• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2013
ok thnx for helping me with the script but now when i do have the badge he disappears and then respawns as soon as i step one foot, I want to make him go away forever and I think I set my flags correctly :/

Spoiler:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
ok thnx for helping me with the script but now when i do have the badge he disappears and then respawns as soon as i step one foot, I want to make him go away forever and I think I set my flags correctly :/

Spoiler:
You need to go into advance map and change his Person ID to 209. Also fadescreen 0x3 and 0x2 is right? I usually do fadescreen 0x1 then fadescreen 0x0.

Years
I'd check to make sure you didn't clear or reuse 0x200 at all. I know it sounds stupid, but at this point your error doesn't seem like it should've caused an error.

I haven't used it...I only new it was free because we used it to fix that starter script I worked on a while ago, which was in a different hack...

Oh well. It's a very negligible event really. Only for plot consistency...too bad it won't work though.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2016
Hello guys! I have been doing scripts earlier but only using PokeScript and now I wanna move on and try XSE.

So i did a simple script:

---------------------------

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= Hi.\nMy name is SporreKing.

-------------------------------
And that's supposed to work if I'm not wrong.... But in my case I'm not talking to a person. My script is triggered by a "ScriptEvent" inside AdvanceMap. But whenever I step on the ScriptEvent the game is freezing and I can't do anything. I guess the problem is that "lock" doesn't really have any target since there's no Person, only a ScriptEvent, "faceplayer" doesn't work either because there's nobody who can face the player. But that's just a theory of mine.

Is my theory right, and how should i do instead if it is?

If my theory is wrong.... What's causing the freezing?

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Hello guys! I have been doing scripts earlier but only using PokeScript and now I wanna move on and try XSE.

So i did a simple script:

---------------------------

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= Hi.\nMy name is SporreKing.

-------------------------------
And that's supposed to work if I'm not wrong.... But in my case I'm not talking to a person. My script is triggered by a "ScriptEvent" inside AdvanceMap. But whenever I step on the ScriptEvent the game is freezing and I can't do anything. I guess the problem is that "lock" doesn't really have any target since there's no Person, only a ScriptEvent, "faceplayer" doesn't work either because there's nobody who can face the player. But that's just a theory of mine.

Is my theory right, and how should i do instead if it is?

If my theory is wrong.... What's causing the freezing?

Hmm, that theory is kinda right. Another problem is that you put that kinda script on a person, not a script event tiles. Another problem on top of that problem is that, you need to specify var values and var numbers. Faceplayer only works when you speak with an actual overworld.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2016
Hmm, that theory is kinda right. Another problem is that you put that kinda script on a person, not a script event tiles. Another problem on top of that problem is that, you need to specify var values and var numbers. Faceplayer only works when you speak with an actual overworld.

Ahhh, ok. But how should i do if i want a text box to pop up when i step on the ScriprEvent? I don't wanna talk to any1, only want a text box to pop up when i step on a specifoc place(ScriptEvent position) Also, what are those var values and var numbers you're talking about? And why do i need them?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Ahhh, ok. But how should i do if i want a text box to pop up when i step on the ScriprEvent? I don't wanna talk to any1, only want a text box to pop up when i step on a specifoc place(ScriptEvent position) Also, what are those var values and var numbers you're talking about? And why do i need them?

On a green-s-tile event in A-map, you are asked to fill out a var (variable number) and a value to go along with it. The script will only run when this tile is stepped on and the var is equal to that value. A good one to start with is var 5000, which is automatically set to zero before your first use. If you only want the script to run once, at the end of the script, add this as the last line:

setvar 0x5000 (or whichever var you chose) 0x1

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2016
On a green-s-tile event in A-map, you are asked to fill out a var (variable number) and a value to go along with it. The script will only run when this tile is stepped on and the var is equal to that value. A good one to start with is var 5000, which is automatically set to zero before your first use. If you only want the script to run once, at the end of the script, add this as the last line:

Thx! I think I get it now, I really appreciate it. I'll return if iget any problems, one last question, faceplayer won't work, but will lock and release work?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Thx! I think I get it now, I really appreciate it. I'll return if iget any problems, one last question, faceplayer won't work, but will lock and release work?

faceplayer wont work on S-tiled scripts.

If you want to make NPCs face you or any other direction, you'd need to add an applymovement command.

Also, I don't think lock is required, since it only tells the ROM to lock the NPC you are talking to in place. But you are using an s-tiled event, so it's of no use.
I am not sure about release though.

karatekid552

Years

faceplayer wont work on S-tiled scripts.

If you want to make NPCs face you or any other direction, you'd need to add an applymovement command.

Also, I don't think lock is required, since it only tells the ROM to lock the NPC you are talking to in place. But you are using an s-tiled event, so it's of no use.
I am not sure about release though.

