone as her hands made a big motion to stand, "Let's go! We're not here to stand around, we're here to work! Pick up the slack! Come, come!"

As if to prove her seriousness, she pulled up her horror mask finally, and gave the two of them a very strong stare. It was made worse from the bit of sleep crust in her eyes and the slight bags under them. Truly she had missed her beauty sleep. She was about to give them her signature side-eye glare when something else caught her attention: a small basket on the floor with an assortment of colorful and pretty things, some of its contents spilled out and about as if it had been knocked.

"...Oh~" Immediately her eyes lit up as she lifted a hand to her mouth in surprise, and stepped her way over to the basket, bending down and picking the rest of it up by the handle. Her tone changed to something of a pleasant surprise. "Oh, just look at that! Look at this basket and all these darling little things in it! Oh! Are these Heart Scales? Oh, look at how they shine even at this ungodly hour--And these little barrettes are so charming! Ohoho~" She looked up, her demeanor almost entirely changed, completely impressed with the gift. "Is this for me? Who brought this fantastic little goodie basket!" She looked over Rina and Samuel, the both of them were standing right beside the spilled basket when she had seen it. It would only make sense that perhaps one or the other brought it in. She also glanced around the room, only to find her eyes instead land on... Spora, the Parasect, who was already headed toward the box of decorations that sat on the stool behind the Check Out counter. She could have brought it in as well and loaned it to Rina and Samuel to work on decorating while she herself tackled the big box.

"Oh, Spora!" Amaryllis called, a very pleased look about her. "I didn't even notice you, but I'm sure you get that all the time." She glanced around among the three of her employees. "Which one of you brought in this wonderful basket for me?"

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019

Rina the Chimecho ~ Forget-Me-Not

chimecho.gif

Mentions: Samuel, Amaryllis, Spora
Held Item: Basket of accessories...?
Rina paled, realizing her mistake at that moment, just as her stentorian cry was beginning to fade. The beast had awoken. They shook their floral mane and bellowed, staggering up from their slumber. Horrifically, her boss lumbered forwards, the faux and impenetrable gaze of the sleeping mask making Amaryllis seem a sashaying zombie, frothing with rage.

"Where's your common sense?" The reprimand was devastating. Rina felt her figurative heart sink. One rash move, one loud noise, and she'd already plummeted to the bottom of the employment totem pole. The Chimecho, paralyzed in disbelief and self-deprecation, could do little but face her slow-coming, hip-popping doom.

Rina's impetuous cry had stunned another familiar waste-of-existence too. The dross-colored Samuel had gone and tripped over his flashy little tie, stumbling into her tail and knocking her basket straight from Rina's grip. The Chimecho stifled a squeal of horror as the scales and ribbons went tumbling out of the freshly-spilled basket. Oh, of course! How convenient! And the Bidoof had the temerity to force out a bumbling apology, looking up at her as if he were locking eyes with her father; a Ghost.

Amaryllis' frightening arrival gave Rina little time to do anything but shoot Samuel an accusatory glance with a sharp turn of her polished head. Then, the boss was waving their arms in both of their faces, going "Come, come!"

What does she want, the boss? What does she want!? Bewildered, Rina moved backwards some, saying nothing, for she hardly knew what would mollify this frantically-flouncing Florges.

Soon came the big reveal of what lay beneath the mask, though it should have come as no surprise. Rina still cringed nonetheless at the look of her manager's enervated, sunken expression, deep-grey eyes flitting with rage. There was something else coming, Rina could feel the build-up like a storm on the horizon. What was next, she wondered, and why did she so earnestly dread it, whatever it may be? Fortunately, the signature look never came. The beast went mild, spontaneously. She seemed to be distracted by something…

"Oh, just look at that! Look at this basket and all these darling little things in it!" Rina nearly choked. All the beautiful contents of her basket were strewn at Amaryllis' mercy. The Florges' mood had changed entirely as she eyed them with adoration. Her swooning made the Chimecho sick. The boss had not the faintest idea which of them had spent all of an hour gathering every approachable scrap they could find, which employee was the hard-working amongst a fool and some other. Rina knew, she knew very well, but excruciatingly enough, she could not bring herself to speak out. Her words stuck steadfast in her throat and, for some unfathomable reason, she hesitated at the sound of Amaryllis' question…

