• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Killing the "Killing Pokémon Center" Glitch

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
I'm very sorry for bumping, but i have tried this and I must be doing SOMETHING wrong because I can't get it to work :\ please help?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Sorry to bump, but here are the values for Pokemon Emerald:
0x01 = Player's Room (male)
0x02 = Player's Room (female)
0x03 = Petalburg City
0x04 = Slateport City
0x05 = Mauville City
0x06 = Rustboro City
0x07 = Fortree City
0x08 = Lilycove City
0x09 = Mossdeep City
0x0A = Sootopolis City
0x0B = Ever Grande City (Victory Road)
0x0C = Littleroot Town (left)
0x0D = Littleroot Town (right)
0x0E = Oldale Town
0x0F = Dewford Town
0x10 = Lavaridge Town
0x11 = Fallarbor Town
0x12 = Verdanturf Town
0x13 = Pacifidlog Town
0x14 = Ever Grande City (Pokemon League)
0x15 = Southern Island
0x16 = Battle Frontier

EDIT: Updated the list. Thanks colcolstyles.

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Here are your missing values:

Code:
0x01 = Player's Room (male)
0x02 = Player's Room (female)
0x0C = Outside Player's House (male)
0x0D = Outside Player's House (female)
0x15 = Southern Island

0x00 and anything higher than 0x16 appears to always warp the player to Petalburg City.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Thank you so much!!! You helped me with my hack, I accidentally deleted the map scripts. =P

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
Hey, I'm hacking FR and used this patch
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194241

When I run out of usable pokemon I show up in a glitched room and the game freezes.
There are currently no healing spots yet and I'm working to set up mom, at home, to heal you. Is this enough for the game to send me there or to a pokemon center when out of pkmn? Or do I need to sethealingspot all of the PCs and home since the rom is wiped clean with that patch?

EDIT: Ok, so I tried adding sethealingspot 0x01 on moms script and when I run out of pkmn it loads me in the black border of a map, in which I can't move. (stuck there, but can face different directions) The text that appears when you white out and go home shows up as usual, but I'm in an area I can't ecape. Do I need to assign a person ID to mom to make me show up next to her? Same with the pokemon centers, do they need to be assigned something so thats where I go when I run out of pkmn? I know I need to sethealingspot 0xXX, but that wasn't enough with the patch I have I guess. Help please!!!!! Thank you.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2012
this is really starting to piss me off. I try to set a healing place for my map. now the script for my first healing place is just (offset, first pointer) sethealingplace 0x01. that one works. my next town is sethealingplace 0x02. that one works as well. but i try to make one for my next town that is sethealingplace 0x03 and it doesn't work. i'm using emerald and it always warps me back to petalburg city. i've tried everything from changing the healing place i set to deleting all the sethealingplaces in the regular games, to getting rid of the flying position in petalburg city to redoing the script. in my custom pc i have the special 0x1A4 that is just there. i left it there and i tried the script 30 different ways and every time it still teleports me to petalburgh when i lose a fight.

AriArk

Survey Corps
Years
I have something really weird happening.
Basically, I got the error that was happening and this fixed it, but for some reason, once I closed VBA and changed some sprites with Gen 3 hacking suite (I don't think that has anything to do with it but i'll put it here just in case) and also edited a map (not the PC), the error returned when I opened the game in VBA again. What could be happening?

Hold on, I think i've fixed it. If anyone else got this, it seemed the problem was because on the second levelscript, instead of having the levelscript "On entering map/on menu close [05]" I had "On entering map/on menu close [07]"
There must be some difference or something XD

Last edited:
Years
Spoiler:

I have no clue if you're still having this issue but using the patch, this will help a lot: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=336462

Back