For script tiles, the commands are lockall and releaseall if you want the on screen NPC's to stop moving.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2016

Thanks for the help! It worked perfect now! :D

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
Hey fellas, I'm currently trying to edit Pokemon Emerald's champion script. You know, the one where the player is forced to talk to Wallace as soon as he enters the room and once he beats him, Prof. Birch appears and congratulates the player and the player is forced to go to the Hall of Fame with Wallace afterwards.

I tried using Advance Map 1.92 in order to find the script in the champion's room. Unfortunately, I cannot find it, so I cannot edit anything. What am I doing wrong? All I want to do is add another surprise trainer that appears right before Prof. Birch arrives, similar to Pokemon Shiny Gold's Carlos battle. It shouldn't be too hard to edit, but I need to find the original script first!

Thanks.

karatekid552

Years
Hey fellas, I'm currently trying to edit Pokemon Emerald's champion script. You know, the one where the player is forced to talk to Wallace as soon as he enters the room and once he beats him, Prof. Birch appears and congratulates the player and the player is forced to go to the Hall of Fame with Wallace afterwards.

I tried using Advance Map 1.92 in order to find the script in the champion's room. Unfortunately, I cannot find it, so I cannot edit anything. What am I doing wrong? All I want to do is add another surprise trainer that appears right before Prof. Birch arrives, similar to Pokemon Shiny Gold's Carlos battle. It shouldn't be too hard to edit, but I need to find the original script first!

Thanks.

It should just be a map script under the header tab in A-map. Remember, if you add to ot, you must repoint thay section sonce it will tale up more room than the origional.

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
It should just be a map script under the header tab in A-map. Remember, if you add to ot, you must repoint thay section sonce it will tale up more room than the origional.
You are correct, it is a map script. Thanks! What do you mean by "ot", though? Just wondering.

Years
Yo!

So, quickly, I added some Person Events to Viridian City's map. This map has a level script that applies some movement on those Person Events I added alongside another Person Event that originally exists in the said map.
The problem is that applymovement in the script does not work on the Person Events I just added in the map, only the Person Event that exists originally in the map is affected by applymovement.
So, I am wondering if I should add some specific values to these Persons Events?!?!
I find it weird tough since I was able to applymovement on some other Person Events that was added by me in a different map.

P.S.: I am using Advance Map 1.0.9 - It's a Fire Red rom v1.0
P.S. #2: In a different map (a "house" map) I created other Person Events (the same way!! only different thing is Person ID's) and applied to them applymovement throught a "trigger" Script and everything worked fine with them... I don't know why it won't work in the city's map. :(
P.S. #3: I tried different values for the concerned Person Events' Talking level, Movement and Movement type with no avail. :(
P.S. #4: Help! xD

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Yo!

So, quickly, I added some Person Events to Viridian City's map. This map has a level script that applies some movement on those Person Events I added alongside another Person Event that originally exists in the said map.
The problem is that applymovement in the script does not work on the Person Events I just added in the map, only the Person Event that exists originally in the map is affected by applymovement.
So, I am wondering if I should add some specific values to these Persons Events?!?!
I find it weird tough since I was able to applymovement on some other Person Events that was added by me in a different map.

P.S.: I am using Advance Map 1.0.9 - It's a Fire Red rom v1.0
P.S. #2: In a different map (a "house" map) I created other Person Events (the same way!! only different thing is Person ID's) and applied to them applymovement throught a "trigger" Script and everything worked fine with them... I don't know why it won't work in the city's map. :(
P.S. #3: I tried different values for the concerned Person Events' Talking level, Movement and Movement type with no avail. :(
P.S. #4: Help! xD

You need to do applymovement 0x[Hex value of person id] @move
So if the person ID was 10, then you do applymovement 0xA rather than applymovement 0x10. That is only if you're using the 0x prefix.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2016
Hey! I recently repointed the "OW-Sprite-pointer-table" using Hex Workshop to get more OWSprites. As default in A-map there's only 150 sprites, and as default in OWE-RE there's 153 OWSprites?! When I repoint the sprite-tabel, add a new sprite and then go to A-map my new OWSprite shows up as no. 151 as it should, but in OWE-RE I still only have 153 sprites and can't go any further. I think it's because OWE-RE only checks the spritetable at 0x0039FDB0 and not the actuall pointer, just a theory though. Another notice I've made's that the sprites in OWE-RE seems to have another order than the one's in A-Map btw... The last sprite in A-Map is a deoxys and the last one in OWE-RE is a messed up boat.

My question is, how comes there's only 150 sprites in A-Map but 153 in OWE-RE?

And why can't i see my new added sprite in OWE-RE but in A-Map?

Btw, I'm using FireRed if it matters...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back