Last edited:

Xtrashy

Years
If Spora had the ability to roll her eyes, she would have, but being pupil-less made it pretty much impossible. Even after doing her best to not get in the way or make any noise she was still on the receiving end of the blame. Typical, getting lumped in with everyone when there was punishment to dole out, it certainly wouldn't work that way when rewards were going to be administered. Of course Amaryllis was as charming to her as a burnt twig. Regardless the shift in mood was fairly obvious, still looking to distance herself as much as possible she spoke up.

"I certainly didn't." she stated.

Then she went about what she was doing before, getting to making things look good after all. She had to keep herself busy if she didn't want Amaryllis constantly poking at her to do things. She was already on her bosses bad side and it wasn't even her fault, no need to increase that list if she could help it after all, besides, taking credit that wasn't hers would probably just bite her in the mushroom anyway given how argumentative the other two seemed to be.

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
Varien the Kecleon
352.png

Mission: Infiltrate Spirited Away

Varien waited and waited. He didn't count the seconds, but it felt like a lot had passed. Nothing happened, no one opened the door. When was ready to give up, there was a faint light against door and windows, barely noticeable. He only saw himself because he was focused entirely on the shop.

A few precious few moments passed, Varien's heart beat increasing to prepare for a tricky move. There was again no movement, but then the blind at a window moved, ever so slightly, whoever was peeping from inside unable to see him from this angle.

The blind returned to its normal position, and the dim light faded away completely. Someone inside said something inside, too distant and whispered for Varien to pick it up clearly, but he got a string of words:

Everyone... quiet... Goro is... busy!

Goro.... Varien knew that name. It was something Amaryllis said... Someone to be careful of... Oh, it's that tall, dark, hunk of bear, Goro. It looks like he's going to be the Festival Guard of our street for tomorrow's big event. He's a big, strong Pangoro of few words, but honestly, that's how men should be these days. Don't make me look bad in front of him or you'll get something worse than a stern talking to, and it won't be from me! Her warning from the day before, that was where he had heard the name before. Varien wasn't worried from the description alone, but seeing him up close was not something he wanted.

If Goro was coming, this was bad, very bad. Varien withdrew his shadow, only extended a few inches from his invisible feet, then cautiously stepped backwards into the darkness of the alley. He kept his feet high, looking behind, in front, down one way of the street, and the other, where he saw the approaching danger: a big black bear, camouflaged in the night, nothing but the orange hat and white face really visible from this distance.

He's coming this way! Varien tried to keep his emotions under control, holding his breath. His skin tinged a bright red, only visible up close or with real focus. Luckily, he backed into the alley and exhaled, colours returning. After a few slowed breaths, Varien turned himself invisible again, further backing to behind the shop. He didn't dare to look away from where Goro was coming from, expecting him to suddenly appear, face of rage, ready to pound the Kecleon.

If Goro catches me, the mission will be over and I'll be thrown in jail, my image forever tainted. I can't let him see me! Varien made it to the other side of the alley without issue, still staring ahead.​

Years

Absol%2BOutline.png

SILVER

Silver smiled at the small pile of scarves piled at her feet. A few probably wouldn't work, some of the more brightly colored ones. But the darker ones would look great, the blacks and purples and blues would go well, as well as match the general aesthetic of the shop. She gently picked them up and carried them over to the candles that Castiel had gathered for her. Perfect, she thought. Now all she needed was…

Her train of thought was broken as one of her coworkers came up behind her and said, "'Ey, Silver! I gotta base over here for our little project. If ya don't mind me asking, what is that'cha doing anyways? Something about scarves?"

She jumped at first, not expecting someone behind her, then recovered and smiled back. "Ooh, nice! A table!" she exclaimed. She had always liked the Braixen Blair, despite her often cynical attitude. She was pleasant enough to work with, although a bit odd sometimes. Silver said excitedly, "Well I figured the look we are looking for is pretty mysterious, right? So if we were to dress someone up in a bunch of scarves, they would look like a…"

She was cut off when the boss suddenly exclaimed, "Everyone! Out of the back and keep quiet! Goro is coming! Look busy!"

Silver decided to quickly finish the conversation, now whispering as she walked out of the storage room and back into the main area of the shop. "Anyway, you know what I mean. Oh, see if you can maybe find a tablecloth or something after...well, whatever this is." She then darted over to a table and began to rearrange merchandise.

She wasn't quite sure why Castiel was so worried about Goro. She had met the grumpy old pokemon a few times in the past, and although he was definitely intimidating, he didn't seem like the type who would be dangerous. At least, not dangerous so long as they were not doing anything wrong. He probably volunteered as security for the festival today, which would explain why he would be out so early. She sighed softly and gave herself a small shrug. Whatever the reason for her boss to be so worried, she should probably just do what she was told.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019

chimecho.gif

Location: Forget-Me-Not; underneath a shelf, facing Amaryllis
Mentions: Amaryllis, Spora, Samuel
Held Item: Basket of accessories
As Spora skittered off, Rina was at first silent and her face portrayed very little. Truly, her beady little eyes were simmering with resentment as she followed the fungal form of her newly-arrived coworker. Their name was unbeknownst to her and she could hardly make out their gender or anything else from their soulless white eyes, the oddly-speckled mushroom that appeared to swallow their back and scalp. Yet the creepy crawler had already asserted their presence in Forget-Me-Not, responding so laconically yet with such impudence before scurrying off to carry out a seemingly self-assigned task. It irritated Rina, inspired envy within the Chimecho's hollow figure. Why do they come and leave so? Was that not the role I wished to take, the hardworker above the petty conflicting of the lesser peers?

With that passing thought, Rina suddenly dreaded further involvement in Amaryllis-loathing. She wanted to break from the dead link Samuel as quickly as possible. Suddenly, she wanted to work and prove her aspiration to work just as the eerie insect had so seamlessly done. The basket still lay tipped on the floor and the Chimecho rushed forwards, finally, to claim it.

"Miss ma'am Amaryllis! I, Rina, have brought the basket with all of the objects! I think the decorations would be very lovely and useful for the task you have assigned us with."

Last edited:

Ihsaan

shinigami of the alfheim
Years
Samuel the Bidoof
399.png

Mission: "Try Not To Get Fired!"

Samuel had screwed up. Even he, the clueless jester had realized this. He was frozen under Amaryllis's steely gaze, somehow even more frightening than her makeshift sleeping mask. He tried to apologize but he couldn't. He wanted to take the blame, but he was too scared. It was his fault Rina got into this. But he was silent. Samuel had hardly ever felt the emotions of envy, guilt or sadness. He had only felt joy and pride. This cocktail of emotions was dangerous to him, and he could feel his eyes getting moist. He closed them, and when he re-opened them he found Amaryllis distracted. He let out a huge sigh, and looked at their new companion, Spora. He immediately turned away. He was terrified. A Psychic Type and a Bug Type? Why not some normal, Normal-types? He was about to ask Amaryllis for some work, to prove his worth and to not lose his job, until he saw Rina's ribbon-like body fluttering away.

He began accompanying her, he needed to redeem himself and helping her was the best way. Samuel felt joy in knowing that he might appease Rina. But as they say, Ignorance is Bliss.

Last edited:

Xtrashy

Years
Spora was quite happy that had worked out for her, and by worked out for her she meant that no one was focused on her and she could go ahead and get on with working. Ah from one hardship to another, life was full of disappointment. Still it wouldn't take her long to get the store in a festive enough atmosphere, surely the reason she was called here early wasn't something as trivial as a bit of pre-decorating for the festival right? Though far be it from her to bother with such things, if anything was important enough it would be revealed eventually right?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Gabriel
The Attention That He DOESN'T Need

Gabriel felt his heart hammer within his chest as he barely caught sight of the mon that was heading down the alley. He head heard that those with the orange hats were guards who were out to make sure that nothing horrible happened during the festival itself. Gabriel was having a hard time remembering the bear's name. He was supposedly the only one that would be watching the two stores, right? Okay, there were two outcomes here. The first was that Gabriel could hide and hopefully miss the bear entirely. The second was that he could hop down and make up a
story about why he was hiding. It WAS late out, and he could straight up lie to the guard's face about why he was out here. Maybe something about being ordered to clean up the alleyway for Castiel? It could work.

He decided to play it safe and slowly began to shift himself so that he could lay flat and hope that his darkened fur would help keep him from being spotted. Okay, the plan was simple. He would hide and hope that Gorro wouldn't catch him. If he was spotted he would claim that he heard someone walking down this way and had hid, not sure if the approaching mon was of ill intent or not. He could throw in some hammy lines about not being paid enough to also fight off thugs for the store or such and leave it at that.

Okay, he had a great plan set up and an extension of said plan if things went south while chatting with the bear. If only there was some other sort of distraction… something that could take Gorro's eyes off of him. As if that would happen. He was stuck in a bind here. SOMETHING had caught Gorro's interest enough to have him lumber down this alleyway. Thankfully he was an employee of the shop, so it wasn't as if Gorro would be able to charge him with trespassing or something else. So he had that going for him at least.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018

The Boulevard
5:22 AM | At Spirited Away

zQ6pRs9.png

As Goro approached, eyes trained on the corner of the store before it rescinded into the alley, the faint movement of something in the window caught his eye. Quickly he glanced over to see a blind move just in time back into its spot, and a faint glow behind it dim. Just then, something with a soft hint of color in a form he wasn't able to make out in so short an amount of time seemed to appear right out of his focus. He returned his gaze to the corner store's edge. There was nothing there, but the occurrence was strange. He had no reason to doubt his eyes. Something was happening at Spirited Away.​

WARNING:
Goro is SUSPICIOUS!

Spirited Away
5:23 AM | Main Floor

EtbhL2l.png

There were three, strong thumps at the front door.

Castiel snapped around and stared at the door with a look of dread in his eyes as he mumbled, "Just great..."

He looked over his shoulder and quickly advised his crew to "Keep acting like you all are productive while I handle this," before making his way across the floor, yet again, to the obvious guest at the door. The dimmed candle that lifted itself alongside him was set on the edge of the checkout counter, as if to be out of the way. With the flick of a bolt lock and the twist of a knob, the door slowly creaked ajar, and Castiel peered out to be met with a wall of white fuzz. And then he looked up.

The indelible glower of a Pangoro met his eyes.

"Oh, Goro!" Castiel greeted coolly, a slight inflection of surprise in voice as he peered through the barely-opened door. "This is a surprise. I see you're bright and early. Can I help you with something?"

"Open the door," Goro grunted.

Castiel's look of contented, casual comradeship deeply intensified, as if to hide the welling tension he felt from the bass-pitched, no-nonsense volunteer authority. "Sure thing," the owner said as he let the door fully open now, although Goro may as well have been another door as he took up almost the entirety of the space. The ghost slowly ascended up to meet the six-foot tall Pokemon at eye-level, hoping somewhat to block the Pangoro's view briefly so his employees could get onto the floor and look situated and working. Castiel was going to inquire again if Goro needed something, but he was cut off after complying.

"Do you have employees on the premises," the Guard starkly posed. Castiel felt a chill run up what would be his spine, if he had one. He would answer, but he immediately anticipated an embarrassing failure on the part of Gabriel, the Weavile whom he had sent out to do reconnaissance.

"I do," he answered calmly, "No more than two are present, and they're both helping me set up shop." He was referring to Blair and Silver. He divorced himself from the Weavile, whom he couldn't immediately call on to make present anyway.

Goro only grunted, the twig of budding Oran berries in his mouth twitched. Then he looked over his his broad shoulder at the edge of the store, gazing intently at it in silence for a moment.

"Come." He had commanded, and with a couple heavy, lumbering steps, opened up the doorway for Castiel to pass through as he moved beyond the door jamb and out of sight.

The feeling of dread once again hanged like a shadow under the brim of his brow, as the Ghost followed after the alley-bound Guard. He was sure Gabriel had already been caught.

Forget-Me-Not
5:23 AM | Main Floor

L3aLOsZ.png

"Rina?" Amaryllis kept a look of surprise on her face when the Chimecho stepped forward to claim it. "Oh my gracious! I never thought you had an eye for such creative little things," she somewhat complimented, grasping the basket of goods tightly to her chest. "And I just love these little Heart Scales! Where did you get them from? Oh, what a convenient, helpful, and thoughtful little present! You truly came prepared!"

Rina earned +2 Favor!
"You truly came prepared!"

All of Amaryllis' gushing turned her rosy cheeked for a moment, and she sang out a sweet note as a few petals from her floral mane ruffled themselves loose. She was absolutely delighted, and it seemed to perk her up a bit from her tiredness as well. "Now that all that fuss is behind us, let's get to work, my lovelies~" She slipped the wicker handle of the basket into the crook of her arm as she held it out to her side. With her other hand, she turned and pointed an open palm at the self-secluded Spora, already at a head start in doing her job. "Spora," she called out, "Oh, Spora, look at you already working. I didn't have to tell you twice, now did I? Of course, you're consistently diligent, like a proper employee."

Spora earned +1 Favor!
"You're consistently diligent, like a proper employee!"

If only everyone had a giant, body-controlling fungus on their backs...

She pointed beside the Parasect to the wall. Above her, the height of three back fungi up, was a shelf of pretty ceramic vases. "I need you to hang those special crushed petal streamers on the little hooks underneath the wall shelves, Spora. Take a stool from behind the register to reach, I'm sure you can. And take down the biggest vase up there. I'm going to do something with it later." Satisfied with her orders, she turned back around and directed herself to Rina.

"Rina, I need you to get the paper lanterns from the giant decorations box on the counter. Hang some of them up for me, but not the green ones. They're that kind of peaty green and it's a real clash. I honestly don't know why I even have them." She stopped herself for a moment and glanced off to the side, as if a thought struck her. She sniffed her nose and shook her head. "In fact, yeah, if you find those green ones, just toss them in the trashcan that's at the start of the alley out in front, to the left of the store."

Amaryllis, having finished with the girls in the store, glanced down at the Bidoof before her, just now noticing his somewhat low expression as a result from her earlier scold.

She felt a twinge of pity for the creature. Just a twinge.

"Samuel," she said to him in her motherly tone, "You should come with me. I want you to help me, especially." The Florges offered a soft, genuine smile.​

Last edited:

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
Ah, good ol' Silver. She was one of the only coworkers that Blair was on relatively friendly terms with; the reason why stemmed from Silver's penchant for being the only one who could be bothered to listen to her ramblings about magic, and anyone who could be bothered to be curious about magic was a-OK in Blair's book.

"Well I figured the look we are looking for is pretty mysterious, right? So if we were to dress someone up in a bunch of scarves, they would look like a…"

As their conversation was interrupted by Castiel's interjection, Blair's ears perked up, remembering that Goro was most likely the cause for the interruption, given Castiel's usual calm demeanor being tested whenever Goro was around. Not feeling overly comfortable with the hulking security guard, particularly given his occupation, she tried not to appear nervous, shaping her face into a forced smile as the conversation played out, trying not to think about the hulking security guard. As they wrapped up their little conversation about the project, Blair said to Silver, with a strained voice, "Yeah, uh, let's tend to the shop, we'll finish this up later."

Blair darted over to the bookcases, stocked with everything from romance novels (that Blair totally doesn't read because she's so not into romance) to spell books. In order to do her part, she decided to scan the books, seeing if any needed to be reordered or if there were any titles in need of being stocked. As she mulled this over, Goro knocked at the door, prompting Castiel to answer it. After the sneaking suspicion that their little "operation" had been busted at the hands of Gabriel after Goro dragged Castiel to the alley for something, Blair huffed, more exasperated than angry crossing her arms and thinking, Man, they don't pay me nearly enough for this job. I should have just found some other store. But then again, who'd hire me with a record that I racked up back home? Nowhere, barring a place like this..

Channeling her nervousness into a facade of salty indifference, Blair sighed, jotting down inventory on an inventory log she swiped from the supply room after getting rushed out of there to look busy. She hoped that this would be enough to appease Goro when he makes the inevitable rounds in the store after dealing with Castiel.

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
Varien the Kecleon
352.png

Mission: Infiltrate Spirited Away - Completed!
Mission: Find out about their Big Gimmick

Time slowed. Sweat would have built up on Varien's face if he could do such a thing. Each heartbeat a loud pulse of noise in his ears. Calm... he had to stay calm. He need to be in control of his emotions. The alley suddenly felt really small.

Then Goro walked by.
He's gone... He didn't look down the alley... Varien's breathing speed increased, the thought of any number of possible outcomes flooding his immediate. Was Goro waiting for him to emerge? Was he being baited? The Kecleon calmed himself again, closing his eyes, focusing on keeping himself concealed, reverting to invisible once again from a pale purple.

This is my chance! He's walking towards the door! Rushing forward, almost forgetting to keep quiet, Varien returned to the opening of the alleyway. This time careful to keep his stripe behind the corner, he poked his head around to observer Goro in front of the shop.

Goro was massive, at least twice Varien's height and no doubt far heavier. He was glad Goro couldn't see him or knew he was here, as just the profile of his dimly-lit, already dark face was enough to make Varien gulp. He had to concentrate on keeping him colouring invisible, so he wasn't able to pick up the entire conversation.

"This is a surprise .... help you with something?"

Varien sees words mouthed but doesn't pick up on them. He keeps his focus on his breathing, but doesn't look away, trying to catch words thrown this way.

"Come."

There was an exchange, words Varien couldn't hear without fear of losing his colouring, then Goro turned this way, the purple ghost Castiel following before he could fully take in what happened. They're coming this way!!

Panic set in as Varien pulled his head back. He didn't want to fail this mission and ruin his reputation. No! He needed to think of something to get out of his... Shadow Sneak! I can use that to sneak around them!

Varien kept his cool this time, focused on what he needed to do. He waited until Goro was just around the corner, then at the last moment before he would round it and spot the Kecleon, his colouring defaulted to purple and he sunk into the shadows. He slid with this shadow around the corner, along the ground, underneath the two approaching Pokemon, reemerging behind Castiel. He switched places with his shadow instead of attacking with it.

Although an unorthodox execution of the move, Varien had used Shadow Sneak to extended his shadow and disappear with it, pushing himself away from his location, rather than the other way around. He hadn't used the fine adjustment before, so he was happy with his achievement, but he knew he didn't have time to celebrate.

Immediately after using the move, Varien turned invisible again, heart racing, dashing to the slightly open door, passing through in just the nick of time.​

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Gabriel
The Distraction

Gabriel waited for several moments as he heard some loud footsteps echoing out amid the alley. He waited... and waited... and waited, but it seemed that no one was heading his way. Perhaps whoever it was had just passed on by? It was entirely possible, if he had to be honest. It could have simply been some other mon who was awake at this hour. There was ALWAYS someone awake at any given hour.

He decided to check at least. He pushed out from his hiding spot and began to make his way up through the side alley when he caught sight of something rather odd. He swore he saw a blue zigzag near the corner of the store. He blinked in surprise, wondering if he had so little sleep that he was hallucinating now. Then he heard a deep voice.

"Do you have employees on the premises?"

Crud. Trouble was straight ahead. Since he was still near the rear of the alleyway Gabe quickly disappeared around the corner and thought long and hard about what to do next. Goro had been here earlier. Had he seen him? Or had he heard him back here? He had made a slight racket earlier. He had to get out of here! He couldn't go through the alley itself, so he would have to try another way. It was still dark, so it would be harder for anyone to catch sight of him properly. He glanced at the back wall of the shop and could feel his mind getting back into its old groove.

It was simple for him to quickly see what he would have to do to get on top of the roof and hide from any potential seeking eyes. From there he would just have to wait for any footsteps to sound out from the alleyway and he could roll off the roof and make his way to Forget-Me-Not. Wasting no further time he used his clawed hands to quickly scramble up the wall and grab onto the edge of the roof. He grit his teeth as he pulled himself up and rolled along to the dead middle as he waited a bit to catch his breath.

Last edited:

Xtrashy

Years
'Gosh it's like I'm paid to be here and do stuff.' she thought to herself as she sighed lightly, she didn't want Amaryllis to hear her sigh and then bring more attention to it. But regardless she had been given a task, best to do it as quick as possible before Amaryllis has some sort of conniption, though given the state of things at the moment that seemed highly unlikely. Anyway she got underway with her given task, putting up the streamers.

The vase would have to wait until she got the streamers up, because while she could reach the hangers to get the streamers up, and reach the vase as well, she didn't want to risk possibly breaking the thing by taking it from the floor, especially since Amaryllis wanted to use it for something later. The last thing she needed to do was break something and then have her boss yell at her for ten minutes, or longer Amaryllis was so dramatic most of the time things that normally took a minute or so for a normal pokemon could be dragged out for far too long. The step stool would work for when she needed it, and at least this task would keep her away from anyone else for the moment, or at least that's what she hoped it would do.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019

chimecho.gif

Location: Forget-Me-Not; shelf ↪ counter ↪ Jubilee; left alleyway of Forget-Me-Not
Mentions: Amaryllis, Spora, Samuel
Held Item: Ugly green lanterns (3)
Oh, the praise was sweet, and Rina ignored the comment about her unexpected creativity as the boss gripped tightly her contributions and swooned.

"You truly came prepared!" The scene of Amaryllis' elation was exceptional to watch. She blushed and squealed like a mad-eyed Grumpig, gushing over the heart scales in-particular with a sense of euphoria. Rina had never felt more accomplished than she had this morning, she thought. Most everything had gone accordingly; Amaryllis' reaction was delayed but the reaction Rina'd anticipated all the same.

"Oh, Miss Amaryllis, I have so much gratitude that you like my basket!" The Chimecho felt her spirits soar in an uplifting and short-lived breeze that ended just as Amaryllis placed Rina's possessions on her arm and took to complimenting someone else.

"Oh, Spora, you're already working. I didn't have to tell you twice…"

No, no, no! The Chimecho bit back more than a slight whine at Amaryllis' appraisal. That Bug-type again, the one with the snaggled claws and glazed-over eyes! What was she getting favored for? Doing what she was expected to do? Might as well give Rina and Sam a raise, then, for arriving on time!

"Consistently diligent like a proper employee"... A proper employee. The remark hung like a sour fog and as Rina pondered over it, more and more, she felt a bitter taste surge in her mouth. With awe-inducing brevity, Amaryllis had snatched the Chimecho's feeling of achievement and snapped it oh-so-subtly over her dainty little knee. Rina tried not to let her jealousy, her utter upset, show but there was still a sense of it perceivable from how she wavering near-motionless above the ground. What was this feeling? Utmost loathing? Rina visualized burning lavender petals… a smoldered dead-eyed sleeping mask…

"Rina—"

Oh, now what is it you would like now? Live up to the standards of yourself before turning and going to spit in my face? She almost said it, almost. But Rina paled as the words sparked into her mind. She couldn't say that, not when she needed to make abundantly clear to Madame Amaryllis how much she excelled past the calibers of a 'proper employee'.

Hang lanterns that are not green, trash the lanterns that are green. "I will do that, yes." With hustle, she departed to the counter, unbeknownst to who she might have bustled over or through. The box of decor was certainly large, so much so that it would be impossible for Rina to carry it on her lonesome. She decided the most reasonable thing to do was to take the individual lanterns out to the alley, the peat green ones, and junk them. She plucked one, back turned to her cohorts, staring into the bottomless cardboard box. She hesitated before plucking another one; the sour fog was still there. The Chimecho dunked her tail back into the box, picked a third peat green lantern. Amaryllis' words circled around and around as the fog churned. Proper employee… proper employee…

I need to leave. With sudden resolve, she departed with the three green lanterns,, so fast that she was hardly a distraction. The Chimecho managed violently to open the door to the outside and with immediacy her ribbony tail vanished from sight as the door just-as-quickly closed. Rina left a spray of tiny tears in her wake.

Last edited:
Years
Absol%2BOutline.png

SILVER

The door clicked shut as Castiel followed Goro, an uncomfortable look on his face as the gap in the door narrowed, then closed behind her boss. For a moment, she thought she saw the shifting of some shadow, but she dismissed it as a trick of the light, probably the lights outside or something, or perhaps the last light of the moon peeking through the gap in the door. She hummed quietly to herself as she did her work, shifting and arranging the various goods on the tables. She wasn't sure if she should return to her task yet, Castiel was still out doing something with Goro, and she didn't want to do anything without his say so, just in case.

So she decided to continue stocking for now. Poking around, she noticed a few items not replenished by whoever had closed the night before. The closers were supposed to make sure everything was all stocked at the end of the night, but apparently someone had gotten lazy last night. She called out to Blair, "Hey, I'm going into the back to gather some more stuff." Looking around at the dim store, she said, "And let's get some lights on, okay? I can't work in this darkness." The candle Castiel had left on the checkout counter was the only light throughout the store at the moment. The sun wouldn't rise for another hour or so, and Castiel had insisted on leaving the shutters closed for now anyway for some reason.

She continued humming some nondescript tune to herself walking into the back, into the storage area once again. "Hmm, lets see...envelopes...friendship bracelets...glass...ah! Here we are, heart scales!" Pulled out the box to find a dozen or so of the expensive shiny objects. Because they were so valuable, Castiel never had more than a few of them out in the main shop at once, just in case they were stolen. She picked up a few, careful not to damage or scratch them, then paused for a moment. She curiously pulled the box labeled "Glass" and peeked inside. After giving the contents a quick search, she smiled slightly, then slid the box back into place where it belonged. Humming once again, she started walking again towards the front of the shop in a very good mood. Hopefully Blair got the lights on.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
There. Got all the stinkin' books in order.
Blair finally finished inventorying the stock of books, cataloguing the inventory in the inventory log. While initially going it just so she could Blair looked behind her, expecting to find Castiel and Goro behind her. Instead, all she saw was Silver and a dim, empty store. Relaxing a bit, relieved that she wouldn't have to deal with talking with the security guard, while also slightly concerned about what was going on with Castiel, she focused her attention to Silver, who called out to her. "Hey, I'm going into the back to gather some more stuff. And let's get some lights on, okay? I can't work in this darkness."

Blair, having no reason to say no, replied with a simple, gruff, "Ya got it, Silver" and she walked over to the front of the store where the switches were for the lights and flicked them on. As the lights illuminated the place, she can better make out the store layout and the status of their project. Satisfied with Spirited Away's illumination, Blair returned to manning another position in the cash register, readying it for whoever might be cashier for the day, keeping an eye at the door in case the boss came through, expecting his employees to still "look busy." Just as she was prepping the cash register, she heard Silver emerge from the supply room, seemingly in a cheerful mood. Feeling compelled to ask, Blair said, rather bluntly, "So, why you so happy? It's way too early in the morning for that crap. Of course, I'm usually never ol' Ms. Jolly, but hey". She paused, letting some resentment flare up and added, with a more acidic tone, "That's what I get for trusting a certain unnamed individual."

Ihsaan

shinigami of the alfheim
Years
Samuel the Bidoof
399.png

Mission: "Please the Boss!"

Samuel lowered his gaze, and slowed his walk as Amaryllis rested her lazy eyes on him. "Samuel," she said to him, "You should come with me. I want you to help me, especially." She then smiled at him, and he offered a small smile back. At that moment Samuel was no longer scared. At that moment she was more than a boss, she seemed to actually care for him. There were not that many people who felt that about him. He clumsily adjusted his tie with his paws and patted his fur down with his tail. He was going to prove that, he too was a valued member of Forget-Me-Not!

"Yes ma'am!", he replied with a voice that wasn't booming in any manner, but was definitely louder than his earlier whimpers.

He offered a fleeting glance at Rina and the new employee Spora. He wasn't as scared of Rina as he had initially been, but he wasn't sure if he'd ever get over his fear of Spora. He swiftly turned his head away, and focused on the matter at hand. Help the boss. How difficult could that be?

Back